Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:




[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  5 hours ago

    Orc night in a little under 3 hours! Event is open to everyone!

  • Warlord Kro
    Warlord Kro  7 hours ago

    Player event will kick off in about two hours from now! Everyone welcome. Poke me in game if you want in. Everyone welcome.

  • Avatar6666
    Avatar6666  1 day ago

    tristan this is for you...https://discord.gg/wU9eEC

  • Kat
    Kat  1 day ago

    I won't believe he's back until i see him in game..Soon please..

  • Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  3 days ago

    Necro Night will be starting in about 2 hours from this post!

  • Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

    ECO!!!!!

  • Warlord Kro
    Warlord Kro  3 days ago

    He's back! *waves*

  • EcoTec
    EcoTec  3 days ago

    G'day Thain!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  5 days ago

    Nature Night will start in about 1 hour and 40 minutes . We will meet up in the Wild Grove of Grauer Suden.

    I will be IG as Dauken. Please shoot me a tell with any questions! smile

  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  1 week ago

    Orc night in 40 mins from time of this post. Anyone is welcome!


Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Another Path Opens

LAN_402 LAN_403
Zhymm
3:46:08 pm GMT 03/21/19
Zhymm Registered Member #191 Joined: 2:06:27 pm GMT 07/31/04
Posts: 389
Though the hour is late, the three lamps over the shop's doorway are lit.

(internal thought) "Good! Trusty is open for business, yet. Sell these trinkets and then I can buy the necessities that nature does not provide."

Morgan slips inside, hoping to find the shop empty of clients and Trusty alone.

(internal thought) "Dang it! A customer ..."

Espying the robed man conversing with Trusty, Morgan steps over to the wall opposite the counter and waits.

(internal thought) "I've seen that one before. By the fire outside the Trade. Smoking his pipe. And that staff of his, he must be a spellcaster."

The robed man turns and looks at Morgan. He studies Morgan for a moment then speaks 'Why, hello, my good man. I am glad to see you. I am Lomir. I've seen you around and made note of you. And I am aware of your talents. I have a proposal for you, a task you can do for me, if you're so inclined. I can reward you. Handsomely.'

(internal thought) "He's been watching me? Wants to employ me? I thought I'd kept my habits hidden ... but now, this offer of a 'handsome' reward has piqued my interest."

"Pleased to meet you, Lomir. Likewise, I've seen you here and there. I am Morgan."

"What sort of 'task' would you want me to do?"

'First, I have something to show you. Wait here a moment.' Lomir disappears into Trusty's rental storage, then returns in a few minutes.'Follow me, please.'

The pair make their way to a nearby inn. Then into a private room. The door is closed.

The mage pulls a sword from beneath his robes. Red light flickers and sparks along the length of its blade.

Morgan looks towards the door, as if to make a hasty exit. Then he looks back at the sword, studying it in detail. His eyes widen.

(internal thought)"That sword! It has powers beyond any weapon I possess!"

The mage holds up the sword, hilt first, towards Morgan, 'I can not use this. But it can be yours. If you work for me. Think of it as a down payment for your service.'

Morgan looks at the mage in awe. "You'll give this blade to me? What must I do?"

'There are individuals, ones that mean harm to the people of Thain. They need to be *eliminated*. You can help.'

Morgan holds his hands up, palms facing forward. "Wait a minute! I am no assassin! I gather information. Watch. Listen. I will only fight, draw blood, to defend myself! If I cannot otherwise escape. I am no warrior."

'Watch and listen. That is all I ask. No blood. For now.' Once more, Lomir extends the sword, hilt first, toward Morgan.

(internal thought) "That blade! It pulls on me!" (Here Morgan fails a will save.) "I must have it!"

Morgan takes the flickering sword in hand. He holds the blade up before him, smiling as his eyes course up and down over its length. Then he replaces his old sword in its sheathe with his new prize. The old sword goes into a sling across Morgan's back.

'Good. It is now yours.' Lomir's mouth curls into a smile. 'I will be in touch. For now, let us go our separate ways.'

The mage leads the way as the two exit the room. Lomir pauses and turns to Morgan, a fierce look in his eyes. 'One more thing. Do not betray me.'
Back to top
Zhymm
3:46:07 pm GMT 07/17/19
Zhymm Registered Member #191 Joined: 2:06:27 pm GMT 07/31/04
Posts: 389
Morgan steps onto the dock at Webster's, glad to be rid of the shifting deck beneath his feet.

"It is good to be back on the isle, my adopted home" he thinks to himself.

Months had passed since the call to return to his parent's home near Longsaddle. The letter from Morgan's eldest brother surprised him. He'd not had contact with his family since he went adventuring in search of his uncle.

'Brother Shando, I hope this finds you well. Mother is ill. She has asked of you and wishes to see her youngest son. Please make your way home as quickly as possible.'

It was signed by his brother Rogard.

Well, their mother recovered. It took weeks thanks to the ministrations of a cleric. And most of Morgan's purse in payment. He'd barely enough coin left to book passage for his return to the isle. "No doubt Rogard had summoned me to finance Mother's healing" had passed through Morgan's mind more than once.

As he made his rounds of familiar paths, the worrisome changes across the isle since his sojourn to the mainland became evident. Pools of blood in the city. Fell creatures in West Feywood with the bridge to the Stronghold down. And something dire had happened to the Wood Beyond. It was now a frozen waste, no longer a place of peace and tranquility. And the Wood was patrolled by creatures of ill intent. Bugbears, satyrs, dark wisps and worse. Once spotted by such, Morgan barely escaped from them via the Shadowplane.

Espying the mage near the Crossroads, Morgan drew Lomir aside to learn news of events on the isle since he'd left for home months ago. Most of the news involved factions they both wished to avoid, simply watch. And wait. Lomir voiced interest in the Wood Beyond and wished to see it. Remembering his arrangement with the mage, Morgan agreed to lead him there. With much effort they slew many of the new inhabitants of the Wood, but failed to return the erstwhile haven to its former self. It would take powers much greater than theirs to make that happen.

Back to top

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
Online
  • Guests: 33
  • Members: 4
  • Newest Member: ChaosGuardian
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Keldan Hana
2. Cildir Aloufin
3. Hagrim Darkhand
4. Izzy
5. Joan
6. Vroshnak Haun
7. Hugdish Lurgink
8. Orn Shashti'ternock
9. Merin Sorn
10. Orikken Steelbrand
11. Bruna Usko
12. Darkania Dracswell
13. Avaggdu
14. Yuggorath
15. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
16. Ban De-Bar
Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org