Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  2 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  2 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  5 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  5 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  5 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  5 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Orcs of Hellshire III

1 2 3 4  last
LAN_402 LAN_403
wisdombeyondages
7:02:46 pm GMT 07/07/19
wisdombeyondages Registered Member #1009 Joined: 7:04:13 am GMT 03/26/07
((Continuation from here.
-Clickedy- ))
wisdombeyondages
2:16:32 pm GMT 07/09/19
Kat wrote ...

Dele stood pondering her options as she stared into the crossroads fire. She had searched many areas, and searched many faces. At times rebuked for her impudence in asking too many questions and being too nosey. She sighed heavily, but there were sooo many questions to be asked... she was frustrated and that showed clearly on her face.
Today she resolved to continue her search, her thoughts led her back to the area where the demon had appeared and taunted her in the guise of the one she sought. Perhaps there might be some remnants of magic, perhaps some clue, she shrugged her shoulders, it was a good enough reason to start in that direction today.
She moved north, happily testing out her new sword and shield, she was pleased with their effectiveness, she'd never possessed such as these but was quickly learning the need for such weapons. In and out of groves and caves she travelled, until finally she came upon a small cave well out of the way, she'd not been there before and was surprised by it’s existence, but it was close to where the mirror had stood and so she entered cautiously. As she entered the cave she stood silently for a moment listening and searching the darkness, there were sounds to the right, animals pacing and a little muttered chatter. Slowly she approached the source of the noise and poking her head around a corner, she was surprised by two half orc scouts. “Oh hello” The orcs frowned and watched her, sniffing the air with distaste. Dele’s eyes opened wide as she spied a portal in the corner of the cave.. without thinking she walked straight past the scouts, closed her eyes and prayed to whoever was listening, please don’t let take me to the dark plane…
Opening her eyes she found herself transported to a place she had not been before.. The air did not smell quite right, the land was scared and ruined in places and there were more orcs, just a small encampment..
She moved over the hills around the area and eventually came upon rough fortifications, they were manned by many battle weary elves. Finally some success she thought, she moved amongst them and asked the same question over and over again, but there was no joy for her, they were not interested in her questions and motioned to the darkness in front of them.. Dele, now exhausted and dejected turned to look and the darkness took her breath away.
She watched it for a moment, shaking her head in disbelief.. the shadows were here too….. Saddened but satisfied that the one she searched for was not here she returned via the portal to the cave and made her way back to the crossroads feeling very disturbed by what she had found and seen.
Upon returning she came upon the Paladin (white and gold armour and helm) that had told her he fought against the darkness and told him about this new darkness she had found that had disturbed her so, he followed her through the portal and was seen by the orc scouts and the Elves. They returned using a portal stone.
Later another that Dele confided the tale too, came to see for herself, but this person used stealth both in the cave and outside and would not have been seen by the scouts, they returned by the portal. But this person was far more interested than the Paladin in what had been found… “Well done Dele, this is very interesting indeed”

((posted from Orc Portal))

Reports received about recent unauthorized use of the portal has resulted in new standards being put in place. Those who travel to the portal find a dedicated guard protecting it.
wisdombeyondages
3:27:19 pm GMT 07/09/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

Upon my most recent return to the Hellshire I discovered Phoenix had setup in the grove. With her was a phase spider which was clearly watching over her. Upon inquiry I was informed that she was calling for the Elemental Aspects though she had not seen them reply to her pleas. I am unsure of how this will change things but the health of this land is a razors edge. Should it be healed or tainted. The battle was visible in every plant and even in the air. As discussion continued I mentioned to her my encounter with the Fey Guardian The Wolf, and briefly discussed the Fey. She said that a person by the name of Willow had been an expert on such matters but that he was gone from this land. This is unfortunate but I must obtain answers, she explained that had she knowledge of who could answer those questions, she would be speaking to them now. A note of importance, when one spends as much time being followed, stalked, and spied upon as I have, you begin to get a sense of the presence of people even if you can't see or hear them. The one blessing of my faith is that I can use a spell to see those who would hide in the shadows and darkness. True sight. It is a blessing and a curse. A crutch that lasts so shortly and yet without it I am vulnerable beyond question.

