Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  4 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  4 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  6 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  6 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  6 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  6 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Neverwinter Nights
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Necro Night?

first  4 5 6 7 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Alanonas
8:56:48 pm GMT 08/23/19
Alanonas Registered Member #24078 Joined: 3:40:59 am GMT 05/14/17
Update: New event time is 8 PM EST / 5 PM PST on Sunday, August 25th. Hope to see everyone there!
Cuchuwyn
11:28:56 pm GMT 10/04/19
Cuchuwyn Registered Member #24041 Joined: 4:19:01 am GMT 01/24/17
Across the centuries, spanning empires both current and long gone to dust, there seems to be a constant among the civilized races of the world. That constant is, simply put: The dead are remembered.

The rites of remembrance are as varied as the races that practice them. Many bury or burn their dead, holding ceremonies, some sad, some full of mirth and laughter, celebrating a life.

Some cultures consume their dead, believing them to hold the power to ensure the survival of the clan, or family.

Some cultures preserve their dead, where they are kept in places of honor, or entombed in vast complexes where, it is believed, their spirits will make use of the treasures within in the afterlife.

But to forget the dead, to lose track of them, this is rare.

And yet, this is what has happened in Vongottstein. Scholars can tell you of great armies that fought on the walls of the city, banners bright and platemail gleaming, but they are speaking of generalities. The descriptions they weave might fit a half-dozen cities, all of them proud and bright, and doomed. But if you ask further, if you ask for names, or ranks, or even numbers, these things are unknown. They are lost to time.

Well, not entirely. There is one who knows. For it is he who keeps them. It is he who has kept them for ages now.

But the dead of Vongottstein deserve more than simple oblivion. They deserve to be remembered, to be celebrated, and, if they so wish, to be free of the curse which binds them to the city.

And so, the necromancers will meet once again...

((This Necro Night will take place on Thursday, October 10, at 11AM PST/2PM EST/7PM GMT+1 ))

Alanonas
7:46:52 pm GMT 10/28/19
Not all haunts are of flesh and blood....

We will be hosting another Necro Night event this upcoming Saturday, November 2nd at 11 am EST/ 8 AM PST

Hope to see you there!

Stay spooky my friends.
Alanonas
9:19:19 pm GMT 12/16/19
Update:
Cuchuwyn and I are planning to pick up this series on a weekly basis starting with the New Year! We encourage anyone who has a character interested in anything related to the undead, death, dubious magic, spooky spelunking, and forgotten history to consider attending! Characters of any class and alignment are welcome to attend as well, we've had everything from holy priestesses to actual liches find a place in the narratives.

Much like Nature Nights, these are player-run events that explore a central theme. If you have a cool idea that fits the theme, you are encouraged to host! One thing we will be focusing on in this series is helping anyone who is interested to learn the ropes of how to set up and run player events!

We will post the first scheduled gathering on this thread as the time draws more closely, but we are tentatively planning on hosting the event on:

Tuesday evenings at 5PM PST/8PM EST with the first meeting on Jan. 7, 2020

Larger events will be scheduled on a case-by-case basis, typically on a weekend day.

Hope to see everyone around!

Stay spooky my friends.

Kat
12:36:03 pm GMT 12/23/19
Kat Registered Member #25300 Joined: 6:37:11 am GMT 06/04/19
This seems as appropriate a a place for this as any. I gave the collection of his works to hubby on our first anniversary. Prompted by Excellent Singing; Bawdy Story telling; and Bad Stolen Poetry in the Trade and Tackle today. Cuchuwyn/ Mors - a Christmas Gift. smile

The Poets Of The Tomb

By Henry Lawson

The world has had enough of bards who wish that they were dead,
Tis time, the people passed a law to knock 'em on the head,
For 'twould be lovely if their friends could grant the rest they crave,
Those bards Of "tears" and "vanished hopes," those poets of the grave.
They say that life's an awful thing and full of care and gloom,
They talk of peace and restfulness connected with the tomb.

They say that man is made of dirt, and die, of course, he must;
But, all the same, a man is made of pretty solid dust,
There is a thing that they forget, so let it here be writ,
That some are made of common mud, and some are made of grit;
Some try to help the world along while others fret and fume
And wish that they were slumbering is the silence of the tomb.

'Twixt mother's arms and coffin-gear a man has work to do!
And if he does his very best he mostly worries through,
And while there is a wrong to right, and while the world goes round,
An honest man alive is worth a million under ground,
And yet, as long as sheoaks sigh and wattle-blossoms bloom,
The world shall hear the drivel of the poets of the tomb.

And though the graveyard poets long to vanish from the scene,
I notice that they mostly wish their resting-place kept green.
Now, were I rotting underground, I do not think I'd care
If wombats rooted on the ground or if the cows camped there;
And should I have some feelings left when I have gone before,
I think a ton of solid stone would hurt my feelings more.

