| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

scratch_flannigan
12:39:23 PM 01/19/20
Nature Night begins in about 1.5 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CST (GMT -6).

Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be on as Malam. Please shoot a tell to me with any questions.

Glognar
02:57:28 AM 01/19/20
Not sure if my original account was #14 or #33, it's early '04 regardless, but we had a forum on the BioWare site before this one so say I joined Thain late '03... Damn 16 years. Turned 34 in December. 😎🍻 Cheers Thain Family!

scratch_flannigan
11:53:50 PM 01/18/20
Looks like 33 to 47 for me!

C_McG
09:47:54 PM 01/18/20
Oh, just passed by 14 year mark. That would be 30 -> 44 for me.

dontyouknow
08:49:54 PM 01/18/20
25 then, 38 now for me.

Izral
02:07:57 PM 01/18/20
16 > 31 for me.

Zhymm
01:40:53 PM 01/18/20
Young whipper/snappers ... my profile says I joined this forum in 2004 (over 15 years ago). I was a spry 53 YO.

Jandari
01:28:03 PM 01/18/20
35-46

Dogbert
01:12:24 PM 01/18/20
15->31 here!

Jandari
01:11:33 PM 01/18/20
when i started, i mean.

Forums
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Corlupi
07:46:21 AM 05/18/19
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
God Wills It!

It started with a letter...

Dear Sister in Faith and Arms,
To Knight-Colonel Darienne, Esteemed Commander of the Empyrean Aurora

Would that I could begin this letter with joyous tidings; to ease thy burdened station with fain poetry or gentle prose. But alas, as has been the lamentable habit of our last many correspendences, this letter too is stained with death and grief. Literally, hark, as I am penning it amid countless graves of fallen brothers and sisters. If anyone is to bear the brunt of the responsibility for their untimely demise, parfay, I know, 'twould be I, as it was heretofore my voice that cried the loudest for war and retribution. Since our defeat at the Iron Wall I have toiled with despair and regret, mayhap my pride greater wounded than my body, but Andarus wills whatsoever He wills, and mayhap in our defeat one may find wisdom and cause for introspection.

Howbeit things are as they are, howbeit Andarus wishes that we find strength through toil, I will not suffer another slain brother or sister if it can be prevented. And, verily, at Hamley, we should make that effort. Since my return from the deserts the hamlet has suffered two grievous assaults by the hands of demons, gnolls, Kallista and the doom-elf Rita, and were it not for the stalwart defense of the Ashen Knights our walls would have succumbed. But hark thee me now, sister, howbeit we won the day, erelong the Lord Regent will wish to consolidate his forces and swith recall his men to Steinkreis. When this day comes, and verily it is nigh, our own ranks may not be enough to repel the tide of evil. Brave and bold though our fellow-knights may be, they are natheless not true knight-templars; they are sons of farmers and housewives, and albeit their faith in the Light shines bright, they are not trained as straitly as thee or I.

Aye, the Celestial Order has arisen from the ashes and may verily prove a staunch ally. Forsooth, we are both honoured to occupy a seat in it. But the Order is not an army or a garrison; 'tis in truth mostly a symbol, a beacon others rally toward. I then propose to thee, sister, that we look to strengthen our forces, but nay with numbers or foreign armies, but with that thing which we verily have in greatest abundance: faith and perseverance. Allow me to train volunteers in the ways of a true templar! In a crucible of discipline and toil I shall mold men and women so unwavering and true that they will have no equal in battle. Their nourishment shall be their faith, and their faith alone. These aspirants will suffer greatly; verily their trails will be severe, but I shall train no man who does not himself or herself volunteer.

Grant me this opportunity, sister, and 'pon my troth I vow I shant disappoint. Deus vult. Andarus vult. Iustitia vult. God wills it. Andarus wills it. Justice wills it.

