Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  3 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  3 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  5 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  5 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  5 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  5 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Neverwinter Nights
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Players' Choice Awards - New Categories

LAN_402 LAN_403
Dogbert
7:08:09 pm GMT 12/10/18
Dogbert Hundbert
Registered Member #293 Joined: 1:22:43 am GMT 10/06/04
Good morning friends! As we make our way steadily through December, it's time, once again, for everyone's favourite forum thread of the year: Players' Choice Awards!

For the folks just joining us this year, the awards are, description courtesy of Pwny, "Players' Choice is a fun thing run every year (since 2004 or so) where people heap praise and acclaim on their favorite game-related moments."

At the moment, our categories include:

Best Hero - Who's righting wrongs and saving days?
Best Villain - Whose dastardly deeds make you quake -- or cheer?
Best Forum Storytelle - Whose IC posts were your favorite e-book?
Best Forum Story - Which IC thread kept you clicking "Next"? (Can be by multiple players!)
Best Quote - Inspirational, touching, funny, or just plain true. IC and OOC are acceptable
Funniest Moment - What scene still has you snickering?
Most Surprising Moment - What did you just not see coming?
Scariest Moment - Eeek!
Scariest NPC - Who delivers the chills (especially if they're possessed by a DM?)
Favorite Area - Your preferred hangout, whether for dungeoning or downtime.
Most Dangerous Area - Where even the most powerful hesitate to tread
Best Character - The toon most consistently well-played, who you love despite their quirks, and would most like to have as a friend (or nemesis!)?
Most Stylish PC - A holdover from the days of limited dyes and few crafting options. Which char is always sporting the most interesting outfits?
Best Plot (player-run) - The best player-generated story or event. Can be a one-off, or ongoing
Best Plot (DM-run) - Ditto, but DM'd
Best New Character - For those new builds made this year. Which new arrival did you most enjoy?
Best PC Group - For those groups that consistently appeared together to create fun for the rest of the server
Most Powerfullest Powerbuild - Whose uniquely OP min-maxed stats would never have been countenanced in the days of low-magic Thain? lol
Most Angelic DM - Wait -- DMs are nice?
Most Scariest DM - Who makes your adventurers soil their pixellated pants?
Best Familiar, Summon, or Animal Companion - Your favorite battle-buddy
Boss/Area/Monster you love to hate - It's deadly, but delightful!
Favorite Bounty - For those doing the bounty quests -- what's your preferred mission?

And, of course, the BIG ONES!

RPer of the Year! - That standout player with consistently great character(s)

Most Newbie-Friendly Veteran of the Year - Who can you always count on to for a friendly welcome and helpful advice?

Thain's Lifetime Achievement Award - A recognition for veteran players. Feel free to submit a little explanation in tribute of their contributions over the years!

These are all of our CURRENT categories. Is something missing? Let me know! Please feel free to post a nomination for a new CATEGORY in this thread, or direct e-mailed to me at -email-, or DMed to me on the Thain discord, where my handle is Flaevar#9608.

I don't want to use the forum private message server this year due to the problems with blank PMs, and I don't want any nominations or votes getting missed.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS JUST FOR CATEGORIES. WHEN I HAVE ALL THE NEW CATEGORIES I WILL OPEN UP NOMINATIONS IN A WEEK OR SO
Kira
7:29:23 pm GMT 12/10/18
Kira !
Registered Member #20 Joined: 8:30:40 am GMT 02/25/04
Only one new category I'd suggest:

Best Item - What rare item enabled the greatest builds or the greatest moments? What amazing piece of loot are you most excited to see when it appears out of a box?

This is slightly self-serving, since I always want to see what items people like!
Eijji
7:42:21 pm GMT 12/10/18
Eijji Registered Member #24784 Joined: 3:41:16 pm GMT 11/26/18
What about splitting it into Best Power Item and Best RP Item?
Thimns
8:02:31 pm GMT 12/10/18
Thimns Registered Member #24148 Joined: 5:42:35 am GMT 11/06/17
What I originally meant by Best Familiar, Summon, or Animal Companion when I suggested it last year, was to vote for best roleplayed Familiar, Summon, or Animal Companion (via /tkfam and such). This might be added as another category as the misinterpreted one seemed to be quite popular as well.
AmberOfDzu
9:28:16 pm GMT 12/10/18
AmberOfDzu Registered Member #279 Joined: 4:17:59 pm GMT 09/25/04
I'd like to propose "Best Transformational Moment in Roleplay".

This would be for a roleplay event which was skillfully leveraged in subsequent storytelling to develop a character in a new, significantly different, and perhaps completely unexpected direction; or which was used to alter the course of an open, multiplayer story-line, again to a significantly different or completely unexpected outcome. The event itself might not have been surprising -- it's the downstream consequences which are key.
Dogbert
10:46:17 pm GMT 12/10/18
Dogbert Hundbert
Thimns wrote ...

What I originally meant by Best Familiar, Summon, or Animal Companion when I suggested it last year, was to vote for best roleplayed Familiar, Summon, or Animal Companion (via /tkfam and such). This might be added as another category as the misinterpreted one seemed to be quite popular as well.

I'll add this for sure.
Dogbert
10:46:53 pm GMT 12/10/18
Dogbert Hundbert
AmberOfDzu wrote ...

I'd like to propose "Best Transformational Moment in Roleplay".

This would be for a roleplay event which was skillfully leveraged in subsequent storytelling to develop a character in a new, significantly different, and perhaps completely unexpected direction; or which was used to alter the course of an open, multiplayer story-line, again to a significantly different or completely unexpected outcome. The event itself might not have been surprising -- it's the downstream consequences which are key.

I really like this concept a lot, Amber. Thanks!
Eijji
1:03:58 am GMT 12/11/18
Eijji Registered Member #24784 Joined: 3:41:16 pm GMT 11/26/18
How about Best Prop Designer? Using module assets to make RP scenes, or player-run events
scratch_flannigan
4:39:46 am GMT 12/18/18
scratch_flannigan Squawk!
Registered Member #648 Joined: 1:50:32 am GMT 11/20/05
How about "Funniest Character " ? - The character who's comedy RP keeps you laughing .

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 37
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: RaymondCroWn
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Malachi Valthorne
2. Dhurdrouth Gravelgrog
3. Izzy
4. Danae