The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


Payne
04:14:14 PM 02/27/20
The anti has been raised!

-Clickedy-

DavidtheGreat
03:57:55 PM 02/27/20
Felicity would pay 400k If someone pulled that off. Just sayin'.

archgrendel
03:13:30 PM 02/27/20
.. damn, tips must be good at the Tin Tankard. where do I apply ?

Payne
02:43:42 PM 02/27/20
....payment from Felicity. Apparently she has the most money, other than Lianna...

Payne
02:32:08 PM 02/27/20
Tin Tankard will sponsor the event, 100k to whomever kills Kallista and throws her into Blackrock Prison.

Must be a prisoner to collect, no fake kills.

Shade
02:03:34 PM 02/27/20
That's just cruel!

Evendithus
12:46:29 PM 02/27/20
I predict explosions

Corlupi
11:27:38 AM 02/27/20
06.00!
It's a very early GMT morning.

Glognar
11:02:27 AM 02/27/20
Oh... yea.. 18 hours and the fact that it says 06:00 GMT+1 in the post. Didn't notice that untill you asked now. I'd say it's a morrning session for us GMTers. A shame I have to get to work.

Shade
10:13:53 AM 02/27/20
Wait, is that 6 as in 06:00 or 18:00?



Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion
 
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Curious Rumors V: The Rumors Strike Back
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Just Miggen, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
DavidtheGreat
02:52:38 PM 02/03/20
Registered Member #23821
Joined: 01:18:34 AM 03/19/14
Posts: 109
Whispers begin spreading among the populace of Steinkreis, from the nobles to the commoners.

"Did you hear about that assassination attempt, in our own streets? Happened right around the corner I heard! Some good the Knights are doing!"

"I heard they were the ones who paid for it! Person got stabbed, they were right on scene moments after it happened and tried to sneak her away without a whisper, and now they're saying she's the criminal."

"Maybe it was more gang violence?"

"I heard it was Lord Telmoran himself wanting to make someone disappear!"

"Oh don't be silly, that's preposterous... Right?..."

"You've seen the posters though... Bargus' seal and everything..."

David, The Great!

Winner of 2016 Best Character Award: Rose
Back to top
o_chadon_o
04:52:05 AM 02/07/20

Registered Member #1763
Joined: 09:09:42 PM 10/23/11
Posts: 47
A pair of divine entities were left at the Southern ruins of the Brotherhood outpost to guard the area that had been left open.

Orn Shashi'ternock - Hellshire Craftsmaster, Grumpy Survivalist, and Found Lizardfolk

Zanthyr, Advocate of Friendship, Smiles, and Bahamut

Felix Reldan - Way of the Dragon Monk
Back to top
Kyssyt
05:14:08 PM 02/09/20

Registered Member #1273
Joined: 09:56:54 AM 03/23/08
Posts: 499
Among some adventuring classes, and especially around Greenvale, Sandburrow and Hammersong, it may be heard that the Master of Conjuration at the Magic School in Greenvale (whose name, it seems, is Hanne Meyuul) is interested in acquiring good quality [whatever your character calls Crafting Tokens].

In Steinkreis, a rumour may instead run that a teacher called Ms. Meyuul, at the Silver Scroll Academy, is looking for such items.

In 'other' circles in that city, word may go that some old posh bird is looking for special ingredients. Says her name's Hanne - but I savvy she might be a wizard, so have a care, aye?

To her various contacts, Hanne has made a general request for [Crafting Tokens] from any source. She has made it clear she is prepared to be generous, especially for the very best quality. And in all cases, the place she has asked for contact to be made, is via (or at) the Cobblewall Inn.



/ooc: anytime you see Hanne in-game, if you have tokens to get rid of, please do hit me up. RP around this is always welcome.

In-game: Neverwinthefights
Back to top
Oberon
05:27:56 PM 02/09/20


Registered Member #24214
Joined: 08:14:24 AM 04/01/18
Posts: 109
After the earthquake that shook the entire island rumors started spreading. Some of them say that Vaurin, The Bloodwinged was killed..Some of them say that Cassia Aurelia, the leader of the Bloodguard was destroyed in the depths of the earth..They are both missing.

[ Edited 05:28:35 PM 02/09/20 ]

Scragg

RO53
Back to top
BlackNRose
08:59:31 PM 02/11/20

Registered Member #1189
Joined: 08:04:10 PM 10/19/07
Posts: 653
The Opera House is alive! Music can be heard from outside, and singing too! A sign outside reads:

[ image disabled ]

Inside, the band is alive with music that is of an upbeat tempo. The show, playing a few times throughout the day, is a musical about finding your identity. It's a musical display of courage, triumph, and joy. Though some of the songs are of hardships and discomfort, this is a show of how to break down and find your own image; mirroring your inner self in truth and integrity! The artists use their instruments to display such performance, as well as the stage with dance.

Come and enjoy!


[ image disabled ]


((OOC Note: OOC signs have been placed to detail the performance. =] Enjoy! ))


[ Edited 10:55:50 PM 02/11/20 ]

Deayn: Storyteller. Tell Me Your Story: Theme & Voice Inspiration
Siobhan Carlson: The Spinning Shadow. Spinning Coin
Back to top
wisdombeyondages
03:22:57 AM 02/18/20
Registered Member #1009
Joined: 02:04:13 AM 03/26/07
Posts: 457
Rumors spread quickly from the few merchants and travelers who visit the Hellshire Camp. The Kralshaman has been attacked and nearly killed in the Poisonwood Ridgeshield. Details are unclear as those within the camp have refused to discuss details and any who approach are scrutinized. Only a select few are allowed past the slope. None travel unescorted within the camp. Its usually relaxed environment has disappeared.

