Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:




[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  5 hours ago

    Orc night in a little under 3 hours! Event is open to everyone!

  • Warlord Kro
    Warlord Kro  7 hours ago

    Player event will kick off in about two hours from now! Everyone welcome. Poke me in game if you want in. Everyone welcome.

  • Avatar6666
    Avatar6666  1 day ago

    tristan this is for you...https://discord.gg/wU9eEC

  • Kat
    Kat  1 day ago

    I won't believe he's back until i see him in game..Soon please..

  • Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  3 days ago

    Necro Night will be starting in about 2 hours from this post!

  • Jandari
    Jandari  3 days ago

    ECO!!!!!

  • Warlord Kro
    Warlord Kro  3 days ago

    He's back! *waves*

  • EcoTec
    EcoTec  3 days ago

    G'day Thain!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  5 days ago

    Nature Night will start in about 1 hour and 40 minutes . We will meet up in the Wild Grove of Grauer Suden.

    I will be IG as Dauken. Please shoot me a tell with any questions! smile

  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  1 week ago

    Orc night in 40 mins from time of this post. Anyone is welcome!


Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Battle in the Woods

LAN_402 LAN_403
Talla
2:56:28 am GMT 11/07/08
Talla *hairflip*
Registered Member #232 Joined: 11:20:46 am GMT 08/30/04
Posts: 5359
Her ears peaked through her fiery red hair, her gown long and flowy. She lifted her bow, taking aim with the others as a group they released dozens of arrows towards the dog-like creatures. The elven woman watched as the arrows pierced through the skin, sending the creatures running or leaving them lying on the ground bleeding. Green eyes soon gazed towards the north and stopped as she caught sight of her bonded, Eloril. A small smile spread across her lips as she watched him fight valiantly against the gnolls. The reasons behind him being called a High Warpriest of Corellon was evident as his blade and spells easily cut the beasts down. The moment did not last long... First one scream filled the air and then another as she turned to see two scouts were torn to pieces by the savage horde. Talla felt the anger rising in herself and she lifted her hands, lighting shooting from them as she spoke the arcane words. Her aim was precise, a line of the gnolls laid on the ground, smoke rising from thier singed fur as they twitched then stilled. The largest of the group did not seem too happy and charged at the delicate elf. She lifted her bow and began to nock an arrow, but she was too slow. As it lifted it's blade over it's head, roaring with furry, an arrow flew past her ear, catching the mighty beast in the neck. It's momentum carried it past her though life had already left it's eyes. Her head swung back and she saw Willow. He was as stylish as ever, even in the midst of battle. She looked around and tried locating all her fellow Tel'Varataurie. Krin was in wolf form as his pack fought alongside him. Styvn, a brave, young elf he was, a good choice for the Protectors, was near with his bow singing. Beside him stood Letheria. Though she was not officially a Protector as of yet, but she did her part for the Woods, in that she was worthy to walk in the trees. Talla called out loudly in elven, "They are falling back! We will have to gather patrols and push them back further. Bring the injured into the gates so that the druids might help them." ((The Tel'Varataurie are planning to do patrols of the Moors. Anyone is welcome, but especially those who wish to protect the elven lands. Please PM Talla, Lightfoot, Krin or Thranduil Greenleaf if you wish to join in. The date will be announced soon. smile )) [ Edited ]
Back to top
Thranduil Greenleaf
3:07:14 pm GMT 11/10/08
Thranduil Greenleaf Registered Member #1145 Joined: 8:28:45 pm GMT 08/30/07
Posts: 808
The scouts were falling to gnoll attacks at an alarming rate. Their numbers were too low for Styvn to even consider asking any of the overtaxed elves to volunteer for extra duty. No, he'd have to patrol the Moors alone again. The rest of the Tel'Varataurie were away at present, attending to important matters. Not the least of which was aiding Hamley, and in particular the woods that surrounded it.

As he made his way through the marshy terrain in silence, Styvn wondered if he should post a plea for aid in some of the meeting places around the island. Perhaps some of the goodhearted folk of the isle would take up the task of helping the Feywood inhabitants push the gnolls back, and keep their numbers thinned. The gnolls must be getting reinforcements through the sea port at the old fort in the swamp. Not even rabbits breed that fast.

