Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Forgiver
    Forgiver  14 hours ago

Yeah - both of those are just byproducts of my old-man eyes not seeing well from the toolset and thinking there was a path down from those ledges that there turned out to not be. There's also a bug with a pitfall in one part of the dungeon Blue told me about that is a similar "Stuck" point. I got one fixed last night, but never heard of or saw the second one until now. I'll get it fixed when I get home tonight!

• Dogbert
    Dogbert  15 hours ago

Forgiver, my dude. Falling into the gap on the way TO the dungeon is AWFUL. One good change today, not requiring a jump or a portal to even enter the zone, A+. But now if you fall (even if roped, because it doesn't actually work), you get stuck in an area you can't leave without a jump or portal.

• C_McG
    C_McG  2 days ago

Fun!

After years of saying I wanted to get a telescope my wife made the "mistake" of buying me a 102 f/12.7 Orion Maksutov-Cassegrain. Love it for planetary and brighter deep-sky viewing so far.

Of course that just made the bug worse and want to get a larger scope for viewing fainter objects.

So I am curious what other use.

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 days ago

Working telescopes (atm): old Celestron C8 SCT I purchased back in 1979, new Celestron OmniXLT 150 6" f/5 Newtonian, cheapo Meade 90mm f/8.8 refractor sniped off of eBay for $30 (these three I use on a Celestron AVX mount). Also a homebuilt 10" Dobsonian put together in 2010 and a homebuilt 6" Newtonian I made in H.S. c. 1966. Main imaging camera (atm) is a Canon 60D DSLR. The new camera is the SVBony SV305 Pro - plan to use it as a guide camera and for moon/planetary imaging.

• C_McG
    C_McG  4 days ago

What telescopes do you have? And camera?

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  4 days ago

I'll likely miss Section Six tonight. Got a new camera for my telescopes and it looks like the sky will be clear. So, I'll be outside doing astrophotography stuff.

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  4 days ago

Oh! I will be IG as Tarok tonight instead of Sol!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  4 days ago

Section Six will take place at 7pm CDT (-5GMT) tonight, which is an hour later than last week.

We will meet in the Iron Minogon. Good(ish) type characters of level SEVEN or below ! Just assume your character got a mysterious letter inviting them there !

• Squidget
    Squidget  1 week ago

They receive the DC benefit from items, but not from spell foci, since alchemist gas clouds are not spells. They also don't receive the bonus from the wild magic robe specifically since gas clouds can't wild magic.

• Dogbert
    Dogbert  1 week ago

Are alchemists' clouds affected by spell focus/GSF or items/enchants that increase spell save DCs?

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Major General
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

The Official Going Away Thread - XVI

LAN_402 LAN_403
tmag
9:14:01 pm GMT 09/29/20
tmag Registered Member #25474 Joined: 11:58:03 pm GMT 04/30/20
Thainites, while I'm not a long time face I've been pretty consistently playing for about six months now so I thought I'd post here. I recently left my job to start my own business and need to dedicate some more time to getting that up and running. No idea how long that will take or if I'll have time for Thain once I get it up and running so I'll be MIA indefinitely.
Squidget
9:14:45 pm GMT 09/29/20
Squidget !
Registered Member #20 Joined: 8:30:40 am GMT 02/25/04
We'll miss you, tmag! I would have loved to see more of Thom and Siggy. I hope the business goes well and that we see you back in game too.
Ritz
3:50:45 am GMT 10/04/20
Ritz ALL THE MANAS
Registered Member #1022 Joined: 6:08:50 am GMT 04/10/07
So, it's been a hot minute that I've been back, but now it seems I need to go away again.

I've been studying for the CPA exams, and that can, and has, taken up most of my time. The modules are somewhere between 3-5 hours each, and I have to do at least 1 and a half each day, until November 6, which is when the actual test happens.

...If I pass, I have three more tests just like it. So, I may be sporadic, or not available, for most of the time. Apologies to those I started plots/stories with. It's a bummer, but it has to get done.

