Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

Section Six starts in 1.75 hours. That will be 7pm CST (GMT - 6).

Good(ish) characters of LEVEL 10 or below.

We will meet at the Iron Minogon in Webster's Landing. Just assume that your character received a mysterious invitation.

I will be IG as Taran if you have any questions!

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  1 week ago

Happy Turkey Day (i.e.Thanksgiving Day) to all our US players. And Happy Thursday to all others!

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 weeks ago

Uh, what happened to my message? Two paragraphs now random impulses across the interwebs ...

Take care, Scratch.

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 weeks ago

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 weeks ago

RL calls me away from Section Six tonight, folks! sad

Should any of you want to go ahead and run it, please feel free to do so! smile

• Crayzee4dnd
    Crayzee4dnd  3 weeks ago

Sam and Hugdish's wedding will begin in about 4 hours from this post. Yay!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 weeks ago

Section Six starts in 2 hours. That will be 7pm CDT (GMT - 5).

Good(ish) characters of LEVEL 9 or below.

This week will be a bit different, with time being "frozen" at the end of the last event.

There will be a portal in the Iron Minogon that will take your character to the very start of the Temple level in the Yuan Ti caves.

If you did not join last week, that is perfectly ok. Just assume that you caught up with us like we do whenever someone shows up late.

If your character has never been on a section six mission, you can assume that you stumbled on us while exploring !

It is a little unorthodox, but we will make it all work! biglaugh

I will be IG as Taran if you have any questions!

• Squidget
    Squidget  3 weeks ago

Edrick and Vae in the same day? heart suprised

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 weeks ago

Hello Edrick and Vae!

• Oberon
    Oberon  3 weeks ago

Seeing you here makes my heart smile! heart

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Blood Guard Internal Memos and Reports

first  2 3 4 5 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Oberon
3:00:01 pm GMT 08/12/20
Oberon Registered Member #24214 Joined: 1:14:24 pm GMT 04/01/18
Report from Officer Oliver Wisekeep at Fort Riftenfahl

We have barely just raised our walls over in the East Woods and already the monsters have come to test our defenses, the construction continues at full speed.

A few nights ago a group of kin, a goblin and a manticore were spotted from our walls, I sent men to investigate what they were doing and reports say they were probing for weaknesses in our walls. The group was marching from Dragons Watch, it is highly possible this is where they reside.

They clashed with our patrols and even though we had the numbers the monsters seemed unbeatable, we took some losses and if it weren't for one of the Greenvale Sorcerers, namely Elith Sianicen we would have taken many more. Together with our patrols the elf pushed the monsters back and our men could retreat to the fort, the elf offered us further aid at the gates then he too sought refuge in the fort.

The rest of the night was uneventful, but the number of men on the walls has been increased. I ask for more men to be sent over to East Woods in case these attacks continue.

Never give up, never surrender!
ChaoticDrow
6:10:50 pm GMT 09/09/20
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Registered Member #17124 Joined: 8:46:41 pm GMT 05/13/13
Report from Garrik Brennan: Encounter with Valfire

I encountered the silver kin known as Valfire along the roads north of the Crossroad, not far from our northern post. I refused to allow her passage after the actions she took when the Sons of Fhelkorn forcibly took the Trade and Tackel and our words shortly turned to steel. She was within the company of others that came to her aid.

A mage of the shortfolk. *A description of Perrin Barrowin follows*
Another of the shortfolk, who appeared to be shadowtouched. *A description of Mirabella Teatherhead follows*
And an elven man. *A description of Amrynn Perfir*

Those that defended her were cut down, but I can not speak of what happened after the fight. One of our patrols discovered me near death and bleeding out along the road. The last I remember was Valfire's blade entering my gut.

A note of caution, as it seems she has more allies than just the Sons. Keep an eye on the northern roads.
Vaedryan
1:45:55 am GMT 09/26/20
Vaedryan Registered Member #345 Joined: 2:28:49 am GMT 11/25/04
A note makes its way to the Blood Guard's fortress and into the hands of Garrick Brennan.

[ image disabled ]

Blood Guard Brennan,

I am sorry that I must introduce myself in such an impersonal manner. We have not met, but I have heard much of you over the years through common acquaintances and your growing legend.

I was paid a visit by the demon Rhandom beside the healing glade within the Bagnorn lands. It seemed he went to some length to find me there. That he was intent on and able to do so is unsettling in its own right, but what he said may be even more so.

He warned of a threat that would rise from the Void that even those of the Abyss have cause to fear. He gave no specifics, leaving the nature of the peril as enigmatic and empty as the source he pointed to. I am not foolish enough to trust the demon at his word, but neither am I foolish enough to ignore it. Perhaps such news is simply meant to sow discontent; but perhaps the threat is real.

