Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Squidget
    Squidget  1 week ago

-Clickedy-

• ShroudedSun
    ShroudedSun  3 weeks ago

Nature Night is 12PM PST/3PM EST/8PM GMT/6AM AEST (Keep in mind any changes due to daylight savings)

• ShroudedSun
    ShroudedSun  3 weeks ago

Nature Night starts in 13ish hours.

• Evendithus
    Evendithus  1 month ago

-Clickedy-

Starting player event at 10:30 EST, this is two hours after the Blood Guard event start.

• Alanonas
    Alanonas  1 month ago

Necro Night starts in about 30 min from this post! (7pm PST) See you there! Meeting at the tomb in the Necropolis.

• FlowerGolem
    FlowerGolem  1 month ago

Nature's Night starts in 4 hours (1 hour later for US players because of DST). It will be story time.

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  1 month ago

Necro Night will start in approximately 1.5 hours (7PM PST).

• FlowerGolem
    FlowerGolem  1 month ago

Nature's Night starts in 4 hours. Proceed carefully to the Grove, since TPK may be a possibility!

• Alanonas
    Alanonas  1 month ago

Special Necro night starts 20 min from now. Meet in necropolis!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  1 month ago

Friendly reminder there will be no necro night tonight- we invite you all to join us for the event Saturday instead!

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Lost in Thought

LAN_402 LAN_403
Lefse
9:17:45 pm GMT 01/07/13
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
A lonely dwarf is sitting in the halls of the Stewards of Hammersong. Murin is puffing on his pipe, he is lost in his own thoughts.

[ image disabled ]
Lefse
9:40:24 pm GMT 01/07/13
Lefse Kamel
A lonely dwarf is sitting in the halls of the Stewards of Hammersong. Murin is puffing on his pipe, he is lost in his own thoughts.

Who am I? Am I the same dwarf tha’ arrived on thes island, several decades ago? By the Gods, has et been tha’ long alreadeh? Obviously nay. I’ve changed, a lot.

‘ow could I have gone from a walker of tha forests ter a metalworking warrior? Well I met Jeri an’ Edgar, an’ I ded served un’er their command fer several years, further explanations should nay be needed. I believe et was during me time as an engineer of the Circle Defence Forces tha’ the last drop of divine energy, the source, left me. I blame none except for meself fer that. I make me own choices and I will ‘ave ter deal with tha consequences. As me contact with nature faded, so did me contact with MK-001 come ter an end… he was a faithful friend. Was it wrong of me ter release hem? I think nay, he was old an’ tierd… and it was his own choice… he wanted to move on. It is strange… so strange… when I built him I thought; “thes one well fight at me side fer as long as I’m strong enough ter swing me hammer”. Hehehe, I thought the same of Saerin, I won’er where he is nuw… last I saw him he was playing with a big sword, attempting ter have et fight fer him…

*Murin chuckles to himself*

Very creative lad, Saerin… I do miss hem and his snappy comments. He woul’ ‘ave enjoyed tha recent events… I stell can’t believe we actually stole the Lady of Poisonwood… wha’ were we thenking? Wha’ was I thinking? Thes impulsiveness isn’t good. I must ‘ave I picked it up while under Jeri’s command. Certainly dedn’ peck et up from Edgar… Hmmm, tha CDF years… those were good those years. I miss tha lot of them… Bu’ I am serving Hammersong now, Hammersong alone. Et feels easier to serve Hammersong rather than to serve Thain as a whole. The CDF woul’ always meddle with thengs we actually had nothing ter do with, except that we wanted the best for Thain. We were not always welcome when we arrived sumewhere. Et was probably because they thought Jeri might do something impulsive and make a mess, and of course tha’ was vereh likely of actually happening. Jeri often managed to fix it somehow though, he was great at that… fixing thengs.
Lefse
9:49:32 pm GMT 01/31/13
Lefse Kamel
With his pipe in his mouth, a needle in his right hand and leather glove in his left Murin was once again sitting in his favourite chair in the Halls of the Stewards of Hammersong. The gloves were almost finished now, he just needed to attach the thin mithral plates and they would be ready for use. Murin looked the gloves over for a moment.

