| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Kagali
12:31:52 PM 11/21/19
I still remember the day Tavi got epic. 'Twas also the day Meri got a +3 ring of protection! 'Course, now that's not so special, but it was a huge deal back then!

Shade
09:02:05 PM 11/20/19
Tavi-Tavi is a legend.

Galorndan
08:35:12 PM 11/20/19
@ Izral. Keshva may still be lurking around somewhere, i suspect there may be quite an interesting homecoming.

Jandari
08:33:51 PM 11/20/19
I remember the TAVI!!!!!

Galorndan
08:31:51 PM 11/20/19
If I can ever manage to get a newer computer, yes, there will be a Tavi in Thains future.

...wait, there are still folk who remember the Tavi?

Izral
08:28:38 PM 11/20/19
What about Keshva?

Shade
08:02:53 PM 11/20/19
Will we be seeing the Tavi again?

Galorndan
12:10:43 PM 11/20/19
^_^

Shade
10:16:46 PM 11/17/19
*gasps* Galorndan! *wavity wave*

Galorndan
09:40:42 PM 11/17/19
Hello Thain

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Another Path Opens
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Zhymm
10:46:08 AM 03/21/19

Registered Member #191
Though the hour is late, the three lamps over the shop's doorway are lit.

(internal thought) "Good! Trusty is open for business, yet. Sell these trinkets and then I can buy the necessities that nature does not provide."

Morgan slips inside, hoping to find the shop empty of clients and Trusty alone.

(internal thought) "Dang it! A customer ..."

Espying the robed man conversing with Trusty, Morgan steps over to the wall opposite the counter and waits.

(internal thought) "I've seen that one before. By the fire outside the Trade. Smoking his pipe. And that staff of his, he must be a spellcaster."

The robed man turns and looks at Morgan. He studies Morgan for a moment then speaks 'Why, hello, my good man. I am glad to see you. I am Lomir. I've seen you around and made note of you. And I am aware of your talents. I have a proposal for you, a task you can do for me, if you're so inclined. I can reward you. Handsomely.'

(internal thought) "He's been watching me? Wants to employ me? I thought I'd kept my habits hidden ... but now, this offer of a 'handsome' reward has piqued my interest."

"Pleased to meet you, Lomir. Likewise, I've seen you here and there. I am Morgan."

"What sort of 'task' would you want me to do?"

'First, I have something to show you. Wait here a moment.' Lomir disappears into Trusty's rental storage, then returns in a few minutes.'Follow me, please.'

The pair make their way to a nearby inn. Then into a private room. The door is closed.

The mage pulls a sword from beneath his robes. Red light flickers and sparks along the length of its blade.

Morgan looks towards the door, as if to make a hasty exit. Then he looks back at the sword, studying it in detail. His eyes widen.

(internal thought)"That sword! It has powers beyond any weapon I possess!"

The mage holds up the sword, hilt first, towards Morgan, 'I can not use this. But it can be yours. If you work for me. Think of it as a down payment for your service.'

Morgan looks at the mage in awe. "You'll give this blade to me? What must I do?"

'There are individuals, ones that mean harm to the people of Thain. They need to be *eliminated*. You can help.'

Morgan holds his hands up, palms facing forward. "Wait a minute! I am no assassin! I gather information. Watch. Listen. I will only fight, draw blood, to defend myself! If I cannot otherwise escape. I am no warrior."

'Watch and listen. That is all I ask. No blood. For now.' Once more, Lomir extends the sword, hilt first, toward Morgan.

(internal thought) "That blade! It pulls on me!" (Here Morgan fails a will save.) "I must have it!"

Morgan takes the flickering sword in hand. He holds the blade up before him, smiling as his eyes course up and down over its length. Then he replaces his old sword in its sheathe with his new prize. The old sword goes into a sling across Morgan's back.

'Good. It is now yours.' Lomir's mouth curls into a smile. 'I will be in touch. For now, let us go our separate ways.'

The mage leads the way as the two exit the room. Lomir pauses and turns to Morgan, a fierce look in his eyes. 'One more thing. Do not betray me.'

