Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  10 hours ago

The IC posts over the Crater Lake events for Nature Night are finally finished!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  11 hours ago

!lol

It really was something..a bit like a can..that the Sandworms went into !

Magic and Gnomish Technology to the rescue!

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  11 hours ago

*chuckles* Love the name of the most recent NN, Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  17 hours ago

Nature Night will start in about 2 hours!

Please join us in the Wild Grove in Grauer Suden.

I will be IG as Dauken. Feel free to shoot me a tell with any questions. smile

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  1 day ago

Hi Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

Amber!

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  2 days ago

*wave* @Vaerdryan grin

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  3 days ago

Omg! I spy an Avarith!!! grin

• Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

DORF night has kicked off with epic bouts of arm wrestling!

• archgrendel
    archgrendel  3 days ago

Payne is just jealous wink

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Search for the Sovereign

1 2 3 4  last
LAN_402 LAN_403
teraptus
1:45:21 am GMT 10/28/09
teraptus Registered Member #767 Joined: 6:16:16 pm GMT 05/08/06
Something was wasn't right, something was wrong. The palace had been locked up tight now for a week, even to her. Everyone being denied entrance. Weird rumours had been flying about, with even odder sightings. It wasn't like him to keep things secret from her, or from Rittermark, what had caused this? Talking with Rittermark, Celia discovered he was as baffled as she was. It worried her and she asked Rittermark if he could have a talk with his men to see if they had seen or heard anything. In the meantime, Celia was going to do her own search as she asked around the keep about anything heard of seen, and if there her old back entrance into the castle she had used once so long ago was still accessible.
<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

Note: Those also doing a search or involved, feel free to post as well
mylittlepwny
2:43:04 am GMT 10/28/09
mylittlepwny Zesty Mordant
Registered Member #1223 Joined: 8:21:47 pm GMT 12/16/07
Rittermark was at his desk, bent over his customary piles of paper. Contracts for armour and weapons, an invoice for rations, an order for 50 woolen blankets and new mattresses for the bunks. . .

Kampfer had been in several days ago, wandering through the barracks. The recruits didn't seem to know who he was, but then, he hadn't left the Keep in who-knows-how-long, and he was never one to mingle with the people. He'd made some rather forced attempts at small talk, then left.

Rittermark hadn't been in close contact with Kampfer, these last few years. Long familiarity bred a sort of slackness; one always assumed the other automatically knew what was happening. And why bother an old man, a busy ruler, with such trivial matters as the replacement of straw ticking and whether the patrols on the north wall should be permitted a measure of hot rum at the end of a winter shift?

"The men have already been informed, but if you want to speak with them, feel free." He shrugged, finally. "Or perhaps one of the citizens saw something."

Rittermark frowned, tapping his fingers against the drift of work padding the desktop. "I don't think I need to tell you to exercise all caution. Don't say "Kampfer is missing." People might panic.

"You could probably tell trusted associates, though."

((anyone wanting to jump in, please do. Screenshots encouraged for evidence.))
Lightfoot
4:55:27 pm GMT 10/31/09
Lightfoot Registered Member #157 Joined: 5:18:57 pm GMT 06/25/04
Luel'vefor had returned to Feywood it had been said, but Willow could find no sign of his only confirmed Feywood ally for the trial ahead. Frowning, Willow considered the news of the Elven Council that had been passed to him .. The human Lord Kampher was laid low with illness, and had denied the healing of the forests that Luel'vefor herself might have administered?

Humming slightly to himself as he walked through the hidden paths of the Ungue Orn, Willow considered the implications of this to the Island of Thain. His last communication with Luel'vefor had shown him how fragmented the political situation she juggled was, and that her wish was for more communication between the elven people to aid her task.

One thought nagged at Willow, even should he find other healers, wouldn't his trusted Council have taken over the running of the provinces should Kampher been laid low with illness. And what illness might have crippled the vibrant seeming human that had commanded the adventurers against the forces of Zhrindhar?
teraptus
1:09:12 am GMT 11/02/09
She had assigned a few of her people to keep an eye on the keep for any happenings going on and touched base with a few she hadnt heard from in a few weeks. Some interesting news had made it's way to her ears, and the conclusions they pointed to caused her worry meter to spike. She needed answers and she needed them now.

Things had been too quiet and locked up for long enough. It was time to take a closer look. Staking out the Keep, she notice a back door being used periodically by a few people moving in and out of the keep. Approaching the door when all was quiet, Celia attempted to make her way inside to have a look...
<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

//Add +6 from the lockpicks tongue
mylittlepwny
1:48:01 am GMT 11/02/09
The lock on the servants' door was a standard warded lock that had seen better days. Any locksmith could have mentioned that the lever was badly worn from years of sloppy key-thrusts. Lately the mechanism had refused to turn at all without a specific tilt from the big iron master key.

At some point in the past, a conscientious castle steward had installed an iron brace across the interior of the door, through which a thick oak beam was dropped every night.

"Back door locked?" went the routine.

"Yes, sir."

"Barred?"

"Yes, sir."

"Checked?"

"Yes, sir."

"Tower door locked?"

"Yes, sir. . ."

