Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  3 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  3 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  6 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  6 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  6 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  6 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Blood Guard Internal Memos and Reports

1 2 3 4  last
LAN_402 LAN_403
ChaoticDrow
4:03:57 pm GMT 03/08/20
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Registered Member #17124 Joined: 8:46:41 pm GMT 05/13/13
Report from Garrik Brennan: Isle Updates

[REDACTED] presence has been increasing in the Drakamyre and roads west of Hamley. Must stay keen on their movement, as they were seen gathering components from the [REDACTED] scattered around the isle. Given recent fortifications and proximity of supplies, suggestions to post Guard or periodically contest territory along the western road.

Unrelated: Laurel came to me with a discovery of something while in search of [REDACTED]. In the [REDACTED] it appears as though a pit has opened up, surrounding the fauna with lights and has evidence of drifting spirits. Another pit has opened up along the road to [REDACTED], one of darkness. Unknown if sign of the old gods, or something new in coming. I have been around too long to know there is no such thing as coincidence on this island. Intentions to investigate further on their true nature.

Warlord Kro
11:07:32 pm GMT 03/17/20
Warlord Kro Registered Member #1272 Joined: 10:59:54 am GMT 03/18/08
A report written in fine Elven script:

A human male by the name of [REDACTED] and a half-orc by the name of [REDACTED] were discovered setting up a portal at the wall and attempting to break into the fort. They appeared to be in the employ of [REDACTED], who in turn is a known associate of [REDACTED] and others of that ilk, as he too appeared once I started to question them.

Both [REDACTED] and the one called [REDACTED] attacked me. The Blood Guard rallied and in turn both were captured while [REDACTED] fled like a coward.

They were brought to the fort claiming that they were merely seeking a stolen ship. As the fort is not by the ocean and there is no ship this lie and ruse was poorly thought out by them.

Suddenly a horde of goblins attacked. In the fracas the two managed to escape. Know them as enemies to the Blood Guard.

*a description of both follows, in particular a number of the Blood Guard have added how ugly one of them is as footnotes*
Cuchuwyn
6:45:27 pm GMT 03/18/20
Cuchuwyn Registered Member #24041 Joined: 4:19:01 am GMT 01/24/17
Several reports are bundled together, written in broken common:

Report 1:

Saw monster at inn near where road cross. Is fought monster and monster friend. Monster had white wing and, blue eye. Friend had big sword. Is defeat both but is escaped.

An addendum is hastily tacked on

Is two more monster. One with wing like silver ore, other is demon-man fought before. Defeated silver, demon is escape. Is kill many guards before left.

Report 2:
This report is written in a steadier hand

Is find monster lady Solees is call "Chas-cah". Is try to fight, but Solees say is sister. Has learned sometimes wing is mean is not monster to some on surface. Other Silver-wing-man told is not monster to some after defeated him. Is confusing. Is too many rules, who is monster, who is not monster. In underdark, if not Svirfneblin, is monster. Is simple.

Still think Chas-cah is monster though. Is like Illithid- is keep slave alive while useful, then is kill. Will watch Chas-cah. Is probably monster in hiding.

Report 3:

Is see monster again from before. Is have white wing, and wear blue. Is try to kill, so is kill back. Monster should all be defeat like this.
Warlord Kro
10:49:01 pm GMT 03/30/20
Tales of the Blood Guard I

The Blood Guard had gathered to follow up on intelligence uncovered of a drow plot to access the void from a dark pit within the Underdark. A potential new Blood Guard recruit joined our heroes as they made their way to the alleged source, fighting waves of duergar combatants on the way. As they came close they were attacked by strange creatures of void who reached out to them with tentacles of darkness. Overcoming these beasts with blade and axe and bow the Blood Guard found the deep void pit, along with several drow guards. The drow too were soon slain with ruthless force, leaving the Blood Guard to ponder the void pit and a strange crystal of pure void emerging from it. A combination of divine spells and simple light and fire seemed to work in destroying the crystal. Leaving the drow plot undone for now.

The Blood Guard were victorious, but they must be ever watchful and ever vigilant against the monsters of Thain.

// Tales of the Blood Guard is a semi-regular ongoing gathering of Blood Guard and those allied to their cause of hunting monsters of Thain. See here for the details. //
Cuchuwyn
7:30:36 am GMT 04/27/20
Cuchuwyn Registered Member #24041 Joined: 4:19:01 am GMT 01/24/17
A report is written in somewhat broken common, but fairly legibly:

Is take ship to Hintown. Is meet with hin there, who say is need pay fee. Is tell is not need pay fee, is his ship. He say is not his ship. Is say is his ship. He is confused. Is say is gift? Is say yes, is gift from Guard of Blood. Is look in ship. Is say is take ship. Is say, yes, is what is say already. Is leave.
ChaoticDrow
3:32:58 am GMT 05/02/20
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Report from Garrik Brennan: Miriel

Mission successful, for the most part. Thanks due to a focused crew of the Guard, Miriel has been brought back from [REDACTED]. Disguised as [REDACTED], we were able to infiltrate into the [REDACTED] and locate where she was held. Soterya and I acted as the main distraction, as Navaar brought Miriel to safety. As we left via [REDACTED], we were attacked by [REDACTED]. Let it be known it may live in the waters underneath the [REDACTED]. After stunning it with [REDACTED], we were able to wound it enough to cause it to fall back and continued on our way. Recommending extra vigilance from those on duty in case of retaliation. Unfortunately a curse still affects the girl. We have not given up hope that this will be broken, and she can return to us in the flesh.

