| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

scratch_flannigan
12:39:23 PM 01/19/20
Nature Night begins in about 1.5 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CST (GMT -6).

Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be on as Malam. Please shoot a tell to me with any questions.

Glognar
02:57:28 AM 01/19/20
Not sure if my original account was #14 or #33, it's early '04 regardless, but we had a forum on the BioWare site before this one so say I joined Thain late '03... Damn 16 years. Turned 34 in December. 😎🍻 Cheers Thain Family!

scratch_flannigan
11:53:50 PM 01/18/20
Looks like 33 to 47 for me!

C_McG
09:47:54 PM 01/18/20
Oh, just passed by 14 year mark. That would be 30 -> 44 for me.

dontyouknow
08:49:54 PM 01/18/20
25 then, 38 now for me.

Izral
02:07:57 PM 01/18/20
16 > 31 for me.

Zhymm
01:40:53 PM 01/18/20
Young whipper/snappers ... my profile says I joined this forum in 2004 (over 15 years ago). I was a spry 53 YO.

Jandari
01:28:03 PM 01/18/20
35-46

Dogbert
01:12:24 PM 01/18/20
15->31 here!

Jandari
01:11:33 PM 01/18/20
when i started, i mean.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: Neverwinter Nights

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Can we move a character?
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
OuterSanctum
08:15:15 PM 12/29/19
Registered Member #24000
I had a character named Ryleena Windstrom on my account OuterSanctum (like my forum name). I'd like to play her but I got a new computer and with it a blank character list. Someone mentioned in chatbox that it might be a CD Key issue but I don't have my old one handy. Can someone help me move this character or tell me what I'd need to do to gain access to her again?

Thank you!

Ryleena Windstrom - "Paladin of Freedom"
Cuchuwyn
08:21:55 PM 12/29/19

Registered Member #24041
Make a post in this thread: -Clickedy-

and those with the power to do so can help you out!

Cuchuwyn: Improbably Dwarven Druid
Melphaecto: Erinyes with a Grudge
Agni: Arcane Smith
Mors: Tombsinger
Website
OuterSanctum
09:04:57 PM 12/29/19
Registered Member #24000
She's already ported to EE. In fact when I log in to Thain it says "this account is already linked to another player" and boots me.

Ryleena Windstrom - "Paladin of Freedom"
Zhymm
11:47:22 PM 12/29/19

Registered Member #191
Same for me (Zhymm). My characters were all gone. I made a new one called Zhymm, asked for a character transfer. Now I get booted every time I try to log in the server.

If I were organized I'd be dangerous.

Zhymm Grasscobble (AKA "Cobble") - halfling rogue, immersion disruptor, "The Tale of the Fey Blades" -Clickedy-, "The Pink Hair Incident" -Clickedy-,

Zuben el Genubi - inept human wizard,

Shando Reyer (AKA "Morgan") - shadow touched human ranger, "Where Lies Blame?" -Clickedy-, "Another Path Opens" -Clickedy-

Tagnus Stenkil (AKA "Tag") - dwarven fighter from the (late) Cloud Peaks Clan,

Dawson Mossmann - human druid, studies mosses and lichens,

Scatos Umbrassi- mustachio-ed, shadow touched human rogue,

Frin Featherfoot - fleet of foot halfling monk,

Sheeza Biggun - female half-orc barbarian,

Carmine Underhill - halfling wizard, Underhill family potion brewer,

Kovapuusti Ristalko (AKA Dulenti Sendel) - halfling wizard, Red Wizard wannabe, "The Transformation" -Clickedy-,

and a host of others.
Squidget
11:58:55 PM 12/29/19
Up to no good

Registered Member #20
These kinds of character transfers (specifically, an existing set of EE characters to another EE account) are pretty messy for us to do and take a ton of manual work.

If you guys could both post:
-The names of the characters you need moved
-The name of the old account
-The name of the new account (with the same capitalization it has in-game!) and at least one character on the account (feel free to make a character if one isn't there, but I need the character name.)