Such wormy songs of mouldy joys can give me no delight;
I'll take my chances with the world, I'd rather live and fight.
Tho' "fortune" laughs along my track, or wears her blackest frown,
I'll try to do the world some good before I tumble down.
Let's fight for things that ought to be and try to make 'em boom;
We cannot help mankind when we are ashes in the tomb.
Cuchuwyn
8:20:34 pm GMT 02/29/20
In response to a question by KHF, we're going to make the next necro night (March 4) a placeables workshop with myself and Alanonas leading how we set up our placeables. If you've ever wondered about that stuff, feel free to come! Start time will be the usual 5pm PST, but if you show up late, that's fine. Expect it to last about 2 hours. There will be a mild plot, but nothing that good-aligned chars wouldn't be ok with (we're going to be tending/beautifying the necropolis graves).
Cuchuwyn
10:36:59 pm GMT 09/24/20
Event Announcement: Lyrmont's Tomb of Horror

[ image disabled ]
Those of you that have been following the Necro Night story for some time now will know our recurring villain Lyrmont, a lich who has been preying on various groups across the island in a bid to gain power for his own ends. Well, we have finally been able to track down the fiend, and now we need your help- for his lair will be well-defended, not only with his undead servants, but with all manner of arcane traps and puzzles, which will require both bravery and guile to defeat.

So join us for a Necro Night event this Saturday, September 26, starting at 11 AM PST (That's 2 PM EST/6PM GMT), as we try to take down the foul lich once and for all.
Alanonas
2:46:10 am GMT 02/27/21
Event announcement:

The Lord and Lady's Lament

[ image disabled ]

"Come now, I'll tell you the story of the birth of the curse that now haunts these wretched lands. A story shall have to suffice, for it is not like we can relive such an atrocity...or can we?"

~ Morton Falone

Come join Necro Night to relive the story of the fateful and cursed day on which the Necropolis came to be! Ever wondered about the story and lore behind the land where the dead walk? Who was the Lord of the Tombs? What about the Lady? What were the people who served them like?

This event will hopefully give some insight into these questions! Join the curious necromancers and journey back to a vision of the same and see for yourself!

Who: This event is open to any character who would normally attend events like Necro Night. Others are also welcome to attend, especially since this event will be considerably more entertaining with more players!

What: A competitive team team event that explores some of the base lore of the Necropolis and the personalities within. This is all told from a player perspective and is in no way Thain canon, but should serve to capture the essence of that dark day, all while letting your character relive a part of it!

Format: This event will be a capture the flag and survival game! All characters who attend will enter a vison induced by ancient and totally safe necromantic rituals to bond their minds with one of the tortured spirits of the dead that haunt the Necropolis. It looks something like this:

- Once inside, one player will begin as a Husk and the others will become one of three types of former Necropolis Citizens based loosely off the character's base classes (Caster, Stealth, and Melee). You are also welcome to choose your "class" for this event!

- Once the event begins, no items or gear you have can be used. There will be gear provided in the form of armor, weapons, scrolls, potions, etc based off your class choice.

- Once everyone is geared, a timer will begin and the game will start!

- The object will be for the team of Citizens to survive as long as possible while holding three separate points on the map. These points will be marked by placeables (White sparks for Citizens, Red sparks for Husks). Each team can destroy the enemy team's peaceable and replace it with their own as long as their are no other opposing team members within the general area.

- At set time points, teams will earn points based of how many points the control.

- This is an Open PvP event:

- If a Citizen is killed by a Husk, they raise as a Husk themselves and turn against their former comrades and the fight goes on!

- If a Husk is slain, it is raised and has to return to its spawn point before returning to the battle.

- The game ends when all the Citizens die and become husks!

- Everyone who attends will receive prizes based off how long the Citizens hold the various points on the map, and the last player standing on the Civilian side will receive a special prize!

When: This event will take place on Saturday, March 6th 3 pm PST/6 pm EST and will begin within the Old Tomb in the Necropolis (Where Nerco Night typically meets.)

This event will take the place of the normally scheduled Necro Night that is hosted on Tuesdays weekly.

Please feel free to reach out to me on Discord or in game is you have any questions! Hope to see you all there.

Stay spooky!
Alanonas
4:50:58 am GMT 03/15/21
Housekeeping

[ image disabled ]

"Home is where you lay your head, even when you're dead."

~ Morton Falone

The old necromancer runs a withered hand over his face as the lamenting shade goes on....and on....and on.

"Your tomb was disturbed?" inquires the hooded man.

The shade's hollow voice rings out through the crypt, dripping with spite and hateful vitriol.