That thought had only just passed through his mind when he came upon a group of gnolls with a Gerdamish Hound. Cautiously, Styvn eased back a few paces where the majority of the group couldn't see him, He stood up out of the tall grass and let loose a rain of death. The gnoll archer fell into silence as the first two arrows pierced his black heart. The large one next to him went into a rage and charged. He almost made it to where Styvn was standing, firing arrows as fast as he could nock them into the bow. The large one fell at Styvn's feet with a grunt. Styvn moved up a few paces. The Shaman was casting a spell. He never finished it, as two arrows slammed into his throat. By the time the remaining gnolls had figured out where the arrows were coming from, they were already bleeding. When the last two reached Styvn, he pulled his twin feydusters from their sheaths and cut them to pieces while they stood helpless, stunned into immobility by the fey magic forged into the blades.

Styvn crouched back down into the tall grass and made his way silently to the Hound. He stood up and had the Hound calmed before it had a chance to attack. It would make a good companion for the rest of the patrol. The Hound seemed eager to extract a little vengeance from the ones who had tortured it so. It's attack on the next group of gnolls was executed with a savageness that left no doubt of that. It would be a shorter night than some of the others Styvn had spent in the Moors of late.




Back to top
Krin
5:37:11 pm GMT 12/07/08
Krin Registered Member #742 Joined: 4:17:12 pm GMT 04/16/06
Posts: 538
Once more, defenders of Feywood advanced on the Moors.

Krin and Jalla, accompanied by Styvn and Anya made their way North, into the lands occupied by Gnolls. Using stealth, but also frontal attacks when warranted, they culled the creatures, relentlessly advancing towards the fort from which their raids were staged.

One by one, the gnolls fell, whether by Styvn's or Anya's unerringly accurate arrows, Krin's blade or Jalla's control of the elements. Entering the fort itself, the small group launched an assault, clearing the way and making sure none were left standing near the entrance. They examined the bodies, and the surroundings, looking for clues on who was supplying the gnolls. Styvn himself had a few theories, as did Anya. But whoever or whatever was helping the gnolls, they hid it well. No clues or traces were found to determine the origin of the supplies found. Styvn himself had once seen gnolls arriving by raft to augment the forces present, but as he said himself, it was doubtful they had crossed the sea on rafts. Most likely, they had been transported nearby by ship, and made the final leg of the journey on raft, probably to keep the identity of whoever was behind this secret.

The group disscussed the possibility of capturing a gnoll, to see if it would reveal anything. Styvn declared he spoke gnollish, which would make things much easier.
Jalla prepared a few spells, to hold one of the gnolls for a time, and Krin took a beholder's eye out of his pack, which held similar properties.

After a few missed attempts, one of the gnolls was successfully held on top of a nearby hill - one tasked with lookout duty. It was not prepared for the stealthy approach of the small group, and was quickly held, and bound by rope.

Styvn spoke to the gnoll in its own language, trying to coax information out of it... any information. But the gnoll remained silent, distant. Threats were met with a stare, and even Jalla's attempt to gently coerce the creature met with failure.

[ image disabled ]

In the end, as dawn rose over the swamp, the gnoll remained impassive, simply staring at them without a single response. It was either well trained, or had been rendered mentally incapacitated by the spell which had held it. Jalla turned around as Krin unbound the creature, and Styvn finally drove his blade in its heart - Leave no witnesses....

With heavy hearts, they departed back to the woods, talking softly about the past, and the present... but with thoughts for the future, and the duties they shared....

They would return again to the moors and the swamp, with other friends of the woods. In time, perhaps they could unravel this mystery, and bring peace to Feywood.
Back to top

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
Online
  • Guests: 34
  • Members: 2
  • Newest Member: ChaosGuardian
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Izzy
2. Keldan Hana
3. Joan
4. Vroshnak Haun
5. Hugdish Lurgink
6. Strovel Stonebreaker
7. Orn Shashti'ternock
8. Merin Sorn
9. Orikken Steelbrand
10. Bruna Usko
11. Darkania Dracswell
12. Avaggdu
13. Yuggorath
14. Nataleena Dian
15. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
16. Ban De-Bar
Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org