Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:




[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

    Section Six starts in 1.75 hours. That will be 7pm CST (GMT - 6).

    Good(ish) characters of LEVEL 10 or below.

    We will meet at the Iron Minogon in Webster's Landing. Just assume that your character received a mysterious invitation.

    I will be IG as Taran if you have any questions!

  • Zhymm
    Zhymm  1 week ago

    Happy Turkey Day (i.e.Thanksgiving Day) to all our US players. And Happy Thursday to all others!

  • Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 weeks ago

    Uh, what happened to my message? Two paragraphs now random impulses across the interwebs ...

    Take care, Scratch.

  • Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 weeks ago

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 weeks ago

    RL calls me away from Section Six tonight, folks! sad

    Should any of you want to go ahead and run it, please feel free to do so! smile

  • Crayzee4dnd
    Crayzee4dnd  3 weeks ago

    Sam and Hugdish's wedding will begin in about 4 hours from this post. Yay!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 weeks ago

    Section Six starts in 2 hours. That will be 7pm CDT (GMT - 5).

    Good(ish) characters of LEVEL 9 or below.

    This week will be a bit different, with time being "frozen" at the end of the last event.

    There will be a portal in the Iron Minogon that will take your character to the very start of the Temple level in the Yuan Ti caves.

    If you did not join last week, that is perfectly ok. Just assume that you caught up with us like we do whenever someone shows up late.

    If your character has never been on a section six mission, you can assume that you stumbled on us while exploring !

    It is a little unorthodox, but we will make it all work! biglaugh

    I will be IG as Taran if you have any questions!

  • Squidget
    Squidget  3 weeks ago

    Edrick and Vae in the same day? heart suprised

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 weeks ago

    Hello Edrick and Vae!

  • Oberon
    Oberon  3 weeks ago

    Seeing you here makes my heart smile! heart


Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Blood Guard Internal Memos and Reports

first  2 3 4 5 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Rodgr Thunderguts
10:23:45 pm GMT 11/19/20
Rodgr Thunderguts Registered Member #1050 Joined: 7:35:50 am GMT 05/11/07
Posts: 408
A bloodguard squire returns to the fort slumped across the back of a wounded horse a note clutched firmly in his hand. Upon the call for alarm and a Knight reaching him, the squire died, mentioning just two words... "For Celestine".

[ image disabled ]

Another caravan trader was heard mentioning of losing his wagon of spears to a horde of monsters on the way to the Northlands Village from Hamley, he spoke of a great battle and was treated as a drunk in the Trade speaking of mere fantasy.

[ image disabled ]
Back to top
ChaoticDrow
2:51:56 pm GMT 12/05/20
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Registered Member #17124 Joined: 8:46:41 pm GMT 05/13/13
Posts: 525
Report from Garrik Brennan: Ambush at the Dig

Upon a routine check-in and patrol to the [REDACTED] dig site, we were ambushed by a small horde of [REDACTED] that descended from the cliffs. They were more frenzied than I am used to seeing, and it is yet unknown if they acted independently or were spurred on by a greater force. After the initial shock, Chaplain Celestine, new recruit Rosam, and I were able to reform the ranks to drive the vermin back with the other Guard.

The dig was relatively unaffected, and no structural damage was found to the entrance of the [REDACTED]. Plans to move ahead on schedule, though there may be delays as [REDACTED] could not be located after the attack. Scouts were sent to try and locate [REDACTED] and we will hope for the best, but plan for the worst. We await further reports.

Patrols have been doubled and the more fleet of foot have been assigned to guarding the cliffs.
Back to top
Alanonas
11:36:33 pm GMT 01/30/21
Alanonas Registered Member #24078 Joined: 3:40:59 am GMT 05/14/17
Posts: 1180
₵Ⱨ₳Ø₴₴₱Ø₦ĐɆ₵Ɇ


[ image disabled ]

A strange message is left scrawled upon the walls of Castra Aurelia, none know who or what may have left it but its meaning is somehow clear and cryptic all at once...

Demonic scrawling wrote...

