Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• saadow
    saadow  1 day ago

Hey friends! Nature night is starting in about an hour and ten minutes!

• Jandari
    Jandari  2 days ago

MSM, i get the same complaints. At 60 WPM... it's a difficult task, though.

• GearsOfMadness
    GearsOfMadness  2 days ago

Need some dat Roman engineering.

• MadskillsMike
    MadskillsMike  2 days ago

Maybe I could play if I had an ultra silent keyboard that didnt wake the whole family up when typing

• MadskillsMike
    MadskillsMike  2 days ago

Dropped in to check out the new design yesterday. Really good stuff.

• Raven1210
    Raven1210  2 weeks ago

grin

• Yasmyn
    Yasmyn  2 weeks ago

The Yasmyn here dodge gah So nuch fun on a questy with the Raven dude this eve. All the fun was had and it was awesome. heart

• DavidtheGreat
    DavidtheGreat  2 weeks ago

Actually Scratch has the right of it. You start dropping gold at 5, exp penalties at 10.

• Glognar
    Glognar  2 weeks ago

Up to lvl 10 I have had no penalty on death. No gold loss and no death clock.

• scratch_flannigan
    scratch_flannigan  2 weeks ago

I think the gold loss starts at level 5, and the xp penalty starts at level 10 .. but I an not sure.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Bring the Pain (bloody violence and nastiness)

