Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:




[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


  • Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  21 hours ago

    Reminder: no necro night tonight! See you Saturday for the big event!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 days ago

    Unfortunately, I have had something come up today and I will not be able to run Nature Night again today.

    Hopefully, life will get back to normal next week, and we can return to our regular schedule.

    Feel free to get together as The Called and have an adventure and/or some great RP. smile

  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  4 days ago

    Orc Night in 2 hours! Meet at the Hellshire camp! Portal will be available for travel!

  • Payne
    Payne  5 days ago

    suprised

  • Wraitheus
    Wraitheus  5 days ago

    Story Night at the Tin & Tankard in three hours! Hope to see you there.

  • archgrendel
    archgrendel  5 days ago

    Dwarf Night! Dwarves Assemble! In about 2 hours from now (8pm est)! Meet by the main gate to Hammersong

  • Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  1 week ago

    Meant to get this out earlier, but there is a Necro Night tonight, starting in about 7 minutes!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  1 week ago

    I have to go into the office today, so I will not be able to host Nature Night. frown

    The Wild Grove is set up and ready to go, so feel free to meet up and spread Nature's Blessings if you wish! smile

  • Alanonas
    Alanonas  1 week ago

    Brimstone Knight Tournament begins in a lil over 3 hours (1 pm EST) from this post! There is a portal at the transition between the Long Road West and Drakamyre Rise.

  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  1 week ago

    Orc Night starts in 30 mins!


Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Hiding in Plain Sight

first  2 3 4 5 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Ramana Jala
11:50:49 pm GMT 10/26/10
Ramana Jala Registered Member #1033 Joined: 12:18:42 am GMT 04/25/07
Posts: 1103
[ image disabled ]
Back to top
Ramana Jala
11:53:22 pm GMT 10/26/10
Ramana Jala Registered Member #1033 Joined: 12:18:42 am GMT 04/25/07
Posts: 1103
Jalla had just returned from down south, where she'd fortunately run into Dorany and had learned that the girl had ventured up into gnoll territory, so they had discussed what she'd found. Jalla had not long ago decided to confide in Dorany about the gnoll supply issue, as Jalla had a feeling that the girl had a good heart, and Dorany seemed eager to protect the people and the Island from evils. Dorany had suggested the idea to go listen to drunken sailors potentially indiscreetly talk in Raven's Watch, but both Jalla and she had thought the task distasteful, and fortunately Jalla had gotten the letter from Sermak before Dorany had steeled herself to try that. So since Jalla expected more detailed information soon, they could wait on that plan.

It was dusk and she was getting ready to prepare dinner, with Navarre and his mate Sola not far off, at her temporary camp in the Grove of the Ancient Tree, where she had been waiting for the person with further information about the gnolls' supply shipments. As Jalla looked up at the last rays of the sun peeking in through the cleft in the cliffs, the thought went through her mind that the rays of that same sun shone upon her beloved husband back at base camp, where he was tending the stray wolves and teaching them the Ways of honor and pack cohesion.

Thus she was looking in that direction when an unfamiliar Elven man came into the Glade. She greeted him cordially, and it indeed was the gentleman she'd been waiting for. He straightaway told her the information promised, facts that would be extremely helpful in any action to be taken. His cautions were also very wise. And the potential plans he offered seemed sound ones. He'd obviously given the matter quite some thought. Jalla would of course have to speedily discuss it with the others, though, before any push could be made.

The fellow had offered his aid, and the Tel'Varataurie might indeed want to have it. Someone like him, who had obviously been able to be very stealthy to discover all this, could be a very valuable ally and agent. Jalla felt in her heart that he was of genuinely good intent, true to what he said about wanting to protect the Forest and help the Elves, and such a person was always good to keep near and network with. The only thing that was out-of-place about him, was that the way he spoke indicated to Jalla that Elven was not his native language. As a native Elven speaker herself, it was obvious to her. It wouldn't be the first full-blooded Elf that she'd met that didn't speak Elven natively, but it was a bit unusual.

After this moment of thought, she replied to him, equally respectfully though cooly formal as was the Elven custom between those unfamiliar. She consciously decided to use the simplest of Elven words so that he might best understand, given her perception of his skill with the language. "Sir, your aid is most welcome and with great value for us of the Feywood. You do your kin a great service." At this she put her hand over her heart, and bowed her head slightly to him with gratitude. Then she continued, "I must directly communicate this to the other Tel'Varataurie, and the Council, and see what will be agreed to be done. But your advice shall be high in our considerations, as it seems with much wise merit." She smiled amiably at him as she went on, "As you have offered, if you are willing, I would like to retain the option to have your help again, as you seem most skilled to have learned what you have."

She put her hand to her chin as she thought for a moment, "Also, your plan to destroy the ship intrigues me... to do so we would have to stealthily install explosives, taking care of course to limit the loss of life and preferably to take prisoners as you suggest.... I will admit to you, friend, that among us, we ourselves can be very stealthy, but one knowing the lay of the land, so to speak, as yourself, would be quite valuable to aid and reinforce our party. And before that hopefully terminal action, there is still the matter of learning why this is being done, who is at the top, and to what end this nefarious matter could profit them."

