| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Payne
02:50:12 PM 02/20/20
I believe it is a blank space

Falkala
02:33:15 PM 02/20/20
I'm gonna be at work til 6-7 PST, Am. I can take a look after that. Is the name a blank space or a question mark?

Corlupi
11:37:13 AM 02/20/20
Actually, nevermind.

Amracil
11:23:43 AM 02/20/20
No real rush.

Amracil
11:22:56 AM 02/20/20
@Falkala. I am still getting the "this character was created by someone else... log in with that player name to use this character" message.

Corlupi
04:33:54 AM 02/20/20
Lom = Evendithus.

Corlupi
04:33:40 AM 02/20/20
Darn, Lom beat me to my post. Could I ask a moderator to kindly move my latest post in Enter the Void to precede Lom's two.

archgrendel
09:39:35 PM 02/19/20
*waves to Am! *

Falkala
08:59:28 PM 02/19/20
Hey Am! I'm at work at the moment, but are you getting kicked again? I thought our last fix stuck

Amracil
07:13:47 PM 02/19/20
Falkala... if you see this... any chance you can help me get my doppelganger sorted in-game? Many thanks!

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
One little flower
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Just Miggen, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Oberon
04:25:46 AM 12/09/18

Registered Member #24214
[ image disabled ]

A night in the great waste

Wind howled over the golden dunes and left the sand singing it’s timeless song..That was considered one of the more quiet nights in these deserts..A row of three fresh tracks led somewhere between the dunes and faint voices could be heard from the distance.

“KRRH-BOOM” An explosion broke the howling choir of sand for a moment. A stack of smoke was now rising from between the tall dunes and three figures stood near, examining a collapsed entrance they had excavated with this explosion.

“I told you this was going to the trick, boss!” The tallest figure chirped with a wide smile covering his face. He got a sharp reply from the shortest one of them, a dwarf by the looks of it. “Ye almost blew us all out of this world ye moron!” The first of the figures lowered his head and the third figure pitched in. “Ah told yah not ta’ use too much explosive powder..”

The trio stood there pickering for a little while until the sand had stopped pouring into the fresh wound within a stone wall that had been hidden under the sand, long forgotten. They made their way inside with lit torches revealing a hall filled with tables, bookcases and the strangest devices of all shapes and sizes littering the place whoever used to be down here they were not very organized!

Their boss the dwarf scanned the place and shook his head in dismay. “Great work pig-brain..Ye blew up half the place and left the rest of it unstable..” He examined the crumbling support beams. “Best get a move on if ye don’t want to be buried for another thousand years..Take errything thas’ not bolted down..There is this docta’ I know, she might pay good for this junk.”

The three of them scattered around filling their loot sacks with smaller items and gems that they could found, but also scrolls and some books! These men seemed to have been hand picked to be able to do some heavy lifting their bags were filling up fast!

“You really struck gold with this map you got there..Where did you say you got it again?” The dwarf spat on the floor while stuffing strange metal objects inside his loot bag. “Eh, won it in a card game..Thas none of yer concern, ye get paid for hauling this stuff out of here..Shut up and move your dumb tall limbs!” The tall fellow mumbled something and continued to loot the place.

“Whaddyah ‘fink this place was?” Shouted the last one, he was a more quiet fellow big and burly. “Thes summin’ else back thea’ but the ‘splosion musta collapsed it!” The dwarf shouted in reply. “Uh-huh, it wouldn’t be if this buffoon did what was told!” The big guy shrugged his shoulders and examined a small pyramid with some glowing light son it before chucking it into his bag.

Weather was growing worse out there and the countless weight of sand resting on the tomb was taking it’s toll on the massive stone beams..More and more stone began to crumble from the ceiling. The three robbers were hard at work still, there was much that left them stare in awe for precious minutes..In a far dark corner there was a massive pile of rubble a fallen stone arch that the quake from the explosion must have fell..Among it there was a massive metal body.

“Arrite!” Shouted the boss. “Let’s get ready to get outta’ here!” He got an answer from the tallest one. “Alright...Wow, what is that! Come have a look boss!” He ran to the rubble and started moving rocks away from whatever was underneath. His excitement and their time which was quickly running short made the work much faster! “What is that?” The other two joined him and the dwarf rubbed his eyes. “It’s somekina’ construct..The thing is huge!” The first guy kept moving rock away until a metal head became visible and half of it’s torso with a round ring in the middle of it. “Hah, look at it..I want to take it back with me!” The tall man bounced on this massive heap of metal..A metal that they couldn’t recognize on the spot. “No, we are leaving..Stop messing with the damn thing and let’s go!” But the first man did not give in so easily. “There is something in that hole in it’s body..Let’s see!” He kneeled down and shoved his dirty hand in the constructs chest…”STOP MOR-...” The dwarf was cut short when suddenly the two glowing eyes appeared in the head and the chest lit up with a cold glow!

“BZZZZZAP!” A bright spark and a pile of ashes remained where the man who had reached inside the golem..There was loud whirr and sparks flew from the joints as the golem tried to move itself a monotonous female voice spoke out. “R-O-FIVE-THREE...R-O-FIVE-THREE…LAB BREACH...LAB BREACH.” It was remained under the rubble unable to move. The last two of the robbers were already legging it out of the “lab” and shortly disappeared into the wastes.

