| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Payne
02:50:12 PM 02/20/20
I believe it is a blank space

Falkala
02:33:15 PM 02/20/20
I'm gonna be at work til 6-7 PST, Am. I can take a look after that. Is the name a blank space or a question mark?

Corlupi
11:37:13 AM 02/20/20
Actually, nevermind.

Amracil
11:23:43 AM 02/20/20
No real rush.

Amracil
11:22:56 AM 02/20/20
@Falkala. I am still getting the "this character was created by someone else... log in with that player name to use this character" message.

Corlupi
04:33:54 AM 02/20/20
Lom = Evendithus.

Corlupi
04:33:40 AM 02/20/20
Darn, Lom beat me to my post. Could I ask a moderator to kindly move my latest post in Enter the Void to precede Lom's two.

archgrendel
09:39:35 PM 02/19/20
*waves to Am! *

Falkala
08:59:28 PM 02/19/20
Hey Am! I'm at work at the moment, but are you getting kicked again? I thought our last fix stuck

Amracil
07:13:47 PM 02/19/20
Falkala... if you see this... any chance you can help me get my doppelganger sorted in-game? Many thanks!

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
A Cure for Dragons
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Just Miggen, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Corlupi
11:40:50 AM 01/23/20
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
A Cure for Dragons

Beware the darkness of dragons,
Beware the stalker of dreams,
Beware the talons of power and fire,
Beware one who is not what she seems.

- Tui T. Sutherland, Darkness of Dragons

The sun was setting on the Huntmaster on his trek through Feywood, just a pink glimmer over barren canopies. The valley was in darkness, but he could have walked the way blindfold. He knew every rut in the mossy track, every trunk on the abutting trees massed along the bluffs. Heavy-looking, ponderous clouds drifted overhead, some hanging so low that they had swallowed half the forest in a dull-grey mist. The growing roar of the wind echoed throughout the valley, somehow reminiscent of a band of wraiths as it shrieked and rustled the branches, billowing at the mist until the mist took the shape of dancing phantoms. It was a portentous night, a night full of omens and signs, some whispered by the wind, others gleaned from patterns in the sky. But the Huntmaster, however much he strained his hearing or narrowed his eyes, found no answers for the dark questions plaguing his thoughts, haunting him like the wind haunted the trees. He had called for an Elfmeet, one that would bring the peoples of Greenvale and Feywood together, but just when he thought the Elves of Thain were finally about to embark on those final steps toward unification, Fate had conspired against them. Or the Darkfey had. The Master had breached into Elisara's Tower, and although he had been felled, his parting gift to the Queen of the South had been a fell stroke of ironic tragedy. Yu'syu had become the very thing she despised the most: a dragon. Chromatic.

The Huntmaster paused his stride. In the distance, he saw the glittering leaves of the Elder Oak, and he knew his kinsmen were preparing the midwinter feast there, and that the Elder Council would be attending. What would he tell them? That Yu'syu had changed into a beast, but that she was still the same benevolent soul under the scales, and that they could trust his saying so? It sounded ridiculous even to his ears. It had taken hundreds of years of convincing for the Elves of Feywood to venture outside their forest and meddle in the affairs of the outside world. They had done it during the Kinswar and the Great War, and the price had been high. They had done it to defend the South from the Darkfey, but again, at what cost, or, rather, to what outcome? To put a dragon on a throne? The Huntmaster exhaled a slow and quiet sigh, then turned around and stalked out the way he'd come.

If any bridge was to be built between Greenvale and Feywood, it had to occur without a dragon on Elisara's Throne. What that boded for Yu'syu, the Huntmaster dreaded to contemplate. He prayed to the Seldarine a cure could be found, even if that cure had to be dredged up from the depths of the Feywild. Because if a cure was not found, and found soon, it would be delivered at the tip of Jestin or Deidra's lance.

[ Edited 11:46:00 AM 01/23/20 ]

Renneleth: Huntmaster.
Sye'synn: Night-Sister.
Malarahc: Voidcaller.
Website
Corlupi
03:21:58 AM 02/03/20
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
The Master is Dead, Long Live the Duke and Duchess

Part I

[ image disabled ]

An elf knowledgeable in the ways of the forest learns as their first lesson that to get to the root of a problem, one must attend to it with uncompromising diligence and determination. One must also be ruthless. That is to say, if one suspects disease among animals or a blight among flora, attempting to isolate the diseased or blighted component will not suffice, for, indeed, it is an impossible endeavour. Thus one must act with an extensive remedy in mind, culling whole flocks of animals at a time, or purging whole forests.