I had suspected the Elf who had followed me from before, but instead from the darkness emerged a Drow. Her flair and the nearby spiders gave her away in an instant. Byran had spoken of serving someone who wished to spread darkness and this was her. Or so I had thought. One of the important things to understand is that sometimes in life there are moments of coincidence that prepare you for something you would not have otherwise been prepared for. In this moment I was prepared for Kallista's arrival. My bodyguard was sent to inform the camp of her presence, and I was left to speak with her, though Phoenix remained. Though few outsides the Hellshire would notice it; to be sure things there were changing. I had made the error of assuming that Byran was working for her and that she was playing ignorant when she asked who I was. It was only when she asked again after I had been coy about it that I realized I had made a mistake. I no longer know who he truly serves only that there is another spreading darkness and I am sure they too will visit me.

Before I discovered this truth, she revealed and therefore confirmed the presence of great power beneath the elemental circle. I do not know nearly enough about this energy but I do know it will affect my plans in the Hellshire. She spoke of her connection to the element of air which to me has confirmed the rumors about her choice of spells. Phoenix responded that she was of earth, Kallista stated something about the right thing to do was strike her with lightning repeatedly. I wonder how that encounter may have turned out had I not been around.

Kallista then turned to me and asked if I am the one who speaks for the camp. Though I knew she was coming, it still amazes and bothers me that my arrival has so quickly attracted the attention of so many. After I confirmed her question she then asked if I had allied with either of the Elven woods. I informed her that at this time I was staying neutral though I did aid the warcamp from time to time in hunting down slaad. We also discussed other factions who bore an interest in the territory such as the Thayans though she dismissed them as insignificant. I wonder if she was here to witness their destruction of this region and spoke to her as such but she dismissed them again. When I asked her what her interest was and why she chose not to advocate for her own faction, she spoke of the focus in the North and keeping an eye out for potential allies. Seems to be quite a few people are looking my way for an answer to that question. It is clear to me that she has an interest in in matters in the south. I am unsure of what her true goals are but I can be certain she wishes to avoid further enemies if not allies. Before she departed she made perfectly clear her affinity by casting a simple jolt on the Obelisk of wind and it reacted quite clearly to her spell.

Once she was satisfied she departed back to the North. I used True Sight again to ensure she had fully left. Phoenix and I were left to ourselves and took the opportunity to discuss matters of a more personal nature. She spoke of her husband's lost memories and the feelings of hopelessness due to her perception of unending failure. After further discussion her mod on the matter chanted to a more positive tone. She resolved to remain in the shire and heal the grove to the best of her abilities. I am unsure of where things will go but for now should I need to speak with her it is but a short journey.
wisdombeyondages
7:22:41 pm GMT 07/09/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

During my most recent trip to the Crossroads I was met by with an entourage of individuals. Among them I recognized a considerable number of Poisonwood members, it appears that the number of people who aid the Poisonwood increases. Of course this gives greater need to accelerate things in the camp. Calel approached me and inquired as to the portal which was setup near the camp. He acknowledged his passage through it. I will have to speak with the guards in the camp when I return. My avoidance to his questions concerning it was met with a threat, that they would pass through using their ability to be stealthy. He claimed it wasn't his desire. I have different thoughts on the matter. I can only assume a considerable number of individuals have passed through the portal without the camp's knowledge. He and the Poisonwood clearly have an interest in the matter.

He has informed me of the concern in the Poisonwoods that I will ally with Greenvale and has extended an offer to advocate for me to the Lady. I did infer that the Poisonwood had assaulted me though I was not direct in the accusation. When we discussed the matter of the Slaad he expressed considerable confidence in the outcome of things in the Hellshire. Yet another bid by a regional faction to join forces.

