Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Forgiver
    Forgiver  16 hours ago

Yeah - both of those are just byproducts of my old-man eyes not seeing well from the toolset and thinking there was a path down from those ledges that there turned out to not be. There's also a bug with a pitfall in one part of the dungeon Blue told me about that is a similar "Stuck" point. I got one fixed last night, but never heard of or saw the second one until now. I'll get it fixed when I get home tonight!

• Dogbert
    Dogbert  16 hours ago

Forgiver, my dude. Falling into the gap on the way TO the dungeon is AWFUL. One good change today, not requiring a jump or a portal to even enter the zone, A+. But now if you fall (even if roped, because it doesn't actually work), you get stuck in an area you can't leave without a jump or portal.

• C_McG
    C_McG  2 days ago

Fun!

After years of saying I wanted to get a telescope my wife made the "mistake" of buying me a 102 f/12.7 Orion Maksutov-Cassegrain. Love it for planetary and brighter deep-sky viewing so far.

Of course that just made the bug worse and want to get a larger scope for viewing fainter objects.

So I am curious what other use.

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 days ago

Working telescopes (atm): old Celestron C8 SCT I purchased back in 1979, new Celestron OmniXLT 150 6" f/5 Newtonian, cheapo Meade 90mm f/8.8 refractor sniped off of eBay for $30 (these three I use on a Celestron AVX mount). Also a homebuilt 10" Dobsonian put together in 2010 and a homebuilt 6" Newtonian I made in H.S. c. 1966. Main imaging camera (atm) is a Canon 60D DSLR. The new camera is the SVBony SV305 Pro - plan to use it as a guide camera and for moon/planetary imaging.

• C_McG
    C_McG  4 days ago

What telescopes do you have? And camera?

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  4 days ago

I'll likely miss Section Six tonight. Got a new camera for my telescopes and it looks like the sky will be clear. So, I'll be outside doing astrophotography stuff.

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  4 days ago

Oh! I will be IG as Tarok tonight instead of Sol!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  4 days ago

Section Six will take place at 7pm CDT (-5GMT) tonight, which is an hour later than last week.

We will meet in the Iron Minogon. Good(ish) type characters of level SEVEN or below ! Just assume your character got a mysterious letter inviting them there !

• Squidget
    Squidget  1 week ago

They receive the DC benefit from items, but not from spell foci, since alchemist gas clouds are not spells. They also don't receive the bonus from the wild magic robe specifically since gas clouds can't wild magic.

• Dogbert
    Dogbert  1 week ago

Are alchemists' clouds affected by spell focus/GSF or items/enchants that increase spell save DCs?

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Neverwinter Nights
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Your character's alignments and why

1 2 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Shade
10:54:02 pm GMT 03/23/21
Shade Registered Member #24916 Joined: 2:58:00 pm GMT 01/23/19
Yes! You guessed right. It is another one of these. What is your character's alignment, and why did you set it to this?

I'll start.

I set Alton's to Lawful Neutral, as he walks a line between good and evil these days. He is no longer evil, but he is certainly not good. He does his thing while respecting the law of Taureglond and makes sure to not do anything that would bring them negative attention. (He also makes sure he won't do anything his daughter, Lily, will kick his ass for.)

Ashe's is currently chaotic good, I think? This just comes from a lot of rogue behavior. She is one of those characters that go outside the alignment chart, as her values are not those of your average person, being what she is.

Darkania is absolutely CG. In her early days, when she was younger, I played her as having young liberal values. She could easily go against a guard who attacked kin, if the kin did nothing wrong. She now has a lot more life experience, a little battle torn, and worn out, but she still keeps her own values. That is, she is loyal to Greenvale. Everyone else can go.. You know. Dragons are sacred to her, so she still treats kin with respect, but if they touch Greenvale, she will not hesitate to make pin cushions of them. I picked CG because she is definitely still good, but holds her own morals higher than the law.

Efini just doesn't give a shit. About anything. He has a good life, and he follows no god. He is happy living by his swords, and embraces the little things.

Elarion is lawful evil. I don't think that surprises anyone who knows him. He was raised under the unquestionable law of Syann, and is now loyal to Queen Syfana. Everything he does, he does for his home, so they can one day proudly welcome their queen back.