Specially designed fer Rishkin... Fer a man with a enfected bone arm he sure keeps a good mood. I still canna believe he woul’ nay let Furin chop et off... A mithral arm loike Jeri’s would be much easier ter keep clean an’ everythen’. Fair enough thes arm es charged with energy, bu’ so was Jeri’s arm. The negative energy sure useful, at least fer them necromancers, healin’ their minons an’ harmen’ their opponents. Ef meh onleh coul’ find a way ter create a golemcore charged with negative energy... A golem tha’ could be recharged with negative energy, nuw tha’ woul’ be sumethen’, hmm...

Murin took out his pipe and took a deep breath. He put the pipe back in his mouth and stroked his beard while he narrowed his eyes, looking into the burning fire ahead of him. He picked up the great tome that was leaning towards his chair and opened it.

Hells, ef Jeri coul’ make cores tha’ would react positively on positive energy, then et shoul’ nay be tha’ bloodeh hard fer meh ter make a core reacting positively on negative energy, eh? Sume doesn’ thenk negative energy es sumethen’ ter meddle with. Pft, why nay? Energy es energy. Oi’m nay priest, ef meh coul’ manipulate positive energy en tha manner a priest could, meh would! Tha fact es meh canna... Tha negative sort though, tha’s sumethen’ tha a wizard can manipulate.

Murin reads from his copy of The Work of Jeri Theed Orman

wrote ...

Ormanite

This is the alloy that surrounds the core of most Circle Defense Forces golems, including Heavy Metal. It was created originally by Jeri Theed Orman by infusing purified steel with raw Weave energy and tiny blessings of the Light. Ormanite darkens and pits when struck with negative energy, and shines and emits power when struck with positive energy, somewhat similar to the reaction of a positive energy based being (such as your everyday mortal).

Because most units bear this attached to their self repair protocols, healing potions and divine spells actually boost their systems and force repairs at an increased rate, allowing the C.D.F. and their allies to repair golems with positive energy alone (though the visceral feel of forging steel is still an option for structural repairs).

Ormanite can also be made through the donation of a completely willing soul to purified steel, binding the spirit in question to the tiny bit of material. While the effect of this can vary or even be nonexistent, if the soul in question has great willpower, then can sometimes impart arcane manipulation upon their master. An example of this is the power of the spirit Idons Lypgut, Jeri Theed Orman's spectral companion.

Murin closed the book and leaned it towards his chair. He looked at it for a moment.

Meh wonder ef meh really was allowed ter take thes... meh dedn’ really steal et, jus’ copied et. Well meh ded anyway, thes en’ tha “Usual Suspects” folder. Hehe, Edgar woul’ nay loike et ef meh told hem. On tha other hand, Jeri ded teach meh an’ since I canna ask hem thengs anymore thes es tha onleh theng tha’ can give me answeres. Or... that is not entierleh true, Rishkin never refused me help or advice. But unlike Jeri, he has little knowledge of golems. He knows a fair bet of necromancy an’ negative energy though.

Further into the Halls Murin could hear the Lady of Poisonwood grasping the bars of her cell and shaking them, most likely in frustration and anger. Murin smiled behind his beard as he picked up the gloves and stood up. Time to attach that mithral and finish this thing, Rishkin had been waited long enough.
Lefse
12:32:56 am GMT 07/12/13
Lefse Kamel
Imagine tha’… golems powered by negative energy. Et worked…

Murin smiled as he lit his pipe and began to puff on it.

All tha’ toime spent testin’ ‘ad finalleh payed off. Hrm, MK-064, or Mark as Rishkin instisted on callin’ hem, worked perfectly. Some do feel a bit strange beein’ around hem, though et’s nay big issue… at least fer nuw. Except fer mehself, none spend much toime with hem anyway.