GARRIK

I FOUND SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO YOU
YOUR SHADOWS

SOMEONE

WHAT IS LEFT OF THEM

FIND ME

^~ R ~^
Back to top
ChaoticDrow
2:11:44 am GMT 02/03/21
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Registered Member #17124 Joined: 8:46:41 pm GMT 05/13/13
Posts: 525
Report from Garrik Brennan: Demonic Tidings

Following remarks left from the demon known as Rhandum, we increased patrols outside both Castra Aurelia and Fort Riftenfahl. While patrolling the woods with Soterya and Chaplain Celestine, we were surrounded by the demon himself and the fey creature known as Arakhor. We were forced to stay our blades after being told the demon discovered one of the [REDACTED]. Smelling a trap, but refusing to leave behind one of our own we followed the creatures to the place of [REDACTED], where indeed we came across an afflicted man, bound by shadows. Suddenly surrounded by darkness, we found ourselves amongst what I believe to be shades of the past. Through these visions, it was indeed verified the man known as [REDACTED] was one of the old [REDACTED]. We were unable to change what happened to him, but after defeating what looked like the leader of a cult of [REDACTED] worshippers, it freed [REDACTED] from his vigil and allowed him to find peace. Afterward, the demon was nowhere to be found and the fey creature was chased off.

Words of warning: Rhandum knows the [REDACTED] knew techniques to fend off the [REDACTED]. Be wary as there may now be more after the secrets of the Guard.
Back to top
Blue_
7:36:53 pm GMT 02/22/21
Blue_ Registered Member #25414 Joined: 5:49:38 am GMT 02/06/20
Posts: 147
Report from Celestine: Bloody Song

Soterya located me and recruit Bevremir to inform of the Underking’s next movements. The lower halls of Hammersong have been breached, and the able bodied moved to aid their cause. Garrik “The Firebear” Brennan, Soterya, and Bevremir rushed to the front lines of this assault and aided in the defense for the initial brunt of the assault. We had struck down Drow, Duergar, and “Driders” on this battlefield, stopping all those who tried to move past the stone barricade holding before the vaults of the dwarven hold.

The orcish tribe who had released this menace was located on the battlefield yet refused to speak regarding their actions. Spear and fire were loosed to ensure they would not begin killing the warriors of Hammersong. We had confirmed with our own eyes their travel to Mora’chel in the past, and their release of all the prisoners in that city to join the Underking’s forces. A further meeting was requested by us to affirm their removal from Hammersong after the battle ceases.

One force unexpected in the tides of this battle, were the Underking’s newest claim to his army – known as “Bulette”. They are creatures larger than a small house, and in the words of Redcloak “Able to consume rock, as man could bread”. We search for a means to quickly cease the pack of these creatures looking to tunnel further into the dwarven domain. As of this moment, our only option is burning the armored flesh from the creatures and striking in the moments they travel past.
Back to top
Forgiver
9:48:14 pm GMT 02/25/21
Forgiver Registered Member #25529 Joined: 3:52:11 pm GMT 10/09/20
Posts: 73
Report from Bevremir: [REDACTED] CAVE!

Upon our return to the halls of Hammersong, we were once again greeted with the familiar rumbling of [REDACTED]. Below we faced a large force of [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and another, smaler [REDACTED] than we fought before that seemed reluctant to fight us. Our group engaged the enemy, defeated them, and then followed the small [REDACTED] into its hole and into a strange cavern. There we found more of the enemy, and the fighting was merciless, and in the process we liberated their captive [REDACTED].

There was some discussion to be had about killing the thing, but Soterya suggested we follow it to the rest, and so we did... only to discover the creatures had a hatchery. After defending it from the [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], Brother Garrik awoke the creatures through the warmth of blood and fire. Hurrying to escape the hungry beasts, we intended to lead them straight into the hordes of the [REDACTED] and turn them against him, but in the process found only a few more of his minions and a captive [REDACTED] who told us he was the beast's [REDACTED] minder, kept captive by the [REDACTED] to continue to supply his forces with [REDACTED]. After some careful deliberation, it was decided that the [REDACTED] should take all his charges, including those belonging to the [REDACTED].

