Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

Section Six starts in 1.75 hours. That will be 7pm CST (GMT - 6).

Good(ish) characters of LEVEL 10 or below.

We will meet at the Iron Minogon in Webster's Landing. Just assume that your character received a mysterious invitation.

I will be IG as Taran if you have any questions!

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  1 week ago

Happy Turkey Day (i.e.Thanksgiving Day) to all our US players. And Happy Thursday to all others!

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 weeks ago

Uh, what happened to my message? Two paragraphs now random impulses across the interwebs ...

Take care, Scratch.

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 weeks ago

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 weeks ago

RL calls me away from Section Six tonight, folks! sad

Should any of you want to go ahead and run it, please feel free to do so! smile

• Crayzee4dnd
    Crayzee4dnd  3 weeks ago

Sam and Hugdish's wedding will begin in about 4 hours from this post. Yay!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 weeks ago

Section Six starts in 2 hours. That will be 7pm CDT (GMT - 5).

Good(ish) characters of LEVEL 9 or below.

This week will be a bit different, with time being "frozen" at the end of the last event.

There will be a portal in the Iron Minogon that will take your character to the very start of the Temple level in the Yuan Ti caves.

If you did not join last week, that is perfectly ok. Just assume that you caught up with us like we do whenever someone shows up late.

If your character has never been on a section six mission, you can assume that you stumbled on us while exploring !

It is a little unorthodox, but we will make it all work! biglaugh

I will be IG as Taran if you have any questions!

• Squidget
    Squidget  3 weeks ago

Edrick and Vae in the same day? heart suprised

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 weeks ago

Hello Edrick and Vae!

• Oberon
    Oberon  3 weeks ago

Seeing you here makes my heart smile! heart

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

The Umberlant

LAN_402 LAN_403
Varmar
2:49:40 am GMT 10/15/21
Varmar Registered Member #25343 Joined: 8:54:42 pm GMT 08/30/19
[ image disabled ]

Behold the unending whorl. Behold the majesty of the hundred seas.
Varmar
6:28:18 pm GMT 10/15/21
Waterlogged Journal Scraps II

..another contender arrived. Stronger than the siren I killed last week. A fallen triton, by the looks of it. This one will prove more difficult. I can feel it. Might need Sev'hass'ajin's assistance, this time, but krakens cannot be fully trusted. Especially him.
..agreed to help. Requested something in exchange. An artifact. It is called..
..eastern shores of an island called Thain. Some coastal fortress controlled by dragon-blooded beings. At first, I thought it far-fetched, but the entire island is full of similar anomalies. I heard there is even a city of "iron" somewhere in the north, one ruled by devils, as well as a "poisoned" forest in the southern reaches. This island is confusing, drowning in constant turmoil..
..found the Infinite Pearl. Not too far from the surface, trapped amidst fresh ruins that stew in shallow waters..
I do not know how Sev'hass'ajin learnt of its location. From what I saw, it was kept inside a tower devoted to the worship of Tiamat. A place of power from where some self-styled Regent, a sorceress, led the dragon-blooded till she was deposed not too long ago..
..must have sensed it when it fell into the sea. Not certain what it does, but it is likely of kraken make. The land-dwellers have no idea it even existed. Had no trouble seizing it..
..that is left now is to return to the Violet Current, but I cannot use the underwater passage I employed to arrive. Will keep searching..
..located another corridor in colder waters, but the tides are erratic. Must keep studying them..
Beset by another delay. A band of unaligned fey has been harrassing the north. Their magic prevents me from leaving this rotten island. Will have to drive them back if I am to make my way to the shrine and defend my position, lest the triton wrests it from me..
Varmar
7:17:59 pm GMT 10/17/21
Waterlogged Journal Scraps IV

..met a follower of the moon guide. Looked young and naive. Reminded me of myself, back home. Before the tempest. Before the Violet Current.
..no hostilities ensued. Neither the time nor place for them, but my hands will be tied if we meet again under different circumstances. Such is the way of things. No tears will be shed..
..communicated with the kraken. The Pearl is secure. Have bought a little more time, but I am hoping that it will not be..
I am certain now that my only way back into the dark depths is through the northern corridor, but weather has not improved. An unnatural blizzard blocks movement on land and under sea. Must be the strange fey.
..have gathered supplies for the inevitable. I may be able to convince the locals to beg Auril for help. If these fey have truly strayed from her, she may smile upon any initiative meant to punish them..
..she and my Mistress are known to join efforts from time to time, so She might lend me Her aid for such an endeavour. I am certain violence is the only..
..I cannot wait to find myself in my shrine again. I doubt Her Majesty would be interested in sinking this island, but it is worth noting that a few settlements could use a priest or two..
Varmar
7:45:48 pm GMT 10/30/21
Waterlogged Journal Scraps VII

..assisted a band of local brutes and assorted mercenaries in pushing the unaligned fey back. Proved unnecessary, the storm moved when they stole what I assume to be a relic that would make those that follow Auril pale with envy..
..confident that the corridor will open soon. Have a few days before the path can be accessed. Might follow the tempest to learn more about the artifact. They appear linked, somehow. There is also..
..beneath a ruined fort to the west. Discovered a few pages detailing a secret guarded behind seven keys..
The Regent dared compare her discoveries with the majesty of the seas. I must see for myself..
..there is not much time. Should make my detour as fruitful as possible before I am forced to return..
..my movements have largely passed unnoticed, but I detected a disturbance by the fallen tower where I found the Pearl. There could be others trying to unearth the sorceress' secrets..
..might have learnt of my presence - and my deeds. Must remain vigilant, lest I fail Sev'hass'ajin and disappoint my Mistress.

(OOC: Mi'se'arap will be attempting to delve into the mysteries of the ever-sinking ruins and the laboratories under them in coming days! Don't hesitate to reach out to her/myself if interested)

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, jewwe, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 26
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: EmeliaWaller
  • Most ever online: 208
    Guests: 206, Members: 2 on Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 20:11:48
Now Playing
1. Malarahc
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org