Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:




[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  11 hours ago

    The IC posts over the Crater Lake events for Nature Night are finally finished!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  11 hours ago

    !lol

    It really was something..a bit like a can..that the Sandworms went into !

    Magic and Gnomish Technology to the rescue!

  • Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  12 hours ago

    *chuckles* Love the name of the most recent NN, Scratch!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  18 hours ago

    Nature Night will start in about 2 hours!

    Please join us in the Wild Grove in Grauer Suden.

    I will be IG as Dauken. Feel free to shoot me a tell with any questions. smile

  • AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  1 day ago

    Hi Scratch!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

    Amber!

  • AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  2 days ago

    *wave* @Vaerdryan grin

  • Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  3 days ago

    Omg! I spy an Avarith!!! grin

  • Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

    DORF night has kicked off with epic bouts of arm wrestling!

  • archgrendel
    archgrendel  3 days ago

    Payne is just jealous wink


Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Fortress in the Sand

1 2 3 4 
LAN_402 LAN_403
NightBlade
5:28:46 am GMT 10/02/10
NightBlade Registered Member #1476 Joined: 9:02:11 pm GMT 08/16/09
Posts: 455
The sun beat down on the tents and ruined buildings of the Waste camp as Aaron and Corah entered the compound. The sands were quiet, aside from a few of the magic wielding bugs that blocked their path to the camp. They made their way through the tents nodding to the guards as they sat around the camp for their midday meal. Grunts, nods, and waves were offered in response to Aaron’s greetings to the soldiers that he passed on his way towards the back of the camp. A smile grew on his face as he spied the stack of crates containing supplies for the camp that had recently arrived. Noting some of the crates and barrels that had been sent by the Bastions to resupply the troops, Aaron nodded with satisfaction that the shipments had all made it safely to the intended destination.

From his talks with Carylduil, Aaron knew that his intention was to not only resupply and refit the troops, but also to improve the very camp itself. Quite the task, as the soldiers could not be spared from their duties and tasks to perform the improvements. Additional hands would be required to complete this endeavor. The Bastions had pledged their support, though that would not be enough. Andras was at the camp and had spoken to Carylduil and Aaron as they discussed aiding the Empyrean camp, and he would be contacted. Though, he was sure he did not need to ask for the aid of the Keepers as, in his mind, they would most likely offer it. Other groups would be contacted as well. Having returned south and while sitting a moment in the Trade with pen and parchment, Aaron made a list of those he was aware of to contact. The Keepers, Stewards of Hammersong, The Rightsized Maidens and Knights, CDF, The School of Magic, Amalgam Order, as well as the Tel’Varataurie. Others may be contacted as well, as any willing to aid would be welcome.

Communication would be sent to these groups to attempt to enlist their aid in improving the camp’s defenses, supplying the troops, and aiding in the Empyrean’s mission of protecting the island from threat of that which dwelt in the sands. He hoped, as he penned the letters to the various groups, that aid would be offered and soon. The letters were soon sent out by foot runners, as Aaron made his way to his home in Hamley for rest.


To the members of (Enter name of group here: The Keepers, Stewards of Hammersong, The Rightsized Maidens and Knights, CDF, The School of Magic, Amalgam Order, Tel’Varataurie)

My name is Aaron Lyonaler, High Knight of the Bastions of Light. The Bastions of Light are a fellowship of men and women who fight for those who stand in need of protection and aid. I send this letter to you now, as there is a group on the island that has need of aid. The Empyrean soldiers stationed at the camp in the Wastes are, and have been, in need of assistance. The camp has pleaded for aid in supplies for some time now, and it is time to heed this call. The camp is in need of increased defenses and supplies as they fulfill their duty to defend the island from that which lurks in the sands. I call upon any who is willing to lend aid in this. There is a great need of those skilled in construction, healing, combat, even in entertainment; as this is often over looked, but can do much to lift the spirit.

Let us lend our aid to these soldiers who perform their duty in such harsh conditions everyday with little recognition. Let us take action to improve their living conditions, make their camp a safer place, and ensure that they are supplied with those things that are necessary. It takes great people to do great things. Let us come together to show all in the land what can be done through team work, let this be a time of cooperation, of charity, of aid, of brotherhood. We all know that the lands are plagued with hardships and disasters. Let us come together now to make a change, one step at a time. In union there is strength. It has been said that many hands make light work, let us work together to swiftly offer our aid to those in need of it. With such a coalition of people working towards the betterment of the land, there are endless possibilities of what we can accomplish.

