Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:




[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


  • Korusho
    Korusho  2 hours ago

    Rats, We're Rats, We're the Rats.

  • archgrendel
    archgrendel  1 day ago

    Dwarf Night! Dwarves Assemble! In about 7.5 hours from now (8pm est)! Meet by the main gate to Hammersong

  • Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  3 days ago

    Reminder: no necro night tonight! See you Saturday for the big event!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  5 days ago

    Unfortunately, I have had something come up today and I will not be able to run Nature Night again today.

    Hopefully, life will get back to normal next week, and we can return to our regular schedule.

    Feel free to get together as The Called and have an adventure and/or some great RP. smile

  • wisdombeyondages
    wisdombeyondages  1 week ago

    Orc Night in 2 hours! Meet at the Hellshire camp! Portal will be available for travel!

  • Payne
    Payne  1 week ago

    suprised

  • Wraitheus
    Wraitheus  1 week ago

    Story Night at the Tin & Tankard in three hours! Hope to see you there.

  • archgrendel
    archgrendel  1 week ago

    Dwarf Night! Dwarves Assemble! In about 2 hours from now (8pm est)! Meet by the main gate to Hammersong

  • Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  1 week ago

    Meant to get this out earlier, but there is a Necro Night tonight, starting in about 7 minutes!

  • scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  1 week ago

    I have to go into the office today, so I will not be able to host Nature Night. frown

    The Wild Grove is set up and ready to go, so feel free to meet up and spread Nature's Blessings if you wish! smile


Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Murin Kvistir: An Engineer of the C.D.F

1 2 3 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Lefse
12:21:43 pm GMT 08/31/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
Murin was standing at the anvil in the Headquarters of C.D.F, hammering steel and iron. He felt he was ready now, he wanted to attempt the construction of a golem. Jeri had shown him a lot and he now knew the basics. He had no idea how to enchant the golem with the essence of life though. More guidiance from Jeri would be needed for that. But for now the parts were his first priority. He continue to beat the steel plate, he was soon finished now, just a few more plates and he had the materials he needed. [ image disabled ] [Edit: Added screeny and I can't spell [ Edited ] [ Edited ]
Back to top
Lefse
12:13:10 pm GMT 09/14/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
After a lot of attempts, he had finaly constructed a golem. The shape of a big wolf stood before him. Murin went over the bolts, making sure they were tight enough. The wolf was solid enaugh, but one thing was still missing. The essence of life. Murin had not seen Jeri in a while and had no idea how he would wake up the shiny metal wolf. And he still had to fix a few things inside of it too, he did not feel good enough to move on to the smaler parts. More practise was needed for that. But, the golem it self was complete and he was satisfied for now. [ image disabled ] [ 460_murin_crafting_2_2.jpg ]
Back to top
Lefse
3:26:17 pm GMT 09/30/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
Aniril and Cael seemed impressed as they looked upon the large metal wolf. Murin seemed pleased as well as they looked it up and down, asking what abilities it posessed. Though the only ability was the spikes that popped up from the back of the wolf. When Murin asked for help, they seemed quite intrested and came with a lot of suggestions and Murin wrote down all of it. When he shared his other problem, how to enchant the wolf with live, they had suggestions to people he could seek out. He quickly noted all of the suggestions and names down in his notebook Murin's notebook
Murin wrote ...
MK-001 - what to improve/add Suggestions: - Spikes on the head - Adamantine plates / claws, fangs - Fail-tail with spikes - Fire breath - Fart lightning and drop firebombs (will be difficult) - Cloaking device - Track ennemies system - Enchanted eyes Who to seek out Willow Krin Bigrin Hadafang
But before he could do any changes on MK-001 or find any of the suggested people he needed to send a a letter to his teacher.
Murin wrote ...
Lord Marshal Jeri Theed Orman I have finaly constructed a golem and I am in need of your help. Could you meet me by the Crossroads some day? - Engineer Murin Kvistir
He left the letter with Bence, who said he would pass it on to Jeri next time he was around. [ Edited 02:27:20 PM 09/30/08 ]
Back to top
Lefse
3:51:01 pm GMT 10/11/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
Murins Notebook
Murin wrote ...
Willow Willow didn't seem to like golems a lot, and he wasn't too happy when I said I were crafting one. But when I told him the golem would be a wolf, he seemed a bit relived. He liked the idea of a willingly wolfspirrit to enchance the golem and that he would help me to get in touch with one. He will also help me back to the path of Nature. Krin From what I could understand, Krin didn't dislike my idea, but he had his doubts that a wolfspirrit would ever, willingly, possess a golem. He also said that when a wolf dies, the spirrit goes to the beyond and that very few wolves stay. Although, there might be some spirrits that stay around if they have some business unfinished. However, Krin said that he would help me to get in touch with a wolf spirrit, if there is one to be found. Fang Fang seemed positive to my idea. He said that to make the core, I would need a powerfull gem, (so I am going after the planeshiftcrystalls). I suggested the idea to make a gate in the core, allowing the spirit to move in and out at will, and Fang said that this would be possible. The onlyone I need to find now, is Mr Bigrin.
[ Edited 08:25:07 PM 11/06/08 ]
Back to top
Lefse
10:59:34 pm GMT 11/06/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
Murin's notebook [i]
Murin wrote ...
MK-001 - what to improve/add Suggestions: - Spikes on the head ~ done - Adamantine plates / claws, fangs ~ done - Fail-tail with spikes ~ decided not to go with this - Fire breath ~ decided not to go with this - Fart lightning and drop firebombs (will be difficult) ~ not gonna bother with this one - Cloaking device ~ still under development - Tracking system ~ still under development - Enchanted eyes ~ still under development Added later: - Teleporter ~ nearly done
Murin was quite pleased as he looked up at the large metal wolf. It appeared to be quite impressive there it stood. All the smaler parts and gears were at the right places and he couldn't wait to start making the core. And he would have to start searching for a sprirt too. He noded once to agree with him self before he headed outside. [ image disabled ] [ 460_the_island_of_thain_0002.jpg ] [ Edited 09:02:17 PM 11/06/08 ]
Back to top
Lefse
2:41:18 pm GMT 12/06/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
Murins Notebook: [quote] I spoke to Cael about finding a spirit for my golem. He suggested that Itarildé might know something. I spoke to her a few days ago. But she didn't know much about spirit wolves. Instead she suggested a way to capture a spirit. She said that the spell Soul Bind should do the trick. But to do this, I would need a Black Sapphire to capture the spirit in. They are quite rare, but Itarildé suggested that I might find one in the Underdark. I will venture down there in the close future in an attempt to find one. She also copied down the spell for me, but I would need a powerfull arcanist to cast it for me. PS. Note to my self: Remember to speak to Mr. Birgrin! [/blockquote] [ Edited 12:42:52 PM 12/06/08 ]
Back to top
Lefse
12:08:03 pm GMT 12/12/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
Murins Notebook:
Murin wrote ...

