| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Kyssyt
03:05:25 PM 01/17/20
I agree about the absurdity of conversations that last two days and two nights. but in terms of age - especially long-term characters - passage of time throws up interesting questions.

Jandari
11:09:33 AM 01/17/20
Yeah, it's all subjective and based on the story being told.

Payne
10:11:19 AM 01/17/20
*Points to Dogberts comment*

This is the way.

Dogbert
01:11:39 AM 01/17/20
I prefer to use real-time, myself! I don't imagine any of my characters have really had 4 day conversations, for instance.

Cuchuwyn
08:29:10 PM 01/16/20
It should be noted though that time is a nebulous concept at best on Thain. The answer to any question about how much time has passed between two events is always "however much time is most interesting for the story".

Thranduil Greenleaf
08:18:58 PM 01/16/20
@Kyssyt,
I did the math on that about 10 years ago, and if it hasn't changed, 1 year RL is equal to about 30 years game time on Thain. So, 12 years RL would be about 360 years on Thain.

Kyssyt
08:05:23 PM 01/16/20
What's 12 RL years in Thain years?

Jandari
05:51:49 PM 01/16/20
code? Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start?

Cuchuwyn
05:40:58 PM 01/16/20
You know, this Melphaecto woman may be a bit harsh, but she at least has a code.

Payne
03:31:27 PM 01/16/20
Vaurin is looking like the hero we all need after all.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: Neverwinter Nights

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Shoutouts CXLVI
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
This thread is now closed
Author Post
Alanonas
09:06:51 PM 12/10/19

Registered Member #24078
Fun day!

Big shoutouts to the Blood Guard and the Bloody Blades for even bloodier battle, and to the Minotaur mischief with Mithas beforehand!

Super kudos of Elith for setting up a surprise Necro Night as well!

[ Edited 09:07:27 PM 12/10/19 ]

Rhandum: Demonic Trickster: Recipe for Catastrophe, Riftflections, What's in a Name
Morton Falone: Gravewarden : Revenants, Trials of the Necromancers
Aldorian Walker: Infernal Warlock: Pact Born
Valbryxicsh: Visionary: In the Eye of a Beholder
Cuchuwyn
09:30:54 PM 12/10/19

Registered Member #24041
Seconded!

Cuchuwyn: Improbably Dwarven Druid
Melphaecto: Erinyes with a Grudge
Agni: Arcane Smith
Mors: Tombsinger
Website
Corlupi
02:57:16 AM 12/11/19
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
Thanks to all those who came to RP at the Blood Guard camp last night. Navaar, Gram, Felicity, Lucille, Soterya, Tolthoril, Elith, Sage. And a special thanks to Kallista, Conrad, Alanonas, Xulinn (maybe others?) for bringing action and mischief to the table.

And, of course, to DM_Oberon for the bonus DM magic.

Renneleth Margaladhon: Huntmaster. Hope-Bringer.
Renneleth's Stories: Fatus Conexi, An Sestainell, Feywars, Elfmeet, An Seste, Rusvantan, Parma Tel'Quessir, Agarwoth, Perya Anta, Perya Heledh

Cassia Aurelia: The Red Woman. Fireblood.
Cassia's Stories: Fatus Conexi, Nunquam non Paratus, Ludi Gladiatorius, Codex Caelestis, Instaurare Omnia in Lux, Deus Vult, Omnes Contra Sortes, Sanguis Mundi, Ne Plus Ultra

"To run with the wolf was to run in the shadows, the dark ray of life, survival and instinct. A fierceness that was both proud and lonely, a tearing, a howling, a hunger and thirst. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst. A strength that would die fighting, kicking, screaming, that wouldn't stop until the last breath had been wrung from its body. The will to take one's place in the world. To say 'I am here.' To say 'I am.'"

― O. R. Melling, The Book of Dreams
Website
Omedoom
05:40:17 AM 12/11/19

Registered Member #24486
Corlupi wrote ...

Thanks to all those who came to RP at the Blood Guard camp last night. Navaar, Gram, Felicity, Lucille, Soterya, Tolthoril, Elith, Sage. And a special thanks to Kallista, Conrad, Alanonas, Xulinn (maybe others?) for bringing action and mischief to the table.

Seconded! I hadn't pvped in ages and this particular scuffle sure stirred up a lot of present and upcoming rp moments! Thrilling fun.