Please send word of your reply to my estate in Hamley or left with Bence of the Trade and Tackle. A meeting should be conducted to gather thoughts and decide on actions to be taken in this matter. If I or any of my fellowship can, in any way, aid you; please do not hesitate to ask.

May the light bless you
Aaron Lyonaler
High Knight of the Bastions of Light
Back to top
Ramana Jala
8:50:38 pm GMT 10/02/10
Ramana Jala Registered Member #1033 Joined: 12:18:42 am GMT 04/25/07
Posts: 1103
Willow forwarded the missive to the Tel'Varataurie to Jalla.

Jalla was of course prepared to lend whatever aid she could, and decided to see if she could find Diego of the Rainy Day Do-Gooders, to see if they still had any stock of foodstuffs and various supplies that they could distribute to the beleaguered Empyreans in the Wastes.
Back to top
Ramana Jala
10:28:15 pm GMT 10/05/10
Ramana Jala Registered Member #1033 Joined: 12:18:42 am GMT 04/25/07
Posts: 1103
Finding the office empty that Diego had rented during the height of the relief projects by the Rainy Day Do-Gooders, and no sign of Diego himself, Jalla stopped in to the School to ask Kaeridris if he knew what the situation was with Diego's organization.

Kaeridris replied that since the relief projects had died down, what with the Sandburrow Bay and Hamley starting to get crop production back up to sufficient levels to supply the Island, Diego had left to go back to the mainland for a while. He hadn't elaborated his reasons, although Kaeridris suspected that he had hooked up with some distant associates in some project there. Diego had left Simony, who was so capable with the School accounts and funding, in charge of the RDDG accounts, and Kaeridris with administrative management.

Jalla asked how much food and medical supplies were available, or still capable of being imported, explaining the letter she'd received about the situation out west with the Empyreans.

Kaeridris called Simony into the office, and asked him to retrieve the current tabulations of the food and other stocks, which the polite and efficient accountant did speedily. Looking over the well-kept ledger, Kaeridris told Jalla that they didn't have much importing going on at the moment, nor much food in storage, mostly only a small portion that had been allocated to relief for the poor in Lowtown, including contributions to the orphanage. But they could easily import more, or they could see if they could get a better relationship going on with the replenished Bay or Hamley food productions.

Jalla said that an inquiry to the Bay or Hamley might be a good start, to see if they had enough food production yet to supply the Empyreans better. Donations could be solicited for such an operation, although for many reasons it might be better to obtain another office outside of the School to separate the RDDG from the School, before embarking on a fund drive.

At this point Jalla glanced over to Simony, who had been listening and helping Kaeridris find the informations that they needed. Jalla asked Simony if he kindly might go find Seraphina, as Jalla needed to speak with her.

When Simony had left, Jalla closed the door to Kaeridris' office and lowered her voice. She started to explain to Kaeridris that they needed more people for their various projects, and they needed to keep the School out of seeming directly involved with those projects. Kaeridris nodded in understanding. Jalla went on to suggest that Diego's foreman, Hilfgar Wells, should be promoted to Acting Manager of the Rainy Day Do-Gooders, and found an office separate from the School. That Kaeridris could continue to make the big decisions in Diego's stead, but secretly, avoiding any appearance of being involved. And that Simony could continue to be the Financial Manager for both the School and the RDDG, but that he should also act like they are not connected, but two separate accounting jobs.

Kaeridris agreed that it was a sound and necessary plan, and that he would see to it forthwith.
Back to top
Virahor
8:46:21 am GMT 10/08/10
Virahor Registered Member #1075 Joined: 10:48:57 pm GMT 06/19/07
Posts: 791
Tanner's Alley was just a short walk from Kaeridris' old home in the city on Fownes Lane, but the stench made a world of difference to the price, especially if you were solely relying on donations. The landlord, the same gruff portly fellow Kaeridris seemed to encounter on every continent, was overly curious about his new tenants, as the smell had driven every other prospective tenant away. Hilfgar acquitted himself well against his questions, and convinced him that they would be able to pay their way. Kaeridris was left undisturbed and un-noticed to inspect the rest of the property. The apartment was small, but serviceable. This room would be the office, and they could put a cot in the other with a small table, for Hilfgar to rest in.

