| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

scratch_flannigan
12:39:23 PM 01/19/20
Nature Night begins in about 1.5 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CST (GMT -6).

Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be on as Malam. Please shoot a tell to me with any questions.

Glognar
02:57:28 AM 01/19/20
Not sure if my original account was #14 or #33, it's early '04 regardless, but we had a forum on the BioWare site before this one so say I joined Thain late '03... Damn 16 years. Turned 34 in December. 😎🍻 Cheers Thain Family!

scratch_flannigan
11:53:50 PM 01/18/20
Looks like 33 to 47 for me!

C_McG
09:47:54 PM 01/18/20
Oh, just passed by 14 year mark. That would be 30 -> 44 for me.

dontyouknow
08:49:54 PM 01/18/20
25 then, 38 now for me.

Izral
02:07:57 PM 01/18/20
16 > 31 for me.

Zhymm
01:40:53 PM 01/18/20
Young whipper/snappers ... my profile says I joined this forum in 2004 (over 15 years ago). I was a spry 53 YO.

Jandari
01:28:03 PM 01/18/20
35-46

Dogbert
01:12:24 PM 01/18/20
15->31 here!

Jandari
01:11:33 PM 01/18/20
when i started, i mean.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Codex Caelestis -- Codex of the Celestial Knight
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Corlupi
04:58:08 AM 10/22/18
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
CODEX OF THE CELESTIAL KNIGHT

[ image disabled ]

In ancient times, when Thain was yet young and untouched by strife and calamity, life flourished on the island. Birds sang without trepidation atop verdant canopies, wildlife teemed in forests rich with pine, spruce, fur and birch, and when each morning and each evening the sun and the moon awoke from their slumber and climbed the sky, they shone on a land that knew peace and tranquil. Until they came...

An ancient evil spilled forth and consumed the land. Hoards of foul creatures, twisted and misshapen in form and deed, poured forth from every cave, fissure and hole in the rock. Trees burned and their roots ached, rock and mountain crumbled, and once-pristine rivers cried blood. The island was on its deathknell until Andarus, the Lord of Light, parted the heavens and commanded his Celestial Host to descend upon Thain and aid the young and ailing mortal races. Many brave champions arose during this time of turmoil known as the Great Cataclysm. Together, united, mortal and celestial heroes drove the ancient evil back whence it came and sealed the rifts with four wards. To ensure that the ancient evil never again breaks its bonds and seeps into Thain, Andarus sanctified a young mortal knight, Draxus of Vongottstein, to serve as his exarch and Thain's watcher. To aid Draxus in his eternal plight, a sacred council was convened where chosen mortal men and women were appointed to serve as Celestial Knights, Thain's holy guardians.

This is their codex.

[ Edited 06:52:01 AM 10/22/18 ]

Renneleth Margaladhon: Huntmaster. Hope-Bringer.
Renneleth's Stories: Fatus Conexi, An Sestainell, Feywars, Elfmeet, An Seste, Rusvantan, Parma Tel'Quessir, Agarwoth, Perya Anta, Perya Heledh

Cassia Aurelia: The Red Woman. Fireblood.
Cassia's Stories: Fatus Conexi, Nunquam non Paratus, Ludi Gladiatorius, Codex Caelestis, Instaurare Omnia in Lux, Deus Vult, Omnes Contra Sortes, Sanguis Mundi, Ne Plus Ultra

"To run with the wolf was to run in the shadows, the dark ray of life, survival and instinct. A fierceness that was both proud and lonely, a tearing, a howling, a hunger and thirst. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst. A strength that would die fighting, kicking, screaming, that wouldn't stop until the last breath had been wrung from its body. The will to take one's place in the world. To say 'I am here.' To say 'I am.'"

― O. R. Melling, The Book of Dreams
Website
Corlupi
03:36:49 AM 10/23/18
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
Long did the Celestial Knights watch over Thain alongside their celestial allies, keeping vigil over the island's future. As they did, the sealed rifts remained sealed, the ancient evil contained. But as with all things, that which has a beginning also has an end. In the aftermath of the Shadow War, when Andarus of the Eternal Light was undone alongside his twin, the Celestial Knights dwindled in number like a sun waning below the horizon to usher in a night that would last an age. With the Celestial Knights dispersed, brave heroes rose to take up the mantle of protector, but to fight the ancient evil Thain needed its holy champions to reform. Decades following the Shadow War, when the wards sealing the rifts were at their weakest, Lord Draxus Ultimax, Exarch of Andarus, spent a portion of his own divinity to restore the order which that had so vigilantly kept Thain safe. He molded the new Celestial Knights in Andarus's image: like the eight-pointed sun of Andarus, so too would the Celestial Knights be represented by eight members, each member impersonating one of Andarus's holy tenets.

