Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  11 hours ago

The IC posts over the Crater Lake events for Nature Night are finally finished!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  11 hours ago

!lol

It really was something..a bit like a can..that the Sandworms went into !

Magic and Gnomish Technology to the rescue!

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  12 hours ago

*chuckles* Love the name of the most recent NN, Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  18 hours ago

Nature Night will start in about 2 hours!

Please join us in the Wild Grove in Grauer Suden.

I will be IG as Dauken. Feel free to shoot me a tell with any questions. smile

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  1 day ago

Hi Scratch!

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 days ago

Amber!

• AmberOfDzu
    AmberOfDzu  2 days ago

*wave* @Vaerdryan grin

• Vaedryan
    Vaedryan  3 days ago

Omg! I spy an Avarith!!! grin

• Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

DORF night has kicked off with epic bouts of arm wrestling!

• archgrendel
    archgrendel  3 days ago

Payne is just jealous wink

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

An Letter Sent to the Village Green Preservation Society and Various Hin

LAN_402 LAN_403
Ramana Jala
5:40:37 pm GMT 09/06/09
Ramana Jala Registered Member #1033 Joined: 12:18:42 am GMT 04/25/07
An letter sent to the Village Green Preservation Society in Davenshire, with copies to various Hin:

Greetings to my friends, and for those of you who don't know me, my name is Jalla Desat, and I have long been a close friend of Tanna Nightsong. I know that Tanna is very fond of you and your hin culture, and helped found the Village Green Preservation Society.

What has provoked me to write you all in this manner, is that, I'm sorry to say, that Tanna has gone missing, and I fear the worst. You probably know that she was a vocal believer in, and defender of, freedom, and that this could have run her afoul of those who do not respect freedom so greatly, such as Davenshire's neighbors the Thayans.

The cause for her disappearance is unknown, and this is the main reason I am sending this letter out to her good friends in Davenshire. If any of you have any news or sightings of Tanna, please please contact me immediately. I fear that if she is in trouble, time may be short to rescue her.

As an aside, I believe that she might have mentioned one of her humanitarian projects to some of you, of putting away of food stores for the people for a rainy day so to speak, in response to the potential shortages created by the troubles around Hamley. I am very concerned about this myself, having actually been staying in Hamley for many months trying to help with the diseases and troubles of the people caused by the Arcane Winter's damage to the Weave with the resultant destructive plague of wild magicks, and a close witness to the dwindling and tainting of the food supply from there. And with Tanna gone missing, I have stepped in to help continue this food relief effort. Thus I invite those of you who have been helping with organizing this to contact me so that we may continue this urgent compassionate project.

Also, I wanted to say that I have heard of the splendid work done by the Splendid Hins of Davenshire, in smiting the abominations across the Island. As a Druid, it is one of my most heartfelt goals to destroy these undead abominations and rid our land of these cursed things, that natural Life may triumph over unnatural un-life. I only hope that the Lich which we have all fought recently, in great and tragic cost of lives, is truly destroyed. In any case, I commend you all for your valiant efforts in this regard, and want you to know that you always will have an ally in me in this effort.

But again, most urgently, I hope that you can give me some news of Tanna. I am sure that she would want you to tell me anything you can, and also join together with me to continue her humanitarian projects. You may send letters for me to Master Glendel in Feywood, or leave them with Master Bence at the Trade and Tackel. I am most grateful for any help that you might kindly give me in finding our common friend Tanna.

Sincerely,
Jalla Desat
Druid of the Source of All Life
Feywood

// OOC- Consider that this letter finds its way to at least the following, if not more, hin: all VGPS members, all Splendid Hin, Thrarius, Sally, Tavi, Pippi, Weylan, Peter, Amy, Trek, Puc, Tessa, etc. Reactions and replies may be put in this thread, unless the info is OOC-sensitive, in which case send a PM. //
legolasgirl1987
6:08:42 pm GMT 09/06/09
legolasgirl1987 Registered Member #1239 Joined: 6:37:24 pm GMT 01/20/08
Merta made her trip to Davenshire to check up on things, she made a point to go see Ma and Dem. "Ahh well if it isn't one of the Co-chairwomen of the Village Green Preservation Society." Merta chuckled "It's been awhile since i heard that title, how are you Ma?"
Ma smiled "Oh doing fine dear, but here i have a letter for you." Merta smiled and thanked Ma before heading out with the letter. She sat down at the dock waiting for the boat and decided to read the letter. The smile on her face vanished as she continued reading, letting out a deep sigh as she finished reading. "I knew Tanna's mouth would get her into trouble one of these days. If those Thayan's have anything to do with this I'll make them pay." Merta liked Tanna, she was always thinking of better ways to help all hin. But Merta also knew of her outspoken nature, being not afraid of telling people what she thought.

Merta hadn't seen Tanna in ages but until now never thought anything of it. Now she was really worried, she got onto the boat thinking of what to do. When the boat came into dock at the Landing she headed straight for Feywood. When she got to the grove she penned a small note in her elegant writing and left it under a rock in Krin and Jalla's alcove, then she decided to spend some time with Meri and the twins.

*the note is written in very fluent Elvish*
Dear Jalla,

I got your letter about Tanna's Disappearance, I unfortunately haven't seen her in ages. But i never really thought on it much until now, Tanna is a very good friend of mine and now i am really worried about her. If there is anything i can do to help either find her or what happened to her please let me know.

~Draug'elle
Ramana Jala
5:12:58 pm GMT 09/13/09
Ramana Jala Registered Member #1033 Joined: 12:18:42 am GMT 04/25/07
Jalla received Draug'elle's letter, and shortly thereafter had met Weylan upon the road. But unfortunately neither had any idea where Tanna might be.

Jalla had then decided to go to Davenshire herself, not waiting upon any more replies, but to look up all of Tanna's friends fortwith.

But still no luck. Everyone from the mayor to any she could find, had not seen Tanna in a long while, and knew nothing.

As Jalla had passed the Thayan enclave upon her way to Davenshire, the doors were locked and guarded, and the walls patrolled so that not even a rat could have penetrated.

Jalla had a terrible feeling about it all....

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 13
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: lazaro
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Pascheine Pharysene
2. Dele Ondre Blackle
3. Seth von Hendricks
4. Xauriic Draaz