Once I had finished my business in the North I returned to the Camp to ponder the matters at hand. Upon my arrival I noticed immediately that people in the camp had become sickened. It took only a moment for me to feel my lungs fill with the foulness that caused harm to my people. Without hesitation I searched and examined the nearby area surrounding the camp. My suspicions of course needed confirmation before I made a baseless accusation. Though it took a short amount of time, once found it was quite apparent what the cause was. There was a strange green fungi that was growing in the soil and on the side of the ledge under the Lookout's watch position. It didn't take long to determine that this thing was the culprit. I took a sample and ensured it sealed safely then ordered the rest be burned to so that nothing would remain to cause harm to the camp. This of course required the use of people who were not incapacitated by the spores, as well as precious resources to ensure the fire burned hot and was thorough. Fortunately a few were less affected and gathered the needed materials. Some may not know but with the right ingredients one can create a substance to help aid the fire with fuel and ensure it sticks to whatever it is applied to. The more effective and weaponized version is called Alchemist's Fire but with a mixture of saps and tars you can create a much less but still effective substitute. We had a few batches on hand but this was our first real opportunity to test it out. The fire tore into the fungi quickly burning it away, with it the gasses dispersed and those in the camp were attended to. No doubt there will be a patch of burned land for some time. It disturbs me that this has occurred here. The Poisonwood has attacked my camp. Not by war but by their insidious nature. I do not know why Calel was attempting to convince me of an alliance; it is clear that the Poisonwood elves offer nothing but death to any not their own.
<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

wisdombeyondages
7:56:51 pm GMT 07/09/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

I have realized that my lack of knowledge of the events since my departure leaves me considerably more vulnerable to exploitation by forces I am not fully aware of. As such I have sent Luelie to find a Loremaster. I have put together a few means by which I might test the full extent of their knowledge. I am aware of his nature and that he will pass the information off to others but for now it serves my purposes as I must attend to the business of recruiting more publicly and can not spend the time unwisely. This of course will bring greater risk and attention but I no longer have the luxury of discretion. The Hellshire Clan must be reborn and I must ensure the safety and supply of those who answer the call.

To ensure this I traveled to Hamley. The Hammersmiths have a reputation of which I have heard a boastful claim or two. Upon arrival I found Agni working at his anvil. I inquired about siege weapons and defenses. He informed me that I should speak to one name Izral. However, he could help me out with the barriers and other things and offered to sell schematics for a few thousand. It was during this discussion that Izral happened to arrive. During the initial part of the discussion he made the boast, "None would die behind my fortifications". A boast I am sure will be put to the test. We shifted to discussions about resources and the topic of the Tumbaga Mine came up. Though I have not yet had time to examine it with a knowledgeable prospector, they were quite adamant about the ore having become scarce though he did believe more could be dug out if one went deeper. He then talked about a digger he was developing for going under fortifications. This interest me greatly and must be looked into as we progress. They recommended that I use wood and iron fortifications. I am worried that collecting timber in such quantities will anger the nearby elves. Iron is however an even bigger challenge as it must be acquired from the north. The most likely location would be the Grey Iron Mines, however I have been told that Hammersong also has good access to ore as well. I am unsure if I desire to reopen old history with them but should need require it I will do what I must. I have been advised to speak with the foreman at the mines about arranging for any ore. Despite my repeated desires for immediate surveys of the camp to begin gathering resources I was rebuffed and informed that Izral would be down in a few days to survey the camp for defenses. Long ago I had an order of fifty great axes for use to collect timber. While I no longer know what has happened to that stock, I did retain one. I showed it to Agni and made a request for 15 of them as well as 15 picks so that we might harvest what little we can from the Tumbaga mine. As I have urgency we arranged to have the first batch collected the next morning. I have ensured someone will be available to receive the shipment from him and get it to the Camp safely. The down payment has covered the first batch but I will need to ensure funds are available for the rest. While I was there I had a set of plate armor and a Longsword crafted for a new member by the name of Andarm. The cost was quite a bit steeper than I had expected at 11,000 coins, but is worth every coin as he has quite the passion for battle if not so much for direction or loot itself. Without a doubt will be a joy to see what he becomes.
wisdombeyondages
8:19:34 pm GMT 07/09/19
Two letters are quickly delivered to their respective recipients. One is delivered to the gatekeeper in Hammersong and the other directly to the Foreman at the Grey Iron Mines. The messenger's wait at their respective locations and make camp should it take that long to receive a reply.

wisdombeyondages
12:35:32 am GMT 07/10/19
Visiting the Hammersmiths of Thain
wisdombeyondages
1:47:55 pm GMT 07/10/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

It appears things have finally tipped over. Calel'ruril has approached me and finally spoken to the Lady of Poisonwood. He wishes that we submit to her rule, acknowledge their claims to the Hellshire. In exchange we would be allowed to settle it but would also be required to guard it and kill any Greenvale elves that trespass on the lands. However, he has also stated that before such an arrangement would be finalized, he is to observe me. "To get to know me, my kin, and such."

