Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  6 hours ago

Orc night in a little under 3 hours! Event is open to everyone!

• Warlord Kro
    Warlord Kro  8 hours ago

Player event will kick off in about two hours from now! Everyone welcome. Poke me in game if you want in. Everyone welcome.

tristan this is for you...https://discord.gg/wU9eEC

• Kat
    Kat  1 day ago

I won't believe he's back until i see him in game..Soon please..

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  3 days ago

Necro Night will be starting in about 2 hours from this post!

• Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

ECO!!!!!

• Warlord Kro
    Warlord Kro  3 days ago

He's back! *waves*

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  3 days ago

G'day Thain!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  5 days ago

Nature Night will start in about 1 hour and 40 minutes . We will meet up in the Wild Grove of Grauer Suden.

I will be IG as Dauken. Please shoot me a tell with any questions! smile

• wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  1 week ago

Orc night in 40 mins from time of this post. Anyone is welcome!

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Where lies blame?

1 2 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Zhymm
7:18:55 pm GMT 03/24/15
Zhymm Registered Member #191 Joined: 2:06:27 pm GMT 07/31/04
How it began:

"Can a life be lived in constant fear? Can one ever cease watching the shadows, the path behind, the way forward, for those that bear ill will and a thirst for retribution and vengeance for the blame that has been cast?"

"It's been many months since the Great Creature of Shadow attacked the Stronghold. I only sought help, a haven from that thing. I ran to the elven home seeking aid. Many fell fighting the creature. In the end, the Council held me to account for their sacrifice. Blame for their deaths was placed at my feet."

"I proclaimed innocence. I was no shadow being. I, too, was a victim. So, a test of that claim was initiated. Prove I was not shadow touched. Walk through shadow without event. But, in that test, shadow joined with me and I became part of it. I was taken by it. I found myself in a fearsome, shadowy place. There I was told I had a "gift". I could walk the shadow path. I could use my gift for good or ill. Then I was sent back. I've searched for a path to that place of shadow ever since. But the search has borne no fruit."

"Shadow provided a temporary escape. But at a price. I had failed the test and was now one to be hunted. To walk in constant fear, always looking back, always peering ahead, hiding in shadow at every unanticipated sound."

Morgan.
Zhymm
7:40:21 pm GMT 03/24/15
Redemption?

"I've been found. The elven ranger, agent of the Council, caught me on the southern coast. Cornered, unable to flee. Will he take me back there? What will be my sentence? Life imprisonment? That was suggested before the 'test'. The test through which I escaped. And has that escape now changed the sentence to something else?"

"What is this? The ranger says he may have a use for me. Go places he cannot. Be his eyes and ears. Doing this service for him and, by proxy, the Council could lead to my redemption. At least a respite from the constant fear of the hunt."

"So, I join my accusers in defense of their home in the hope it will lead to my atonement in their eyes."

Morgan
Zhymm
7:44:14 pm GMT 03/24/15
Frustration.

"I've searched the isle. North to south. East to west. And no sign of the path to that one place of shadow I visited so long ago. Many 'other' shadow paths I've found. But not the first. Not the first."

Morgan
Zhymm
7:52:42 pm GMT 03/24/15
Return to Fear -

"One elf. Just one elf. The man caused the death of just one elf. And they sentenced him to death for that. An eye for an eye ..."

"I was named the cause of death for many elves. Not just one. Many. What will my sentence be? How many 'eyes' will be taken from me?"

"Where can I hide, now? The last place failed ... "

Morgan
Zhymm
7:55:41 pm GMT 03/24/15
Morgan slips into the Trade & Tackle.

[ image disabled ]
Zhymm
12:17:02 am GMT 03/25/15
A message to Styvn left in the care of Bence of the Trade & Tackel

I have concerns and seek your counsel. Contact me, at your convenience, via our usual process.

Yours in service

Morgan
Zhymm
12:21:24 am GMT 03/25/15
A message to the lady Kellenri left in the care of Bence of the Trade & Tackel

My lady Kellenri, hoping this finds you well. If, by chance, you meet Styvn the ranger and he proclaims no knowledge of my concerns, please convey to him my desire to seek his counsel.

Yours in friendship,

Morgan
Thranduil Greenleaf
12:40:52 pm GMT 03/25/15
Thranduil Greenleaf Registered Member #1145 Joined: 8:28:45 pm GMT 08/30/07
Styvn walks up to Bence's counter at the Trade & Tackle.

"Hello Bence. Any messages for me?"

"Hello Styvn. Yes, as a matter of fact, this was left for you recently."

The ranger takes the note, slides a few coins across the counter to Bence, and thanks him. After slipping out the door, Styvn breaks the seal and reads the note.

message wrote ...

I have concerns and seek your counsel. Contact me, at your convenience, via our usual process.

Yours in service

Morgan

He heads out to track Morgan down and find out what's on his mind. He's sure it's connected to whatever the reason is he hasn't seen Morgan in a while.

Zhymm
4:04:56 am GMT 02/21/19
A message to Styvn left in the care of Tok (Bence's assistant) of the Trade & Tackel

I have news of that which you've asked me to investigate. Contact me, at your convenience, via our usual process.

Yours in service,

Morgan
Zhymm
8:16:46 pm GMT 02/22/19
"Styvn has set me a task, surveil an individual that attracts his, and the Council's, interest. I have been somewhat successful in that endeavor. Styvn has rewarded me for what I've found so far and has requested that I carry on with this task."

"But, a consequence of my continued efforts has exposed some individuals, seeming friends, that are privy to our plans and whose loyalties, based on my observations and in my estimation, lie with those elements that wish harm for the Feywood and its folk. I need to contact Styvn and relay this to him."

A new note for Styvn is left at the Trade & Tackel in Bence's care.

Morgan
1 2 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 27
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: ChaosGuardian
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Valfire
2. Aroh Zedralinn
3. Garrik Brennan
4. Jerick Menders