I will travel shortly in hopes of meeting with you. Perhaps together we may visit the Void source near your grounds to discern the merit of this warning and, if true, plan action against it.

Yours in the Light,
Aeryth Elowyn, Celestial Knight of Andarus

Blue_
7:48:00 pm GMT 09/29/20
Blue_ Registered Member #25414 Joined: 5:49:38 am GMT 02/06/20
Report(s) from Celestine: Conrad Giles Arrest and Iron Clan Territory Patrol

Between patrols, shouting was heard at the fire outside the Trade and Tackle. One “Conrad Giles” was seen, blade in hand striking at the Steinkreis guards. He had fled and was pursued by Brennan, while the wounded were tended to. Traps were found surrounding the fire and were disarmed through force. After the failed pursuit Conrad returned to look over his work - where we had used this time to surround him on a cliffside, before he attempted to escape our sights again. He was felled by Brennan’s axe, and taken directly to Blackrock within the city.

~A description is given covering the effects of the forcibly disarmed traps~

During patrol of the caves north of the fort, darkness was spotted deep within the caverns. [REDACTED] confronted both me and Brennan, sending spiders to assault us. The beasts were taken care of by Brennan, while a spray of acid had left my legs useless. After recovering from [REDACTED]'s assault, we had searched the rest of the tunnels thoroughly, but to no avail.

The witch is hunting near our walls.

Cuchuwyn
9:54:49 pm GMT 11/01/20
Cuchuwyn Registered Member #24041 Joined: 4:19:01 am GMT 01/24/17
A Muddy Report

A small-statured Svirfneblin passes the following message to the on-duty watch officer at the Blood Guard fortress in the east woods of the Crossroads. The missive is written in a steady hand, but the words are rather basic, and the parchment is smudged in places with mud and blood:

Is should know, is dragon sleep underground! Is many try to wake, try to use to take over dwarf city, others too! Is has seen drow, duergar, illithid, more, all work with to wake under-king!

Is also saw others, from surface. Heard voices that is know from before. *A description here follows of five individuals: Vincent Coll, Hugdish Lurgink, Jiztroyir Miqrojorj, Sam Banicknet, and Vroshnak Haun*.

These is all work with drow, illithid, duergar! Is big orc come and try to grab to feed to under-king, but is escape! Is should know is working with monsters and is trying make danger for surface! If is not believe, is come find. Is will answer question.

-Soterya
Blue_
3:04:14 am GMT 11/05/20
Report from Celestine:

Statues in the Streets

A report comes into the keep regarding Steinkreis

Within the lower claims of the Kreis people have started to report men and guard turned to stone. After investigating, a house filled with Kreis Knights turned to stone was found, alongside three other bodies yet stone, and a strange device. Before this scene could be investigated, the local telling me of these rumors had gone missing.

*A description of Nicolette, the White Rose follows*

Through searching, she was found turned to stone within a closed off building deep into the district. She recovered and was able to speak of the following:
“Eyes watching her”, Witchcraft turning her to stone, and feeling like she was being watched. There is a monster, or a witch, that is within the city and must be stopped. The investigation continues with research into anything that may have caused this problem within the city, and citizens will be asked if they have seen or heard anything to support this encounter.

ChaoticDrow
9:36:36 pm GMT 11/08/20
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Registered Member #17124 Joined: 8:46:41 pm GMT 05/13/13
Report from Garrik Brennan: Battle underground

I have witnessed and experienced first hand the warnings within the missive reported to us by Soterya. Her words ring with truth. There is a great threat that lies dormant beneath the mountain of Hammersong, and various creatures of the Underdark gather forces to release it. We must stay vigilant, as these alliances have crept up to those on the surface for who knows what was promised.

We were tasked with eliminating a target of high interest deep in the spider pits of [REDACTED]. Amidst the chaos of spiders and driders alike, we encountered a group seeking to instead rescue this target. Upon dispatching them, a search of their persons once again gave weight to Soterya's report. The half-orcs of the clan Hellshire have cast their lot in with the evils of the Underdark, revealing them yet again to be a threat to the safety of Thain.

If any are found around or within the walls of Blood Guard territory, recommending immediate apprehension and elimination. Ravens will be sent to various settlements to raise awareness of their dark intents.

The Guard will continue to coordinate efforts with Soterya until the threat below is quelled.

