Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  3 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  3 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  6 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  6 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  6 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  6 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Other Games
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Chronicles of Elyria - Epic Story MMORPG with Aging & Death

LAN_402 LAN_403
EntropicChaos
6:58:42 pm GMT 05/19/17
EntropicChaos Registered Member #787 Joined: 8:48:31 am GMT 05/30/06
I checked the website, but I didn't see anything that stated whether it was in any playable state yet. Do you know of it is, Amber?
AmberOfDzu
8:45:42 pm GMT 05/19/17
AmberOfDzu Registered Member #279 Joined: 4:17:59 pm GMT 09/25/04
It is definitely not playable. They're still in pre-alpha development, and I'd expect them to stay there quite a while yet.

A normal AAA MMO will have forty-fifty people work for a few years to produce it for launch; it's hard to imagine a kickstarter crew getting there with a team of ten or less as fast as we'd like. I think they're all in this kind of boat; they keep going on excitement, passion, and small contributions. I figure two thirds of them won't make it at all. Minimum.

But not from me. I cheer them on, and watch their progress; but if they want my money, they need to have a product almost ready to release.

I'm encouraged by three things. First, the tools available to MMO developers are continuously getting better, and this means you could in principle bring a AAA-level of quality game to market faster and with less cost than before, Second, the infrastructure to run an MMO is more accessible and less expensive with cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions out there, so they have a better shot at positive net revuene streams after launch. And finally, some of these passion projects are looking at game systems that could potentially re-energize the genre, and turn it away from grind-fueled micro-transaction hellscapes.
AmberOfDzu
9:52:16 pm GMT 05/07/18
Just caught this Dev Journal from a week or so ago:
Design Journal: Communication
. Very interesting.
Alanonas
12:31:34 pm GMT 05/08/18
Alanonas Registered Member #24078 Joined: 3:40:59 am GMT 05/14/17
^ The idea of being able to become anonymous (I.e. removing persisent name plates to alleviate meta) sounds quite fun!
AmberOfDzu
2:30:10 pm GMT 05/08/18
The main problem I have with this game is it's very ambitious, and I have to wonder if they'll ever get most of it implemented. That being said, they've raised a lot of money and have early tangibles, and a good risk-reduction strategy in their "lego" testbed.

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 39
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: niv
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Shando Reyer
2. Vylhana Crowne
3. Corah Ei'lyn
4. I'nelde