1 2 3 4  last
LAN_402 LAN_403
Kyssyt
4:38:12 pm GMT 03/23/08
Kyssyt Registered Member #1273 Joined: 2:56:54 pm GMT 03/23/08
It had been going on for months now .. day after day, night after night .. a thin pale figure and a spider, invading the caves and killing. [ image disabled ] Not the usual adventurers seeking gold and gems, it seemed .. this was disgusting, even to the goblins .. the pair passed through dismembering, disembowelling, desecrating. Those who ran and hid would emerge later to discover blood, viscera, gore, limbs and innards spread around the cave floors and walls as if a vicious feeding frenzy had been taking place. [ image disabled ] Every night, every day .. negative energy flying, bodies exploding, bones being crunched and poison delivered, leaving the wounded to die in agony as the figure and the eight-legged horror passed. And always the same whispered words in a language few understood .. "This Will Never Stop..." [ image disabled ] And a terrible laugh, echoing through the caverns. [ Edited ]
Kyssyt
4:38:37 pm GMT 03/23/08
"This Will Never Stop..." Whispered, called out, through laughter and clenched teeth as one or two of them scored a lucky hit before being eviscerated. Carved into the skin of the fallen, written in their blood on walls and floors. Insides torn out and arranged in the shapes of letters and words.. "This Will Never Stop" Bodies arranged in a hideous mockery of gatherings, sitting in circles with arrows embedded in eyes, mouths .. fingers, hands, arms, legs, heads spread over the floors of rooms and piled into chests which once contained treasure .. and an occasional note in the common tongue, scrawled in the blood of so many bodies: "This Will Never Stop" [ Edited 04:59:30 PM 03/23/08 ]
Kyssyt
4:39:03 pm GMT 03/23/08
And then finally .. the gates were broken down and the pair came into the chief's compound one night. The noise of the battle could be heard through the caves - Goblins fell, goblins ran, goblins cursed, goblins screamed. The larger goblins tried to defend the chief but they fell in their turn .. and then the chief .. the pale figure looked towards him with malevolence and uttered some arcane words. He screamed in terror and tried to flee but the spider was too fast and it caught him, delivering a swift dose of poison and biting again and again as the pale figure watched, smiling .. and shouted to him the same words seen and heard so many times in these caves... [ image disabled ] [ Edited 05:10:51 PM 03/23/08 ]
Kyssyt
4:41:07 pm GMT 03/23/08
The figure turned as the chief fell, and looked about him at the carnage. The feeling had passed and only emptiness was left, blessed calm. But there was still work to be done. This opportunity was too good to miss. It wasn't every day he managed to break into the chief's compound... [ Edited 05:13:00 PM 03/23/08 ]
Kyssyt
4:44:56 pm GMT 03/23/08
And so... [ image disabled ] [ Edited 05:14:06 PM 03/23/08 ]
Kyssyt
4:50:48 pm GMT 03/23/08
The figure and the spider walked slowly out of the cave, not bothering this time to desecrate the bodies they left behind them. The story had been told in full inside the chief's compound. They would be back one day soon, but for a while, let the goblins remain in fear a while, devoured by the terror that he would be back the next night .. or the next .. or the next. The pain, misery, despair he was bringing to them was exquisite. Too precious to let it go. No .. This Will Never Stop. Perhaps a pause for breath from time to time but no - never stop completely. One day perhaps they would realise, and then what might they do? Meanwhile, he was having too much fun, and the calm afterwards was beautiful beyond words... As he emerged into the fresh outside air, a final group were waiting for him. Of course, these posed no great threat and when they were all dead, he spent a little time arranging the bodies and cutting them open to let the insides spill out into the cave entrance, and hanging a few from nearby trees. He dismissed the spider, and smiled as he wandered into the night. [ Edited 05:24:52 PM 03/23/08 ]
Kyssyt
5:09:29 pm GMT 03/23/08
Spider limbs .. exploded, burned, fried, scorched, split, severed, crushed, pierced, flayed, amputated .. the liquid from inside sprayed above, around and below, dripping from his bow and slowly soaking into his robe .. he wipes it from his face as another explodes with the lightning he calls .. he wonders if she has felt it yet, his arrival .. defiant, vicious, vengeful .. he is bringing her suffering on the cries of her sisters .. slowly he makes his way, closer and closer until they are face to face. Magic flies at her, his summoned shadow drawing her life out of her, his arrows piercing her many eyes as she staggers beneath the attack. As he shoots, he screams at her .. "I am not yours! You are mine .. my slave .. You will do as i wish!" Slowly she weakens, and then she falls, unable to stand or fight any more. Her will to live almost gone from the fight, he pins her down with an arrow in the centre of her head and smiles at her in triumph, one though filling his mind .. you are mine now .. you will do as i say .. and a laugh .. sadistic and hollow. "And the first thing you will do is .. watch me burn your eggs" Fire washes over cocoons, they catch light violently, eggs bursting as babies that will never hatch are boiled alive inside. "And now you will follow me .. out .. and you will kill all of your sisters who show themselves..." They leave, bathed in carnage. There is a slaughter, done by the spider on her own sisters, and the pale figure looks on, smiling and soothing .. "Yes, yes .. good .. yes .. my own" .. And a laugh .. tormenting and goading. They reach the outside air. An ambush! He falls and when he recovers, sees she has killed all the attackers. He smiles, pets her gently and chuckles .. "Yes, as i expected .. good, good" .. A soft voice, but with an edge that could cut through bone .. "Leave me now, and only return when i call you. Remember .. you are mine" .. And a laugh .. cold, triumphant. [ Edited 04:19:28 AM 03/24/08 ]
Kyssyt
5:13:40 pm GMT 03/23/08
And in another wood, some time later... [ image disabled ] [ Edited 04:17:11 AM 03/24/08 ]
Kyssyt
4:16:21 am GMT 03/24/08
--- [ Edited 04:16:35 AM 03/24/08 ]
Kyssyt
10:57:51 pm GMT 04/07/08
More visits to the goblins, more fun and games with corpses... [ image disabled ] [ 1273_goblinsspiderda.jpg ]
1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Squidget, Bonesly, Just Miggen, scratch_flannigan, jewwe, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 32
  • Members: 2
  • Newest Member: Seleveth
  • Most ever online: 155
    Guests: 155, Members: 0 on Sunday 11 December 2016 - 13:15:05
Now Playing
(Empty)

Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org