| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Maintenance
09:18:18 AM 06/24/19

Nothing to see here Chatbox

Warlord Kro
02:50:13 AM 06/24/19
Well done Scratch!

Evendithus
10:36:49 PM 06/23/19
Hey Wraitheus. Loading is being a bit slow for me tonight to get in. Apologies. Will keep trying.

scratch_flannigan
07:15:39 PM 06/23/19
For the first time in forever.. I am caught up on the Stories of the Groves posts !

scratch_flannigan
12:03:44 PM 06/23/19
Nature Night begins in about 2 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CDT (GMT -5).
Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be on as Rubok Baxtrapple. Please shoot me a tell if you have questions !

scratch_flannigan
08:57:55 PM 06/22/19
Thranduil,

A post for you in the Feywars thread.

Jandari
07:57:25 PM 06/22/19
PLEASE.....send me a PM or a Discord message!!!

Jandari
07:57:00 PM 06/22/19
HELLO Thain!! How is everyone!?

scratch_flannigan
10:50:15 AM 06/22/19
Well...we did chop down one tree. you know, Circle of Life and such.

And then there was the time that we almost burned down our own grove.

That one was not really planned.

Edrick
10:51:58 PM 06/21/19

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Off-Topic :: Major General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Terrible News
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Falkala, Payne, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
This thread is now closed
Author Post
Vaeltava
12:39:02 PM 07/02/18

Registered Member #1761
I'm glad Ogre's brother could reach out to us to let us know, though I sincerely wish that it had not been necessary in the first place.

Acanthus Aranneus Garanthes- Wizard; Celestial Knight of Hope
Garagnavagh- Voracious Gnoll Chieftain
Lucille Sefton- Wandering Soul

Garagnavagh -- Funniest Character 2018; tied for Best Character 2018 with Ralzok Snagason.

Thain is what you make of it; No one will do anything for you. It's a video game, where we kill dragons in neverneverland. You can do whatever you want, and if anything, there will be droves of people to move in and support your idea. --Cannonfodder
AmberOfDzu
01:09:52 PM 07/02/18

Registered Member #279
I'm at a loss for words.

He'll be missed. His main was one of the most interesting, multi-dimensional ebil villains one could ever find. Yet as a person, he was always kind, thoughtful, patient, well-spoken, understanding, and creative. I can only imagine how hard this is on the people he knew and shared his life with in reality, not just in an internet game. My deepest condolences go out to them.

Tuckerr99
01:25:59 PM 07/02/18

Registered Member #23932
This is a difficult day, for sure.

I don't think Ogreman would want us to stop telling stories even for a minute. Keep him in your thoughts, remember how hard it is to be a villain, and remember how easy he made it look.

Goodbye, Ogreman.

Characters:

Falbin: Cheerful Warder of Arvoreen
Corbin DuVall: The Desolator --Theme: -Clickedy-
Kylynyl: Guardian of Greenvale

Amracil
02:28:55 PM 07/02/18
I'm Watching You

Registered Member #273
Damn. Just... damn. My heart aches for his entire family.

Carylduil - Chronicle of an Elven Heart, Chronicle of an Elven Heart II, Awakening, Sharpening a Mind, Into Darkness, The Search for Eloril, Servant of Light, A Request for Blessings, An Assassin Strikes, Peering into the Shadows

Sarírel - Wizard of Thay, Seasons Change, The Search for Knowledge and Power, Darkness Grows, Darkness Grows II, A Shift of Power, A New Alliance, Dark Components

Thrash Flint - Thrash Flint, Thrash Flint II, Thrash Flint III

No Name - It Walks Among Us, Darkness Within the Light
scratch_flannigan
02:33:49 PM 07/02/18
Sqauwk !

Registered Member #648
Just terrible and sad news.

If anyone sees mentions of The Midnight Pixie or Wolf in any thing I write here, or RP with Malam, just know that he brought those characters into being.

His imagination helped create things that turned into good times that I could share with other players. He made me feel welcome here, just like he did for so many others.

Rest in Peace, Ogre.

You are legend here.

Characters:
Rubok "Baxter" Baxtrapple - Old and gruff gnome ranger.
Malam Itny - Halfling Druid- Currently off of the Island
Dauken - Shape-shifting, vision-having, seagull - Currently off of the Island
Shards
02:33:57 PM 07/02/18
Life is full of disappointment.

Registered Member #1570
AmberOfDzu wrote ...

I'm at a loss for words.

He'll be missed. His main was one of the most interesting, multi-dimensional ebil villains one could ever find. Yet as a person, he was always kind, thoughtful, patient, well-spoken, understanding, and creative. I can only imagine how hard this is on the people he knew and shared his life with in reality, not just in an internet game. My deepest condolences go out to them.

This.

AKA Shards_of_Narsil; [DM] Shards

"Feed not, yon Trolls." Pwny

yup, yup, yup, yup, yup, uh-huh, uh-huh.

What is this Pagan, Hippy, Crap?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Pentan
02:56:16 PM 07/02/18
Be kind to each other.

Registered Member #1711
See you buddy.
Pentan

[ image disabled ]
~Ogreman007

[ Edited 03:26:02 PM 07/02/18 ]

Characters:
Brando Underhill (Maker of Ale and Automata)
Fergus Thorgrimson (Wandering investigator)
Grimwulf Skullcleaver (Hammersong Warrior)
Razac Ogrerum (1/2 Orc Mercenary Rogue)
Finarafin Treesong (Tree Hugger)
ToM (Lowtown Priest, Spiritual Guide of the down trodden)

Warlord Kro
04:17:57 PM 07/02/18

Registered Member #1272
I'm absolutely gutted by this news.

Ogre is one of the most friendly and inclusive players and would reach out to anyone to include them here on Thain - and I've enjoyed every moment of it. Both the in character plots and out of character chats ranging on everything from home renovations and all the rest. I rolled up my Thayan in large part because of him.

He will be greatly missed and I raise my glass in one final salute.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

"Imagine a ruin so strange it must never have happened. First, picture the forest. I want you to be its conscience, the eyes in the trees. The trees are columns of thick, brindled bark like muscular animals overgrown beyond all reason. Every space is filled with life: delicate, poisonous frogs, war-painted like skeletons, clutched in copulation, secreting their precious eggs onto dripping leaves. Vines strangling their own kin, in the everlasting wrestle for sunlight... A glide of snake belly on branch. A single-file army of ants biting a mammoth tree into uniform grains and hauling it down to the dark for their ravenous queen. And, in reply, a choir of seedlings, arching their necks out of rotted tree stumps, sucking life out of death. This forest eats itself and lives forever."

The PoisonWood Bible - Barbara Kingsolve
Alathos
07:24:47 PM 07/02/18

Registered Member #24064
Damn . I don't know what to say. He will truly be missed. There is no doubt that the inspiration he's given will live on.
Valav
10:54:50 PM 07/02/18

Registered Member #23898
Rest in peace, Ogreman.

I play Valav.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top