I headed down into the realm of the drows along with my trusted friends from CDF: Brodie, Islime, Aniril, Jeri, Magnus and Drogo to look for a black sapphire. We also met this mercenary girl, who proved to be a great help down there. We entered a drow tower, but found nothing of value besides a few drowmade weapons. In this tower Jeri activated a tracking system that is buildt into his arm. We fought our way trough minotaurs and drows until we came to the drow city. We charged one of the drow houses witch turned out to be filled with very skilled warriors. We should have expected this though. Jeri activated Heavy Metal and I read from a scroll I had been saving for a while and we stomped in as two mighty iron golems, crushing everything in our path. From the rear the others shoot at everything that moved and Drogo chopped like mad with his axe. It was a hell of a chaos. We managed fine for a while until the Matron Mother entered the room. She threw powerfull spells around like mad and slaughterd most of us before we knew she was there. After a while she decided to patch up my wounds so I could stand on my feet, I have now idea why, but apparently she wanted to play with me or something. Then she left to get something from a diffrent room and those of us alive cracked stones over those who were dead and patched our wounds. Jeri took everything in the room that seemed to be of value before Drogo conjured a portal to the shadowplane.

It was one hell of a tripp, but we managed to get out alive. In one of the chests Jeri had found a black sapphire, so it wasn't all for nothing. The golem is nearly finished now and I can't wait to put the final touch on it.

[ image disabled ]
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited 10:28:23 PM 12/12/08 ]</span>
Back to top
Lefse
12:36:37 am GMT 12/13/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
Project: Camuflagesuit First attempt: It had been quite a while since Murin had worked with leathers. With his new knife in his hand he looked over the big bear pelts from the north. He didn't dare to start working on the wolf pelts before he had some practice first. Up north, he had ran into some bears aswell as wolves. He had nothing he could use the bearpelts for so he decided they would be perfect to work up old skills. Soon he had made one of the pelt into something that could be used in his crafting, but it was not well done. He threw it aside and tried on a second. This one wasn't too good either, better than the first, but far from good enaugh. The third pelt were just a totall mess. Murin sighed and threw the untouched pelts into a pouch and headed out to get some fresh air. [ image disabled ] [ 460_practice.jpg ] [ Edited 08:50:03 AM 12/13/08 ]
Back to top
Lefse
10:56:45 am GMT 12/13/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
The Camuflage armor (practice): Seccond attempt. It was time for a second try on the polarbear pelts. He only had two left now. The first pelt attempt went much better than those he had cut the day before. He was calmer than the day before. But it still wasn't perfect. The second went just as good, and with a little more consentration, this should be no problem, he hoped. [ image disabled ] [ 460_new_attempt.jpg ]
Back to top
Lefse
10:48:29 pm GMT 12/14/08
Lefse Kamel
Registered Member #460 Joined: 8:56:43 pm GMT 03/06/05
Posts: 2312
Camuflagesuit: Step 1. First of three attempts. After a few attempts to make a leather armor, Murin felt that he was ready to give the northalndwolfpelts a try. The result was better than he expected, but as he had six more pelts he decided to give them an attempt too and go for the best one and then work more on it. [ image disabled ] [ 460_craft_attempt.jpg ]
Back to top
1 2 3 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
Online
  • Guests: 13
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: mikemiler021
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
1. Anebrin Latonelle
2. Mors Cuthran
3. Morton Falone
4. Cidilr Alufin
5. Inssu Venax
6. Darkania Dracswell
Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org