On Thain, there is one such widespread disease, an epidemic blight. It has touched many things, elf as well as beast, tree as well as sky. Its chief architect, the Master, was felled in City of Elisara, but a disease is not quelled simply because you have identified the original host. To quell this fell sickness, to release its hold on Greenvale, on Feywood, on the Woods Beyond, and on Queen Yu'syu, one must travel to their realm, and one must purge all that is the Darkfey.

We shall begin by finding the Duke and the Duchess, the Master's heirs apparent.

The Duke and the Duchess are elusive foes, their whereabouts unknown to even some of their own disciples. But one Darkfey may know about them. The mysterious Warden. The Warden is said to run a secret Darkfey prison, sending hunters to capture fey that are subsequently forced into slavery. Elith's own fey familiar has been abducted, and so has Torthoril's. The Warden and his prison must be found, for the sake of the captured fey, and for the sake of finding the Duke and the Duchess, the inheritors of the Master's power.

________

Objective: Join Renneleth, Elith and Torthoril on an epic journey, part one of two, to locate the secret Darkfey prison. Will the group of bold heroes and disguised villains find the captured fey, and will they set them free? And what of the Warden? Will he face due justice, or will there be fell pacts and dark negotiation?
Date: Tentative date for the first event is Saturday, February 15, 9 PM GMT+1.
Who Can Attend? Anyone who has a stake in the Darkfey plot. This is an invitation to both pro- and anti-Darkfey characters. Poisonwood agents are encouraged to attend, but shall have to be initially disguised.

[ Edited 06:06:17 AM 02/04/20 ]

Website
Corlupi
06:07:55 AM 02/04/20
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
[OOC: Nature of event has been changed to more accurately reflect Darkfey lore. Please re-read preceding post, now edited.]

Website
Kat
04:45:45 AM 02/11/20

Registered Member #25300
So I think this is 8am Sunday morning for us Aussies. Should be good to go.

Dele Ondre Blackle - elf, a bleeding heart.
Dele's original theme
Unwritten
Bang Bang
Corlupi
05:34:52 AM 02/17/20
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
The Master is Dead, Long Live the Duke and Duchess

Part II

[ image disabled ]

We found the Darkfey Prison. We found the Warden. The horrors we saw nearly surpassed the nightmare of Nayritha's experiments under Fort Crater. An irrepressible propensity toward cruelty has ever been the defining hallmark of Man, but to witness it among fey - one fey condoning if not actively perpetrating torture on fellow fey - was truly unsettling. The Darkfey, then, harbour no sense of kinship. The Warden said as much. They do not care about constraints of any kind, and morals and conscience, it seems, are just as much a constraint to the Darkfey as is a chain around the ankle. The Warden had wanted to negotiate. Tothoril obliged by decapitating the Warden's head with a spectral sword. Good riddance!

The Warden himself was not forthcoming with knowledge about the Duke and the Duchess, but we found answers in a hidden compartment of a chest in the Warden's personal chamber. We now have a map that will show us the way to the Duke's Palace. To get there, we must traverse across the White Beyond. May the Seldarine watch over us. No-one else will.

________

Objective: A group of unlikely heroes have found a map to a hidden Darkfey palace in the White Beyond. If any Darkfey would anything about the curse the Master bestowed on Queen Yu'syu, it would be the Duke and the Duchess, the Master's heirs apparent, both of whom are believed to dwell in the palace. Join Renneleth, Elith, Tothoril and others as they brave the White Beyond to find a means to save the Queen of the South.
Date: Tentative date for this second event is Saturday, February 29, immediately after the Thain Townhall Meeting.
Type of Event: Unlike part I, part II will not be player-DMed. Honourable Cuchuwyn will assume the reins of narration.
Who Can Attend? Anyone who has a stake in the Darkfey plot. This is an invitation to both pro- and anti-Darkfey characters. If you are uncertain about anything, I would encourage you to poke [DM]Cuchuwyn.

[ Edited 09:09:20 AM 02/17/20 ]

Website

Jump:     Back to top