Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Forgiver
    Forgiver  15 hours ago

Yeah - both of those are just byproducts of my old-man eyes not seeing well from the toolset and thinking there was a path down from those ledges that there turned out to not be. There's also a bug with a pitfall in one part of the dungeon Blue told me about that is a similar "Stuck" point. I got one fixed last night, but never heard of or saw the second one until now. I'll get it fixed when I get home tonight!

• Dogbert
    Dogbert  15 hours ago

Forgiver, my dude. Falling into the gap on the way TO the dungeon is AWFUL. One good change today, not requiring a jump or a portal to even enter the zone, A+. But now if you fall (even if roped, because it doesn't actually work), you get stuck in an area you can't leave without a jump or portal.

• C_McG
    C_McG  2 days ago

Fun!

After years of saying I wanted to get a telescope my wife made the "mistake" of buying me a 102 f/12.7 Orion Maksutov-Cassegrain. Love it for planetary and brighter deep-sky viewing so far.

Of course that just made the bug worse and want to get a larger scope for viewing fainter objects.

So I am curious what other use.

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 days ago

Working telescopes (atm): old Celestron C8 SCT I purchased back in 1979, new Celestron OmniXLT 150 6" f/5 Newtonian, cheapo Meade 90mm f/8.8 refractor sniped off of eBay for $30 (these three I use on a Celestron AVX mount). Also a homebuilt 10" Dobsonian put together in 2010 and a homebuilt 6" Newtonian I made in H.S. c. 1966. Main imaging camera (atm) is a Canon 60D DSLR. The new camera is the SVBony SV305 Pro - plan to use it as a guide camera and for moon/planetary imaging.

• C_McG
    C_McG  4 days ago

What telescopes do you have? And camera?

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  4 days ago

I'll likely miss Section Six tonight. Got a new camera for my telescopes and it looks like the sky will be clear. So, I'll be outside doing astrophotography stuff.

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  4 days ago

Oh! I will be IG as Tarok tonight instead of Sol!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  4 days ago

Section Six will take place at 7pm CDT (-5GMT) tonight, which is an hour later than last week.

We will meet in the Iron Minogon. Good(ish) type characters of level SEVEN or below ! Just assume your character got a mysterious letter inviting them there !

• Squidget
    Squidget  1 week ago

They receive the DC benefit from items, but not from spell foci, since alchemist gas clouds are not spells. They also don't receive the bonus from the wild magic robe specifically since gas clouds can't wild magic.

• Dogbert
    Dogbert  1 week ago

Are alchemists' clouds affected by spell focus/GSF or items/enchants that increase spell save DCs?

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
Next topic »   

Curious Rumors VI: The Undiscovered Rumours

1 2 3 4  last
LAN_402 LAN_403
Warlord Kro
5:07:28 am GMT 03/09/20
Warlord Kro Registered Member #1272 Joined: 10:59:54 am GMT 03/18/08
Continued from here.
Corlupi
11:38:36 am GMT 03/11/20
Corlupi Awooo
Registered Member #2942 Joined: 4:48:33 pm GMT 11/27/12
A Githyanki, stripped naked save for a loincloth spun from spider's web, was seen hanging from a tree in Dragon's Watch. His legendary silver sword was seen hanging from an adjacent tree.
Oberon
10:05:43 pm GMT 03/13/20
Oberon Registered Member #24214 Joined: 1:14:24 pm GMT 04/01/18
Three convicts are rumored to have been escaped from the Blackrock Jail via a tunnel that is said to have been carved over the years with a spoon!
Alanonas
1:30:14 pm GMT 03/14/20
Alanonas Registered Member #24078 Joined: 3:40:59 am GMT 05/14/17
Several Trade Guards and adventurers were killed and heavily wounded by what appeared to be a massive falcon or eagle. Some around the area were even claiming it was a Roc, the likes of which haven't been seen about the Island in decades. The bird was seen flying towards the Grey Mountains following the attack.

More rumors spread of ambitious hunters donning their leathers and filling their quivers for a chance at bringing down such a legendary beast...
scratch_flannigan
10:22:47 pm GMT 03/15/20
scratch_flannigan Squawk!
Registered Member #648 Joined: 1:50:32 am GMT 11/20/05
Rumors spread about Lowtown and other parts of Steinkreiss that a new gang was holding illegal animal fights while cutting Fred's Gang out of their protection money.

It is said that Fred's Gang joined with Darkfey druids to teach these upstarts who really runs the streets.

The word on the street is that the rival gang was squashed in a huge and bloody hit, and the Darkfey druids ran off with the animals.
Rodgr Thunderguts
12:31:47 am GMT 03/21/20
Rodgr Thunderguts Registered Member #1050 Joined: 7:35:50 am GMT 05/11/07
Rumours are that the Steinkreiss Orphanage had 200,000 gold donated from an unknown benefactor.
Kyssyt
5:16:12 pm GMT 03/22/20
Kyssyt Registered Member #1273 Joined: 2:56:54 pm GMT 03/23/08
On a low hill not far north of the Long road Westward, travellers have been noticing an encampment. Along with this, at least one of the wizards from the Greenvale School of Magic has paid advance rent for a cottage in Hamley and moved in, and has been seen travelling back and forth from the west, occasionally with porters carrying equipment.

Anyone who found the encampment empty and nosed around, would have found this quite easily:

[ image disabled ]

In a separate rumour, a copy of the same reportage has been filed at the School of Magic in Greenvale, along with some considerable detail of the magic employed and the results achieved.

Alathos
10:24:23 am GMT 03/23/20
Alathos Registered Member #24064 Joined: 6:33:55 pm GMT 03/29/17
With the appearance of a trio of dark glyphs along the southern coastline, numerous undead have been spotted roaming the region, some wearing robes of Thay.
wisdombeyondages
4:54:48 pm GMT 03/24/20
wisdombeyondages Registered Member #1009 Joined: 7:04:13 am GMT 03/26/07
Rumors have spread across the island that a cavern has opened up under the Hellshire Clan camp. The normally maintained portal to the Crossroads was quickly closed to secure the area. Once it was determined to be safe, the Clan moved braziers, bedding, food, and supplies into the warm, dry space. Any questions concerning the Cavern are not discussed openly. Though some with severe burns were seen being treated outside the entrance.
Cuchuwyn
5:18:11 pm GMT 03/24/20
Cuchuwyn Registered Member #24041 Joined: 4:19:01 am GMT 01/24/17
The Elves of Greenvale have announced that several new housing projects have been completed to help settle refugees and others who came to the city during the Darkfey wars.

(Thanks again to Jandari for putting together several areas for eventing use!)
1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Wraitheus, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 27
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: zakor
  • Most ever online: 208
    Guests: 206, Members: 2 on Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 20:11:48
Now Playing
1. Malaka Sako
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org