I also set Lily to chaotic good as she always does what she feels is right. This might not always match with the law, as she for example, doesn't care about people doing drugs. If people wants to use them, she's not going to stop them. What she will stop, is killings done because of drug deals gone wrong. Sometimes she will break rules if she thinks they are stupid, like bringing guests into the Keeper hall under Dace's leadership. A lot of why the two fought really boiled down to an excellent discussion of chaotic good vs lawful good. She never does any serious rulebreaks, though, and if she does, she will try to make things right. Case in point, her returning from death. She returned later to make amends, and is now on a quest.

Meruppi is... I don't know... Neutral good? He is a happy little halfling commoner. I imagine him like the hobbits in LOTR. Happy with their daily lives, and just good little people.

Shade III is chaotic evil. Surprised? Well, you shouldn't be. He says crazy things like walking off to see how charming he can make an ogre look. He tried to start a cult, just so he could have them all commit mass suicide, just for the lolz (then he discovered being a book was more fun) and he hands out danerous weapons to children. Everything he does is for his own amusement. He is an absolute (evil) nut. (though there is a reason for it. Will you ever learn why?)

Tedya has struggled endlessly to keep her values and morals, and have remained Neutral Good trough hell and high water. She made it trough her dragonkin awakening with her morals intact. What makes her alignment interesting (at least to me) is she feels a bit more lawful now that she runs the camp. She is definitely good, and her insistence on strong values does make her tip a bit more in that way. Interesting turn of events for a red kin, even more so when she notices moral shortcomings in others. While others (Like the bloodguard) will undoubtedly see her cause as evil, she herself feels she has a moral obligation to keep kin out of the claws of Tiamat.
Alanonas
2:57:39 pm GMT 03/24/21
Alanonas Registered Member #24078 Joined: 3:40:59 am GMT 05/14/17
Alignment is always fun to think about, probably since it never seems to quite cover everything! Here's my thoughts if I had to confine a character to an axis based alignment:

Aldorian: Lawful Evil. He's a public figure in a city of devils. He respects pacts, laws, honor, codes, etc and see it as a very clear ladder to achieve what one wants, at any cost, if they are willing to climb. That being said, he has little pity for those who try to climb and get too high and fall to their doom.

Hal'ir: Chaotic Good. Wild and capricious and generally scarred from his experiences in the Poisonwar.

Val: Neutral Evil. It's not that he is evil, it's that his mind never even considers the things he does as evil. It's just art after all and all other life is below the perfection of himself anyway.

Rhan: Chaotic Evil: Freedom, destruction, and killing things in that order.

Morton: ???. If I had to guess, I'd say Chaotic Neutral. He doesn't really care about innocent life or helping people, but he does have a duty to help and assist the dead. That being said, he deals in dark magic and necromancy.
Forgiver
6:30:59 pm GMT 03/24/21
Forgiver Registered Member #25529 Joined: 3:52:11 pm GMT 10/09/20
Bevremir: Loosely Lawful Evil / Neutral Evil. Bevremir works with the Bloodguard because his primary goal is to make the island safer and more hospitable. Unlike a number of his BG brothers and sisters, he has no compunction for how this is done or what must be sacrificed to do it. If the cost of getting rid of Chromatic Kin is the death of Metallic Kin, he'll do it. If the cost of getting rid of Iron City is the death of the angels who oppose and counter-balance them, he'll do that too. TL;DR: [ image disabled ]

Gnu: Lawful Good / Lawful Neutral: Gnu's philosophies are centered around the principal that all are one, whether they perceive it or not; a greater Self separated by an illusionary series of selves trapped in a war for imagined dominance that they can no more win than one hand can ever truly trap the other. The great deception is accompanied by challenges that exacerbate that imagined difference, creating a world of monsters no more real than simple illusions. For this reason, Gnu has little qualm with fighting a monstrous person or persons. Freedom for every part of the Self requires compassion, understanding, and tolerance - even for Iron City's most stringent clerics, a tolerance that is not extended to its Devils. TL;DR -
[ image disabled ]

Aldr'skegga: Aldr is Lawful Evil / Neutral Evil, but the reasons are FOIG.
Eijji
7:52:45 pm GMT 03/24/21
Eijji Registered Member #24784 Joined: 3:41:16 pm GMT 11/26/18
Pippa is true neutral leaning towards neutral chaotic. It's not that she respects the law, it's that fear of jail makes her break it only when necessary or ordered to by her leader-person.

Arthir started out neutral chaotic since he would squire chromatics if needed, but his client possibilities have grown he leans towards LN or TN.

Alexa is Good Chaotic. She hates any semblance of order but doesn't want to necessarily kill anyone or raise hell unless she has to.