Doordie wrote ...

I will go (adventuring). I may try to kill you during or after, but it will be good fun.

Heed these words as if your life depended on it... Because it does!

Earmed by Killhappyfool (player account)
2019 Player Choice: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain

2019 By the Numbers: Most *nods* Emote (2205 of 21646)



Current Adventures:
Orcs of Hellshire III
Staff of Souls
The Star Metal Tongue
BMG

Past Adventures:
Orcs of Hellshire I
Orcs of Hellshire II
Dealing with the Neighbors
Hellshire Patrol Reports
Hand in the Darkness

Back to top
Evendithus
03:05:17 AM 02/22/20

Registered Member #1593
Joined: 07:25:12 AM 06/30/10
Location: OH, USA
Posts: 376
In various locations throughout the lands surrounding Kreis, talk can be heard describing how the darkness of the evening flared into day for just a brief second and was then followed by what might have been the screech of a bird of prey. The best description anyone could give for the sound was that it reminded them of a giant "PEW" before ending just as soon as it appeared.

Characters:
Lomir Kelmont - Mage, Purveyor of Magicks, Investigator of the Occult, Keeper of the Arkhive, Follower of Wai'i'lanai, Senior Harper Operative
Threads: Renewal, Banifaction, II, III, Operating in the Occult, Deadcoat, Chasing the Sun, Dissidence, She's Worth Fighting For
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Suicide Mission, Endless War

Lady who refreshes me, who cleans my wounds, and soothes my burns, I thank you for my life. I thank you for teaching me to listen and to see so that I may serve those who thirst or those who seek to be cooled in the rain. I do not know what it is that the future holds, but I know that I am a ship in a storm trying to find the shore. The rocks are craggy and hidden among the waves. To escape their evils, lead me to safe harbors. But more importantly, grant me the power of your tides, the shark's courage, and whale's wisdom to bring others to dock with me for we are driftwood in this life, tossed about without aim.

May it forever please your glory, let it rain...

--Wai'i'lanai's Prayer

New Player's Guide and references

(Lomir is a Harper. That is not readily known IC knowledge although there are hints to be found and learned IG. Please act accordingly. Thank you.)
Back to top
Evendithus
11:34:22 PM 02/24/20

Registered Member #1593
Joined: 07:25:12 AM 06/30/10
Location: OH, USA
Posts: 376
As word of shadows breaking into homes and faceless husks left in the streets carries across the Lowtown, a group of residents bands together to fortify their position around the Silver Scroll Academy.

"Yeah, the redcoated mage said this might be the last place o' defense. Did you see that there canon!"

"Don't be stupid, Jimmy. Tha's a telerscopes. That ain't gonna help. But if they're offerin' free food, by Bargus' panties, it's better than dealin' with the gangs. There's something not right goin' on in the back alleys."

[ Edited 11:34:54 PM 02/24/20 ]

Characters:
Lomir Kelmont - Mage, Purveyor of Magicks, Investigator of the Occult, Keeper of the Arkhive, Follower of Wai'i'lanai, Senior Harper Operative
Threads: Renewal, Banifaction, II, III, Operating in the Occult, Deadcoat, Chasing the Sun, Dissidence, She's Worth Fighting For
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Suicide Mission, Endless War

Lady who refreshes me, who cleans my wounds, and soothes my burns, I thank you for my life. I thank you for teaching me to listen and to see so that I may serve those who thirst or those who seek to be cooled in the rain. I do not know what it is that the future holds, but I know that I am a ship in a storm trying to find the shore. The rocks are craggy and hidden among the waves. To escape their evils, lead me to safe harbors. But more importantly, grant me the power of your tides, the shark's courage, and whale's wisdom to bring others to dock with me for we are driftwood in this life, tossed about without aim.

May it forever please your glory, let it rain...

--Wai'i'lanai's Prayer

New Player's Guide and references

(Lomir is a Harper. That is not readily known IC knowledge although there are hints to be found and learned IG. Please act accordingly. Thank you.)
Back to top
Varmar
03:05:35 PM 02/27/20

Registered Member #25343
Joined: 03:54:42 PM 08/30/19
Posts: 12
Greener than ever, the Poisonwood stirs in southern Thain. Dripping trophies clutter roots, thickening the venom in the air and strengthening its army of treants. Pixies of pale flesh scurry from one to the next, feeding every cruel manifestation of flora to call so evil forest home. The passages leading to the vast woods narrow, a hundred eyes opening across the canopies, noting every soul to tread beneath them.

The forest is preparing, that much is obvious, but for what?

"What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god!"
Back to top
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 34, Members: 1 ...
Squidget viewing forum.php

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1879
Newest member: CyberDeath

Now Playing
1. Cal Riz
2. Dragan Kruskal
3. Scragg
4. Elvalith Nain
5. Kallista D'Mora
6. Orikken Steelbrand
7. Lomir Kelmont
8. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
Render time: 0.0963 sec, 0.0138 of that for queries. DB queries: 35.