Twenty minutes later the door clicked shut, and through the window Kaeridris watched Hilfgar return to the School. He and Simony would be back soon with the RDDG's various documents, records and miscellanea. He sat on the floor in the centre of the room, and began to shape the incantations that would drive out the stench permeating the very stones in the walls, and keep it at bay outside the window. A legend tells that these incantations, when worked by the devout, don't produce an odourless region, but one filled with the musty smell of old parchment and the sweetness of the glue used to bind papers into books instead, the very smell of the House of Knowledge. However, no follower of Oghma has ever tolerated anyone moving their books around for long enough to test this.
Back to top
NightBlade
10:45:59 pm GMT 10/11/10
NightBlade Registered Member #1476 Joined: 9:02:11 pm GMT 08/16/09
Posts: 455
No word had been received in regards to the call sent some time ago. Things would take time, of course, Consultation, consideration, deliberation, then decisions. This would not dissuade him nor the Bastions from applying themselves to the aid of the camp. Time, patience, understanding would be the best course in this matter. “Time..” He nodded to himself, “Allow more time.”
Back to top
C_McG
12:39:15 am GMT 10/12/10
C_McG *lurks from behind the screen*
Registered Member #682 Joined: 11:18:25 pm GMT 01/09/06
Posts: 2818
Bigrin reads over the letter from Aaron and pens a short reply.


Aaron,

I am writing to let you know that I have received your request. Your letter has been posted for those in the school that have the time to aid you to make sure to get in touch with you and offer their services.

If you have a specific need or request to make of the school, feel free to do so. We will try to aid as we are able. I will also try to be in the northern reaches as I can more often, but current events do tend to keep me in the south.

Here are hopes that a solution to your problem can be found.

Regards,
Bigrin

With the note complete, he adds it to the pile to deliver to Bence the next time he is near the Crossroads.

Then he writes another note and posts it, along with the letter from Aaron, in the sitting room of the school.


To All Instructors and Students,

If you are willing and able, we have a request to help the group known as the Bastions of Light. Please read the letter below, if you feel you are able to assist, please do.

Regards,
Bigrin
Back to top
Ramana Jala
1:09:55 am GMT 10/12/10
Ramana Jala Registered Member #1033 Joined: 12:18:42 am GMT 04/25/07
Posts: 1103
Hilfgar Wells, new Acting Manager of the Rainy Day Do-Gooders, sat himself down in his new office, looking around at the various boxes of files. The pay raise for his new position was modest but appropriate enough for his new responsibilities, and he had gotten a paid room in the contract --not too bad a deal all around, especially after Headmaster Kaeridris had fumigated the place. And Hilfgar understood the variable nature of donations, but he had always been paid, sooner or later. Also, he had Kaeridris' word that neither his pay, nor most of the authority, would be reduced even when Diego returned to take back administrative management from Master Kaeridris.

Hilfgar believed in the charitable work, and was a kind and patient man, always a virtue when dealing with others. He was however glad that he wouldn't be required to do any of the accounting, as he was a man of action, not of paperworks. But he would be required to write a short letter every once in a while, and this was one of those times. He had learned his letters better at the School, enough to be capable. So, after only a moment of thought, he scribed a short to-the-point letter, to be sent out in the Island mail.

Mr. Aaron Lyonaler
Bastions of Light
Hamley

Dear Mr. Lyonaler,

Your request for aid for the western camp of the Empyreans has found its way to the Rainy Day Do-Gooders, of which I am the Acting Manager, on behalf of Diego Merletto who is away at this time.

I do believe that we can help. Please give me a little time to arrange things, and I will get back to you. If you desire to speak with me, my modest office is at Number 2-A Tanner's Alley in Steinkreis.

Kind Regards,

Hilfgar Wells
Rainy Day Do-Gooders
Back to top
NightBlade
5:57:35 am GMT 10/15/10
NightBlade Registered Member #1476 Joined: 9:02:11 pm GMT 08/16/09
Posts: 455
Receiving the each of the letters via currier to his estate, Aaron sat in the grand hall penning a reply to both. A small smile as he made his way to deliver the letters to the Roadhouse for delivery, Aaron was glad to see some progress in this endeavor.

