| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Payne
11:34:45 PM 08/23/19
‘Tis!

Squidget
11:27:05 PM 08/23/19
I'd be mad, but animating the corpse of your one daughter to kill your other daughter is about as drow as it gets.

Payne
11:21:26 PM 08/23/19

Warlord Kro
11:09:21 PM 08/23/19
Sisters!

Squidget
11:06:06 PM 08/23/19
Kro

Raven1210
04:16:39 PM 08/23/19
*wavity*

AmberOfDzu
03:55:03 PM 08/23/19
*wave*

scratch_flannigan
05:38:05 PM 08/22/19
After getting behind on Nature Night posts again, I have just finished the write-ups on the last three that I ran.

scratch_flannigan
08:49:40 PM 08/20/19
@Eijji I now like both of those songs better. This should be a wedding song.

Kat
03:57:43 PM 08/20/19
@Eijji that is genius but I will probably have that song in my head all day at work and for that you may have to pay..

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Off-Topic :: Major General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Ogreman007 - My Brother
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Falkala, Payne, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Ulgotheron
03:02:51 PM 08/18/18

Registered Member #165
Hi,

After reading many of the posts on the forum over the last 6 weeks or so I thought I would create a thread for you guys to read. My name is Scott. Ogreman/Ross is my brother, and as I am sure many of you are aware he sadly passed away on June 30th. For nearly a month I have been trying to put down in words what I wanted you guys to know about what has been going on to offer some form of closure to those here who cared about him. I apologise in advance if this post seems to be rambling.

For those who don't know, Ross was a senior Radiologist working at Pembury Hospital near Maidstone in the South East of England. In his department he was the supervisor in charge of the day to day running of the MRI department. Ross absolutely loved his job and despite only being 31 he was already going for promotion in to a Band 8 managerial role. We were all so proud of how quickly he had worked his way up through the ranks. Outside of work, Ross was a wonderful father to his daughter, Erin, and husband to Claire. He spent as much time as possible with Erin, always playing with her and teaching her new words and her numbers, helping to mold her in to the most curious and talkative 2 and a half year old I have ever met.

Ross' funeral was held on Friday the 27th July. If anyone would like to read it, I have a copy of the beautiful words spoken at his service. Over 120 people turned up, filling the crematorium to such a capacity that people were standing in the central aisle and peering in through the doors at the back of the hall. After the service, so many people came up to me and my family, letting us know what a special and amazing person Ross was. We had a memory book set up for anyone to write in the happy memories of Ross over the years, so that when Erin grows up she can also know what a kind and generous soul he was.

To this end I would invite the community here to also contribute. If any of you would like to write something, be it a happy memory of something you did in game with Ross, or just some kind words about the person you all knew as Ogreman, feel free to message me. Or better yet, post it here so that others in the community can also read it. While I can not bring myself to play games at the moment, I would also like to at some point join in playing Thain again, something I have not done for over 10 years.

For now I would like to end with a final few words that make me smile. This year for Ross' birthday my mother asked him what he would like as a gift. His response: "You don't need to get me anything mum, I already have everything I could possibly want."

- Scott Taylor

[ image disabled ]

[ Edited 03:42:48 PM 08/18/18 ]

Music List Thingy:

Ulgo(theron) Thunderstorm - Druid of Silvanus with learning difficulties - Rainmaker - Iron Maiden

Malefice The Shroud - Pale Knight with Psychopathic Tendencies - Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter - Iron Maiden
Reckless
04:01:16 PM 08/18/18
Registered Member #24488
While I'm new here and didn't know the man, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Clearly, he was a wonderful person and is missed by many here on the forums. My sincere condolences.
Warlord Kro
05:21:55 PM 08/18/18

Registered Member #1272
Thank you for reaching out Scott, and sharing your thoughts and feelings during what I can only imagine is still a very tough time for you all.

Ogre/Ross had a wonderful way of bringing anyone into his stories and activities here on Thain in such an inclusive and welcoming way. He really lived up to Thain's golden rule of respect and have fun.

He had a great impact on me, though our connection is through the format of on an online computer game with pixelated characters in a fantasy setting it was also very much a social activity and the e-friendship and memories of both our in-character interaction and out-of-character chats about real life (often in the wee hours due to our respective geographies) is something i will cherish. His loss was and continues to be strongly felt.

Much love to you, Claire, Erin and the rest of your family and friends.