-Ritz
Evendithus
12:48:48 am GMT 10/13/20
Evendithus Registered Member #1593 Joined: 12:25:12 pm GMT 06/30/10
Going to be gone for maybe a week. Taking care of some family issues. Lata.
Vaedryan
7:16:33 pm GMT 10/17/20
Vaedryan Registered Member #345 Joined: 2:28:49 am GMT 11/25/04
I’ve had to make an unexpected trip out west for family stuff. I’ll be back around early next week.
Thimns
7:56:21 am GMT 10/21/20
Thimns Registered Member #24148 Joined: 5:42:35 am GMT 11/06/17
Work is busy as ever and I've got 2 new band-like projectish thingies going. I've had several days in a row that I don't even open my laptop at all. Seriously. Dude. So unless I decide to neglect all other social life, including close family members, my Thain moments will continue being scarce and short. I'll try to keep posting silly, unhelpful comments in Discord though.
Vaedryan
6:01:15 pm GMT 11/13/20
Vaedryan Registered Member #345 Joined: 2:28:49 am GMT 11/25/04
I haven't been around this past week due to some family health stuff. I'll be back around soon, though (in case anyone was wondering!). Keep the light on!
LB7
12:57:18 pm GMT 11/24/20
LB7 Registered Member #2559 Joined: 11:25:11 am GMT 10/20/12
One of the plug-ins for my PC is shorting out, preventing it from even starting up at all. I have it in the shop to be fixed now but I will very likely be gone until the middle of next, as I also have to deal with a move this coming Saturday. I will see you guys and gals when I get my pc back in the new place.
BlackNRose
11:27:20 pm GMT 12/07/20
BlackNRose Registered Member #1189 Joined: 1:04:10 am GMT 10/20/07
Hey folks; just a small update on my end for those I have stories/plots open with. I’m going through some things IRL/and my husband was hurt pretty bad and can’t work for awhile, so we’re having to balance all that with the kiddos and holidays. I haven’t left, but have had to take a step back for the foreseeable future until things sort out. Always welcome to message me on Discord for anything, too! I miss you guys.
Glognar
6:08:40 pm GMT 12/16/20
Glognar Registered Member #267 Joined: 5:31:12 am GMT 09/21/04
Hey everyone!

I miss you all a lot. And I am hoping to get back to Thain as soon as possible. But a bit of an update on why I am not able to return yet.

Some of you know I found the love of my about one and a half year ago, which is where time began to be short for gaming, and this past summer we bought a house together and made the move early this fall, which again made time for gaming sparse. But all great things I'd give up gaming time for.

However, the lord gives and the lord takes. Which I believe an old saying goes.

I've been having issues with my back on and off for the better part of adult life and it's only gone to the worse this year. Up to the point where I can sit for about 30 minutes before needing to lay down or get up and walk around a bit.

After years of nagging the healthcare for a proper medical examination they finally agreed to make an X-ray, to my surprise, as the doc was a bit nonchalant about my issues, they did both an ordinary x-ray and an MRI. What they found was both good and bad. I now got a paper stating what I've been suspecting but having spinal disc herniation between L4 - L5 vertebrae and L5 - S1 vertebrae isn't something to brag about, really. As I don't "have a limp" as the doc expressed it from nerve pain they will not treat it in any way other then telling me to get painkillers if I must. And since I'll have to get them on my own they aren't the fun kind either.

To get around all this to not have to sit down, we're looking for a electrically height-adjustable desk for the home office and me, but they are quite pricey and not many used ones are up for sale. So until we've found one, don't burn the place down, and I'll be on the discord lurking and posting gifs. smile

Love ya' all.

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Wraitheus, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 39
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: zakor
  • Most ever online: 208
    Guests: 206, Members: 2 on Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 20:11:48
Now Playing
1. Percival Grinswold
2. Beliah
3. Malaka Sako
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org