Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• EntropicChaos
    EntropicChaos  1 day ago

Or a banana. I can't decide which.

• EntropicChaos
    EntropicChaos  2 days ago

*puts out caltrops in front of Amracil's walker*

• Shade
    Shade  3 days ago

Keenie!! *hugs tight*

• Wicked_Keen
    Wicked_Keen  3 days ago

*Peek*

• Shade
    Shade  5 days ago

Right here. Come spend some time with us!

• Amracil
    Amracil  5 days ago

*rolls in slowly, turbo-walker in in first gear* Huh. *burps, farts, scratches* Where's e'rybody at? *rolls out*

• Evendithus
    Evendithus  3 weeks ago

Reaver I don't know if you can see this, but I apologize. I meant to answer your question about shops and I got distracted.

• Squidget
    Squidget  3 weeks ago

-Clickedy-

• vio
    vio  3 weeks ago

By Chance do you possibly have the Discord Address?

• vio
    vio  3 weeks ago

Hey there's someone i haven't seen in ages. smile Still working right now, but will be around later in the day here [PST]. Draxus and i were chatting about Thain and decided to see if it was still going!

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Major General
Next topic »   

Auld Lang Sine

LAN_402 LAN_403
vio
8:08:57 pm GMT 08/29/22
vio Registered Member #6 Joined: 8:24:57 pm GMT 02/16/04
Greetings All,

It's been a very long time indeed, and no doubt Thain has seen many an addition or overhaul since 2004. I find it really quite amazing that what began as casual project full of excitement is still up and running after nearly 20 years. The last time i peeked in the door was 2014 to see if things were still going and its a wonderful thing to see that they are still in whatever form in 2022.

Thanks to all who have contributed their time and resources to keep the servers running and Thains changing stories evolving!

Random fun fact, the Poisonwood was inspired by the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver [shameless name theft i know] About a missionary family trying to survive in Africa and the difficulty of planting their crops in ground that was too acidic to yield crops. It seemed fitting to run with the idea the ground was sour & have a race of mal aligned elves who's very forest and soil would be too toxic to any who dared wander there.

Don't know if it's still in the current version of Thain running but when it was built the gas effects crashed the poor Thain linux server non stop.

Hope that this finds each and all of you most well, and so very glad our stories and work from all who contributed over the years was, and may continue to be enjoyed.

vio
Jandari
9:00:27 pm GMT 08/29/22
Jandari Registered Member #1320 Joined: 10:38:49 pm GMT 06/23/08
Thain is still up and running. And you would be more than welcomed if you wanted to come take a look. Sure hope life has been kind to you. Take care!
Falkala
12:18:35 am GMT 08/31/22
Falkala Forum Admin
Registered Member #623 Joined: 6:43:48 am GMT 10/01/05
I had to find my login info for my account just to post to say hi! I hope you and Draxus are doing well.
Squidget
1:15:39 am GMT 08/31/22
Squidget !
Registered Member #20 Joined: 8:30:40 am GMT 02/25/04
So good to see you Vio! Thanks for giving us Poisonwood!

(It is still around and has some very dedicatedfans! Though a bunch of it was burned as a last resort after their war with Yu'syu.)

Drop by the Discord or the server anytime and say hi!
Just Miggen
2:13:42 pm GMT 09/07/22
Just Miggen 💅
Registered Member #463 Joined: 1:37:12 am GMT 03/10/05
Fun fact: I found Thain my freshman year of highschool where I read The Bean Trees, which inspired me to quickly read The Poisonwood Bible in my free time. I thought it was a funny coincidence, did not realize it was intentional!

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, jewwe, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 43
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: IgotThain
  • Most ever online: 208
    Guests: 206, Members: 2 on Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 20:11:48
Now Playing
1. Seth Galanderos
2. Hugdish Banicknet
3. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
4. Elvalith Nain