Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  23 hours ago

Necro Night will start in about 1.5 hours!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

The IC posts over the Crater Lake events for Nature Night are finally finished!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

!lol

It really was something..a bit like a can..that the Sandworms went into !

Magic and Gnomish Technology to the rescue!

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  2 days ago

*chuckles* Love the name of the most recent NN, Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  3 days ago

Nature Night will start in about 2 hours!

Please join us in the Wild Grove in Grauer Suden.

I will be IG as Dauken. Feel free to shoot me a tell with any questions. smile

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  4 days ago

Hi Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  4 days ago

Amber!

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  4 days ago

*wave* @Vaerdryan grin

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  5 days ago

Omg! I spy an Avarith!!! grin

• Jandari
    Jandari  5 days ago

DORF night has kicked off with epic bouts of arm wrestling!

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Call of the Dead

LAN_402 LAN_403
Eldurain
1:55:03 pm GMT 09/24/06
Eldurain Tempting as it was, I decided not to go round hitting people with a crowbar.
Registered Member #650 Joined: 1:17:12 pm GMT 11/20/05
GraveRending
Midwinter Eve, Velve makes her way to the Necropolis to perform her annual tribute to the Lady of the Dead. Dusk had just set in as she arrived on the Necropolis. Speaking in drowish to herself, she walks to a secluded spot.
wrote ...
The dead walk. Excellent. It is time to please the Lady of the Dead.
Velve takes out three skeleton knuckles and places them on the ground to form a triangle.
wrote ...
Spirits of the Dead, the Lady of the Dead calls you forth on this Holy Night. Come forth and heed to the call of her servant...
She spoke in Drow. Almost instantly after she uttered the final words, red fumes erupted in the triangle. [ image disabled ] Then the fumes slowly dispersed and a ghostly shape looked at Velve with burning eyes. [ image disabled ]
wrote ...
What do you want, mortal?
It hissed to the drow.
wrote ...
Ah, Necromancer. I see you made the transition to the realm of my Mistress.
Velve spoke in drowish, with a smile on her face.
wrote ...
Didn't I once tell you I would show you a Grave Rending?
The ghostly shape of Eliswathe extended her ghostly skeletal fingers as if to reach Velve, but withdraws soon, feeling the power of the triangle compelling her to stay.
wrote ...
This… this is grave rending?
wrote ...
Indeed, this is a holy night for the dead. Although I am curious why the Mistress send you instead of some mindless ghoul.
The ghost hissed in drowish,
wrote ...
Every night is a holy one for me, mortal…
A cruel glint appeared in her eyes for a moment and she let's out a soft hiss.
wrote ...
I might have an idea...you...just what I need. Bring me to life, mortal…
Velve smiled.
wrote ...
That, necromancer, takes time and resources.
wrote ...
Yes.. yes... time.. I have all the time in the world. And I can provide resources...
She waves her skeletal hand in the air and in between her fingers materialised a large ghostly ruby
wrote ...
...I can give...just help me.
Velve watches the ruby for a moment.
wrote ...
Very well.... You say every night is Holy to you?
wrote ...
At night...yes, I can escape.. The gate opens at night. At day.. I can return.
She flicks the ruby of her hand and it's transparent form falls to the ground, it materialised into a real one.
wrote ...
Take it, mortal...and help me.
Velve her eyes flicker to the ruby for a moment, then return to the ghost.
wrote ...
Then we will have little need for this triangle, Necromancer.... Seek me out at night when you can and we shall.... Discuss things.
wrote ...
Discuss...yes. I need to know, mortal. The stones! They bind me too! I need to know everything about them...can you seek the information out for me?
wrote ...
Of course.... We will need an anchor for you.... So your spirit can locate me without the need of this.
Velve glances up for a moment.
wrote ...
Time is running out, Necromancer.
wrote ...
Yes… yes...I know… here…
Eliswathe waves her skeletal fingers in the air again, and another odd crystal materialises in her hand. She drops it to the ground
wrote ...
...This should do it..
Velve looks at the crystal and calls up a ghostly appearance. [/quote]Very well.[/quote] She says as she steps in to take the ruby and the crystal. Eliswathe hisses softly, seeing Velve her ghostly appearance.
wrote ...
You can walk out of the triangle now. The anchor surpasses this ritual.
wrote ...
Soon mortal.. soon. Dawn has stronger powers than your magics…
Velve smiled and put on her helmet as Dawn approached.
wrote ...
I'm looking forward to our next meeting, Necromancer.
wrote ...
Yes.. yes...seek it out for me...the stones...
The ghost glanced at the sky as Velve gave her a theatrical bow. As the first rays of the sun hit Eliswathe her transparent form, she lets out a dreadful wail and vanishes into thin air. Moments after it Velve removes the skeletal knuckles and makes her way back to the Watch. [ Edited ]
Eldurain
9:39:51 am GMT 10/02/06
Eldurain Tempting as it was, I decided not to go round hitting people with a crowbar.
Recruitment

Velve sat in the Eyrie on her usual spot, drinking some wine. She was amused, thinking off all the poor surfacers that had been drafted into aiding the Necromancer. Her mind ran through them all one for one.

