Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Thimns
    Thimns  5 hours ago

He uses the buckler as a pick, duh.

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  7 hours ago

@Corlupi- Protip: Being dead means your buckler doesn't block your fingers! Renn should try it sometime >:)

• Squidget
    Squidget  14 hours ago

Good stuff! I'm always amazed how much people continue to do with these systems. heart

• Corlupi
    Corlupi  15 hours ago

Great video, Cuch! I think a lot of our players will find it very instructive. Even I picked up a tip or two. smile

...but, come on, lute *and* buckler? No wonder Mors' music wakes the dead, what with him playing the strings with his teeth. tongue

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  21 hours ago

There is also a permanent link to the Thain discord in the "New Player? Click here first!" thread, just in case anyone ever needs it.

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  21 hours ago

Invite link below!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  21 hours ago

-Clickedy-

• Payne
    Payne  22 hours ago

Yup, but still missing

• C_McG
    C_McG  22 hours ago

did you lose it?

-Clickedy-

• Payne
    Payne  22 hours ago

Looking for a discord link, we really need one on the main page somewhere

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Letter to Anders

LAN_402 LAN_403
MadskillsMike
10:28:34 pm GMT 12/29/09
MadskillsMike capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143 Joined: 7:06:07 pm GMT 06/17/04
Gharos wrote ...
I have been writing the document I spoke of. Let me know what you think. I know it is not fully finished, but the island is torn apart and I can not focus on the task as much as I should.

The four principles

The principle of law
Law exists to guard the liberties of men. Therefore laws will be created and revoked to achieve this purpose.

The principle of democracy

The people create all the wealth and power of society; therefore they have the right to elect their leaders. Each citizen’s vote has equal value.

The principle of shared power
To balance the needs of the public and the maintenance of the principles, and to prevent any man from becoming too powerful, power is to be shared between three institutions. The Council of Tribunes, the Senate, and the Consul.

The principle of liberty
Any man is free to speak his mind, to write what he desires, follow the trade of his choice and participate in public assembly freely.

The institutions

The Senate

Membership in the Senate is life long, and can only be revoked if the Senator breaks the law in a severe way. The Senators are the guardians of the four principles. The Senate conveys to manage the day to day government of the Republic. Senators are chosen by their peers. How to choose the first Senators remains an open question. The position requires great wisdom and integrity.

The Council of Tribunes
Tribunes are elected each year. The Tribunes protect and advocate the interests of the people. The Council of Tribunes votes whether to implement new laws. Laws that pass the vote of the Tribunes are examined by the Senate. If they are found to violate the principles, the Consul calls for a public assembly and the people vote directly after both sides present their claims.

The Consul
A Consul is elected each year. He is the head of state of the Republic. He is chosen by the people. The Consul presides over the public assembly, represents the Republic in diplomatic matters and is the supreme commander of the army.

Read, and spread the word.
-Gharos.

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 4
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: lazaro
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Arthus Truthbearer
2. Mithas Ess-Mithas
3. Vroshnak Haun
4. Raef Ash