Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

Section Six starts in 1.75 hours. That will be 7pm CST (GMT - 6).

Good(ish) characters of LEVEL 10 or below.

We will meet at the Iron Minogon in Webster's Landing. Just assume that your character received a mysterious invitation.

I will be IG as Taran if you have any questions!

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  1 week ago

Happy Turkey Day (i.e.Thanksgiving Day) to all our US players. And Happy Thursday to all others!

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 weeks ago

Uh, what happened to my message? Two paragraphs now random impulses across the interwebs ...

Take care, Scratch.

• Zhymm
    Zhymm  2 weeks ago

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 weeks ago

RL calls me away from Section Six tonight, folks! sad

Should any of you want to go ahead and run it, please feel free to do so! smile

• Crayzee4dnd
    Crayzee4dnd  3 weeks ago

Sam and Hugdish's wedding will begin in about 4 hours from this post. Yay!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 weeks ago

Section Six starts in 2 hours. That will be 7pm CDT (GMT - 5).

Good(ish) characters of LEVEL 9 or below.

This week will be a bit different, with time being "frozen" at the end of the last event.

There will be a portal in the Iron Minogon that will take your character to the very start of the Temple level in the Yuan Ti caves.

If you did not join last week, that is perfectly ok. Just assume that you caught up with us like we do whenever someone shows up late.

If your character has never been on a section six mission, you can assume that you stumbled on us while exploring !

It is a little unorthodox, but we will make it all work! biglaugh

I will be IG as Taran if you have any questions!

• Squidget
    Squidget  3 weeks ago

Edrick and Vae in the same day? heart suprised

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 weeks ago

Hello Edrick and Vae!

• Oberon
    Oberon  3 weeks ago

Seeing you here makes my heart smile! heart

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Orcs of Hellshire III

1 2 3 4  last
LAN_402 LAN_403
wisdombeyondages
2:00:44 pm GMT 07/10/19
wisdombeyondages Registered Member #1009 Joined: 7:04:13 am GMT 03/26/07
Signs appear across Thain near every major settlement. Any that are damaged or destroyed are quickly replaced.

Those who spend time at the Trade and Tackel notice that more Half-Orcs than usual are arriving to rent rooms.

<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>
wisdombeyondages
2:14:42 pm GMT 07/10/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

The Hammersmiths of Thain have delivered. The axes and picks arrived this morning. I have already begun ordering work groups to collect lumber from the trees south of our position. The camp must be expanded to accommodate the new arrivals and to defend against the dangers. I will make preparations immediately to visit both potential Iron sources. And the third though I must track down Vorgath if negotiations are to begin again. For Gruumith! For the Hellshire Clan!
scratch_flannigan
4:43:01 am GMT 07/12/19
scratch_flannigan Squawk!
Registered Member #648 Joined: 1:50:32 am GMT 11/20/05
In the dark of the night, one of the orc scouts seems to vanish with no trace. Another scout reports that he observed several elves looking for one of their own that was missing.

Strange sounds seem to come from the trees in Davenshire Grove.

The Slaadi have stopped arriving.

Beams of sunlight somehow form a circle around the shadowy spot that the Slaadi appear from, even at night. Flowers grow directly under these sunbeams.

The old orc has seen enough in his life to sense something amiss. Wisdom tells him to delay his building of the wall for at least a few more days.
wisdombeyondages
6:43:48 am GMT 07/19/19
These events occurred prior to the post above.

From Jiztroyir's Journal
Izral's arrival at the crossroads was a welcome sight. I have been concerned about the shifting matters in the region of the Hellshire and I do not wish to delay any more then I have to. I haven't however been idle. Given the increase in arrivals and the potential defenses I have spent a not insignificant amount of time trying to determine how the camp will expand. The hill is not big enough to support all the tents, supplies, and equipment needed to maintain the camps burgeoning population. The area below the hill is less protected, though I hope with the Hammersmith's aid I might overcome it. As we passed through the Poisonwood we observed the spread of the trees, and their spawn. Needless to say, the dwarf was clearly aware of the risks when we discussed the potential plans for the future of the clan. He has quoted me some prices for defenses and fortifications. Far more reasonable then I had expected though still, the money that was secured will have to be dipped into and I am unsure if it will be enough to sustain us as we build up. He has offered to train some of our people and hire outside help to ensure the plan can be completed with minimal overhead costs. He surveyed the site and we discussed placement of things as he laid out markers around the camp. I look forward to seeing how things turn out.