*An part of the journal entry is obscured by magic*

I have managed to recruit 3 half orcs of note. Perialt who appears to have skill in the arcane arts. Andarm who has a passion for battle even as he lacks a sense of direction or for the value of loot, and finally Gruaagnocker, who appears to have the makings of a fine warrior.
wisdombeyondages
1:53:24 pm GMT 07/10/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

I have received confirmation that Kallista's ambitions in the north have seen fruit and potentially resolution. This bears ill news for the Hellshire as her considerable power and influence could result in further troubles in the region. I was again visited by a Thayan representative who was rather polite and courteous as we conducted our talks. For all their faults I can at least acknowledge they do know how to make one feel important and little at the same time. The discussion was fruit bearing though it remains to be seen how things will fully progress.
wisdombeyondages
1:55:15 pm GMT 07/10/19
From Jiztroyir's Journal

Recent events have brought concern to me of a great nature. During a trip to the Crossroads to collect more who would join the Hellshire Clan I came across a gathering of mages. They were looking at some rubble that appeared to have forced up. As I was observing the situation one of the nearby mages stated that it was extraplanar and came from Gehenna. One of the others introduced himself as Bervaugh and offered to collaborate if his notes were recovered from his residence in Webster's Landing. While I had initially only desired to spectate, I had a desire to understand this more and decided it was worth the deviation. When asked further questions, Bervaugh admitted he couldn't grab them himself as he had encountered some trouble with the Brotherhood who blamed him for some recent troubles. After some momentary discussion we decided to help him out and head to the house. Suffice to say there was considerable evidence just from the outside. We spoke with a nearby girl who confirmed that a child lived there with his parents but she hadn't seen him in a while. The pool of blood leaking out of the front of the house was a giveaway as to the troubles we were going to face and we didn't have to wait long. Almost immediately we were attacked by a Yugoloth which did our party quite some damage before we were able to put it down. After entering the house we faced even more though they were far less powerful then the one outside and it appeared that several of the brotherhood had been possessed. The walls were bleeding and it was almost as if the house was a living creature disgorging its putrid guts through the cracks in the wall. On the ground floor we found paperwork talking about simple incantations for summoning devils. An ill omen and yet verified the Brotherhood Guard's suspicions. As we moved upstairs we found incontrovertible proof of his actions in the form of a ritual summoning circle. At the center was a letter and a box. Suffice to say Lomir took a trip to what I can assume was the Devil's dominion before fighting his way back. Upon his return he held the box and the letter. After opening the letter we are informed that he made a pact for arcane power in exchange for 2 souls. As we departed the house we were greeted by a squad of Brotherhood Guards. They were set to interrogate us and Lomir offered them the letter. Joan however took matters into her own hands and charmed them. We took the opportunity to depart and sought out Bervaugh. He had informed us before we had separated that he would be waiting for us downstairs in the Trade and Tackel. Suffice to say he wasn't being fully honest. He was waiting but what we found was only a projection. He seemed quite happy to see us until he noticed the broken seal on the letter. This however didn't appear to stop him from sharing information. Taunting us I suppose but a true mastermind would have never shared anything. What a simpleton. None the less valuable information is valuable.

He confirmed that he had made a deal with a lesser devil to obtain arcane powers, but that neither his imp nor he was powerful enough to ensure the souls' arrival to the stronger devil. He didn't tell us the name but continued with his story. To facilitate the transfer they hired Yugoloths to deliver the souls, however there was a complication with the second soul. It had escaped and because the Yugoloths feared failing their contract and being accused of stealing the soul themselves, they began to hunt for Bervaugh as well as seeking the missing soul. Bervaugh wants us to recover the soul and give it to the yugoloths both to appease them and finish the infernal bargain. If we do find the soul and wish to fulfill his request, there is a yugoloth boatman who is lurking in Webster's waters. With that his projection vanished and we were left to ourselves. It was after this discussion that I learned that there were others who were interested in the soul. Calel'ruril and the Poisonwood.. I am sure what ever they want it for will not do my clan any great benefit. A race begins to see who will find the soul first.

I do wonder what the elves have to aid them. No matter what it is, I hope the item we gained from the box will help us beat them to the prize.

Note of interest: Joan keeps many interesting friends. Some more useful than others.

1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 40
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: Heisenbeast
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Seth von Hendricks
2. Elvalith Nain
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org