Yours in the Light,
Cassia Aurelia Renata Candidus

[ Edited 10:18:36 AM 05/18/19 ]

Renneleth Margaladhon: Huntmaster. Hope-Bringer.
Renneleth's Stories: Fatus Conexi, An Sestainell, Feywars, Elfmeet, An Seste, Rusvantan, Parma Tel'Quessir, Agarwoth, Perya Anta, Perya Heledh

Cassia Aurelia: The Red Woman. Fireblood.
Cassia's Stories: Fatus Conexi, Nunquam non Paratus, Ludi Gladiatorius, Codex Caelestis, Instaurare Omnia in Lux, Deus Vult, Omnes Contra Sortes, Sanguis Mundi, Ne Plus Ultra

"To run with the wolf was to run in the shadows, the dark ray of life, survival and instinct. A fierceness that was both proud and lonely, a tearing, a howling, a hunger and thirst. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst. A strength that would die fighting, kicking, screaming, that wouldn't stop until the last breath had been wrung from its body. The will to take one's place in the world. To say 'I am here.' To say 'I am.'"

― O. R. Melling, The Book of Dreams
Website
Corlupi
12:57:05 PM 05/20/19
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
"Those who have not been initiated into the order of the templars may wonder how our beautiful temples are built. The fact that each one takes nearly a generation to construct is a reminder of their great importance and sense of permanence. It is not so much from what they are hewn - and they are built from stone that may endure through the ages like the mountains - as how they are built. The walls, joints, arches, trim, flowerbeds, none of it is made with hammer and chisel alone; it is built with that which we call the Divine. Within, each dungeon, room, screen and veil speaks of our progression in this life as we toil to draw ever closer in unity with the Divine. Thus, our holy temples are not just walls and roofs; rather, they are gateways to other worlds, and when those living who listen for the utterances of the Divine truly harken, in all ages and across all time, they will know salvation.

As our holy temples are more than brick and stone, so too are we, the knight-templars, more than defenders of an abbey. With all that we are, we are wed to the Divine, promoting and protecting it as long as we draw breath."

- Excerpt from Codex Templari, Cassia Aurelia Candidus

Tilda had never set foot inside the holy temple. Those who lived in Hamley and who were not anointed knights never strayed near the temple grounds. If something was needed from the village, it was brought to the abbey and handed through the gate. For the most part, the world of farmer and holy servant existed as separately as possible. But that was about to change. She had been among the first to volunteer to "wed herself to the Divine," and while the prospect of serving with the Empyrean Aurora had at once humbled her and filled her with immense pride, now, as she looked up at the abbey, fear churned inside her stomach. It was not built like a fortress, with battlement walls and looming parapets with drapes dangling from poles. Its looming presence was a sight she had witnessed all of her life, yet now it looked different. Or perhaps she was seeing it with new eyes? The stone structure was enormous, rising well above the heights of the towering oaks outside the temple walls. The windows were all veiled with mottled glass, so thick that they were impervious to scrutiny, and even if that were not so, there were heavy curtains within. inside. Only squires who had completed their studies and rites, and taken their oaths, were allowed inside. She had no idea what happened, how it happened, or what mysterious things the squires were taught inside.

Tilda had walked the grounds since she was old enough to carry baskets of food to the temple kitchen. She had run her hand across each surface and crevice around the entire structure. Sometimes, many times, she had lain in the grass and imagined what it looked like inside. What magnificent artefacts were there? Maybe even the archangel Draxus visited! She would find out soon enough. Ahead was a pathway made of three connected archways. Each one fit within the one before it, shrinking slowly to toward a door, which was made of solid wood and gleaming with inlaid gold. The fluttering feeling in her stomach grew more intense. Then the door opened...

Renneleth's Stories: Fatus Conexi, An Sestainell, Feywars, Elfmeet, An Seste, Rusvantan, Parma Tel'Quessir, Agarwoth, Perya Anta, Perya Heledh

Cassia's Stories: Fatus Conexi, Nunquam non Paratus, Ludi Gladiatorius, Codex Caelestis, Instaurare Omnia in Lux, Deus Vult, Omnes Contra Sortes, Sanguis Mundi, Ne Plus Ultra

"To run with the wolf was to run in the shadows, the dark ray of life, survival and instinct. A fierceness that was both proud and lonely, a tearing, a howling, a hunger and thirst. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst. A strength that would die fighting, kicking, screaming, that wouldn't stop until the last breath had been wrung from its body. The will to take one's place in the world. To say 'I am here.' To say 'I am.'"