A group of ravens bearing a message are sent from Castra Aurelia out to nearby settlements and figureheads of significance:

Let it be known that the Blood Guard have found and witnessed firsthand that the halforcs of Hellshire, led by one known as Kralshaman Jiztroyir, have allied themselves with denizens of the Underdark. They work with drow, drider, and duergar alike to release a darkness that slumbers within the tunnels below the island. Know your people, and Thain itself, are not safe as they are allowed the freedom of walking your streets. *Follows is a description of the colors and cloaks the clan dons, along with physical descriptions of various known members.*
Blue_
11:48:49 pm GMT 11/13/20
Letter from Celestine to Brennan:

Shapeshifter shifting shapes, looking shifty

Brennan,

Heading from the Kreis toward the crossroads, I was informed that I had run up a massive seven hundred fourteen gold debt, to the trade. Inquiring on this, as I had been nowhere near the inn, I was told that from Marie Trade the following: “You have been here all night, eating a whole roast, drinking us dry, and you even ordered twelve “raw” candles!”

Looking into the situation, a creature was found completely in my shape surrounded by a pool of filth in the downstairs of the trade, it fled outside before being confronted. The guard assuming it was not the creature, but me, playing "pranks through illusions". After the true imposter convinced the others - the guard threatened to throw me into prison for impersonation of a Bloodguard should I not stop my act. I felt the creature claw through my memories, claiming them theirs, to "prove" to the others nearby she was the true "Celestine", before I was sent off by the guard. The creature then fled inside the trade, where it vanished. I assume it had escaped in the guise of a waiter at the trade during my dismissal and before I'd returned. Later, after returning to the inside of the trade - detailed search of the creature's room revealed perfectly crafted images of frequent guests and travelers. Of note - Myself, Anders of the Keepers, A “Felicity” listed as a known maid who fell to a similar situation recently, an “Elizah”, an elven woman with green hair, and an older gentlemen with white hair all had confirmed their likeness within the images in this stack of drawings, however, no dwarven face had been seen within the collection. The collection is massive, however, it will give us a chance to identify it should it take on any of these forms again.

The creature was tracked south traveling by caravan, to the outside of Hammersong hold. A Hammerguard was able to fend off the creature before we arrived, making claims he had seen green and silver blood, claimed it a creature covered in darkness , stating that it had ran deeper into the mountains. The colors were looked into and it appears to be similar blood to that of a doppleganger from my research. Unfortunately, two other guard were not able to make it through the assault. Redcloak has permitted an investigation, should it be kept quiet, and without raise of an alarm to the citizens of Hammersong. For a time, it is advised to not fully trust any you speak of in the south until this creature is slain. The creature can recall memories of those it impersonates and recreate their weapons should they carry any – from what I gather the only true test capable at this moment is to show one’s blood.

If my assumptions are correct it cannot pass into the hold until it has created a sketch of a dwarf and studied them enough to create their shape. The creature's lack of familiarity with dwarven bodies gives us time to prepare for the hunt before it masters the shape and hides again within the hold. I'm looking to gather all able bodied to head into the mountains and destroy this creature at the earliest chance. This very well may be related to the Underking.

Of the blood,
Chaplain Celestine
Blue_
4:02:55 am GMT 11/19/20
Report from Celestine

Death of the shapeless creature

There was success in tracking a shapeless creature that has stolen forms of residents living on the isle to the Cobblewall inn, where it had taken the guise of a Keeper, a lady of the night, then Soterya. The creature was chased and destroyed through flame outside the low hills of [REDACTED]. During the chase of the creature, in the shape of Soterya, a guard of [REDACTED] was covered in the green blood of the creature as it fell. Caution is recommended still in the south but should rumors rise of it within [REDACTED], it will be hunted again.

Letters are detailed and sent after the report was submitted…

A letter has been sent to the Cobblewall Inn explaining the broad details of the investigation. Further, an explanation of the creature’s presence is given as a reason for the outbreak of blades and fire within the inn. The letter also ensured that Soterya was not the creature, but she was searching to kill the creature before it had attempted to take her form.

Another letter is sent to the Keeper’s hall within Hamley to inform them a member of their order was impersonated within the Cobblewall before the Bloodguard had slain the creature taking such a guise.
dontyouknow
7:43:11 pm GMT 11/19/20
dontyouknow Registered Member #1120 Joined: 4:36:33 am GMT 07/27/07
Celestine,

Thank you for your timely handling of the Cobblewall crisis. I wish a personal thank you as well, due to the proximity of The Magical Crafter. You are to be commended for your quick thinking.

If I may ask for an additional detail, which Keeper was the being impersonating?

Teron Dian
Keeper of Thain
Instructor, Greenvale School of Magic
first  2 3 4 5 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, jewwe, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 35
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: EmeliaWaller
  • Most ever online: 208
    Guests: 206, Members: 2 on Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 20:11:48
Now Playing
1. Lily D Afein
2. Malarahc
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org