Dunavir is true neutral and serves the balance. Very much against "koyaanisqatsi" he will fight society if he finds it encroaching too much on nature, and if they aren't he'll try to show said society how to work in balance with nature. You might find him equally in a city, or the middle of the wood. "Wherever the wind blows".

Brixon is LN and a last one to retreat type of meatball dwarf who will die on his hill to protect his fellow dwarves.

Amzul is neutral chaotic despite serving a certain dark sorceress and wants to steal the knowledge of crafting Baelnorn to benefit himself and "certain people".

Ginger is true neutral. All he cares about these days is trimming hedges in Luminshire and giving the fey a beautiful place to live.
dontyouknow
4:37:48 am GMT 03/25/21
dontyouknow Registered Member #1120 Joined: 4:36:33 am GMT 07/27/07
Teron’s philosophy and course in life could be best described as NG. He’s one to serve and protect the sanctity of life and the dignity of the individual. In order to safeguard those two principles, he’s found himself walking a narrow line between the need for structure and the necessity of innovative thought.
Vaeltava
12:06:13 pm GMT 03/25/21
Vaeltava Registered Member #1761 Joined: 10:05:21 pm GMT 10/13/11
Garagnavagh is chaotic evil, based solely on the premise that he eats what he wants, when he wants, and damn the consequences. I imagine he would lean more toward neutral evil since ascending to chiefdom, but he is not and never has been one to follow a plan out to its intended conclusion.

Lucy is neutral good, without a doubt. Too interested in the individual to be lawful; too concerned with what other people are up to to be chaotic; and too invested in the well-being of the world around her to be anything but good.

Acanthus has long been a representative for Lawful Goodness, but more recently he's been slipping out of his corner of the alignment chart. Neutral good for now, since banishment and exile tend to impact one's worldview, and possibly hitting True Neutral and more if he's not careful.
Squidget
7:32:57 pm GMT 03/25/21
Squidget !
Registered Member #20 Joined: 8:30:40 am GMT 02/25/04
Kallista D'Mora, the lovable drow sorceress, is Neutral Evil. She was considerably more Chaotic and bloodthirsty when she came to the surface, but has mellowed and matured a little over time. She has come to appreciate more careful planning, leveled up her manipulation, and even come to appreciate the value of such concepts as loyalty in holding a house or an alliance together.

The shift from Chaotic towards Neutral comes from the influence of the people around her - while she is still not above betrayal, she does it more carefully than others of her kind, and makes an effort to form genuine bonds and keep to those structures that serve her goals of rising in power.

Nicolette Everguard, behind her songs and long fluttering lashes, is Chaotic Good. She devotes her life to helping and supporting others by giving them hope through her songs. She gives warmth and comfort to those around her as best she can.

She is also a trickster, with a life built around deception. She often makes use of lies, cleverness, and unexpected moves to achieve the goals of keeping herself and those around her alive. She doesn't revel in lies the way a demon might, she is well-versed in doing what she must to survive, seeing it all as a performance. She is fierce, determined, and willing to do "what it takes" to find a way to succeed against the odds, even if it means crossing legal or moral lines. All of this has become a necessity in a life where she often deals with creatures far more powerful than she is, and cannot rely on the rules or structures of society to protect her.
Rodgr Thunderguts
12:42:04 am GMT 03/26/21
Rodgr Thunderguts Registered Member #1050 Joined: 7:35:50 am GMT 05/11/07
Mithas Ess- Mithas : Chaotic Evil. Born from the Endless Labyrinth in the Abyssal plane, he thrives for the hunt, he is far smarter than the average monster and will talk to many (even if he absolutely has to an elf), but will change his mind on a whim. Since the murder of Grella by the treacherous Hellshire Orcs his cursed armour has led him to fits of bloodlust even he cannot control.

Vincent Coll: Chaotic Evil. A product of his tragic upbringing Vincent is clearly evil as he has little to no empathy for anyone, including himself since the loss of Molly, his sister. Those that he does he is fiercely loyal to, to the point of insanity in some instances. Though his word is unwavering he will work for you one day and kill you the next with no hard feelings, much like when Ty'lara wanted to kill him, then offered a truce. It's just business. The only contract he ever signed is the one he wants to get out of. Often figuring the best angle for something and seeing things others do not, he will sometimes act how others see as nonsensical though there is always a purpose to his actions.