"Imagine a ruin so strange it must never have happened. First, picture the forest. I want you to be its conscience, the eyes in the trees. The trees are columns of thick, brindled bark like muscular animals overgrown beyond all reason. Every space is filled with life: delicate, poisonous frogs, war-painted like skeletons, clutched in copulation, secreting their precious eggs onto dripping leaves. Vines strangling their own kin, in the everlasting wrestle for sunlight... A glide of snake belly on branch. A single-file army of ants biting a mammoth tree into uniform grains and hauling it down to the dark for their ravenous queen. And, in reply, a choir of seedlings, arching their necks out of rotted tree stumps, sucking life out of death. This forest eats itself and lives forever."

The PoisonWood Bible - Barbara Kingsolve
Yasmyn
07:07:20 PM 08/18/18
FEAR the Moorhen of Death (tm).

Registered Member #26
Scott - I'm so deeply, deeply sorry to read this. All condolences and best wishes to you and your family.

Blood. And death. And penguins. Lots of penguins. And maybe the occasional evil moorhen.
Just Miggen
12:00:18 AM 09/09/18
내가 제일 잘 나가

Registered Member #463
Breaks my heart to hear of an old friend passing. I am so sorry.

You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the half-drow dragonblooded sorcerer raised in Celestia with a mechanical mithril arm and scimitars for hands.

Calm down boys, mommy's here.
Website
Naerwen
02:38:19 AM 10/01/18

Registered Member #1556
Wow I just read the news yesterday and found out we lost Ogreman.

What a character he was! Loved RPing with him as he always made the stories fun and Dwenty (which can be scary).

All my best to you and yours, Scott, as you go through this loss. I simply can't imagine Thain without him.

Godspeed, Ogreman. You were awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Idunna Nistaüre | Druidess | Song - Iduna by Faun <-- Lyrics w/translation | Portrait Pack | The Grandfather Tree | Venom | Unravellings |

[ image disabled ]
Animayhem
11:00:06 AM 11/11/18

Registered Member #23859
Yasmyn wrote ...

Scott - I'm so deeply, deeply sorry to read this. All condolences and best wishes to you and your family.

Heartfelt condolences

New screen shot link

-Clickedy-
Dizzy-D2
10:39:41 PM 05/29/19

Registered Member #1536
I'm late on this - but Ogreman was a fellow night owl who showed me love when I was the only player online due to insomnia or a little break during all-nighters. I never knew him personally, but the attention he paid me in-game makes me confident I would have enjoyed a beer or cup of coffee with him in real life. RIP, friend.

Crauser: (Unexpected Acquaintances) Along for the Ride; (Preferred Customers) What happens in the alley...; Women and Children, First; The Things We Do...
Lao Sho Quan: Enter: The Demon
Ahab Blackwell: By Demons Be Drunken // Nine(9)ty-Nine Bottles of Rum
Jandari
08:01:52 PM 06/22/19

Registered Member #1320
Ogreman was a bad mutha....and HE was what we were following and looking for on this server. May HE rest in peace, and may the rest of us follow what HE was about!!

[ Edited 08:20:06 AM 06/23/19 ]

~ "In Valor there is Hope" - Tacitus ~

Dace Sontan - Keeper of Thain and Priest of Torm
Sollis Lott -Celestial Knight of Thain, Tormtar
Kellendill Fehrien - Bladesinger and Knight of Greenvale

2016 People's Choice- Best Hero (Dace Sontan), Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Best Group (Team Keepers).

2017 People's Choice- Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

2018 People's Choice - Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Funniest Moment-"Spanking Shoes", and Best Quote.

Dace's Song: -Clickedy-

Sollis' Song: -Clickedy-

Kellendill's Song: -Clickedy-
Jandari
08:02:58 PM 06/22/19

Registered Member #1320
Dizzy...i'd like it if you PMed me.

~ "In Valor there is Hope" - Tacitus ~

Dace Sontan - Keeper of Thain and Priest of Torm
Sollis Lott -Celestial Knight of Thain, Tormtar
Kellendill Fehrien - Bladesinger and Knight of Greenvale

2016 People's Choice- Best Hero (Dace Sontan), Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Best Group (Team Keepers).

2017 People's Choice- Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

2018 People's Choice - Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Funniest Moment-"Spanking Shoes", and Best Quote.

Dace's Song: -Clickedy-

Sollis' Song: -Clickedy-

Kellendill's Song: -Clickedy-
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top