Characters:
Conrad Gilles - Brutish Mercenary of the Bloody Blades. Die by the Blade! - Theme
Arstan Suncrest - Bearded Justice of Torm. Last Stand of Justice! - Theme

PCA 2019 Character of the Year - Conrad Gilles
Oberon
09:39:32 AM 12/11/19

Registered Member #24214
Shoutouts from me too, it was so much fun watching and interacting with all of you! I had a great view of the action too you were all badass and I didn't experience any lag which made it even more pleasant to see.

Also a belated shoutout to Elith and Tauredhiel for the fun in the snow!

And lastly a shoutout to everyone!<3 I have had such a warm welcome from our amazing staff and players who are always up to something fun, the past couple of weeks whenever I log on there is just so much good stuff happening around the Island that I don't even know where to begin. Sorry if I've paused the server or killed you by accident, I'll get better playing with you guys!

[ Edited 09:41:04 AM 12/11/19 ]

Scragg

RO53
Vaeltava
11:46:28 PM 12/11/19

Registered Member #1761
Shoutout to Elissril and Felicity for the latest chapter in the Sefton mystery!! Incredible how good RP can go so long, but it was great fun!

Acanthus Aranneus Garanthes- Wizard. Doing His Best
Garagnavagh- Voracious Gnoll Chieftain
Lucille Sefton- Restless Soul
Darvin Wuthers- Merchant of Wares

Garagnavagh -- Funniest Character 2018; tied for Best Character 2018 with Ralzok Snagason.

Thain is what you make of it; No one will do anything for you. It's a video game, where we kill dragons in neverneverland. You can do whatever you want, and if anything, there will be droves of people to move in and support your idea. --Cannonfodder
Payne
12:02:10 AM 12/12/19
EXCELSIOR!

Registered Member #613
Oberon wrote ...

....... or killed you by accident...

"By accident"

Corlupi's muse since 2015.
[ image disabled ]

Riggs - The Man in Black Riggs Theme Song
Vaurin - The Taaldarax of the 'Great Game'
Paydon - Thayan Red Memoirs
Tyson - Paladin of Sune
Slagg - Chosen Priest of Wa'i'lanai
Sqwar - High Priest of Squar'Kanith
Caustin - 'Feywood Elf'
Jachin - Agent of the 'Collective'
Kat
12:19:20 AM 12/12/19

Registered Member #25300
Omedoom wrote ...

Corlupi wrote ...

Seconded! I hadn't pvped in ages and this particular scuffle sure stirred up a lot of present and upcoming rp moments! Thrilling fun.

The Iron City was just observing, not participating. At least at this stage...

Dele Ondre Blackle - elf, a bleeding heart.
Dele's original theme
Unwritten
Bang Bang
Dogbert
09:03:58 PM 12/14/19
Hundbert

Registered Member #293
100% chance I miss at least one person, so I don't want to name names and leave someone out, but a huge shoutout and thank you to everyone who helped Barakka_san and I make Fight Party IV a success. Player events need players or they'd never amount to anything! Couldn't have done it without you guys. <3

Character list: Agneta: Northerner, Tempuran, Valkyrie, party planner. "Why is this woman everywhere at the worst times?" -Garrik
Warlord Kro
09:17:49 PM 12/14/19

Registered Member #1272
Dogbert wrote ...

100% chance I miss at least one person, so I don't want to name names and leave someone out, but a huge shoutout and thank you to everyone who helped Barakka_san and I make Fight Party IV a success. Player events need players or they'd never amount to anything! Couldn't have done it without you guys. <3

+1!

Props to the players, and of course you all for the great set up and organisation.

Well done!

"Imagine a ruin so strange it must never have happened. First, picture the forest. I want you to be its conscience, the eyes in the trees. The trees are columns of thick, brindled bark like muscular animals overgrown beyond all reason. Every space is filled with life: delicate, poisonous frogs, war-painted like skeletons, clutched in copulation, secreting their precious eggs onto dripping leaves. Vines strangling their own kin, in the everlasting wrestle for sunlight... A glide of snake belly on branch. A single-file army of ants biting a mammoth tree into uniform grains and hauling it down to the dark for their ravenous queen. And, in reply, a choir of seedlings, arching their necks out of rotted tree stumps, sucking life out of death. This forest eats itself and lives forever."

The PoisonWood Bible - Barbara Kingsolve
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top