Special note: Unlikely this tactic will work again. Do not repeat.
ChaoticDrow
4:02:15 pm GMT 05/17/20
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Report from Garrik Brennan: Drow in the Mountains

While roaming the mountain slopes of Hammersong with [REDACTED], we encountered the witch Kallista's shadow [REDACTED]. It appeared to be hunting before it found us. A fight ensued that left us wounded and shaken, but it was driven back. We retreated to a [REDACTED] nearby as darkness crept in around us, signaling the approach of the witch herself.

Knowing she would wait us out, we left to face her head on. I recall little of the events that followed. She descended upon me with malice and fury. The last thing I remember is lightning and pain before waking up back in the [REDACTED].

The witch is still at large and she roams from the Watch and her woods. I don't know what would draw a drow to such a harsh climate as the mountain slopes, but I intend to find out. Take extra caution when approaching, as it is likely her [REDACTED] will not be far off.
ChaoticDrow
12:09:46 am GMT 07/31/20
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Report from Garrik Brennan: Crisis at the Crossroads

Reports read true as to the catastrophe that has fallen upon the Crossroads. Dragonkin bandits calling themselves "Sons of Fhelkorn" have taken the trade by force. Brief reconnaissance reveals a group that was able to escape the attack and has set up camp along the forest. Barricades surround the Trade, along with the bodies of those caught in the crossfire. I have been yet unable to discern the goals of the fanatics, who they serve, and why they targeted the Trade. It seems too brazen for a move by the Watch.

Status of the inside of the Trade is unknown.

The Brotherhood have taken up positions on the surrounding roads. Requesting immediate support to be sent in the form of Bloodguard personnel. Note that any skirmishes will be hard fought and bloody, as the strength of dragons flows in the veins of the marauders. Be warned that the dark witch Kallista was seen within their ranks. They do not act alone.

You will find me on the front lines putting down what beasts I can. Blood protect us.
ChaoticDrow
11:33:24 pm GMT 08/03/20
ChaoticDrow Code Breaker
Report from Garrik Brennan: Battle for the Trade

After a long and bloody fight, the Crossroads and Trade have been reclaimed from the Sons of Fhelkorn.

After being contracted by [REDACTED] in exchange for [REDACTED], a large number of our soldiers mobilized to surround the Trade. The main assault occurred on the surface. I was given orders to take what able bodied adventurers were willing to assist to block a supply and escape route in the [REDACTED]. A sizeable force was mustered, including of all creatures, a pair of red and black chromatics. Personal note: As these kin were surrounded by a battalion, their elimination would have been swift. Orders were maintained to allow the use of their blades, but requesting such does not happen in the future...

[REDACTED] used as pack mules were encountered, along with sizeable forces of those both fleeing and reinforcing the Trade. We also skirmished with [REDACTED], but the ensuing chaos that was created and ultimate target of the Trade led to their escape. After the supply chain was choked, we pushed out from within the Trade to pinch the remaining marauders against the Blood Guard.

A tracking party was sent [REDACTED] to follow up on straggling marauders, and [REDACTED] was discovered. No engagement was made as no one was in condition to start another fight.

Note: 10,000 crowns were promised to those who wished to assist and has yet to be distributed.

Below follows the descriptions of those that aided in the fight wishing to collect on the coin. There is no mention of the Kin.

OOC: Send me a tell/find Garrik if you want the promised coin!
Warlord Kro
2:43:37 am GMT 08/05/20
Report from Laurelanthialii

I came across several strange shadow creatures in the Plane of Shadows. They were shadow creatures but also something more than that, it seems, and included a destructive negative feel unlike anything I have seen before.

I headed to the Crossroads to seek aid from adventurers to destroy them - if possible.

On arrival I was surprised to find the Blood Guard decanted there, along with brother Garrik Brennan who offered assistance. So we headed back to the dark place.

Eventually through my connection to the shadows and Garrick's cleansing flames they were destroyed, however, we clearly felt the presence of two very well known and dangerous figures.

The first: the very essence of the void itself.
The second: a mixture of different energies and savagery, all devoted to destruction.

What is troubling is that those two evil seem very much aligned.

I shall monitor the shadow paths for any further sightings.
 1 2 3 4  last

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 25
  • Members: 2
  • Newest Member: Clarazkatig
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Sephir Vezir
2. Corah Ei'lyn
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org