The orc Byran, treacherous yet following out of fear for the Necromancer. Velve let out a cold chuckle as she thought of the horrible things that lay in store for the orc. For now she had little use for him other then dumb muscle.

The male arcanist, Zorrak. She was unsure why he was following the Necromancer. No doubt some great reward was promised. He had his uses and was, even Velve had to admid, a skilled arcanist.

The Changeling. That one was a mystery. Velve considered the fact that it had been tricked or intimidated into service.

Velve smiled as they came to the male elf. Arrogant one, much like other surface elves. Although this one had a taste for evil and surprisingly knew the tongue of the Drow. He would make a good slave in the Underdark, once they had cracked his spirit.

And then there was the other male, Vakal. She had send him on the most important mission. If the Necromancer was correct, those writings would hold very powerful information, other beside the ones she needed. Velve was looking forward on getting her hands on those papers.

Her smile took on a more cruel shape as she thought of the Avariel. The wretched beast had incapacitated her twice now and left her for dead in a grave. She would extract vengeance soon enough, after all this was completed.

With a cold chuckle Velve finished her wine and headed downstairs to prepare for the Hunt. Sacrifices and life force were needed.
Eldurain
7:41:00 pm GMT 12/26/06
Return of the Necromancer

Velve was in the Underdark, her passage home almost secured when it happened. She felt the chilling touch of death on her spine. Her Mistress was letting her know the Necromancer had returned. Making sure the male was fearful enough not to betray her, she made her way once more to the surface of Thain. Months had passed since she last felt the call. She made her way to the Necropolis, arriving a few hours after dusk. Always the graveyard, many knew but hopefully forgot they used to meet there.

She found the Necromancer talking to a human female in dark armour. A new minion… She thought as she smiled under her helmet. Brief introductions were made by the dead witch. It seemed during her time in the underworld, she had hatched a plan that might just work. Velve liked it, as she and the Necromancer could no doubt do this ritual on their own. She didn’t trust the old ones that were drafted, nor did she see them after the witch her disappearance many months ago.

The instructions were brief and Velve herself quickly found a few she could send out for the hardest of the four components. Basic elements of life… The four elements of nature… Simplistic, elementary magic. Four components were needed, four representatives of the elements. Tainted fire, held by crystals. Water from the most potent fountain on Thain. Feathers of the darkest birds Velve knew, the Bane Crows. And precious ore, delved from the earth itself.

Velve had already gathered the feathers, representation of Air. The human female had provided one crystal with tainted fire, yet another had to be gathered. Velve had send out the female and some male, the dead witch would pay them. Surfacers were so easy drafted into service by the promise of money. The waters would need to be tracked down, but she had a few idea’s. Earth would be easy, the goblin spawn would distract the guards long enough for her to slip into the mines.

There were only two things that really mattered. The time and the place. Midwinter Eve, the holiest of holy nights for the Revenancer would be the time. As for the location… Velve had something in mind. The Necropolis could not do, people came through there too much.

She actually felt excited. Soon the dead would live and tribute to her mistress would be done for another year. And to think she was about to leave and claim her place in her own House.
Eldurain
11:27:50 pm GMT 01/07/07
Preparations for Midwinter

Against all odds the surfacers had acquired all five components in time for the Holy Night. Velve was slightly impressed by this all. Nevertheless, there was still work to do. The first ritual was a success and the Witch was able to make the components ethereal and take them to her realm.

Now all they had to do was wait until they could perform a modified GraveRending ritual. The four elements, together with the crystal that seemed to shift the planes were gathered. And the blood of the human male, a sacrifice for the Revenancer. Six spells had also been chosen, each corresponding to one of the six things used. Even the order of things was chosen… Fire, Earth, Air, Water… The basic elements of life. Then the barrier between the planes would need to be weakened. Then the final blood sacrifice to her Mistress.

Next the four words of power for the elements, to accompany the elemental spells being cast.

Chath, raxoll d' elge
Fire, element of destruction

Har'dro, raxoll del z'ress
Earth, element of strength

Aeros, raxoll del vhid
Air, element of chaos

Niar, raxoll del dro
Water, element of life

It was only a few more days until Midwinter, the day that all the followers of the Lady of the Dead perform the GraveRending. Finally things were going according to plan.
Eldurain
11:09:30 am GMT 01/13/07
Extract from the journal of Velve Elg’Cahl

((The following is purely written in a drow dialect.))

Preparations for MidWinter are finally complete. Soon the ritual shall be done and the Necromancer shall return to the realms of the living. The newly found minions have proved their worth, for the time being. Even the half-breed orc seems to be under control, be it limited. I doubt it will betray us until after the ritual, it seems set on reviving the dark Witch.