We proceeded to the mines to examine the veins and the viability of establishing it as a resource for the clan in the region. We can't rely on previous investments and the money we secured won't last forever. The riftstones present a not insignificant problem. I have seen their effects in the past and I can ill afford to risk my people in their presence. Izral tells me there is still good ore in the mines though I may need to dig deeper to find richer veins.

Initial quote:

20k for start price
5k for scorpions for 2 a week
2k for catapults

wisdombeyondages
7:10:59 am GMT 07/19/19
These events occur prior to the 07/11/19 post

From Jiztroyir's Journal

Took a new arrival named Siuanne on a prospect evaluation. She offers mercenary services and I wish to see what my coin will gain me. As we were discussing terms Joan decided to join us. Though I have my reservations about the woman, it is without a doubt that valuable information can be gleaned from her. As we traveled through the tunnels we were met by the drow Izzy. I have much respect and trust in her, even though she is a child of such an untrustworthy race. We traveled through the goblin tunnels north of the Crossroads as I watched Siuanne perform. Though Joan would not listen to my request to discontinue her arcane assistance to Siuanne, I refrained from pushing the subject. The woman's skills lay in the shadow and I was forcing her to fight in the light. An unfair situation but informative none the less. While I was in there I observed simple fishing setups where the goblins caught, killed, and smoked their catch. I made careful notations of them as I suspect they will prove to be very helpful to my own clan's fishing endeavors. After we left the tunnels we headed to Watch, Siuanne, Joan, and her companion left before we arrived at the walls. They appeared to have no desire to involve themselves in any business there. Good to know for future reference. After dropped off another sign seeking to recruit more to the clan there Izzy and I journeyed to the Hellshire. When we passed through the Ridgeshield we saw young Poisonwood Treants. The Woods expand and they are not shy about the guardians they grow to assert their authority. Upon our arrival at the camp we talked about how much things had progressed. I hope one day she will call it home, but for now I must be content that she is a guest who merely stops by to visit on the rare occasion.

wisdombeyondages
8:01:54 am GMT 07/19/19
These events occur prior, during, and after the 07/11/19 post. In that order.

From Jiztroyir's Journal

Izral has come through with those workers. They arrived only yesterday and have already begun working with my people to train how to survey, acquire materials, and prepare those materials. I have spread the equipment out between both the new workers and my own people. I wish to begin construction as quickly as possible. I have heard that a disease spreads through out the city of Greenvale and I am sure the Warcamp will not stand against such a threat internally and face the Slaad. Once they are gone, I will be left to face them alone, and the Poisonwood covets this land as well. The iron shipments from the Grey Mountain have started. Though it is a trickle I will find good use from their arrival. We lack a blacksmith or any facilities to provide for one. I will need to begin looking for one immediately. We will need to be able to produce goods for the camp and for trade. I do not want our tools becoming dull because we failed to be diligent.

It has only been a few days since work has begun and I have received ill news. One of our scouts disappeared a few nights ago and there is no trace. Reports also indicate that elven warcamp may have suffered a similar incident. I must admit I haven't slept well the last few nights either. Strange sounds come from the trees in the Grove and the Slaadi no longer venture from Limbo. I suspect that it has something to do with the beams of sunlight which form a circle around the shadowy place surrounding the tear, they glow unnaturally even at night and flowers have begun to grow beneath them. I am unsure what is transpiring but I have ordered work to stop for a few days, and discreetly put in place plans to fold up the camp and depart should things turn for the worse.
wisdombeyondages
8:43:26 am GMT 07/19/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal
Most will never know the full extent of the numbers and variance of those who aided the Clan in the first attempt. I am sure with time it will be revealed. We no longer have the luxury of a back water place which few desired to approach. The woods have grown and in quite a quick fashion. Massive mushrooms have appeared and a Tower has formed where once the gates of limbo spew forth a horde. With it so to return the life giving things that thrive in such places. Meat is plentiful from both fish and game. And the camps numbers swell. With all this there is a significant increase of travelers who come to see the changes in the land. The poisonwoods beyond this place have fully spread across the ridgeshield and their poison permeates the area.