Website
Corlupi
09:01:28 AM 05/23/19
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
"The lowborns of the Imperium get confused by the meaning of the word “Divine” because of its multiple definitions. With their lack of education, this is understandable. In the simplest terms, I seek to teach them thus—that the term “Divine” was chosen precisely because it conveys multiple meanings. To most the term means god-like. But it also means to be connected to god. It is the means that connects mortal and immortal, allowing a priest or templar, for example, to bring fire from the core of the earth to the surface. It is the intermediary through which power, or the potential of power, is transmitted. It is also a means of communication. Engravings in tomes or precious stone are a manifestation of the Divine for those who can read them, for its power can be conducted through the appropriate prayer and enunciation. The Divine has power over all things, both living and dead, and can be the means of communicating between them. It is also the means by which the dead are revived. Even if their bones are dust and blown by the wind, the Divine could find the specks and restore them to life. The Divine is power in its most absolute form, and a templar's duty is not so much the summoning of this power as it is protecting it and those who invoke it. If the Divine is the quintessential link between man and god, then the templar is the one to ensure this link is never severed."

- Excerpt from Codex Templari, Cassia Aurelia Candidus

Tilda mounted the final steps and approached the open door. Holding her breath, she entered. When the door shut behind her, all was dark until a resplendent chandelier flared alive, shining like a hundred torches and bathing the basilica in a wreath of shimmering gold. The scene took her breath away. A sharp ceiling rose up, supported by elaborate marble buttresses. The walls were adorned with colourful tapestries, most depicting noble winged creatures battling a giant fiend rising from a red rock. Small tables stood here and there, their bases of solid onyx or marble carved into symmetric perfection, and on the tabletops were pots of flowers in bloom, rich and vibrant, as if fresh sunlight fed them daily. Blooming flowers, she thought, in the dark! Taking a step in wonderment, she stopped as soon as her toe left the woven mat and touched the polished, perfect, square tiles. Her shoes were dirty and wet, and not only would they leave marks on the polished floors, it did not feel right to be wearing them. Kneeling, she removed her shoes and wiped her feet on the hem of her cloak. Clutching the shoes, she stepped onto the cool tiles and stared around in silent awe. The hall was vast, the illumination of the chandelier chasing the shadows only so far. Each step she took sounded in her ears, her bare feet padding over the smooth stone. No other farmer has gone this far, she thought with a little throb of smugness.

A gust of wind hissed in her ears, and she noticed that she had nearly passed an interior doorway. After crossing to it, she pulled on the handle and saw a set of stairs leading down into the gloom. The tunnel was dark, but there was no dirt, nor did she see a single insect hiding in the corners. Everything was immaculate, just like in the hall above. The steps curved down and around, depositing her in another room. She was below ground level in a room where the roof was supported by many thick arches. The floor tiles were a different colour from the ones above. These were slate grey, in thick squares that tiled the entire area. Rows of wooden benches were arranged facing the head of the room, with an aisle separating them. The benches were waxed and polished, made from dark-stained oak that could seat several people across. She walked down the centre aisle, stopping to feel the wood as she passed each one, navigating by means of copper candelabras flanking each row of benches. In the centre of a small cove at the head of the room stood a stone table, with a flat, squarish surface. It was built atop several layers of stone blocks. It was long enough that a single body, or a large book, could lie on top of the surface. As it was, a book was indeed arranged on the table, its golden cover transfixing her. A rushing, soothing, exciting feeling came over her when she saw it. An eight-pointed star was etched into the cover, with words above each point: altruism, justice, vigilance, valour, honour, tru...

Before she could finish reading someone snapped open the book. At first, Tilda thought the book had magically opened itself, but there was someone standing behind the table, and that someone took a step into the light of the candelabras, a hand outstretched toward Tilda.

Website
Corlupi
04:12:47 AM 05/25/19
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
Et Sic Incipit
And so it begins...

[ image disabled ]

[ image disabled ]

Website

Jump:     Back to top