Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  4 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  4 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  6 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  6 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  6 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  6 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

A scout's work...

1 2 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Falkala
12:35:59 am GMT 07/07/08
Falkala Forum Admin
Registered Member #623 Joined: 6:43:48 am GMT 10/01/05
((This is posted a couple weeks late, as such, not completely up to date. Lost the first post I took all the shots for before RL came creeping up! )) Letheria crouched quietly on the hill over the Crossroads, threading a folded note into a small, glass tube. The tube had several flaws, but she supposed this time her glasscraft was for functionality, not beauty. Putting a cork in the stopper, she moved in under a veil of invisibility to place it within the pocket of a Brotherhood guard... The note within read;
Scouting Report wrote ...
Callan, I spent much time scouting up and down the main road, and the surrounding areas between the Crossroads and Hamley. To be brief, I found little to raise attention except for one specific incident... The full report is attached below. I began my search moving from the Feywood to Crater Lake. The lake itself was still and quiet, but the ground covered in footprints. The Yuan-ti and Skull-Cats moved about as usual. Eventually I reached the fort there. It smelled a bit like Brimstone and burned leaves. There were many signs of recent use, and a chunk taken out of the top. However, most of the wear and tear seemed to be from it falling it on itself as water rose and eroded the stonework. I did not find a single sentient creature, but I found many lizard men in the water beneath. Moving on to the back, there was an old, rundown shack with a cold firepit and straw bedding. I am led to believe something lives there, but I found no sign of draconic use. Moving on, I made my way to the outpost where the knights are stationed. Goblins would run into their bolts every now and then, but they seemed at ease. I circled around to Hamley, and found something worrysome. As the sun rose and sent away the darkness, two dead Emperyans sat on the road. I reported them to Bennars, but their wounds looked spider-related. However, more often than not, two Emperyans are more than a match for the spiders. Worried something may have driven them out, I entered the Spider-Woods. They skittered and spun webs as usual, I saw nothing there to make them leave. The night before had, sadly, given them plenty of food... Making my way back to the main road, it was only filled with wolves and from time to time an adventurer clearly on their way elsewhere. Stopping further south, I stepped in to Raven's Watch... I have always loathed to be near the Watch, so I kept my stay there as quiet as possible. I spotted several un-winged supporters of the dragonkin, but I did not see any scales. Most people were too busy drinking, fighting, or mugging someone. On my way back, as night reached it's peak, I found myself in the Graveyard. The shambling dead were being torn apart by a knightly looking fellow. On the road leading away from the graveyard, I spotted an empty cottage of some sort. It appears to be completely abandoned. The caves nearby were spider inhabited as well. In the end, I came back to the Crossroads with little to tell. It is my thought that the Dragonkin have moved further North, or gone South. -Letheria.
[ Edited ]
Falkala
9:51:48 pm GMT 07/08/08
Falkala Forum Admin
A week had passed, and Leth finally landed at the top of the Great Oak in Feywood. Her wings and shoulders ached, nonstop flying with no chances to trance had her worn and weary.

She rubbed her eyes, no... no dragonkin had come for her as she had feared they would. Did she really slip by their gazes in all her scouting?

Pride began to swell in her, maybe she was better at this than she thought.

... or maybe she was fooling herself.

... deep near the Bugbears, off the road, a bundle of feathers that had been caught on a branch and torn out rustle in the wind, waiting to be found...
oblivioncalls
10:47:11 pm GMT 07/08/08
oblivioncalls Registered Member #155 Joined: 7:47:30 pm GMT 06/22/04
Someone discovers the passing of an avariel.
Falkala
6:47:02 am GMT 07/09/08
Falkala Forum Admin
... how was I so stupid? ...

She is on her knees, head down, teeth sunk into her wings.

"Who did you report to? TELL ME!"

The priestess is yelling, the avarial looks up to spit at her face.

It's all gone horribly wrong... so horribly wrong...

---

The Feywood is without Leth's presence in the skies.
Thranduil Greenleaf
2:09:58 am GMT 07/10/08
Thranduil Greenleaf Registered Member #1145 Joined: 8:28:45 pm GMT 08/30/07
Styvn found a trail of blood and feathers. Red tinged, golden feathers. He had only ever seen those particular feathers on one being. He was fairly certain they belonged to Leth. He was very concerned, and decided the situation warranted further investigation. The first step would be to ask around if anyone had seen Leth recently. He ran into Krin, Meggie and Elvith at the crossroads. They hadn't seen her, but Elvith had another gruesome tale to tell. As did Meggie. No one had seen Leth. Time to expand the search. [ Edited 02:11:00 AM 07/10/08 ]
Katana3DG
3:47:26 am GMT 07/10/08
Katana3DG Registered Member #17 Joined: 1:33:47 am GMT 02/25/04
Andras paled as Patroclus told the story of Mys and her grisly prize, however shock quickly turned to outrage. Both sides had maintained the truce, now the Talons blatantly break it! Calming himself he realized he wasn't even certain if the story was true, but then again he couldn't take the chance it was not. He visited both Colonel Bennars and the Feywood council asking of they had any knowledge of Letheria's whereabouts. She had not been seen for some time. Hardly conclusive proof, but surely reason for concern. If Letheria was in the hands of the Talons he would need to move quickly! He shuddered at the memory of the kin laughing and proclaiming their preference for elfmeat. He penned several letters and left them in his room at the guildhouse. One for Bryony and the others addressed to the various guilds he had been in negotiations with for the past few weeks. Should he go missing Bryony would surely find them. It would take precious time to gather the few contingency supplies he would need. The plan was dangerous, some might even say foolhardy, but if things went well he just might be able to save Letheria -and- avert war... If things went poorly, he might be next on the menu. [ Edited 03:49:11 AM 07/10/08 ]
Katana3DG
6:43:47 pm GMT 07/14/08
Andras looked everywhere for Pariah, it seems she and her Talons had gone to ground since taking Letheria.

It seemed now that peace would be impossible, he would have to gather a large force to assault their new "secret" home.

Perhaps violence is all they ever understood.
Katana3DG
7:15:21 pm GMT 07/14/08
On his way south to find allies, Andras spots the note on the tree at the 'Watch. Quickly he sends a note to Styvn.
letter wrote ...
Styvn, You wished information on the whereabouts of Letheria, this note below was left on a tree at the 'Watchfire ...
letter wrote ...
To concerned citizens, If you wonder where the avariel has gone, I take it upon myself to inform you that she has gone soaring into the infernal darkness to visit a rather large and red razer of souls. I cannot guarantee her condition when you find her, but she was whole when she went on her journey.
We must work quickly to rescue her, find allies and I will do the same. If I am able to I will assist you with the Soul Razer. Then we can best decide how to deal with the Talons. ~Andras
[ Edited 07:16:21 PM 07/14/08 ]
Thranduil Greenleaf
9:02:52 pm GMT 07/14/08
Thranduil Greenleaf Registered Member #1145 Joined: 8:28:45 pm GMT 08/30/07
Styvn receives the note from Andras, and busies himself preparing for the coming tasks.

Stormkitten
10:44:15 pm GMT 07/14/08
Stormkitten ...
Registered Member #118 Joined: 12:54:31 pm GMT 05/14/04
The news spreads. [ 118_air_shrine_prayer.jpg ]
1 2 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 46
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: PeterNar
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
(Empty)

Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org