Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  19 hours ago

Necro Night tomorrow (1/26) will start at 8 PM PST (so 3 hours later than usual).

• FlowerGolem
    FlowerGolem  2 days ago

Nature's Night starts in less than a hour now. Meet us at the Grove, in Grauer Süden. Send a tell to Lola Brown if you have difficulty to find the place.

• FlowerGolem
    FlowerGolem  2 days ago

I will prepare something for Nature's Night today (in 3 hour and a half from now). Kat will continue her plot next Sunday. smile

• Squidget
    Squidget  2 days ago

Hey Lily! I've restarted the server, which might help. If you DM me on Discord too I can set up a manual download for you!

• Kat
    Kat  2 days ago

I am an idiot. I was going to run Natures Night Sun afternoon but i realise i can't. It's my son's birthday and family tradition is birthday breakfast in bed which totally clashes with the start of natures night. I have let Flower Golem know and fingers crossed she might have something for you. I will do next week!

• dontyouknow
    dontyouknow  2 days ago

And welcome!

• warspingle
    warspingle  2 days ago

Bummer! Come join the discord, people here might have the answer you're looking for:

-Clickedy-

• LilyDew
    LilyDew  2 days ago

Hi, I'm trying to join this server but I've been trying to download the bits and pieces for a few hours but it keeps disconnecting me, other servers haven't done this. Is there something I need to manually download? Thanks. :3

• archgrendel
    archgrendel  5 days ago

No dwarf night tonight! Still getting a handle on my scheduling.

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  1 week ago

No Necro Night tonight! We may end up needing to adjust the start time back a few hours to reflect our new jobs/time zones in future weeks, so stay tuned!

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Major General
Next topic »   

A Late Introduction, but an On Time and Ramble-y Thank You!

LAN_402 LAN_403
Cheru
3:51:32 pm GMT 01/04/21
Cheru Registered Member #25553 Joined: 4:56:03 pm GMT 12/24/20
TL:DR: I'm sappy, but I'm having a great time here so far and thank you to all the players and GM that have helped make me comfortable in the served and made it fun!

Hi! I'm Cheru and I've met quite a few of you already in game as either the youngest spell slinging Lamoril, Adelaide, or the spritely curious and rather friendly entertainer, Shiloh! I'm very sappy and reflective so buckle up for sanity!

Within the month and some change I've gotten to log in quite a few hours (183, also I'm sure at this point, you guys may wonder if I ever go to sleep) and I really just wanted to commend the moderators and all the players in general for making this so fun!

My friend, Muninson/Finley/ Lamoril #4 has sung this game's praises for the longest time and, in fact, ran ttrpg session with my friend group in Thain's setting. I think experiencing the land like this has made me appreciate the settings he was trying to convey so much more and I often get excited about the connections I've made on the quests we've done in person and the ones on the island. I first want to thank you for being so patient for us to mosey our way over to Thain. I also want to thank his dad, who's inspired his love for Thain as well!

I was a little wary at first because as someone who started in forum roleplays in 2009, then went to Tumblr rp, then chatstyle, and lastly ttrpg, my transitions to each were a little rocky. This is partly because of my lack of confidence and just slow to take on things. I wasn't sure how to make myself comfortable with the game itself and other players because I really respect roleplay in general. It's been something that has really made some of my best and fondest memories and I always want to respect the experience I give others. I made sure to just put in the time (which is hard cause I live in Korea, but I've been out of work for a month so...yeah!) and just let things happen and really, the community makes me feel so welcomed.

My first GM event was getting jumped by Kallista ( Go big or go home!) and I found that so fun and cool! "....Is that normal in this game? Is this a graphics glitch? This is ominous af. Why is there darkness cornering us..." Adelaide is a character who's story was never finished, and to see her fit in so well in a world was relieving. For both her and Shiloh, I had no idea what I was doing or how to play them in this land or even what stories to create. I still am clueless, but I'm enjoying just riding the wave of simply seeing what happens next. The Held Up by Upholdstry Shenanigan with Alanonas mad me laugh so much. Archgrendel's random attacks took me by surprise, but provided me with excitement to my late night gaming with Sno, my comfort buddy. The Vartin chronicle was so interesting and the first time I've randomly joined such a large group event. Miggen, if you had asked if I could see Adelaide biting that bullet for Madi, I probably woulda said yes but never imagining it happen. I've been missing my love for making stories with other people, and this is a joy I didn't know was waiting.

Aside from the GMs ( Who are also super nice and helpful- Sorry for accidently punching NPCs and getting hostiled all the time!) so many of the players have been so welcoming and just graceful and generous. Killhappyfool never misses a beat to say hi. Ty'Lara is such a friend to my characters and makes even the most simple of roleplays like trying on new clothes or discussing pet rocks enjoyable. Special thank you to Blue today for supporting me through a really intense scene that I really wanted to git it my all to! While experienced, Im still not always confident in my ttrp, and much less so on Thain, but their guidance really was the gentle push. Also another thank you to Miggen for supporting me in that too! I've met so many cool characters, too, and these days I find myself so curious on how they fit in this world and just wanting to know more about everything in general. I've been spending a lot of time on the forums just reading everything and trying to get to know players and their characters. I hope to be able to better embellish my characters here, too.

I just really wanted a space to tell everyone how much fun they've made this for me and my hope to battle my shyness and confidence. If I could name every player and character I've come across that I've just wanted to know more about and twiddled my thumbs, I'd name so many fricken people. Once I go back to work, my time here will be limited to times where little to no one is online. So I wanted to take now to just pen my feelings so far!

Thank you Thain Community for a fun and welcoming place! [gives all the finger hearts and confetti!]
ChaoticDrow
4:54:43 pm GMT 01/04/21
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Registered Member #17124 Joined: 8:46:41 pm GMT 05/13/13
Welcome to the server! Glad to hear you've enjoyed your time here so far. I've seen a fair amount of newer names on the play list and hopefully 2021 affords me the time to get to know and RP with you all. Looking forward to meeting you in game.
scratch_flannigan
5:22:56 pm GMT 01/04/21
scratch_flannigan Squawk!
Registered Member #648 Joined: 1:50:32 am GMT 11/20/05
Welcome to Thain!

I hope you continue to have a lot of fun here !
Eijji
5:06:10 pm GMT 01/12/21
Eijji Registered Member #24784 Joined: 3:41:16 pm GMT 11/26/18
Welcome Cheru, I hope to interact with you in the future and I hope you enjoy your playtime here on Thain. =)

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 29
  • Members: 2
  • Newest Member: LilyDew
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Aldr'skegga
2. Caster Mennen
3. Randrik Patton
4. Pippa Pappadapoulous