Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:




[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  6 hours ago

    Orc night in a little under 3 hours! Event is open to everyone!

  • Warlord Kro
    Warlord Kro  8 hours ago

    Player event will kick off in about two hours from now! Everyone welcome. Poke me in game if you want in. Everyone welcome.

  • Avatar6666
    Avatar6666  1 day ago

    tristan this is for you...https://discord.gg/wU9eEC

  • Kat
    Kat  1 day ago

    I won't believe he's back until i see him in game..Soon please..

  • Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  3 days ago

    Necro Night will be starting in about 2 hours from this post!

  • Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

    ECO!!!!!

  • Warlord Kro
    Warlord Kro  3 days ago

    He's back! *waves*

  • EcoTec
    EcoTec  3 days ago

    G'day Thain!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  5 days ago

    Nature Night will start in about 1 hour and 40 minutes . We will meet up in the Wild Grove of Grauer Suden.

    I will be IG as Dauken. Please shoot me a tell with any questions! smile

  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  1 week ago

    Orc night in 40 mins from time of this post. Anyone is welcome!


Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

(Preferred Customers) What happens in the alley...

LAN_402 LAN_403
Dizzy-D2
3:08:28 am GMT 04/08/10
Dizzy-D2 Registered Member #1536 Joined: 3:15:58 am GMT 02/15/10
Posts: 94
[ image disabled ]
*

Some alleyway within the slums

"Yes!" cheers a rather gaunt, middle aged man in less-than-new clothing as he beats the high roll of the dice, putting a large pile of gold in his favor. "I'm not goin' home empty handed tonight!"

A stout dwarf and a stocky man curse and throw their earnings towards the man.

"One more time. Ya can't win again. No' gonna 'appen!" the dwarf hollers as he slams down another handful of his own coins, as does the stocky man, jeering in behind him.

The gaunt man seems rather hesitant, lighting a strangely colored cigarette as he says, "I'm not too sure...I think I can live with this small fortune I've been so...lucky...to attain."

The two begin to mock the man
"Ooooooooh, skinny's 'fraid ta lose 'is arse!"

Taking in a deep drag from his cigarette while holding back a smirk, the gaunt man replies, "Well, good sir, I can't say I'm one who knows my limits." He gathers and rolls the die rather quickly and without a moment to spare.

"WOOO!" exclaims the man, clearly getting an undeniable roll. "Good challenge, ole fellas. I must really be going now" he states as he haphazardly gathers the dice first, followed by the heap of coins laid out before the group. "See you around!"

Veins pulse visibly through the heads of both competitors who are obviously angered by their loss
"Wha's tha hurray, lad?! Ya got som'in' ta hide?! Le' us see those dice ya got up so fast!"

Sweat beads down the side of the man's face
"I would love to, But I-I really must be go-"

The two block the exit, shove him to the narrow wall, and snatch the dice before he can spit the words from his mouth
"BLOODY RIGGED!" shouts the dwarf at the top of his lungs. "Oooh HOO boy, ye be in a baaad place now" he lowers his voice as he reaches for a dagger on his belt.

Just then a large silhouette passes by the entrance of the alley, but backsteps once to get a glimpse of the action
"Hmmm...some good ole fashioned fun back here, eh?" says the large man as takes note of the colored cigarette clenched between the dreadful lips of the gaunt man, and offers him an assuring wink.

The two attackers turn to see who has intruded on their justification but are unable to make out the armored man's face, as a cloud of thick smoke from his cigar covers his face as it spreads down the narrow back alley
"Tha's none o' yer business! Git yer goin'!" exlaims one of the two.

Catching a glimpse of the thin man's pleading eyes, the intruder closes the distance between him and the group
"There seems t' be a lotta tension in this back alley. Mayb' a nice smoke'd calm yer nerver a bit? I got plenn'y've differn' flavors, styles, all with their own 'ffects" says the man hooded by smoke as he extends a pack of smokes. "All fer a reason'ble price. Hell, Th' firs' one's on me. How bout y' jus' let th' man go...he prob'ly needed th' cash fer drugs'r somethin' anyway" his says as his grin is concealed by smoke.

Still angry, one of the two turns his attention to the intruder
"He said "GIT YER GOIN'!" " the stocky man yells, drooling savagely as he screams. Following this, for foolish reasons unknown, he snatches the pack from the man's hand and stomps it on the ground. "GIT YER GOIN' 'FORE I GUT YA!"

The man tosses one more glance over to the thin man at knifepoint.
-----------------------------------
The next morning a small group of travelers report finding two corpses; a stocky human and a dwarf, in a back alley. No clues were found as to who had committed such an act, as each corpse had been savagely beaten, and had a cigarette crammed deep into each eye socket, still smoking.
Back to top

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
Online
  • Guests: 36
  • Members: 2
  • Newest Member: ChaosGuardian
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Micky de Nostro
2. Valfire
3. Aroh Zedralinn
4. Garrik Brennan
5. Jerick Menders
6. Nataleena Dian
7. Archon Morlock
8. Cildir Aloufin
9. Izzy
10. Joan
11. Vroshnak Haun
12. Hugdish Lurgink
13. Orn Shashti'ternock
14. Merin Sorn
15. Bruna Usko
16. Darkania Dracswell
17. Avaggdu
18. Yuggorath
19. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
20. Ban De-Bar
Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org