Puffing a cloud of smoke, Murin twisted a golden ring with a red gemstone. The gemstone radiated a dull red light. The ring served its purpose quite well too, protecting Murin from the negative energy MK-064 radiates.

An’ nuw Orin wan’s a golem. Woul’ ‘ave ter go with a positive energy core fer thes one. A good aligned spirit, nay an enemy loike Mark once was… Bloody hell, damn et Rishkin! … loike MK-064 once was. MK-064 was once a duergar, but nuw… nuw et es a slave ter meh will an’ meh will onleh. Ne’er shall Mar… MK-064 point hes weapons at a dwarf of Hammersong. He shall fight with us, against tha greys and them damned pointy-ears in Poisonwood…

Hmm, Poisonwood, they beh a bold bunch. Stell cannah figure ou’ why tha Poisonwood warrior woul’ attack meh so far away from tha woods. Either he was an ally of tha blasted demon or he knew we got tha Lady. Both es quite possible. Too bad he go’ away, he could keep hes Lady companeh. At least tha bloody demon es gone, or… ‘aven’ seen’er en a while, bu’ them demons ‘ad a way ter reappear.

And’ then there es these bloody dragonkins waltzing aroun’… bloody hell. An’ tha worst part, people seem ter trust these buggers. Well ter be fair sume jus’ follow tha “as long as dey don’ bother me, I ain’ botherin’ them”, bu’ stell. Hrm… Korvallis does ‘ave a point though, everyone ain’ tha same. Oi’ve always hated the Ravens Watch and Krell, the whole gang. Perhaps Korvallis es righ’… ter destroy tha whole town well create more harm than good. All thives on Thain scattered aroun’ tha island an’… well per’aps there es sume innocents en tha Watch. Hrm… my view on the Watch may be too radical…
Lefse
11:24:31 pm GMT 07/22/13
Lefse Kamel
”Bloody hell stay still bloodeh pipe!“

The pipe fell out of his lap and down on the ground, spilling the tobacco. Murin looked up and coughed carefully. There were just a few wounded hoplites to keep him company at the infirmary, and now they were all looking at him curiously. Murin muttered a gruffly ”Sorreh…” before he picked up the pipe. He placed it between his knees and began once more to stuff it with tobacco.

Why ded meh do such a foolish theng? Oi’m nay juggler, Oi’m a blacksmith, an engineer! Erhg… wha’s done ‘s done. Stell, shouldn’ ‘ave bloodeh happened.

Murin let out a deep sigh.

At leas’ tha sword turned out good… loike Alessan put et the edge was sharp enough… Le’s ‘ope he can keep ‘es word, both abou’ puttin’ tha sword ter good use ... WHY DED ME ‘AVE TER START JUGGELIN’ ET AROUN?! Yer nay a fool, Murin, stop doin’ bloodeh foolish thengs! Loike meh father always said; wha’s done es done an’ eaten is eaten, nuthen’ ter do abou’ et nuw.

He let out another sigh as he closed his pouch of tobacco and attached it to his belt. Murin placed the pipe in his mouth and lit it with a simple spell.

Thenk abou’ sumethen’ else… loike wha’? So bloodeh stupid, yer nay a juggler Murin! Sumethen’ else nuw… Mark needs sume modification. All tha’ dust realleh pu’ hem ou’… dust an’ dirt en all of hes joints and hes integrated circuits es pretteh much ruined. Per’aps Mark woul’ be be’er off without such an armour and per’aps with different weapons. Perha’ps ‘ave hem thunderstruck hes targets with bolts of lightnen’ or maybe shoot great balls of fire? Oi stell ‘ave sume of tha’ sulphur… Worth testen’ meh suppose. Tough thes woul’ make Marks existence moot, tha idea with Mark was ter ‘ave a tough bugger of a guard ter deal send in as a single infantry unit servin’ as an aggressive shield. Well, meh can always construct another one… per’aps jus’ keep thes one runnen’ on positive energy. Et’s enough ter ‘ave one golem runnin’ on negative, at least fer tha toime beein’… untel more of ets behaviour ‘ad been noted and discovered, Mark es after all a prototype.