[The remainder of the report represents Brother Bevremir's opinion on the matters and has been redacted]
Back to top
Blue_
7:27:35 pm GMT 04/02/21
Blue_ Registered Member #25414 Joined: 5:49:38 am GMT 02/06/20
Posts: 147
Report from Celestine: Schneehugel’s aid

A fishing village in the frozen north had requested supplies and aid from the Blood Guard to make it through the final months of winter. The residents were brought three oxen, a new supply of nets and enough rations to last until they were able to begin fishing again when the frozen waters released from winter’s end. There had been strange reports from this village recently, and they were confirmed as the supplies arrived and conversation with the villagers began. No other merchants or supplies were able to reach their village this winter, alongside cases of villagers vanishing through the night. Howls and screams were reported as night grew closer often, and the Blood Guard set forward to see the cause of these problems. Hours into the night the Blooded traveling the roads found the root of the problem – a pack of moon worshipping beasts that were scatted among an idol to a beastial god in the woods. They were destroyed, and the child prisoner they had taken to offer as sacrifice to their beast-god was returned to the village of Schneehugel. The creatures were had come to be known as “Wendigos”. After the predators were dealt with, and supplies were delivered – the guard returned south with no casualties.
Back to top
Cuchuwyn
4:26:09 pm GMT 04/10/21
Cuchuwyn Registered Member #24041 Joined: 4:19:01 am GMT 01/24/17
Posts: 1706
A report filed by Blood Guardian Soterya

Is meet guard of blood B̶e̶v̶e̶e̶r̶m̶e̶e̶e̶ B̶e̶r̶v̶e̶m̶y̶r̶ B̶y̶e̶e̶v̶e̶m̶y̶a̶g̶r̶ is know who is mean. Is also meet strange elf who is use magic and jump much.

Is say is hunt monster. Is also hunt monster. Is come to lab near lake. Is go in. Is fight many monster, some dead thing, some wing thing, some skeleton thing, and other. Is defeat, find scribbles of maker monsters. Is see green girl, who is ask if is rescue someone from dragon. Is tell yes.

Is continue hunt monster and fight and then kill big spider monster and fall through floor. Is find strange water. Is leave.
Back to top
Blue_
9:33:34 pm GMT 05/13/21
Blue_ Registered Member #25414 Joined: 5:49:38 am GMT 02/06/20
Posts: 147
Report from Celestine: Aiding Thain

[ image disabled ]

As threats grow stronger of war coming, a means of seeing those who live on the island protected through it begins. Tents, supplies, and basic needs have been acquired, or are soon to be acquired within the walls of Castra Aurelia. At this point in time, tents and cauldrons have been moved into the courtyard to be ready for refugees the moment darkness would strike at their villages and homes. Patrols have been confirmed to be altered in the coming months to secure any seeking passage to the keep, as well as taking a more defensive stance against any roaming threats. In the coming days, I will return from the 'Kreis with healers and supplies offered onto us by the Stone Circle - where they will aid the Chaplains in healing any injured who arrive within our walls.

A request to any Blooded available - see preparations move forward for the coming threats of darkness, for the Blood shall see these innocent lives protected while our hunters fend off the evils that stray too close the light.

May the Blood watch over you all, Chaplain Celestine
Back to top
Blue_
12:22:35 am GMT 05/21/21
Blue_ Registered Member #25414 Joined: 5:49:38 am GMT 02/06/20
Posts: 147
Report from Celestine: Blood trails from the mountains

The toxic waste pooling inside of the crater lake has infested a portion of the nearby creatures. From scout reports, it seems that some manner of large bestial creature has taken to drinking from it, and now aims to siege villages within the mountains. I plan to see the creature hunted before the devils would march, for the trails even across the mountains must be safe to travel should innocents need to flee. Eyes of the witch-hunters have found a trail of destruction which we believe to lead on toward the hills it resides. Should any brothers or sisters of the Blooded have the means and the time to accompany me in such a hunt, it would see this creature seen purged ever more quickly.

Yours in service to the Blood,
Chaplain Celestine


((OOC notice! This will be a Blood Guard centric monster hunt within the Grey Mountains! All Blood Guard are welcome, alongside any neutral/allied characters to them! Please be mindful that the Blood Guard is hostile toward MPCs and villains before considering if you would bring a certain character!

This event will take place this Saturday 5/22 at 11 AM PST! ))
Back to top
first  2 3 4 5 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, jewwe, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
Online
  • Guests: 40
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: EmeliaWaller
  • Most ever online: 208
    Guests: 206, Members: 2 on Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 20:11:48
Now Playing
1. Malarahc
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org