Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  10 hours ago

The IC posts over the Crater Lake events for Nature Night are finally finished!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  10 hours ago

!lol

It really was something..a bit like a can..that the Sandworms went into !

Magic and Gnomish Technology to the rescue!

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  11 hours ago

*chuckles* Love the name of the most recent NN, Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  17 hours ago

Nature Night will start in about 2 hours!

Please join us in the Wild Grove in Grauer Suden.

I will be IG as Dauken. Feel free to shoot me a tell with any questions. smile

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  1 day ago

Hi Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

Amber!

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  2 days ago

*wave* @Vaerdryan grin

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  3 days ago

Omg! I spy an Avarith!!! grin

• Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

DORF night has kicked off with epic bouts of arm wrestling!

• archgrendel
    archgrendel  3 days ago

Payne is just jealous wink

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Declaration of War

1 2 3 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Doorman
1:47:49 am GMT 12/29/09
Doorman Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95 Joined: 11:18:15 pm GMT 04/11/04
A notice is posted at several places of respite and gathering across the isle.

People of Thain,

Today, the Nation of Thay declared war on our island by devastating the peaceful village of Davenshire. Hundreds were killed in the blast, and the scattered Hin survivors now hold refuge in the noble city of Greenvale.

You have shown your fury in the immediate hostile response to the assault, but only fifty mercenaries were killed in that battle, and not a single Red Wizard among them. This war is far from over. The Thayans have holed up inside their magically secured Enclave, and while their men die and their land burns, their filthy Enclave stands yet. Within, a force of mages continually summons more men from the mainland, as well as demons and devils to protect their foothold on our isle. Thayan ships still land troops all across our coasts, while their wizards search for a means to cripple and belittle us further.

I am issuing a ten thousand coin bounty for the robed bodies of any of the Thayan wizard leaders.
Five thousand for the shattered frames of their elites.

Mercenaries who deal with the Thayans, as well as anyone who harbors or aids them in this time of war are enemies of Thain, and shall be given no measure of mercy.

People of Thain, I call you to aid me in this our time of need. We will show the Thayans that there is naught to be gained from us but blood, steel, and fury.

Lord Commander Jeri Theed Orman
Of the Circle Defense Forces
And the Unseen Legion abroad

((PCs looking to join the war effort may post here their contributions to the assault on the Thayans or their efforts to break the siege. Also accepted are posts involving the assistance of the Davenshire refugees, as that is a fallout of this event.))
Doorman
1:58:21 am GMT 12/29/09
Doorman Merchant Auditor
Soon after, a letter is delivered to the Enclave via an arrow fired over the fortress wall, during a period of retreat on the part of the besieging people of Thain.

Thayan Leaders,

Five centuries ago, the Circle took offense to your presence. It took two hundred and six mercenaries, nine wizards of Thay, eleven pit fiends, and summoning Azuul the Soul Razer himself to so much as make us budge, and even then, every threat put before us was destroyed. We were finally gated out of the Enclave and locked out with a force wall, but that was simply four determined adventurers.

Today, you have made the mistake of declaring war on all of Thain. Far more than four idle mages stand before your gates. None who wear your colors shall ever be safe on our island again, and every sellsword foolish enough to bear your currency will join the piles of the slain.

if you have any measure of reason, you will retreat now. Leave our island and never return. Take your slaves, take your blood money, and take your mages and go. Every second you remain pinned down in your warded Enclave is a second we have to unravel your defensive runes and get a step closer to sending your entire patch of dirt into the ocean.

But I know you are probably too proud and too conniving to simply step aside.

So it will be war then.

I won't lie and say I won't enjoy every damned second.

Jeri Theed Orman
Doorman
2:39:54 am GMT 12/29/09
Doorman Merchant Auditor
Faced with an infuriating pattern of invulnerability glyphs on a set of buildings he would like very much to incinerate, Jeri pens a letter to the School of Wizardry...
Doorman
3:56:59 am GMT 12/29/09
Doorman Merchant Auditor
With the arrival of mercenaries from across Thain to join the blockade, more tents are pitched and campfires formed, while the white banner of the C.D.F flies above the assembly...

[ image disabled ]

((If you join the siege, don't forget that your emote wand can spawn a campfire and tent! Adds to the imagery.))
Doorman
4:05:54 am GMT 12/29/09
Doorman Merchant Auditor
Though Jeri occasionally leaves the camp for supplies, to check on refugees, and make patrols, a flyer is posted amidst the siege camp for all mercenary assistance to read...

STANDING ORDERS

Defenders of Thain,

If you stand with us today, then I am proud to call you neighbor. Be you C.D.F, Keeper, Rightsized Knight, Hammersong Steward, or any other proper minded citizen, then I welcome you. The situation is as such: We have several Red Wizards holed up in an indestructible pair of buildings. Thayan reinforcements arrive by portal and ship every few hours, and we are frequently attacked with hostile magic. You've chosen a hell of a battleground, and I thank you for it.

Expect the unexpected, work in shifts, and stay vigilant. If you get stir crazy, here are some suggestions:

- There is a demon nest to the north that will likely get stirred against us in due time. Clear it out.

