| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Maintenance
09:18:18 AM 06/24/19

Nothing to see here Chatbox

Warlord Kro
02:50:13 AM 06/24/19
Well done Scratch!

Evendithus
10:36:49 PM 06/23/19
Hey Wraitheus. Loading is being a bit slow for me tonight to get in. Apologies. Will keep trying.

scratch_flannigan
07:15:39 PM 06/23/19
For the first time in forever.. I am caught up on the Stories of the Groves posts !

scratch_flannigan
12:03:44 PM 06/23/19
Nature Night begins in about 2 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CDT (GMT -5).
Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be on as Rubok Baxtrapple. Please shoot me a tell if you have questions !

scratch_flannigan
08:57:55 PM 06/22/19
Thranduil,

A post for you in the Feywars thread.

Jandari
07:57:25 PM 06/22/19
PLEASE.....send me a PM or a Discord message!!!

Jandari
07:57:00 PM 06/22/19
HELLO Thain!! How is everyone!?

scratch_flannigan
10:50:15 AM 06/22/19
Well...we did chop down one tree. you know, Circle of Life and such.

And then there was the time that we almost burned down our own grove.

That one was not really planned.

Edrick
10:51:58 PM 06/21/19

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Off-Topic :: Major General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
We ought to really discuss this......
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Falkala, Payne, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Jandari
08:28:11 PM 06/06/18

Registered Member #1320
I was RPing the other night and the subject of Andras came up. I broke completely down.....I cried, uncontrollably. We NEED to memorialize him somehow. I would volunteer the Keepers to do it. Whomever does it, it needs to be done. Can we get some closure on this?

"In Valor there is Hope" - Tacitus

Dace Sontan - Keeper of Thain and Priest of Torm
Sollis Lott -Celestial Knight of Thain (occupying the seat of Valour), Torm-tar

2016 People's Choice- Best Hero (Dace Sontan), Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Best Group (Team Keepers).

2017 People's Choice- Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

2018 People's Choice - Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

Dace's Song: -Clickedy-
Tuckerr99
09:10:33 PM 06/06/18

Registered Member #23932
Losing a friend sucks. I think we can all agree there.

One of the main reasons why the staff hasn't made any decisions about the fate of Katana's characters or memorialized him in-game is because we have yet to hear from Myridean, regarding her wishes and what she would like to do. There's no time limit on grieving, and she can take as long to consider it as she would like. The staff will hold off on any module changes or formal memorial efforts until we hear from her.

With that in mind, I would ask that everyone respect Myridian's silence on the matter, and not seek her out to ask her personally about this. She knows that our thoughts are with her, and she knows she can reach out whenever she's ready, no matter how long that may take.

Remember Katana fondly. Think often about the stories you've told with him, and the ways he brought joy into your life. Closure won't come from a placeable, it will come from happy memories.

[ Edited 09:12:54 PM 06/06/18 ]

Characters:

Falbin: Cheerful Warder of Arvoreen
Corbin DuVall: The Desolator --Theme: -Clickedy-
Kylynyl: Guardian of Greenvale

Corlupi
05:34:35 AM 06/07/18
Awooo

Registered Member #2942
The best way, IMHO, to honour and remember Katana by is by cultivating the sort of IG culture that makes Thain what it is: respect, togetherness and inclusion. As Tucker has pointed out, closure will not come from a placeable, nor is it a proper way to pay our respects. We do that best by holding on to the Vision that makes Thain so special to so many of us.

Preceding Payne since 2015.

Renneleth Margaladhon - Tel'Mordere Huntmaster, Hand of Horro
Malarahc Tarthe - Wildmage, Scion of House Tarthe of Mora'chel
Website
Yasmyn
04:56:17 PM 06/14/18
FEAR the Moorhen of Death (tm).

Registered Member #26
Katana was one of the people on Thain I RP'd most closely with. We played Lia and Andras closely together for over 2 years when the server was still relatively young. When I logged onto the forums a couple of weeks ago I was and still am brokenhearted to hear the news.

I think Lupi has it absolutely right. Katana always played his characters IC but always with warmth and respect for others. The best way to remember him is to do the same.

Blood. And death. And penguins. Lots of penguins. And maybe the occasional evil moorhen.
Dyrcona
11:57:41 AM 06/19/18

Registered Member #11
I am so sad. I don't even know what to say.

Entdecke die Insel von Dyrcona.

Just be sure to wear the gold uniform when you beam down -- you know what happens when you wear the red one.
Vyranna
03:09:41 PM 06/21/18
Registered Member #785
So, uh, for those of us who were away..

