Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  10 hours ago

The IC posts over the Crater Lake events for Nature Night are finally finished!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  10 hours ago

!lol

It really was something..a bit like a can..that the Sandworms went into !

Magic and Gnomish Technology to the rescue!

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  11 hours ago

*chuckles* Love the name of the most recent NN, Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  17 hours ago

Nature Night will start in about 2 hours!

Please join us in the Wild Grove in Grauer Suden.

I will be IG as Dauken. Feel free to shoot me a tell with any questions. smile

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  1 day ago

Hi Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

Amber!

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  2 days ago

*wave* @Vaerdryan grin

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  3 days ago

Omg! I spy an Avarith!!! grin

• Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

DORF night has kicked off with epic bouts of arm wrestling!

• archgrendel
    archgrendel  3 days ago

Payne is just jealous wink

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

A Touch of Evil

1 2 3 4  last
LAN_402 LAN_403
Lefse
9:34:33 am GMT 06/03/10
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Disclaimer: This thread might include evil/torture/misdeeds

He was walking the familiar way northwards, his magical cloak wrapped around himself. Any moment now he would see her, standing there in her plain black robes leaning casually on her staff. He took a few more steps. How he despised that wretched woman. She was everything he hated; arrogant, way to confident and at the top of it all; a High Priestess of Bane.

Ten new steps were taken. The steps felt heavy and uncomfortable, as if someone just had filled them with stone. He could see her now, standing there in her arrogant pose. She looked like she usually looks like; like she really owns everything and everyone within her sight.

Ten new steps were taken, and he was now ten new steps closer to her. He was sweating. He was rarely nervous before he was about to do such things as this, to take lives, but taking the life of a High Priest of Bane could not be an easy task.
She thinks she is unbreakable, but this would change now. He reached for his dagger, lifting it above his head, ready to break stealth and to strike. Suddenly the world began to swirl, both himself and Nasmat were sucked into a vortex.

[ image disabled ]
Lefse
1:07:04 pm GMT 06/03/10
Lefse Kamel
How he hated that dream. He sat up in his bed and dried away sweat from his face with a towel. He had been having it since the day he decided to take action against that wretched woman. Why where he having these dreams or visions or whatever they were? He got up and started to walk back and forth past his bed.

Perhaps it was warnings… perhaps was some divine vision trying to stop him from committing the deed? Or was he just really this obsessed with hurting Nasmat that he had started to dream about it?

This was frustrating. He tugged his hair as he walked back and forth. He felt the urge to shift again… he checked that the door was locked. He reached out and wiggled his fingers as they extended. Knuckles cracked as they grew, he could feel his neck stretching. Scales began to sprout out all over his body, starting with his face. His deep green eyes spun like crazy, changing color to yellow.

He let out a sigh of relief as he looked into the mirror at the tall lizardman that was looking back at him. Shifting always made him calmer. At first it was only painful, but now he had began to enjoy it. It felt like the thoughts could run more smoothly now, he felt less tense and could relax.

In the dream he always failed to kill her. Or in other words; he never started; it always ended just as he raised his knife. If these dreams he had been having really was some form of divine warnings, perhaps it would be wiser to do this more quietly. It did make some sense, someone was trying to warn him from doing this in the open. He nodded at this, agreeing with himself; preparations would have to be made in order to make this work.

As he continued to think this through he noted down things that would be needed to take care of.
Razon’s note wrote ...

- Where to keep her?
* Antimagic Field

He threw himself back onto the bed, looking over the green scales covering his hands. Location first, but later.
GladeRune
10:03:00 pm GMT 06/03/10
GladeRune Registered Member #1557 Joined: 7:19:57 pm GMT 03/21/10
A few miles away from where Razon was, Tarlyn was having similar dreams. Obviously over the fact that she was in his head all the while, constantly.
Lefse
3:01:25 pm GMT 06/06/10
Lefse Kamel
Razon was sitting on his bed again, preparing himself mentally for what was about to happen this night. Several weeks had passed since the last dream he had about murdering Nasmat. It was very strange. Perhaps the warnings had stopped because he now had things more organized? Or perhaps they had stopped because he himself was not so worried anymore? That the dreams weren’t divine warnings, but simply warnings from himself? Because now, he knew all he needed to know. He knew where she went shopping, where she sold the loot after raiding, who she took with her on small walks and her attitude towards having bodyguards.

He moved over the door and checked that it was locked before he took a deep breath and allowed his body to shift. He felt his knuckles shrink, making cracking sounds as they did. His left hand slowly turned black and like some black creature moving swiftly up his arm the black color colored his entire body. His hair paled and turned completely white. Like he always did when he shifted in his room, he turned around to look into the mirror on the wall. A dark elf was staring back at him. He shuddered and felt goosebumbs crawl down his back on his arms.