- There are patrols cut off from the Enclave all over the South Coast, so hunt them down as well.

- Farther along the coast, there is a den of sea hags and kuo toa. The Thayans are greedy, so even in this time of war they may attempt to harvest in order to supplement their coffers. Patrols will prevent this.

- Scour the Enclave grounds. Kill every Thayan dog who sets foot on our soil.

- Gather supplies for the Davenshire refugees or see to their accomodations in Greenvale.

- Finally, I understand sitting siege is boring work. Play cards. Throw dice. But hold the line.

If retreat is forced, then regroup and return as soon as you are able. We will show this slaver scum what Thain is made of.

Lord Commander Jeri Theed Orman
of the Circle Defense Forces
and the Unseen Legion abroad

Krin
2:43:46 pm GMT 12/29/09
Krin Registered Member #742 Joined: 4:17:12 pm GMT 04/16/06
A note is left at the camp, address to the Lord Commander,

Lord Commander,

You dont know me, but I can be of service in your efforts.
If you can provide me with enough quartz crystals, and a sum of twenty thousand gold pieces, I can ensure that any Thayan stepping out of the enclave doesnt live to regret it.

I can ambush them at a distance, and supervise the effort so that no one else gets caught in the effects. I pride myself on careful and judicious deployment of my traps.
A meeting can be arranged, as well as a demonstration of my capabilities. I will be at the Cobblewall should you need to reach me, and will visit your camp again soon.

William W.Windwalker, trapmaster
Jane Galt
3:46:31 pm GMT 12/29/09
Jane Galt Registered Member #1491 Joined: 2:37:55 am GMT 11/16/09
Before the enclave a large gold dragon, or a small green iron golem are seen pacing the area killing off anything in red that moves. Among the tents some idiot woman who seems to fancy herself an Empress or something has set up the biggest tent and decorated it lavishly. Protecting it from thieves is a summoned Celestial Sohei and a small serpentine fire dragon that anyone whose met it would know is Guanxi, the familiar of the Wu Jen of Fire.
MadskillsMike
9:36:21 am GMT 12/30/09
MadskillsMike capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143 Joined: 7:06:07 pm GMT 06/17/04
The following note is posted at gathering places, and one is wrapped around a small stone and tossed by an invisible hand over the wall to the Enclave.

Citizens of Thay

For those of you who remain outside the struggle, or have been swept into it by cruel fate, I will offer the opportunity to escape the coming holocaust and return to the motherland. Find me at the crossroads hilltop or roaming the island. May Osiris guard the righteous.

Gharos
dontyouknow
4:59:31 pm GMT 12/30/09
dontyouknow Registered Member #1120 Joined: 4:36:33 am GMT 07/27/07
A troubled expression rested on Teron's visage as he brought quill to parchment and penned the following message:

Lord Commander Orman,

I apologize for any lack of pleasantries, but I feel I must get right to the point: The behavior of the Thayans in the matter of the destruction of Davenshire feels uncharectatistic at best. Why set themselves up to be essentially trapped in a corner by an angry island? Why set up an endless "meatgrinder", throwing away so many of their soldiers lives in a conflict that they, apparently, cannot win?

Mind you, I have only my observations and conversations with others to work with, but here are a few theories of mine in this regard:

1) The siege at the enclave serves to distract the island's defenders while the Thayans strike somewhere else.

2) Perhaps the Reds plan on unleashing a similarly destructive attack against those arrayed against their walls.

Most disturbingly, however, Zura has approached me with the following:

3) The Thayans may be being played as dupes by whoever has orchestrated the disappearance of Lord Kampher.

This seems far-fetched, even to me at this time, but I present it with her justifications for your consideration:
-Construction occuring at both the Keep in Steinkreis and the Enclave
-Wild magic zones occuring in both places
-The Red Wizards' sudden disappearance
-The timing of both events

She considers the "Wizardess", as we have come to call her, who has been seen coming and going from Kampher's Keep to be perhaps the one pulling the strings.

Zura also made mention that, if Teron were to find her, that I was to deliver a girl by the name of Tierce to you safely. Any insight into this person would be appreciated.

Your thoughts, Lord Commander?

Teron Dian
Administrator, Steinkreis School of Magic
Yeetamart
6:29:23 pm GMT 12/30/09
Yeetamart Registered Member #1271 Joined: 3:50:07 pm GMT 03/10/08
A letter is sent for Jeri from Greenvale

Jeri Theed Orman, Lord Commander of the Circle Defense Forces
I hope this has reached you quickly.

On my travels on the south coast, my companion and I encountered a full sized Thayan patrol, which I am sad to inform was not annihilated. Unforeseen circumstances forced us to retread after heavily wounding two of the soldiers. Unless they leave the two behind, I hope they will be slowed long enough for a larger force to find and annihilate them. We encountered them on the road south of Greenvale, marching towards the Cobblewall Inn.

Once my wounds have healed, I will make my way to the Enclave to aid the people of Thain in keeping the siege.

Abhijat Hemendra, Knave of Steinkreis
1 2 3 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 7
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: lazaro
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Dele Ondre Blackle
2. Anyndel Schwartzdrak
3. Soterya Nirriti
4. Thyra Fastus