Hilfgar Wells
2-A Tanner's Alley
Steinkreis

I am glad to hear that word has spread. I as well as those stationed at the Empyrean camp appreciate any aid that can be offered. The primary request is for food stuffs and healing supplies, though anything that can be donated is welcome. The goods can be sent to Hamley, where my men will escort it to the camp, unless you would prefer to send it directly. In either case security is paramount and guards should be hired for its transport, if you chose to send it directly. If you have further questions for me feel free to ask.

May the Light bless you.


Aaron Lyonaler
High Knight, Bastions of Light



Head Master Bigrin Zedelnor
School of Magic
Greenvale

I wish to offer my thanks for your response to my letter. Any aid the school can offer is appreciated. Master Carylduil has spent his time over the past months aiding the soldiers posted at the camp in the Wastes. He seeks to refit the armor of the guards as well as increase the defenses of the camp. Any aid that those of the school can offer in this endeavor would help further that goal. No plans have been laid yet for construction at this point. Though, if any of the school wishes to help in this they can contact me or Carylduil at the camp. The school is full of great minds, and we would welcome all the ideas possible to accomplish this task.

Thank you for your time in this matter. May the light bless you.

Aaron Lyonaler
High Knight, Bastions of Light
Back to top
NightBlade
12:01:39 am GMT 10/23/10
NightBlade Registered Member #1476 Joined: 9:02:11 pm GMT 08/16/09
Posts: 455
With a few responses from the letter he had sent out to various groups on the island, Aaron turned his attention to other ways to aid the camp. He had discussed the condition of the camp and its defenses with Carylduil sometime ago and on occasion with Grayven Wolff. With the promise of supplies from the Rainy Day Do-Gooders, perhaps supplies of another nature could be acquired? Construction materials would be needed if the walls and defenses were to be improved upon, which brought his thoughts to Sandburrow Bay and Hammersong. The Dwarves were well known for their craftsmanship and skill with a hammer and Sandburrow Bay had recently been built; perhaps workers could be hired and materials available could be purchased for this endeavor.

A letter is written and left on the table of the Bastion's guild hall for Grayven to see the next time he returned from patrol to report.


Grayven

After our talks about the defenses of the Waste camp, I feel it is time to begin perusing materials and craftsmen to move this forward. I would like you to take charge of assembling the necessary components and perhaps employ workers for this effort. Gather Dale and Jim if possible to help in this task. I would suggest contacting Red Cloak in Hammersong and Mayor Greenleaf of Sandburrow Bay to inquire on this. If you require my aid or funds for this please let me know. I will await your report on this.

Aaron Lyonaler
High Knight
Back to top
GearsOfMadness
12:29:32 pm GMT 10/26/10
GearsOfMadness Clockwork Madness
Registered Member #1485 Joined: 8:44:37 pm GMT 10/23/09
Posts: 1254
[ image disabled ]

The camp shift change came and a sigh of utter contempt overcame Dias as he gazed out upon the Holy Men and their fortification out in the Wasteland. Since his coming to the isle and discovering the desert, he looked on them as wayward cattle which would eventually be stomped out. The idea of these Westerners trying to survive in the sands brought a smile to his face, only because he saw the trying as futile.

“My guild and I have been trying to get supplies for this camp for a few weeks.”

The words of a Bastion and the conversation to follow, again rang in his ears. A memory from only a short while ago. This Grayven, a Holy Knight of the Bastion order, his guild’s people, and even the Magic School’s Carylduil sought to aid these people in their plight. The information yielded those few days ago was very useful to Dias. While he often traveled the sands, seldom did he pay much mind to the Holy Men, thinking they would die out on their own rate. In recent days, that had changed and his eyes watched their patrols and movements more steady.

He had come to notice the supplies showing up about the camp, but even more, the beasts of the sands appeared .. riled, angered. He thought about the swarm of dune stalkers which had set upon the camp not long ago and how they raged in almost a berserker frenzy, rivaling event that of the barbarian tribes. Investigation would be needed soon. While Dias was not one to shy from hunting in the sands, if the hunt became a crusade by normal men; it would endanger the one place on the isle he called home.

He turned and set off to travel deeper into the desert in search of answers.
Back to top
1 2 3 4 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
Online
  • Guests: 15
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: lazaro
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Pascheine Pharysene
2. Dele Ondre Blackle
3. Seth von Hendricks
4. Xauriic Draaz
Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org