[ Edited 10:51:55 AM 03/21/19 ]

If I were organized I'd be dangerous.

Zhymm Grasscobble (AKA "Cobble") - halfling rogue, immersion disruptor, "The Tale of the Fey Blades" -Clickedy-, "The Pink Hair Incident" -Clickedy-,

Zuben el Genubi - inept human wizard,

Shando Reyer (AKA "Morgan") - shadow touched human ranger, "Where Lies Blame?" -Clickedy-, "Another Path Opens" -Clickedy-

Tagnus Stenkil (AKA "Tag") - dwarven fighter from the (late) Cloud Peaks Clan,

Dawson Mossmann - human druid, studies mosses and lichens,

Scatos Umbrassi- mustachio-ed, shadow touched human rogue,

Frin Featherfoot - fleet of foot halfling monk,

Sheeza Biggun - female half-orc barbarian,

Carmine Underhill - halfling wizard, Underhill family potion brewer,

Kovapuusti Ristalko (AKA Dulenti Sendel) - halfling wizard, Red Wizard wannabe, "The Transformation" -Clickedy-,

and a host of others.
Zhymm
10:46:07 AM 07/17/19

Registered Member #191
Morgan steps onto the dock at Webster's, glad to be rid of the shifting deck beneath his feet.

"It is good to be back on the isle, my adopted home" he thinks to himself.

Months had passed since the call to return to his parent's home near Longsaddle. The letter from Morgan's eldest brother surprised him. He'd not had contact with his family since he went adventuring in search of his uncle.

'Brother Shando, I hope this finds you well. Mother is ill. She has asked of you and wishes to see her youngest son. Please make your way home as quickly as possible.'

It was signed by his brother Rogard.

Well, their mother recovered. It took weeks thanks to the ministrations of a cleric. And most of Morgan's purse in payment. He'd barely enough coin left to book passage for his return to the isle. "No doubt Rogard had summoned me to finance Mother's healing" had passed through Morgan's mind more than once.

As he made his rounds of familiar paths, the worrisome changes across the isle since his sojourn to the mainland became evident. Pools of blood in the city. Fell creatures in West Feywood with the bridge to the Stronghold down. And something dire had happened to the Wood Beyond. It was now a frozen waste, no longer a place of peace and tranquility. And the Wood was patrolled by creatures of ill intent. Bugbears, satyrs, dark wisps and worse. Once spotted by such, Morgan barely escaped from them via the Shadowplane.

Espying the mage near the Crossroads, Morgan drew Lomir aside to learn news of events on the isle since he'd left for home months ago. Most of the news involved factions they both wished to avoid, simply watch. And wait. Lomir voiced interest in the Wood Beyond and wished to see it. Remembering his arrangement with the mage, Morgan agreed to lead him there. With much effort they slew many of the new inhabitants of the Wood, but failed to return the erstwhile haven to its former self. It would take powers much greater than theirs to make that happen.

[ Edited 11:24:32 AM 07/17/19 ]

If I were organized I'd be dangerous.

Zhymm Grasscobble (AKA "Cobble") - halfling rogue, immersion disruptor, "The Tale of the Fey Blades" -Clickedy-, "The Pink Hair Incident" -Clickedy-,

Zuben el Genubi - inept human wizard,

Shando Reyer (AKA "Morgan") - shadow touched human ranger, "Where Lies Blame?" -Clickedy-, "Another Path Opens" -Clickedy-

Tagnus Stenkil (AKA "Tag") - dwarven fighter from the (late) Cloud Peaks Clan,

Dawson Mossmann - human druid, studies mosses and lichens,

Scatos Umbrassi- mustachio-ed, shadow touched human rogue,

Frin Featherfoot - fleet of foot halfling monk,

Sheeza Biggun - female half-orc barbarian,

Carmine Underhill - halfling wizard, Underhill family potion brewer,

Kovapuusti Ristalko (AKA Dulenti Sendel) - halfling wizard, Red Wizard wannabe, "The Transformation" -Clickedy-,

and a host of others.

Jump:     Back to top