Shortly after the robbers left the entrance collapsed leaving the metal monstrosity trapped inside.

“R-O-FIVE-THREE..R-O-FIVE-THREE.” The massive metal body rolled under the massive weight of stone that laid on top of it..Little by little it managed to free it’s hulking body. “ZZZT-PRRT!” A flurry of sparks flew from the parts connecting the legs to it’s body. “DIAGNOSTICS………...TRAVEL SYSTEMS NON FUNCTIONAL.” The voice beeped out loud and the body dragged itself in the middle of this ancient laboratory and lifted it’s body, scanning the room while sitting in the middle of it. Soft whirring and sounds of sparks coming from it’s metal joints. It’s cold voice called out. “Master..RO53..Needs maintenance..Travel systems unoperational...Master...Master.” It remained there seated in the middle of the room.. a sad robot calling out for it’s master...Until it’s eyes dimmed and head slumped.

Days passed and everything lay quiet down under the dunes..Until the glow reappeared in the golems eyes, it must have been in some kind of hibernation.

“Lab breach..Lab breach..RO53 active.” But when it tried to rise it was all the same, more sparks! “Routing core power to travel..Systems.” The robotic female voice booped and for a moment the middle of it got brighter! “PZZZZZRRHRHRHZZT-KRAHH!” One of the constructs legs flew off in an explosion! “Diagnostics…..Leg part..Missing...Commencing self preservation procedures if master does not respond in fourty-eight hours.”

[ image disabled ]

Scragg

RO53
Oberon
11:05:03 AM 12/10/18

Registered Member #24214
[ image disabled ]

Long ago

A machine designed to turn the heat of the sand into pure energy hummed gently in the middle of the room with a system of glass pipes connected to it and spread all around the lab containing brightly flashing electricity. Colorful lights of all kinds blinked everywhere, gentle whirrs and rotations of cogs could be heard within the walls. In a dim lit corner sat a hooded figure a thick tome open on the marble desk in front of them, next to the book lie a lifeless metal head with it’s top open and special stand holding different precious gems each filled with a glow.

The figure changes a look with the head then dives back into the tome and begins to write, on top of the page it says. “RO-53” Underneath some scribblings and then a sketch of it’s entire chassis, further down the metal head and it’s open state which reveals a complex circuit of carefully arranged gems all connected with golden lines that lead to the largest gem socket in the middle. There was also a drawing of a human brain and writings comparing each different colored gem to a part of it..Some notes followed.

“This amuses me, but the solution to keep the circuit in right arrangement is so simple just remember the colors of the gems! For later reference I’m writing down the order of them..Failure to arrange them properly could be catastrophic..Possible change in behavior, disobedience and OH so much more...NOTE TO SELF: When performing maintenance ALWAYS make sure to place them back in their sockets in correct order.”

These were just ramblings and notes to one self, nobody else was ever meant to see these writings. More scribbling came after, a drawing of one of the gems and the sockets there were to be placed in after that a more detailed guide to them.

“Red/Ruby

Blue/Sapphire

Yellow/Citrine

The above above are connected to block 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green/Emerald

Purple/Amethyst

Blue/Sapphire

The above are connected to block 2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink/Morganite

Red/Ruby

The above are connected to block 3

All of these connect to the main sockets with an enchanted rose quartz in each
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These all represent different systems and if all goes according to plan then even feelings. Combat systems, defensive, information absorbance, self sustainment, different sensors and scanners..I even added a few gems with endless amount of free space for RO-53 to fill up if indeed it should develop sentience. With the right magic I managed to turn these simple stones into endless banks of information and if combined right in the circuit built inside the head everything should function just as I have designed it."

A rough sketch of the circuit followed on it were marked the sockets for each gem. The circuit itself had much more to it, wires, breakers, lights and things that most couldn’t even name.

[ image disabled ]

Another part had sketched out the torso of the machine, a hollow part in the middle of it for a power core as the arrow pointing to the sketch said. It talked long about the core and often the writings made no sense at all.

“You used to wear this...But..Improvements had to be made..Lightning has been captured inside, it should run you for thousands of years and with the self charging station built inside you there will be no need to worry about it...They found us even here..In the endless deserts..You must protect my work Rose!”

There was a drawing of some kind of jewel, spikes of electricity shooting from it and a written guide on how to safely place it within the golems chest.

Next the texts talked about the different metals used for it’s body and how RO-53 could manipulate her metal casing like shaping her hands into spikes, hammers or nozzles that throw flames out of them! It could even use the combined power of the enchanted gems and the metal built around her to create defensive fields around itself and even it’s allies.

“There is much work to do yet..Researching and enchanting these stones have taken much from me, perhaps once RO-53 is operational I can have some much needed rest..”

These strange entries drifted in and out, sometimes making sense and talking about the actual technical side and sometimes it seemed like the person was just entertaining themselves by talking nonsense within the written lines.

“Implement ocular systems..Hyper sensitive, darkvision, heat sensors..What else??”

This followed by walls of writings about how RO-53 could see the world and how her complex artificial eyes would remember and save any details into the banks inside her head. Her eyes would record massive amounts of information within milliseconds to a point where it would be put her in the danger of crashing..The tome says it would be the best to introduce the golem to new things slowly and that the creator would do as much of that as possible within the confinement of their lab.

She was never meant to go outside..

[ image disabled ]

Scragg

RO53

Jump:     Back to top