Bu’ an Iron Golem, loike tha one Khalador go’, nuw tha’ woul’ be sumethen’. Per’aps tha’ woul’ suit Orin too… could always make two. Hrmm… Orin would loike an Iron Golem, send in tha golem an’ shoot loike mad with tha’ crossbow of hes. On tha other ‘and, thes doesn’ solove tha issue, Mark needs ter beh replaced, quickleh. An especially nuw, Oi’m lackin’ a bloody arm… thank Moradin et wasn’t meh right arm. Oi can stell swing a hammer, bu’ meh balance es nay wha’ et was. Per’aps ets toime ter dig up tha ol’ plate… Et’s gonna beh a bloodeh nightmare ter pu’ on… Sumethen’ should be done abou’ tha’ make et simpler. He managed ter store Angaz Barag within a fullplate, ‘an Angdor Dur Nyr lies within a bloody old bracer, well a fullplate should be able ter rest within’ a bracer too. Et well take sume study though, bu’ hey, tha’s half tha fun, eh? Ter work on projects tha’ seems impossible. Speakin’ of impossible, per’aps sumethen’ of enterest can be found en Jeris old notes… oh well. Rest ferst, projects later.

Lefse
2:56:28 pm GMT 09/03/13
Lefse Kamel
Murin is once more sitting in the halls of the Stewards, puffing on his pipe.

”Are ye goen’ ter build yer self a new one?” dey ask meh. Heh, et’s nay as though meh do nay want a new arm, bu’ people seem ter thenk et es farileh easeh. Oi’ve built golems an’ aye, meh can make ‘em function well enough. Bu’ thes esn’ just another golem, et’s a lifeless arm tha’ needs ter beh connected ter meh own mind... Et doesn’ sound loike sumethen’ ye slam tegther an’ jus’ do. Oi know et has been done en tha’ past. Jeri ded et. Drudo mus’ have done et, as he go’ sume sort of a mechanical device of an arm hemself. Jeri es dead, bu’ tha schematics of hes mithral arm shouldn’ beh hard ter foind. As fer Drudo, he es stell alive, per’aps he would allow meh ter studeh hes arm, or even see the schematics. Et would be entereten’ at least. Oi wonder wha’ materials he used...

Murin moves his right hand toward where his left bicep used to be and is about to scratch it, but his hand just hits his ribs instead. He jumps slightly before he shudders. He quickly glances around him before he drifts back into his own thoughts.

Carter suggested ter combine mithral, adamantine and tumbaga. Hell, Oi do nay even know ef tha’ es possible. Creative lad though, thes Gideon Carter. Seems ter know hes craft pretteh well, Furin seemed ter approved of et too. Gideon suggested celestialcrystals as a source of power an’ ter use ‘em psystones ter connect et ter mehself. Et migh’ beh possible. Oi know there es power within tha celestialcrystals, Oi’ve used ‘em ter create protective wards on armours an’ enchant magical blades. Bu’ ter use ‘em as a pure powersource, without side effects, nuw tha’s a challenge... Counselling with others will of course be necessary. Thorbin may ‘ave sume suggestions. Redcloak would also beh worth seekin’ out, concernin’ tha celestial crystals. Gharos too migh’ ‘ave done sume experimentin’ with tha crystals. An’ ofcourse, Jeris notes.

Though there beh other projects Oi need ter continue. Orins golem es stell nay worken’ as entended. More testin’ will beh required. An’ there es tha poisonwoodplate meh found. Et would ‘ave ter beh disassembled an’ then resized ter fit. Tha enchantments bestowed upon et es without doubt powerful. Oi hope dey well remain.

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 24
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: IntrepidSword
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Ty'lara
2. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
3. Seth Galanderos
4. Arakhor