[ image disabled ]

[ Edited 06:13:43 AM 10/23/18 ]

Renneleth's Stories: Fatus Conexi, An Sestainell, Feywars, Elfmeet, An Seste, Rusvantan, Parma Tel'Quessir, Agarwoth, Perya Anta, Perya Heledh

Cassia's Stories: Fatus Conexi, Nunquam non Paratus, Ludi Gladiatorius, Codex Caelestis, Instaurare Omnia in Lux, Deus Vult, Omnes Contra Sortes, Sanguis Mundi, Ne Plus Ultra

"To run with the wolf was to run in the shadows, the dark ray of life, survival and instinct. A fierceness that was both proud and lonely, a tearing, a howling, a hunger and thirst. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst. A strength that would die fighting, kicking, screaming, that wouldn't stop until the last breath had been wrung from its body. The will to take one's place in the world. To say 'I am here.' To say 'I am.'"

Website
Corlupi
04:08:43 AM 10/29/18
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
JUSTICE

[ image disabled ]

All virtue is summed up in dealing justly.

~Aristotle

For too many men, justice never goes beyond words and into deeds. Man can be quick to verbally bemoan the state of the world, but fail to take any action to rectify those injustices. To be fair, man can be understandably disillusioned with the powers of the day, and the growing sense that there is nothing they can do to change them. Those who are born into poverty and misery seldom expect justice from the world, let alone possess the means and incitement to be just in deed. But the deeper into apathy man sinks, the truer that will become. Apathy, that contagious disease that spreads from man to man as each individual gives up the passion to fight the good fight.

The truth is that each man has the responsibility to fight for justice in any capacity he can, but not all do. The Celestial Order does. The Celestial Order must. Justice denied anywhere is justice diminished everywhere. We are the beacon that shines even when the night is the darkest and cruel men work their schemes in the shadows. We are the reminder that all men, good and cruel, deserve their due.

Cassia Aurelia Candidus sum. Iustitia sum.

I am Cassia Aurelia. I am Justice.

[ Edited 04:44:07 AM 10/29/18 ]

Website
Jandari
04:40:40 AM 10/29/18

Registered Member #1320
Fortune favors the bold.

Many live their lives with the truest of bravery unbeknownst to them. Sad and regrettable are their lives. He who DARES, wins. No?

We must harness all that the gods have put within us. We have been given a gift, and WE must access it. Perfect Valor is to do, without a witness, all that we could do before the whole world. We must tap into our inner strength, and push past all that we fear. Valor lies just halfway between rashness and cowardice. The Celestial Order is the embodiment of this virtue.

I am Sollis Lott.... Paladin of Torm the True... Knight in the Celestial Order... and *I* am Valor.

[ Edited 01:17:43 PM 10/29/18 ]

~ "In Valor there is Hope" - Tacitus ~

Dace Sontan - Keeper of Thain and Priest of Torm
Sollis Lott -Knights' Captain of the Empyrean Aurora Crusade, Celestial Knight of Thain, Tormtar
Kellendill Fehrien - Bladesinger and Knight of Greenvale
Isendir Navaar - Bloodguard

2016 People's Choice- Best Hero (Dace Sontan), Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Best Group (Team Keepers).

2017 People's Choice- Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

2018 People's Choice - Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Funniest Moment-"Spanking Shoes", and Best Quote.

2019 Peoples' Choice - Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain - Honorable Mention

Dace's Song: -Clickedy-

Sollis' Song: -Clickedy-

Kellendill's Song: -Clickedy-

Navaar's Song: -Clickedy-
Izral
04:55:54 PM 10/30/18

Registered Member #408
Truth

"No legacy is so rich as honesty" - William Shakespeare

An embodiment of truth. Pure in her being, a Deva is born with this gift.

To a Deva, obscurity holds no reason. Upholding truth in every circumstance is a true virtue. Even in those circumstances where it is much simpler to speak untrue to bypass a difficult situation. She must remain unfaltered.

Truth is always a double edged sword. It may hurt or help others. It may bring joy or misery. However, to speak the truth she will never be taxed by the burden of impurity. And in the eyes of her peers, and even her enemies, they will always know that she is... Chaska Bellator. And she is Truth.

-Clickedy-

[ Edited 05:21:30 PM 10/30/18 ]

Chaska Bellator - Celestial Knight - Lightbringer

-5 EST
Website

Jump:     Back to top