Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  3 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  3 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  5 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  5 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  5 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  5 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Technical Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Discussion: Cleric Changes 2/11/20

1 2 3 4  last
LAN_402 LAN_403
Kyssyt
11:47:17 pm GMT 02/20/20
Kyssyt Registered Member #1273 Joined: 2:56:54 pm GMT 03/23/08
I sort of wish the auto-AoE effect on healing spells had been implemented for Healing Domain only by this change, instead of being just for "anyone who wears a particular item" (even if they're a dark cleric of void and death etc.) ... in part, I'll admit, so my cleric would be able to wear a different item in that slot.

Anyway, that's a change I'd be in favour of, mainly because I actually play a healing cleric.
2:31:23 am GMT 02/21/20
Avatar6666 Registered Member #23774 Joined: 10:02:38 pm GMT 01/31/14
I think that be limiting some of the base spells is taking away one of the plus that clelics had, I mean no one is ever going to play a cleric crafter cause the skill point suck, I would rather see the base spells stay the way it is, maybe give a bonus to a cleric with the destruction doman
Cuchuwyn
3:16:57 am GMT 02/21/20
Cuchuwyn Registered Member #24041 Joined: 4:19:01 am GMT 01/24/17

I mean no one is ever going to play a cleric crafter cause the skill point suck,

I don't have more to say on the rest of what was written here that I haven't already said elsewhere, but I will point out that the most famous crafter in Thain currently is a cleric.
3:24:25 am GMT 02/21/20
Avatar6666 Registered Member #23774 Joined: 10:02:38 pm GMT 01/31/14
A pure cleric?
Tuckerr99
3:33:41 am GMT 02/21/20
Tuckerr99 Registered Member #23932 Joined: 1:14:58 am GMT 05/12/15
Yes.
Just Miggen
6:14:52 am GMT 02/21/20
Just Miggen 💅
Registered Member #463 Joined: 1:37:12 am GMT 03/10/05
Thranduil Greenleaf wrote ...
Unlike Payne, I'm not willing to accept the changes to clerics. So, assuming the changes are permanent, I have three characters I will likely never play again.

While I wasn't involved heavily in these changes this stands out to me. I feel like these changes are meant to make us think about the strengths and weaknesses of a character-- if three characters all have the same super power move I see that as a fault in the game design. Thain's current meta is to be as strong as you can be and I'm not crazy about that. It's boring when everyone just uses the same spells because they're the obvious strong ones.

What appeals to me from this change is that clerics need to think about their spells more. If having implosion is something that appeals to your cleric then doesn't that fit into the destruction domain? Wouldn't that cleric adhere to the tenants of destruction to some level? Clerics in NWN have long been the class that can do everything and I like that this makes us characterize our clerics more, makes us think about character over power on Thain-- which is something that Thain hasn't done for a long time IMO.
Warlord Kro
9:31:31 am GMT 02/21/20
Warlord Kro Registered Member #1272 Joined: 10:59:54 am GMT 03/18/08
The only thing I'll add here is that I'm sorry to hear folk are not going to play their characters again. I'd encourage them to do so, because I'm firmly of the opinion that your characters are awesome because of the way you play them, the stories you tell with them, the engagement you have with them and others.

Mechanics to me are secondary to this aspect.

Hope to see you in game soon.

Shade
11:13:15 am GMT 02/21/20
Shade Registered Member #24916 Joined: 2:58:00 pm GMT 01/23/19
90% of the reactions are about implosion, right? Is the ability to cast it from a scroll affected in any way?
Kat
11:25:18 am GMT 02/21/20
Kat Registered Member #25300 Joined: 6:37:11 am GMT 06/04/19
Just Miggen wrote ...

Thranduil Greenleaf wrote ...
Unlike Payne, I'm not willing to accept the changes to clerics. So, assuming the changes are permanent, I have three characters I will likely never play again.

While I wasn't involved heavily in these changes this stands out to me. I feel like these changes are meant to make us think about the strengths and weaknesses of a character-- if three characters all have the same super power move I see that as a fault in the game design. Thain's current meta is to be as strong as you can be and I'm not crazy about that. It's boring when everyone just uses the same spells because they're the obvious strong ones.

What appeals to me from this change is that clerics need to think about their spells more. If having implosion is something that appeals to your cleric then doesn't that fit into the destruction domain? Wouldn't that cleric adhere to the tenants of destruction to some level? Clerics in NWN have long been the class that can do everything and I like that this makes us characterize our clerics more, makes us think about character over power on Thain-- which is something that Thain hasn't done for a long time IMO.

Well the discord forums most active channel seems to be the building one! I figured it was just a Thain thing. Lots of people enjoy seeing what builds can bring them, not my thing but meh each to their own, although insta level 20's make me cringe a little, but I also notice they are often very short lived characters. *looks at Tucker* which is a shame.

But we are moving off topic!

I agree with Kro above though, your characters are what matters not so much the build behind them! Really hope you find a way to keep on playing those characters.

Eijji
1:27:04 pm GMT 02/21/20
Eijji Registered Member #24784 Joined: 3:41:16 pm GMT 11/26/18
Is losing implosion really that bad? idk, the changes look fun but i only have one cleric and i rarely play him anymore.
 1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 41
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: DonaldDiero
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Weylan Edris
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org