He shook his head and said to himself “Focus!” On shorter trips all she brought with her was an animated skeleton; an easy foe if one knew how to deal with it. A scroll of Dismissal would take care of her guard. He also knew that she sold her loot at the old Celestial Temple a perfect place to strike. The perfect location to hold her had also been found. He found it while taking a walk in the forest north of the old temple. A few hours ago he had seen her leave on an expedition to raid the ogre. She must be on her way back now. He got up, looking around himself restlessly, checking if he had forgotten something. No, everything was where it should be, the scroll in his left sleeve, the smoke bombs in his pockets. With a last glance at the bed, he wrapped his cloak around himself and headed outside as quietly as he could.

He arrived at the old Celestial Temple finding the spot among the trees and waited. He could feel his body shift into the shape of a lizardman again, closing his eyes as he shifted. He felt the scales sprout and his bones grow. He shuddered, oh, how he enjoyed this feeling. Now the sun had set too, it was almost completely dark… perfect. He tilted his head slightly to the left and waited for Nasmat to appear.
Lefse
11:08:08 am GMT 06/08/10
Lefse Kamel
Finally after almost an hour of waiting, she appeared with her animated friend. He grasped tighter around the whip he were wielding and moved forward, ready to strike at any moment now, keeping hidden from the skeleton.

[ image disabled ]

He lifted his whip with a hand on each end and threw it over her head and tightened the whip, chocking her.

[ image disabled ]
[ image disabled ]

He turned to look for the skeleton, but it was already gone. Darn it! Oh well, the skeleton could not do much, it could not even speak. He snorted as he considered this while chocking Nasmat until she was unconscious. She waved a lot with her arms in panic, tugging the whip and trying to stop him by reaching back for his head. It was rather annoying, but did not stop him.

Once she was unconscious he pushed her down to the ground and bound her hands and ankles before he tied the whip to the rope over her ankles. He checked that the whip was sitting tight before he dragged her with him into the forest.

[ image disabled ]
Dontella
4:37:09 pm GMT 06/08/10
Dontella Registered Member #1004 Joined: 12:54:02 pm GMT 03/16/07
Warning: Posts may have evil scheming, torture references, arguments of fake religions (Cyric/Bane), and generally acting like jerks.

---------------

Jarron's skeleton moved forward instantly to guard his mistress, until a silent command issued from her to check the woods for more. Understanding her wish to deal with this upstart on her own, the skeleton turned back to see what other threats waited out of sight.

As the skeleton searched, suddenly it seemed as if the will of his mistress stopped entirely. He started to waver, before a new will took hold of him. It was his own soul that was giving commands, and while he could still feel the mistress in his mind, she had fallen to silence.

He moved from the trees to where she had been, only to find the grass disturbed with no sign of either her or the lizard creature present. The skeleton moved to search for some indication of where they had gone, and then grasped the blackened wood of his mistress' staff. It stung to take hold of, and he continued to look around but there was neither trace nor sign of his lady.

The call of his soul lured him, and with that he turned away.

[ image disabled ]
Dontella
4:41:57 pm GMT 06/08/10
[ image disabled ]
Dontella
4:44:37 pm GMT 06/08/10
[ image disabled ]

((OOC: Folks are welcome to get involved, so long as they are respectful to the RP of the other people involved, and there's no naughty meta-gaming in place. If you learn about this IC, and want to take part, feel free to post.))
Dontella
6:01:41 pm GMT 06/08/10
Foul tainted water struck her fully in the face, jerking the her back to focus with an abrupt chill. Putrid scents lingered on the air to give it a sickly tint of green, as she spit out the rancid contents that had been thrown over her.

A hand moved to try and wipe her face, moved.. and halted mid-air. A flicker of anger formed, as she became autely aware of the chains which wrapped about each slender wrist to bind them above and behind her. It bent the body and at awkward angle, pressing a strain to the shoulders so that it not only held her in place, but effectively minimized the ability to manuever to a more comfortable position.

[ image disabled ]

Talented, very talented..

"Hello Nasmat, are you feeling well?"

She knew that voice.. the man. Razon.. damn it, that accursed follower of Cyric. A silent curse lingered in her mind, but she would not allow that to show on her features or within her voice. Despite everything, she had to retain her calm.. and somehow gain control of this situation.

"What.. is the meaning of this?"

"Meaning of this? What do you think is the meaning of this?" He smiled, a cheerful annoying smile.

"A good question. What game are you playing?"

"Game? No, I'm afraid this is no game.. was in the past maybe, but not anymore."

"What is it now?"

"Now.. Now it has become quite serious. I've decided to get rid of you. And I'm hoping that the bloody network of yours will die with you. So I guess now we can call it a conflict rather than a game."

"And yet I am still here."

"Yes! You are quite correct! I've decided that a High Priestess of Bane deserves something else than a quick death." The tone bright, cheerful and mocking. He had the upper hand, it was true.. but she was not a woman to admit defeat. It was time to turn it against him.