Kallista D'Mora

[ image disabled ]
Zhymm
12:18:09 AM 12/30/19

Registered Member #191
I don't understand how I ended up with two accounts (if that's the case). Did a re-install (via Steam), launch the game from Steam, log-in on Thain and my characters are all gone. I'd done re-installs via Steam before (after computer upgrades) and never had this problem. Could Steam have fuxored my account? The Thain server seems to think it's a new account ... I'm tired and confused.

And I have a ton of characters, just look at my signature. And that's not even half of them.

[ Edited 12:25:38 AM 12/30/19 ]

Zhymm Grasscobble (AKA "Cobble") - halfling rogue, immersion disruptor, "The Tale of the Fey Blades" -Clickedy-, "The Pink Hair Incident" -Clickedy-,

Shando Reyer (AKA "Morgan") - shadow touched human ranger, "Where Lies Blame?" -Clickedy-, "Another Path Opens" -Clickedy-

Kovapuusti Ristalko (AKA Dulenti Sendel) - halfling wizard, Red Wizard wannabe, "The Transformation" -Clickedy-,

and a host of others.
Squidget
01:05:47 AM 12/30/19
Up to no good

Registered Member #20
I think if you reinstall from the same Steam account, it should keep the same key! At least that's what I'd expect!

The old install wasn't on GoG or Beamdog client?

Kallista D'Mora

[ image disabled ]
Zhymm
09:12:44 AM 12/30/19

Registered Member #191
Two years ago when Thain went to NwN:EE I bought that version from Beamdog and installed it (probably via Beamdog, I don't remember the details). Everyone (IIRC) had to have their characters ported over from the old server to the new one. No problems with that, all mine ported over.

Ultimately Beamdog hooked up with Steam and I began using my Steam account to launch the game when I played. In fact, I was in game the Sunday before Christmas (Dec 22). An event was starting (Nature Night) and a DM sent me a PM asking if I wanted in. I couldn't stay long and opted out.

The thing is, I've done numerous re-installs of NwN:EE. I run linux as my OS and often try out different distributions. When I'd install a different distro I would also re-install some software packages, including NwN:EE. It's easy for me to re-install NwN:EE via my Steam account, it only takes a few minutes.

That's what I had done on Dec 22 and just popped into Thain long enough to make sure everything was fine, which it was. This past Thursday (Dec 26) I did the same thing (I'd got a new SSD for my computer for Xmas, so replaced the HD in it). But this time, after logging into Thain, my characters were gone. I was like "wtf??" Hence my current dilemma. The cd keys listed in my accounts at Steam and at Beamdog are the identical and they're the same ones I have in my notes from the first Beamdog install 2 years ago.

What changed between the 22nd and the 26th? My hardware, but that shouldn't affect my Steam account. I have a character on another server and now that server behaves the same way. So, I suspect my problem lies with Steam. Was there a recent update of NwN:EE or with the Steam client?

and a host of others.
Thranduil Greenleaf
09:36:59 AM 12/30/19

Registered Member #1145
Not sure if this helps or not, but there is a newer update for NWN EE available from Beamdog that Thain has not implemented yet. If you have installed that latest update, you're running the wrong version of the game to play on Thain. Might be worth looking into.

Styvn-elf, Tel'Varataurie. -Clickedy- (player loggin = Thranduil Greenleaf) -Clickedy-

Roklynd Elendili-half elf, servant of Mielikki. (player loggin = Kun tao)

Theven Nimblfingers-halfling, lock & trap master. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

Bob Johnson-human, large meat shield. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Bor'el Greenleaf-elf, healer, priest of Corellon. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Edan Amandil-human, healer. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

John Smith-human, blacksmith. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)

Rosco Underhill-halfling, "Underhill family" hit man. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)[/color]

Kings are fools, and nations of men greater fools, to do the bidding of such men and be commanded by their pettiness.... and to die for their whims.
Squidget
01:11:26 PM 12/30/19
Up to no good

Registered Member #20
I think the latest mini-update is cross-compatible, it should be fine!

Kallista D'Mora

[ image disabled ]
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top