Krug Magmabeard: Chaotic good. Krug loves ale, dwarves, bagpipe music and exploring in that order. Happy go lucky and lucky to be happy, he would rather be in the company of others than on his own. (the only good character I have ever played!).
Cuchuwyn
1:21:27 am GMT 03/26/21
Cuchuwyn Registered Member #24041 Joined: 4:19:01 am GMT 01/24/17
Melphaecto: Lawful Evil. As a devil, Melphaecto is a personification of the law twisted to its own ends. While she is bound to never break the bonds of a contract, as with all devils, the fine print and details are often full of loopholes to exploit.

Agni: Lawful Good. Haling form Hammersong, Agni still keeps to the tenets of his dwarven ties. Raised without a father, he considers the ties of society and the laws that uphold them to be worth defending and fighting for.

Bamaeus: Neutral Good. Bamaeus is primarily interested in his research, and is willing to bend the rules a bit in its pursuit, though he would never intentionally put someone in harm's way.

Mors: ??? Mors is probably somewhere around CN or NE- he has no qualms about harming others, especially those who are disrespecting or harming the dead he tries to help. He is a prankster, especially now that he is dead himself, and his pranks can be violent or lead others to harm. He doesn't much value the lives of most of the living, generally believing that the rights of the dead outweigh those of the living, but he has formed deep attachments to a few of the living and is perfectly willing to kill for them.

Soterya: ??? In her own mind, Soterya is Lawful Good, waging an often thankless war against creatures of nightmare. To the wider world, she is probably closer to LN, TN, or even NE, as she is a codified zealot who is not particularly interested in hearing "explanations" or "reason".
GearsOfMadness
1:27:26 am GMT 03/26/21
GearsOfMadness Clockwork Madness
Registered Member #1485 Joined: 8:44:37 pm GMT 10/23/09
Alma Neferie
She is somewhere between True Neutral and Neutral Evil, but I have her set to the later. This is because of her involvement with criminal conduct, where she is sometimes responsible for the deaths of innocent people and due to her biological connections to the undead (vampires through grafts and blood infusions.)

When she becomes bloodlusted (as a result of life-threatening situations usually), she is somewhere between Neutral Evil and Chaotic Evil. She becomes very erratic, says and does things she would otherwise never do or consider, and any and all allies and friends become meaningless to her. She will bold faced lie to anyone and have no remorse about killing and disposing of anyone.

She is conflicted about things which happen in her bloodlusted state, as she remembers things differently than how they actually happened. This is because she rationalizes as to why something happened a certain way, as a means of feeling in control of herself. "So and so did this thing and that's why I had to hurt them." as opposed to admitting she was at fault because she was out of control.

Kael Dias
Lawful Evil 100%. He's very methodical in his actions. I do not subscribe to the concept of 'lawful' means 'follow the laws', as I feel like 'lawful' and 'law' is a misnomer. With that laying my viewpoint, he follows a strict code of conduct. There are at times I have him step outside of that, because I want him to be human-like and make mistakes, trip, and stumble. Though overall, he will follow his dogmatic viewpoints on the world to the best of his ability. Often times, this puts him at odds with the culture he lives in and has on many occasions put him at a disadvantage or has garnished losses because of it.

As far as why evil, he is a megalomaniac and has a conqueror mentality. He wishes to be deific and so, in his attempt to rise to the top, has no issue with stepping on those he views as 'weak'. He once raided Hamley with an army of PCs against another army of PCs. Then he donated 200k in secret to Hamley to aid in their rebuilding effort. This was nothing short of personal satisfaction, as he wanted them to regrow stronger, so he could crush a more powerful opponent and increase his own renown.

Sephir Vezir
Sephir would be Chaotic Chaotic, though as that is impossible, he is set to Chaotic Evil. Originally he was Lawful Neutral, but through 15 years of roleplay, cursed objects, and delving into understanding Far Realm based magic and entities, his overall demeanor radically shifted over the long-term. Though he has never lost that sense of wanting to be a hero.

He has fallen several times and done bad things, but there is remorse. I had considered bringing him up to Chaotic Neutral as a result of the last few years of RP, but I feel like 'dark' (as opposed to 'evil') fits him so well. The type of person who gives into their darker instincts, emotions, and desires to accomplish a noble goal. He's often said that he fights for a world of peace, even though he himself would not fit into the world he wants to build.
1 2 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Wraitheus, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 42
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: zakor
  • Most ever online: 208
    Guests: 206, Members: 2 on Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 20:11:48
Now Playing
1. Sae-l�r
2. Lucuphus Iulussus Illandrious
3. Beliah
4. Malaka Sako