It was any man's head for lying or disobeying.
teraptus
7:55:20 pm GMT 11/02/09
Grinning to herself as the lock gave way, Celia gently tried to nudge the door open only to be met with resistance. She gave it a harder shove, no good, it wasn't budging. Someone had been smart enough to bar the door from the inside. Grumbling to herself she quickly slipped back into the shadows before anyone noticed her.

Well, there was more than one way to do this, time for plan B...
teraptus
3:51:16 pm GMT 11/04/09
Celia staked out the door over the next few nights, keeping an eye on who was coming and going. Eyeing one servant girl Celia picked out her target. A little bit of work to be done, but she had the right body type, Celia would have to do something about her hair though. Making the needed changes, and getting everything she needed together she chose her spot and saw to it the girl wouldn't be returning to work for the next day or two. Nothing too major, a conk on the head, a potion to knock her out, make sure she was safely hidden away in a room. Giving her hair one last fluff she made her way to the back entrance in her new look, that of the blonde servant girl.

[ image disabled ]

[ image disabled ]

[ image disabled ]
mylittlepwny
12:32:24 am GMT 11/05/09
((this one is for those who have been hiding and listening. PMs have been sent to their players))

". . .I heard he was having an affair with her."

"Just this morning! Took away the broken ones and had two new ones delivered terrectly."
"Who made 'em?"
"Couldn't guess. Liked the old ones better, though."
"But they was broke!"
"What do you know about sculpture? All you know is killing in a knight's uniform!"

"Double shifts! I didn't even have time to get a brew, we were out there from before sunrise until after dark. Four of us!"
"You think that's bad, he's had me take a turn every toll of the bells and check the latches on all of the windows."

"I hope I don't draw another watch with Helden, he keeps talking about Zhentarim murderers and shadow assassins. Drivin' me bugs."

"New man on the door, didn't recognize me. Had to fetch Yan to convince him. Making me wait outside in the rain. . ."

". . .so I says to her, you may look threaped now, but our Billy still remembers when your hands was soft and your face -- you remember how she looked back then. . ."
"She ought never to have married him."
"Well I told her, somebody had to, since her mother's accident, you know, poor thing, but she never did have any sense."
"If he hadn't killed that man at the mines they might have been able to manage."
"Not with six children. She was lucky to get the position she did. Though a worse laundress never was born, I'll tell you. . .don't
touch little Nellie. The state of that child's petticoats. . ."
"If she's so terrible, why hasn't she been sacked?"

". . . with this new system, the mortar and materials are always at the height of the wall, so you never need to squat! Every bricklayer in Steinkreis will want one. . . "

"He'd been clubbed in the back of the head and dragged into an alley. . .one of the gutter-sweepers noticed the red coat. . .saved him, really. . . .brought him to the temple. . . priests say he'll make a full recovery. . ."
"City officials brutalized in the streets? This town's not safe for anyone any more. I shall tell Gunther we ought to move to Greenvale."
"Hamley's nicer,
I hear."
"Don't be deadly, darling. You know I couldn't
bear Hamley. No tailors, no dining, no entertainments of any sort. . . "

"Only way in or out was the servants' entrance. And it wasted more time. . . checking every box, poking knives in the sacks of peas. Surprised they didn't decant the wine barrels."
"What's inside like?"
"Dark. No space to unload. Door was bloody miles from the kitchens, too. Took two hours, and then we had to wait to get paid. One of the household guard brought it, finally."
"Did they say why they were doing it?"
"'Security reasons'."

"Fifty cartloads of lumber for a wooden roof. Twenty if it's to be stone slates."

"Got an invoice here addressed in th' name o' Bargus, Steward o' th' Throne o' Steinkreis."
Payne
1:16:38 am GMT 11/05/09
Payne EXCELSIOR!
Registered Member #613 Joined: 9:18:34 pm GMT 09/09/05
It is a small Island, so it was inevitable that rumours and gossip would spread to all corners of the island. He wasn't sure if it would merit any of his time, besides the woman sitting on his lap was the center of his focus. None the less, somewhere down deep he had to admit he was curious. "What the hell was going on in the city?" If anyone would have come to him with the information he would have shrugged it off, perhaps that was what made him curious. "The fools of this island loved to gossip like old women, what was so different now?" A lock down, visitors forbidden to enter the Keep? "What is that damn old fool of a Lord doing?" He tilted back his head to allow the prostitute to poor more ale into his mouth, the liquor burning its way down his throat. The woman snuggles in more, her hand going toward his belt. Krel had to grin at the amateur move, feigning seduction to try for his gold pouch. But he doesn't stop her, he has more than enough gold. She would soon give him something else to think about, another trick to hide her greedy little hands. When he was done with her, he would just get his gold back and she would feed his pet sharks. One of the Vandals enters, a curvy little recruit he hired personally. She wasn't quite ready to listen to his ideas of what merited promotion, but give her time. As she stood before him, he shoves the woman off his lap and fixes the Vandal with a look. To satisfy his curiosity, he would need someone who could keep his orders a secret. Nobody needed to know he was taking an interest. And there was nobody better suited at keeping secrets, than one with his own to hide.
[ image disabled ]
mylittlepwny
5:49:39 am GMT 11/05/09
Meanwhile, somewhere in Feywood. . .
[ image disabled ]
1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 10
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: lazaro
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Dele Ondre Blackle
2. Anyndel Schwartzdrak
3. Soterya Nirriti
4. Thyra Fastus