Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  3 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  3 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  6 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  6 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  6 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  6 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Red Memoirs

first  3 4 5 6
LAN_402 LAN_403
Payne
5:22:29 pm GMT 05/26/15
Payne EXCELSIOR!
Registered Member #613 Joined: 9:18:34 pm GMT 09/09/05

I should document the steps I've taken in the event that this shall ever be repeated by another, or, in the event of my failure, what not to repeat.

In my research I have learned that the words of incantation are best scribed upon parchment infused with necromantic energy, utilizing Ink or blood of the same. I took this a step further. Instead of parchment, I made a trip to a certain temple in the wastes. Upon finding an undead warrior of considerable strength, I stripped the mummified remains of its wrappings.

[ image disabled ]

[ image disabled ]

For the ink itself, this is where Vera was essential. While I knew the task, no, favor, I bid her was beyond dangerous, she was able to obtain what I needed.

[ image disabled ]

With the words of power now able to be transcribed, I was able to move to obtaining the required vessel and items of necromantic power to further empower what shall be my phylactery. First the outer casing, for this I made a trip to my, our, old enclave.

[ image disabled ]

For the inner casing, I depended on Sar'rel. He was needed for his sheer power, and mastery of the weave. But what he brought with him was exactly what I needed as well.

[ image disabled ]

And true to Sar'rel, he was always a master of going that extra step. So his "gift" was both needed, and will either enhance the 'ink' or be used as the inner power source. I think I never truly appreciate the depths of his dark soul. After receiving this, I will not take him for granted again.

[ image disabled ]

The Power Source, as I have called the items that will be placed within the inner casing. Were either items I have kept over the years for this exact purpose, or gifts from, friends... I won't go into speaking of this strange concept again, suffering to write it once was enough.

The first item, a holdover from my wife during our combined effort to destroy the city of Steinkries. A Gem that may have made the necromantic blast more powerful, but only marginally so. In that I decided to keep it, for this day. With luck and careful preparation, I hope I will not be infected with her apparent insanity. Perhaps she will find it fitting she played a part in this ritual. I just hope the essence of Bane contained within the Gem does not influence me in any way. I was going to have Etrich cleanse the Gem, or make another, but I still do not trust the man.......in the slightest.

[ image disabled ]

The second Gem, was from Dwent. He surprised me the day he offered it, and while I am sure he was planning on keeping it as some memento, he still ensured I took it as a gift. Perhaps we will speak more informally one day, that is of course depending on me not being reduced to some sniveling wretch of an undead. But Vera has also ensured if that was the case, she would dispatch me instead of making me some undead guard of my new home.

[ image disabled ]

For the immense power it contains, I decided to add a vial of blood to my Source. No real explanation is needed as to why, for this was the blood of an elder.

[ image disabled ]

The last two items will have to wait until my next entry. I find my hand numb, so I will rest to recover my strength and consider what was, the last expedition I may have ever led.

OOC Note: A special thank you to Edrick and Amracil for the items created and rp'd in this post, and Ogreman for the Tears. While I could have just written the items, to actually take the time to create and name the items so I can have them in inventory was special. Thank you again.
Payne
6:27:49 pm GMT 05/28/15
Payne EXCELSIOR!
Registered Member #613 Joined: 9:18:34 pm GMT 09/09/05

I believe this shall be my last entry, at least, the last if this ritual turns out to be a failure.

For what could very well be the last words ever penned by my hand, I should write something inspiring, words that will immortalize me in the history of my people. Instead I will just continue with the actions that lead to this final point.

Why so? The truth is rather simple. If I fail, the only ones who will likely read this journal now, are outcasts. Exiles who like me, are stuck in this underground lair. Freaks who, other than Vera, I am not even sure half of them have the ability to even read. That and the blasted Kobald slave who keeps causing explosions and destroying fine artifacts in his 'cleaning'. For all I know that damned lizard will come across this book and....I do not even want to further that thought.

Returning to my listed preparations, I left at my final 'lead adventure'. A trip full of self serving need, yet one that was my last acting command as Khazark. I should embellish this tale to make it sound much more grand, but I will not. Again the reasons listed above, that and my fingers are starting to rot before my only good eye. It is a good thing I already lost the inability to smell, for I think I would even disgust myself at this point.

My people and I, went north. Other than the wastes, to the largest concentration of Necromantic energy on this island. I brought them with two goals, to learn, and collect. And too, to give my people one last feeling of accomplishment under my command.

Our numbers have dwindled, and in truth it was not even a band of full blooded Thayans. We utilized mercenaries...how pathetic. They were useful, to a degree. The woman, the slave of the warrior, she I would have enjoyed turning to a undead thrall and walking her off a cliff. But I resisted, unfortunately.

[ image disabled ]

Our first objective was a lessor Lich. One that held power I was going to be content with, for the other may have been far too powerful for such a meager war party. The lessor Lich was the test, and the first to witness the Power of Thay.

[ image disabled ]

Its fall was glorious. The battle was lacking excitement, but before my eyes, my people worked as one. And Thay had claimed its first objective, my first of the two items I required.

[ image disabled ]

Seeing how easily they dispatched the demi-lich, I knew right then I would lead them to the other. Its power was the one I wanted, needed, the most. Perhaps it would see reason, share its secrets. That will come when we face it, but first, I had to ensure my people believed they fought for a historic moment. I did not reveal it was just an item I wanted, though if I succeed, my words were not a ...complete lie.

[ image disabled ]

Entering, I decided to try something I rarely bothered with. Diplomacy, for all I knew I would be killing all my people this day, so I'd give it a onetime attempt, for them. I am such a thoughtful leader.

[ image disabled ]

Diplomacy is stupid.

[ image disabled ]

The battle was a dance of power and brute force. Arcane and Divine magic flowed, swords flashed, one or more even fell. I didn't really pay attention to be truthful. I was too busy savoured the sight. Yes I did place some perfectly timed spells and likely turned the entire battle to our favor, but that would be gloating to explain in detail.

[ image disabled ]

In the end, I had what I needed.

[ image disabled ]

I may have stolen his crown as well, but we don't need to dwell over the small details.

[ image disabled ]

My needs fulfilled, I ended the journey with some well place comments and congratulations. It was always good to send your minions off with a proud air to them. And in truth, for what they did, it was deserved. And though none present knew the full reason, they may have been directly responsible for me actually pulling this off.

I decided to add a gift from Dominique to my Source, perhaps it will keep unwanted attention off my new home.

[ image disabled ]

With it, my Phylactery was complete. Enclosing it in the metal casing, I could only tell myself I had done all I could.

[ image disabled ]

I shall now enter, lock and ward the door to my crypt. The casing shall sit upon one of the alters, though I will not write which one. The object of trapped false alters was to not draw a damned map, after all. I credit Vera for this idea, perhaps she really does want me to survive, or un-survive. I wonder what words one really does use for a successful ritual like this.

[ image disabled ]

Once within, the final stage of the ritual will begin. This too I will not explain in any detail, for this part I am quite literally taking to my grave with me. To any who may read this, and finds any disappointment with this last crucial bit of information kept from them.

Too bad.

This life as I know it, is over now. So too, will end the memoirs of Thains greatest Thayan, Paydon Darkmare.

This is my book, so I get to write its ending however I want. Don't like it?

Too bad.

[ image disabled ]

first  3 4 5 6

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 30
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: PeterNar
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
(Empty)

Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org