"Disturbed?! It was robbed! Ransacked! Trashed and thrashed. Broken and pilfered...defiled and desecrated! Disturbed?! You know not of the extent of m-"

The hooded man pinches the bridge of his nose a moment as the disgruntled dead rambles on. Graverobbers were always a lingering threat to the Necropolis, and more often than not they get what is coming to them in the end. This much is made apparent to the old necromancer as he walks into the disturbed sepulcher, his tattered cloak brushing over the bold thief's withered corpse.

He takes in the shattered urns and monuments whose riches were pried of their treasures. The damage was done, but the work to settle the shade's ire and restore the damages tomb had just started. The necromancer returns to his own tomb to gather his tools...and his compatriots.

As they say: many hands make for lighter work.

OOC

What: Come join Necro Night in helping restore the pilfered tomb to its former glory! This event will be formatted as a /placeables competition with a spooky flair!

How: This event will allow each character who wishes to "restore" a section of the defiled tomb. Each character will be given a space to work in and then 20 minutes to use placeables, vfx's, etc to "create" a new room in the tomb. This can be anything you can think of that could be found inside such a tomb. An armory? A fountain room? A treasury? The only limit here is your creativity!

You do not have to compete, and everyone who attends is encouraged to vote for their favorite setup! Every character who attends will be given one vote (a small prop) to cast for their favorite. Each set up will have a small OOC container where the vote items can be dropped. The setup with the most votes will receive a special prize!

Who: Any character is welcome to attend and participate in the competition. We'd ask you to refrain from PvP during this event.

When: This event will take place during the normal Necro Night meeting times (7pm PST/10 pm EST and remember Daylight savings time just happened in USA). The competition will start 15 min after Necro Night begins, so don't be late if you wish to participate!

As always, feel free to contact myself on Discord if you have any questions.

Stay spooky and hope to see you all there!
Alanonas
2:54:58 am GMT 05/08/21
Event Announcement

The Mummy's Plight

[ image disabled ]

Steinkreis, Blackmere District...

"Don't drop it you dolt!" The youth gives a huff as he braces under the weight of the large wooden crate that slides forth from the sandblasted carriage, scrambling to keep the cargo from crashing upon the cobbled streets of the city. A few hefty grunts later, the pair have the oblong crate lowered onto a dolly and push it into the back entrance of the Blackmere Museum.

The older man shakes the dust from his calloused hands and gives the box a sharp rap, looking to his younger laborer.

"So what ya think they have in there?" questions the youth, his own curiosity not as concealed as the older man's.

The elder man wriggles his peppered brow and shrugs, spitting a bit of chewed tobacco onto the marble floors of the museum before replying.

"They said it came from tha Wastes, far far to tha west. Said tha soldiers of Hamley found it out thar er sommting." the man's words are punctuated by another spit.

The inquisitive youth's eyes remained locked upon the box. "What could it be?" He finally asks.

The old man looks to the box now too, his eyes glinting with a hint of greed mingled with curiousity.

"Whatever it be...it was worth shippin' down 'ere. Reckon we'll know fer sure once they pull it out.."

☠︎

The ragged necromancer draws his hood back as he tears the parchment from the wall of the Flying Mug. He takes a long draw from the mug, his mind's rusty cogs turning as he looks over the poster...

The Steinkreis Times wrote...

ANCIENT MUMMY RECOVERED

The Steinkreis Historical Society is proud to announce that the mummified remains of a denizen of the far western Wastes has been recovered! Recovered and brought to our very city!

The Blackmere Museum would like to thank our generous Donor's Club for agreeing to sponsor a grand opening to facilitate the remains that have eluded Time itself!

While the remains will not be open for public viewing at the present time, we ensure you, the fair people of our shared city, will have a chance to view this Wonder of the Wastes!

The seemingly old man is seen crumbling the paper into a ball with his withered hands before doning his hood and departing into the night.

"They think the dead will suffer being displayed as a curio?" The man mutters to himself as he exits the city gates, casting a parting glance to the looming museum in the distance.

"We'll see about that."

He travels back to the familiar graveyard, pondering how their odd little cabal will be finding their way into such an exclusive event...

OOC

Necro Night will be hosting a special event this weekend to kick off a new player-run plot that will focus around the newest corpse to find its way into the city.

What: Join Necro Night in "attending" the opening night of the Donor Club's party and investigating the new found mummy! This will be the first in a series of ongoing larger event centered around this theme. In this event, Necro Night will be trying to attend, infiltrate, or otherwise gain entry into a high profile social event hosted by the Donor's Club. Plan as you see fit!

Who: This event is open to any character that would normally associate with the typical haunts of the weekly Necro Night Events.

When: This event is taking place on May 8th, starting 2 pm PST (5 pm EST/9 pm GMT) Meet at the Old Tomb in the Necropolis!

Please reach out to me on Discord or IG if you have any questions.

Stay Spooky my friends and we'll see you there!
first  4 5 6 7 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 31
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: PeterNar
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Ajiir Tosc
2. Corah Ei'lyn
3. Elizah
4. Jervyn Bombas