What happened? I mean, not the details or anything.. .just...

Accident, illness, other? Seems... awfully sudden.

Jade 'Shatterblade' Elysis - Chaplain of Tempus
Janus T Shadowhand - Trapper-at-large
Theron Alacrys - Procurer and secure Courier
-----
Camouflage is the color of fear; i have no need to hide from my foes, for i have no fear of Death. My colors i wear openly, (for) they proclaim louder than any words 'I am proud to live - (and) I am proud to die.
Jandari
06:04:22 PM 06/21/18

Registered Member #1320
I, honestly, don't know.

"In Valor there is Hope" - Tacitus

Dace Sontan - Keeper of Thain and Priest of Torm
Sollis Lott -Celestial Knight of Thain (occupying the seat of Valour), Torm-tar

2016 People's Choice- Best Hero (Dace Sontan), Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain, and Best Group (Team Keepers).

2017 People's Choice- Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

2018 People's Choice - Tied: Most Newbie Friendly Veteran of Thain.

Dace's Song: -Clickedy-
Ramana Jala
07:02:13 PM 06/21/18

Registered Member #1033
Just suddenly, that's all I read: Somber News - A Farewell to Katana3DG

He was such a great guy and friend, I certainly miss him.

Jalla Desat (née: dem Vald) - Half-Elf Druidess, Druid of The Source of All Life, soul-mate to Krin Desat, mother to their four children, Dame of Pack Far-Runner, Tel'Varataurie elder, Feywood Taur'ohtarie, Harper, mystic, healer, herbologist.
Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Domefarar - Elf Ranger, Estelglin of the Greenvale Estel Tirindor (she finally took a side). Publicly a Ranger, privately a Rogue Opportunist. A follower of Fenmarel Mestarine, the self-reliant Lone Wolf. Also a Sensate of Sharess, a pleasure and bliss junkie. And a well-armed goth groupie.
Wikia Bio Playlist Threads Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Ranara Duauth - Elf Wizardess. A ‘shadowchild’, a being created by water and shadow, actually an alternating manifestation of Ramana. A follower of Prizimal (Keeper of the Balance of Light and Darkness), and in this universe is a friend to Wai’i’lani.
Wikia Bio Playlist Her complex story begins here: Her Shadow Self Current Events:Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Falkala
07:29:23 PM 06/21/18
BAHAMUT TAKE THE WHEEL

Registered Member #623
His family has not shared any further details at this time, and we are respecting their silence in this time of sorrow for them.

Current Characters:
Mira Dain - Madam Dain of Condor Imports.
Deidra - Bronze Blooded Warder of Bahamut.
Eleanor- Steinkreis Born Ashen Knight.
Florence - The bear and the maiden fair.
Iskaria - Clipped Huntress.
myridean
04:51:10 PM 08/11/18

Registered Member #120
Katana aka Tom had died of a brain aneurysm on the evening of May 7, 2018. He was to turn 50 this coming December. I had found him the following early morning when I had woken up, collapsed on the floor. I called 9-1-1 but when the paramedics came to examine him, it was much too late. As per his wishes, he wanted no visitation nor did he want a service. When I'm emotionally stronger, I'll probably arrange a family get together on his birthday in December.

Thank you so much for respecting my wishes to endure these first few months. As I've learned the hard way, a loss is not something to get over, it is to be carried. You'll always have the pain of grief with you but it's with time that you learn how to better manage that suffering. Katana had played with me in several games since Thain, including CoX (City of Heroes/City of Villains) where his main, Novapulse, will have a statue (This was planned when I had become a backer of City of Titans, still in development at this time). It was to be a tribute to a living character but I don't mind it being a memorial now. He also played with me and was planning eventually to return to play LOTRO and he was for the past five years into Star Citizen. I had just bought a pledge account to join him weeks before he had suddenly passed away. He also spent five years on and off playing The Secret World as my main character's team mate, Sven.

As for a memorial, I've asked Am to contact the DMs and I'll be discussing with them if they wish to include something in the module to honour Katana's legacy. He played so many beloved characters on Thain. I think my favourite was Gronn, the half-orc who loved strawberry pies but was terribly allergic to them, breaking out in hives whenever he did but still ate them anyway. I know however that most of us including myself probably have a connection to his main character, Andras D'arkkon. For Jur'ni, living under his epic shadow, it did create some wonderful storylines for us.

Myri

Jur'ni D'arkkon -- Monk of the Order of Enthaet, Defense Counsellor of Neverwinter Court (Deceased)

H.R.H, Princess Jasmine -- The Dark Knome
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top