-°-~-°-

My exploration of the local region of the Underdark, led to an interesting discovery. A tribe of driders, under control of the local priestess. Yet in a few moments of sanity, the drider I talked to, expressed anger and the urge to be free from the Llolth spawn. I shall have to bring the Necromancer along one time and see if anything can be done to bend them to our will instead of the local priestess.

The necklace I retrieved from the drider, after a lot of trouble, seemed to hold some old carving. Perhaps it was a house insignia or it is something else, unfortunately the time down there corroded the silver pendant. The corrosion will have to be removed before I can examine the engravings. This will be the first point of order after the ritual has been completed.

-°-~-°-

Eldurain
11:58:58 am GMT 01/15/07
Extract from the journal of Velve Elg’Cahl
Midwinter Ritual and the return of the Witch The ritual did not go as planned, but nevertheless one cannot argue with the result. We made our way towards the Recondite ruins, where the ritual would take place. It was not before long we had located a suitable location. I placed each of the components on the ground, naming it as I placed it on the ground. When this was complete I recited the Revenancer’s Dogma. Elghinn chu ulu jal, lu' dubo vharc orn tlu plynnet pholor nindyn vel'uss wahven ninta dron pholor l' inlul nou'hain d' nindol dro. Seke yorn chu er'griff dal l' naut'kyn xund d'lil h'uena elghinyrr, acraba phor elghinn, lu' l' tangis' inbau ussgyot d' uss d'lil rin'ov tupora wun elghinn. Tah, elgg, lu' dro nindyn vel'uss xun naut rothrl l' jabbress yorn, lu' an'yui jala inlul natha szithrel ji nindel jal xal zhaun l' doer yorn d' Kiaransalee. Death comes to all, and cruel vengeance will be exacted on those who waste their lives on the petty concerns of this existence. True power comes only from the unquestioning servitude of the once-dead, mastery over death, and the eventual earned stature of one of the ever-living in death. Hunt, slay, and animate those who scorn the Revenancer's power, and answer any slight a thousandfold so that all may know the coming power of Kiaransalee. Then as the male arcanist started his magic, the magical form of the pentagram took shape. Something indeed came through, four elemental creatures. The one of earth seemed to be the one in charge. After a brief exchange of demands on it’ side, it apparently went to the Necromancer. What happened there is as of yet still unknown to me. Next, the half-breed orc came with warning of heroes heading our way. No doubt did he lead them to us. Nevertheless, they were dealt with swiftly and decisively. The warning of the orc gave us enough time to set up an ambush for them. The Halfling however gave us more trouble. It’s ability to slip into the shadows caused a mild annoyance, but he fell in the end. Then finally something happened, something was coming through the pentagram. Yet it was not who we were expecting. Some being, most likely from some celestial plane, came through and told us the ritual had been suppressed. Surprisingly it gave us the opportunity to leave. It is safe to assume it revived the heroes. We retreated towards the lands of darkness, known to the locals as the Drakamyre. There we ran into the Witch, in the flesh as it were. She was alive, no doubt she had to bargain with those elemental creatures. Yet the person I saw before me was different from the dead spectre that had rallied me into working for her. She had, in my view, become another mere surfacer. Letting her emotions lead her judgement and seemingly more interested in thanking the other surfacers, especially the male one, known as Vakal, who had done very little to aid in this entire endeavour. The flesh shapes and clouds the mind. As we discussed the future, I informed her that she could start repaying her debt to me, by getting me some decent equipment, provided it was not elven made. There she made her second mistake towards me. ”If I can put my prejudices aside and work with you, then I am sure you could make do with elven things.” Were here words… How dare she! Prejudices… The flesh indeed weakens the mind. Her thought process was turning back to that of a mortal elf. She had little trouble working with me when it served her purposes of returning to life. But now she mocked me, even when I simply stated my needs. I have done my part, paid tribute to the Lady of the Dead and revived her. Now I must prepare for the eventual betrayal of the surfacers, especially the orc and the human male that is close to the Necromancer. But until that time, I have a few plans of my own.
…Betrayals in life will be avenged in death…
((OOC edit. To everyone involved, both team good and evil, feel free to post about the ritual, or things related to it, here if you want. - Renegade - )) [ Edited 12:02:36 PM 01/15/07 ]
Stormkitten
12:17:28 am GMT 01/16/07
Stormkitten ...
Registered Member #118 Joined: 12:54:31 pm GMT 05/14/04
One lives, one dies
It was strange, the way things happened, the way they all tied together. She didn't like to think about it too much, because in one sense, Card's death was her fault. If she hadn't been so focused on helping Elis, they wouldn't have been anywhere near Crossroads just then. They'd have likely been working on their house, it was almost finished, almost ready. She hadn't been able to return. Too many memories, and shattered dreams yet again. The shadows flow around her, darkening until they almost match the blackness of her mood. Yet, the gentle touch of the breeze on her face, and the scent of lilacs, even at midwinter... Perhaps there was something she could do, after all. [ 118_whisper_on_the_winds.jpg ]

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 6
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: lazaro
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Kasia Meyne
2. Tiaa'hala Amanode'lin
3. Arion
4. Thyra Fastus