"If you are going to be tarrying in our lands a while longer, may I contact you again via Glendel at Wild Wants? Again, we are most appreciative of your help in this longstanding mystery, and would not impose upon you further. But if you desire to potentially help more, I expect there shall be that opportunity." As she concluded, she smiled at him with a mixture of gratitude, and hope that he would indeed want to tarry longer and see this through.
Back to top
Felix Headwinkle
4:17:53 am GMT 10/27/10
Felix Headwinkle Registered Member #960 Joined: 2:07:50 am GMT 01/22/07
Posts: 644
The Time of Gnolls and Elves: part 5

"Of course, I will await your word at the Wild Wants." With that Sermak bid her farewell and disappeared into the woods.

I'll have to stick close to elves it seems, balance forbid they become to zelious in their destruction of the gnolls and damage their numbers beyond repair. This will take a delicate touch.

Back to top
ronjaover
12:03:19 am GMT 10/28/10
ronjaover Registered Member #1629 Joined: 12:25:26 am GMT 08/30/10
Posts: 204
Dorany departs after the talk she had with Jalla near the trade. She heads to her home in Steinkreis to pack a few items needed for her travel back to the Feywoods. After her things are packed, she sits down to write a note for Varrent , in which she explains that she will leave a few days to visit Jalla, Krin's wife, who now became a dear friend to her. Placing the note on the table near the fireplace, so he can easy find it. Her eyes gaze one more time around the room, resting briefly by the fireplace before she heads for the door.
"First I visit Jalla, and find out if there where any changes" She mutters to herself as she closes the door and heads to the Feywoods.
Back to top
Ramana Jala
7:35:57 pm GMT 11/04/10
Ramana Jala Registered Member #1033 Joined: 12:18:42 am GMT 04/25/07
Posts: 1103
Jalla left a report in the Tel'Varataurie Aerie chest dedicated to correspondence. She described the meeting she had had with this amiable Sermak, and related everything that he had said.

She then related her thoughts about it all, including her favor towards Sermak's idea of crippling the ship to send a message back to the instigators at Raven's Watch, which might perhaps even be Krel himself.

But before that should happen, they needed more information on who was at the top of this plot, and for what specific reason it was being perpetrated. Dorany had offered to go listen to the drunken sailors talk, but the girl was inexperienced and the Watch was a dangerous and detestable place, so Jalla had advised her to wait upon that plan. Instead, she wrote asking if Styvn might be able to infiltrate to discover these things. If he wasn't successful, Jalla might ask Sermak if he was better positioned to discover more.

Thus she awaited word back from Styvn and from the others about the situation.
Back to top
Thranduil Greenleaf
3:12:20 pm GMT 11/07/10
Thranduil Greenleaf Registered Member #1145 Joined: 8:28:45 pm GMT 08/30/07
Posts: 808
After disguising himself, Styvn ventured into Raven's Watch to see if he could find out anything about the ship that was supplying the gnolls. If he could learn of it's schedule, he could perhaps put together a plan to disable it.


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

Back to top
Thranduil Greenleaf
3:15:45 pm GMT 11/07/10
Thranduil Greenleaf Registered Member #1145 Joined: 8:28:45 pm GMT 08/30/07
Posts: 808
..
<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>
Back to top
Eldurain
11:39:09 am GMT 11/15/10
Eldurain Tempting as it was, I decided not to go round hitting people with a crowbar.
Registered Member #650 Joined: 1:17:12 pm GMT 11/20/05
Posts: 8758
"Even if I did... I wouldn't be telling it to a complete stranger. Now piss off, before I call in a Leatherwing to take you to the barracks."

It is obvious Raven's Watch has changed course over the years. Krel has really put the fear into his citizens.
Back to top
Thranduil Greenleaf
4:02:24 pm GMT 11/15/10
Thranduil Greenleaf Registered Member #1145 Joined: 8:28:45 pm GMT 08/30/07
Posts: 808
Styvn tilts his head slightly and smiles under his helm at the captains lack of diplomacy.

"We need not be strangers, captain..." *pulls a leather purse out of his pouch*... "let's all get better acquainted... you, me, and all five hundred of these gold coins.." *shakes the purse and the sounds of gold coins can be heard clinking together*.
Back to top
Eldurain
5:32:26 pm GMT 11/15/10
Eldurain Tempting as it was, I decided not to go round hitting people with a crowbar.
Registered Member #650 Joined: 1:17:12 pm GMT 11/20/05
Posts: 8758
The captain looks around and licks his lips. A pair of Vandals appear to be watching from above. The captain shoves Styven away, though during the shoving, he whispers "The Flying Mug" Then he raises his voice, loud enough for the Vandals to hear it. "I told you to piss off." And kicks Styven for good appearances.
Back to top
first  2 3 4 5 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
Online
  • Guests: 11
  • Members: 2
  • Newest Member: Gwondier
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Strovel Stonebreaker
2. Perudoc Leadows
3. Siggy Till
4. Cyrille Bernier
5. Sam Banicknet
6. Amrynn Perfir
7. Izzy
8. Ilyrana Vanim�rie
9. Shade Dracswell III
10. Junn
Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org