"You should thank me."

"Thank you? Why would I do that?"

"For motivating you."

"What is that supposed to mean? Huh? Like all of this is some good thing for me? This is a good thing for me because it's happening to you. Whether you motivated me or not." An agitation was creeping into his voice, tone taking up an anxious quality. She wanted to laugh, but pushed on with the verbal onslaught, tone condescending and snide.

"I'm sure."

"See? This is one of the things I really hate about you.. you are arrogant and never seem to take a defeat for what it is.. You..You always try to turn things around.. but this time that wont work.. nope."

"You're already starting to crack."

"No, this is something else.."

He started to pace, and she wanted to laugh as the man pulled out a dagger. Yet he made no move against her, as his entire body began to twitch during the pacing back and forth. Oh how she laughed then, truly laughed.

"You can't handle the pressure."

He waved the blade at her, "SHUT UP!"

Another laugh.. this game was starting to amuse her finally. "No."

The twitching continued, no, it grew worse.. before his body seemed to collapse inwards upon itself. The cracking of bone filled the air as the frame collapsed inwards upon itself until a kobold stood where the man had just been.

"Mmm. So you're one of those."

Something about the act of changing form had calmed him, the twitching had ceased finally and there as a new measure of calm behind repitilain eyes.

"Yes I'm one of those, at least I'm not one of those who spread the word of filthy gods as Bane."

"When these chains break, I am going to unmake you. Do you understand?"

"We will see about that." A lunge forward, as the dagger sank into the curve of her left bicep solidly.

Agony suddenly filled her, a burning sensation flaring around the wound. She cast grey eyes down to peer at the injury, watching the blood pool on the stone. Yet that was not what held her gaze, no more importantly she stared at the angry blackened poison which was seeping into the veins of her body. "You think that's a punishment?"

"For now."

Enough, she was going to destroy him, now.. fire, acid, lighting.. all of it. Her lips moved in prayer a moment to call down the wrath of her honored Bane, before it sparkled and then.. fizzled upon the air into nothing.

The repitilain form of Razon smiled, "Yes.. I thought about that when I picked out the location."

"Well.. aren't you clever. Very well you amuse me for now"

"We are below Steinkreis.. So, I'm afraid calling for you Lord's powers will not work here."

Foolish, very foolish. She did not rely upon Bane alone to see her forward, there was plenty she could do upon her own. He was definately going to pay for this, of that she was completely certain. She smirked, striking at his weak points with her words.. "You won't be able to hold it together long enough to accomplish what you seek."

"Those predictions of yours annoy me greatly."

"Then this should be an amusing way to pass the time."

He growled, stabbing the blade suddenly into her left bicep to match the one on the right. More agonizing sensation filled her body as the venom in the blade was injected. But again she refused to show him that it hurt her.

"See what you made me do? Hm? Would you just be so kind as to shut it? Hm?"

"No."

"Now, I'm going to let this.. "stuff" sink in.. I don't really know what it is.. got the blade from some devil merchant.. rather happy fellow. Anyway. I'm going to let you enjoy the smell of this place while I get myself something to eat.. and an ale.. yes, an ale would be nice."

"Oh, but we were having so much fun."

"Don't worry, I'll be back soon.."
Dontella
6:23:00 pm GMT 06/08/10
Alone finally in the darkness, the terrible scents rising in the air about her.. she tugged with full might against the chains which held her fast. The awkward angle and body position did not give any leverage, resulting in a futile attempt that just made her shoulders and wrists ache for trying.

Her armor glinted dull across the way and rage filled her entirely. He had dared touch her to remove the plate, was insulting. She was infuriated beyond reason, yet right now she could not focus on such insults. A greater problem loomed that she needed to somehow resolve.

Blood continued to patter on the wooden boards below her, and from what she could see of her arm the poison was starting to take a strong hold.. marking the veins black. It was gnawing away at her slowly, working to eat away at her strength and endurnace, her will and her mind.. before it finally devoured her life. Right now she had to fight to stay coherent and keep the upper hand in this situation, no matter what came.

Her mind drifted, the scent of cinnamon filling the corridors of her thoughts for pleasant escape.. she did not even hear him return at first.

A touch on her arm, he was wrapping the wounds with dirtied bandages to further poison and promote infection in her body. Smirking she watched him a moment, then shook her head lightly as he departed again.

She could feel the burning inside her body, but will alone forced it back for now. The agony was great, but she had been trained to endure pain and hardship.. even to endure the worst of tortures that could ensue. It was certain.. He would not break her.
1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 11
  • Members: 2
  • Newest Member: lazaro
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Dele Ondre Blackle
2. Anyndel Schwartzdrak
3. Soterya Nirriti
4. Thyra Fastus