| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Jandari
09:20:06 AM 07/18/19
I hope they don't screw it up.

Vaeltava
06:10:35 PM 07/17/19
Well, that's some news, Jandari.

Jandari
03:46:49 PM 07/17/19

wisdombeyondages
03:09:14 PM 07/17/19
Its part of why so many dont post much. I am 10-12 hours behind on posts.

scratch_flannigan
02:48:12 PM 07/17/19
Good to see you back, Zhymm !

Jandari
01:02:18 PM 07/17/19
I feel your pain, Zhymm.

Zhymm
11:39:30 AM 07/17/19
Decided to drop in, started going through all the forum posts, mainly IC stuff, since my last visit. Whew, that was a lot of reading. Well, more like 'skimming' than reading. I think I'm caught up on events since my last visit months ago. How do you folks generate so much content so quickly? It takes my hours just to create and compose a 'short' IC post.

Daenre
09:45:30 PM 07/15/19
hey all been a long time since I poked my head in, still haven't gotten round to getting the remaster of nwn, but I miss this place terribly. one day I'll get the upgrade xD hope you all are having fun and are still making some awesome stories together

Falkala
02:04:51 PM 07/15/19
-Clickedy- Thain Patreon is up, for those who would like to help us with the server costs.

Jandari
10:51:59 AM 07/15/19

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Off-Topic :: Major General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Taking IG in OOC
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Falkala, Payne, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Destinysdesire
06:55:52 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #25297
Okay so since this seems to have come up 3x in less then a week, I feel this post is needed. I play some very controversial characters. Characters that may come across as assholes, untrustworthy, at times hurtful and maybe even spiteful sometimes. I find that I need to post on here now that this is NOT an OOC thing. These chars I play are played out as THEY would react. I am always open to story telling and all my characters are played with the ideals that the RP molds the characters. Yet three times just this week, people have taken things way too seriously OOCly rather then ICly and for someone in my position that has mental anxiety issues, this is a very fast way to drive me from the server. I enjoy playing here with everyone I have come across. Please though, stop taking my characters actions OOCly, he acts as he does because its his character, not because I am trying to hurt you or upset you in any way, shape or form. Thank you in advance.

Eilonna Eldafire - Monk of Ilmater
Rozira Svetam - Red Wizard of Thay
Arthur Delrin - Banite warrior
Calel'ruril Winsbane
Izral
07:06:32 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #408
I wouldn't worry. Most of the playerbase can differentiate IC from the OOC.

Chaska Bellator - Celestial Knight, Truth. - Lightbringer

-5 EST
Website
Destinysdesire
07:07:24 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #25297
Normally I would agree with you, but 3 players that I would never expect it from have taken it ooc and its already caused issues and for me is extremely painful and sets off my anxiety.

Calel'ruril Winsbane
Eijji
08:29:21 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #24784
Have you tried discussing it with them personally or contacting a DM or someone mellow to mediate? It will get neither party in trouble and seems a might less problematic than making a post on the public forum. Even if you don't name names I feel like it's going to make problems worse instead of better...

Tolthor Silverwing: Silver Dragonkin of Torm - MADKID - RISE
Gringen Gingerbranch: Hin Fist Pack Mule - Woodkid - Run Boy Run
Pippa Pappadapoulous: Hin Guerilla Sniper - Extreme Music - Upside Down World
Amzul Estindo: Dirgesinger of the Unseelie Court - HIM - Join Me (In Death)
Doug Appleby: Just Simple Country Folk - Justin Cross - Drink The Water
Omedoom
09:07:59 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #24486
I have occasionally ran into the same concern when acting out Conrad's moodswings and other character related twists and turns, gladly in all cases my concerns have proven unnecessary. Like Eiji mentioned there, healthy communication ooc is the key in addressing such issues and avoiding misunderstandings. Adding also to Izral's mention, majority of the playerbase is certainly used to facing different kinds of characters over the decades that Thain has existed. In my opinion you can get pretty far with the "Eye for the game" approach, despite character nature or the situation you can respect the ongoing rp with a bit of ooc thinking on the side.

Characters:
Conrad Gilles - Brutish Mercenary of the Bloody Blades. Unleash the Battle Fury! - Theme
Arstan Suncrest - Bearded Justice of Torm.
Jandari
09:09:01 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #1320
Sometimes it can be really hard on us, personally, to behave in a way ICly that is diffefrent from what we would normally do. Take Dace, for example. I used to feel SO guilty when I just refused to travel with or associate with certain toons. I even made a post like this apologizing about it. But he just WOULDNT do it and to play him otherwise is just not authentic, or honest. My point is this: Play you toon, bro. BE him and do what he would do. TRUST me.....aint nobody here gonna take it personally or dislike you for it. Quite the contrary, they'll respect it.

"In Valor there is Hope" - Tacitus

Dace Sontan - Keeper of Thain and Priest of Torm
Sollis Lott -Celestial Knight of Thain (occupying the seat of Valour), Torm-tar
Kellendill Fehrien - Bladesinger and Knight of Greenvale

2016 People's Choice- Best Hero (Dace Sontan), Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Best Group (Team Keepers).

2017 People's Choice- Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

2018 People's Choice - Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

Dace's Song: -Clickedy-
Jandari
09:10:51 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #1320
Omedoom makes another point: His toon, Conrad, used to be GREAT friends with one of my toons: Sollis. Due to IC actions, that can no longer be. I am, OOC, saddened by this, but IC, it is what it is and we play our dudes faithfully. But I still see Omedoom as a BRO and will always, cuase he's my friend first and foremost.

2016 People's Choice- Best Hero (Dace Sontan), Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Best Group (Team Keepers).

Destinysdesire
09:14:26 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #25297
Eijji wrote ...

Have you tried discussing it with them personally or contacting a DM or someone mellow to mediate? It will get neither party in trouble and seems a might less problematic than making a post on the public forum. Even if you don't name names I feel like it's going to make problems worse instead of better...

Some I have, others I could not till a DM stepped in. Not gonna name players, but its a generalized statement, not against anyone.

Calel'ruril Winsbane
Jandari
09:16:41 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #1320
Destinysdesire wrote ...

Eijji wrote ...

Some I have, others I could not till a DM stepped in. Not gonna name players, but its a generalized statement, not against anyone.

It can NEVER hurt to simply ASK someone if they are upset or how they are feeling. I've always had GREAT results when following that approach, and many good friendships have developed over the years.

Omedoom
10:05:34 AM 07/18/19

Registered Member #24486
Jandari wrote ...

Omedoom makes another point: His toon, Conrad, used to be GREAT friends with one of my toons: Sollis. Due to IC actions, that can no longer be. I am, OOC, saddened by this, but IC, it is what it is and we play our dudes faithfully. But I still see Omedoom as a BRO and will always, cuase he's my friend first and foremost.

Unfortunately Sollis couldn't make Conrad a good guy despite his valiant efforts, but Arstan is still out there and might surface soon again! Love ya Jandari you arse! ;D

Characters:
Conrad Gilles - Brutish Mercenary of the Bloody Blades. Unleash the Battle Fury! - Theme
Arstan Suncrest - Bearded Justice of Torm.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top