With such events I was greeted to a rather interesting series of events started by a surprise visit from Lomir, Yuggorath, and Vorgath. Vorgath's arrival is of particularly positive note. We were only able to enjoy a short conversation before I was required to go retrieve Andarm. Yuggy and Vorgath joined me and we continued to discuss things during the journey. Once we returned to the camp we began to discuss the matter of the soul with Lomir but it didn't get far before the arrival of Agni. He of course did not know the past of the camp and was quite unhappy at the presence of a goblin and slaad. Very quickly a spat between the two broke out, but a reminder to Vorgath of the camp rules kept it to a simmer. That and Yuggy's licking. I must admit it does entertain me that he is so well controlled by the slaad. I explained to Agni the full extent of the rule and how they had earned the right to be present in the camp as they had aided the clan in the first attempt. Shortly thereafter Darren arrived and he too had to be brought up to speed on the camp rules. Once that matter had been settled I shared the history of the clan and talked about the first attempt. I gave them both my full title as the Kralshaman of the Hellshire Clan. They expressed concern but refrained from attacking any of the guests. When I asked why there were here, they spoke of a tower in the area that they were directed to by a "dragon lad". I couldn't follow them because due to my need to attend to the camp and my guests. As they were departing, Phoenix stopped by as did someone by the name of Old Pooba. Pheonix told me she had a hand in what happened but I wasn't able to give her the time to retell the story. Pooba is clearly wise beyond her simple appearance as she called me out as the Chieftain despite my not informing her as such. She saw my need to sleep and I accepted her aid. The dreams that night were strange. I suspect that there is much in the future for my clan. Though I wonder how prepared for it we will be.

wisdombeyondages
8:58:07 am GMT 07/19/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

For reasons of secrecy I have withheld writing about certain events. I do not know if these words have been read by any other but I had dare not risk writing it until now. I have spent a not insignificant amount of time studying the corpse retrieved from the ritual site in secret. My knowledge of the matters of the dead have done well to aid me in this task. I have not been blind to its importance in matters in the shire but given the instability in the region I dare not allow others to openly know what I do.

Another matter is the repurposing of equipment acquired both during the battle between the Greenvale elves and the Slaadi and during excursions into the Poisonwoods. My true seeing spells have aided me greatly in ensuring that there are no witnesses to our raids. Now that the Elves have left the Hellshire, we have resolved to plunder what they left behind. I know the elven skill with magic and craft. We must be able to match it when the time comes.
wisdombeyondages
9:11:55 am GMT 07/19/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

In light of the increase in travelers to the region, I have set about making my portals more pubic. They have been moved outside the camp and signs warning of the situation have been posted. I have taken great advantage of this situation and have used it as an opportunity to spend more time at the Crossroads. I should say I am happy though I am unsure as to why I am not. Sekva, I saw her, the Healer as she was once known. She either didn't recognize me or refused to give me any acknowledgement, when she was invited to explore with me she refused. I wonder what the cause of such reaction is but I haven't yet had the chance to see her again. I did however meet another half-orc female by the name of Dorina. She serves Lathandar. She was willing to join me so we ventured south and west into the Northern part of the Poisonwoods. I have not been as far north as I ended up and we arrived at a strange place. the cliffs appeared broken and there were deer with red marks. An effigy denoted some sort of Stag Lord though I do not know much at all about it. I shall speak with the druid when I get the chance. Perhaps she will be able to shed light on the matter.

Some time later I was returning from a task in the North when I spied an elf heading out of the Trade and Tackel. Something within encouraged me to follow. Gruumith gave me guidance and I took heed. For that I was rewarded with some rather interesting information. Calel'ruril, the one who had so openly served the Poisonwods did so no more. He now trains under Renneleth to learn the true ways of a Ranger. He swears he does not serve the Tel'morde but I am not so confident at this moment. I know his former allies will come for him eventually but I advised him to see the changes
in the Ridgeshield and Hellshire regions none the less. I am curious as to where this will go in the future but for now I must simply wait and watch.
wisdombeyondages
9:12:56 am GMT 07/19/19

1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, jewwe, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 42
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: EmeliaWaller
  • Most ever online: 208
    Guests: 206, Members: 2 on Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 20:11:48
Now Playing
1. Malarahc
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org