| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Jandari
09:20:06 AM 07/18/19
I hope they don't screw it up.

Vaeltava
06:10:35 PM 07/17/19
Well, that's some news, Jandari.

Jandari
03:46:49 PM 07/17/19

wisdombeyondages
03:09:14 PM 07/17/19
Its part of why so many dont post much. I am 10-12 hours behind on posts.

scratch_flannigan
02:48:12 PM 07/17/19
Good to see you back, Zhymm !

Jandari
01:02:18 PM 07/17/19
I feel your pain, Zhymm.

Zhymm
11:39:30 AM 07/17/19
Decided to drop in, started going through all the forum posts, mainly IC stuff, since my last visit. Whew, that was a lot of reading. Well, more like 'skimming' than reading. I think I'm caught up on events since my last visit months ago. How do you folks generate so much content so quickly? It takes my hours just to create and compose a 'short' IC post.

Daenre
09:45:30 PM 07/15/19
hey all been a long time since I poked my head in, still haven't gotten round to getting the remaster of nwn, but I miss this place terribly. one day I'll get the upgrade xD hope you all are having fun and are still making some awesome stories together

Falkala
02:04:51 PM 07/15/19
-Clickedy- Thain Patreon is up, for those who would like to help us with the server costs.

Jandari
10:51:59 AM 07/15/19

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Women and Children, First
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Falkala, Payne, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Dizzy-D2
05:39:58 AM 09/26/15

Registered Member #1536
[ image disabled ]

Nights like tonight in low town are especially filthy. The rains settled at sunset, so everything is just soaking in. The drainage isn’t exactly top-notch, either. The stranger walked deliberately, this large man. He is completely armored, save a hood that veils his face. Finding his way through the edge of the city, he wound his way deeper into the darkest alleys. People looked, at first, and some made odd bird calls that probably signaled “outsider approaching.” After a few twists and turns, the alleys began to close in behind him, engulfing him further with every step. Dimming lights and fewer friendly faces at every corner, he did not stray from charter. A large man, about his own equal in height, followed him for three blocks, accompanied by a smaller, yappier companion. Perhaps dangerous enough, but both were easily misled with a quick cut of a corner. Third left across the market. The market is closed for the night, and the corner alley is obvious. He cuts over to a small fencing between the market. The target is out of sight, but only for a quick hop of a fence and a left turn. He hops the fence, landing with a loud smash of armor and jingling widgets. Now just a quick left – but no. Before him, a woman stands right where he needs to be. She’s slight of build and wears tight leather. A long black cloak runs down her back.

“You seem lost,” she says in a raspy voice.

“Cuttin’ through,” the stranger says.

“You know, there’s a toll for that,” she narrows her sharp brown eyes.

He merely grins as he straightens himself off. “And I guess the two little ones are goin’ to enforce it?”

Two half-men pop out of hiding; one lurks from behind a garbage bin and nearly trips on the lid when he rushes out, while the other springs from a rooftop, landing directly behind the man. They both have sharp teeth, but one is bald and the other sports an eye patch.

“Get out of my way,” the stranger insists, walking forward.

Two other men are waiting on either corner of the next building he approaches, each carrying a sharp dagger that cuts merely looking at it. “Maybe all of us!”

“All I have to do is give the word,” the woman screeches from under her cloak. “And they will cut you open.”

“I’m here on business.”

“Right, well. Business makes profit, right? That’s taxed, too.” She draws a bow and readies an arrow at him.

“And if I don’t?” he remarks.

“Then maybe someday I'll see you in Hell-“ she begins, but she is interrupted. “Women and children, first!” growls the stranger, grabbing one of the smaller men, using him as some sort of shield to absorb incoming arrows while charging the woman headlong.

[ Edited 05:43:15 AM 12/20/15 ]

Crauser: (Unexpected Acquaintances) Along for the Ride; (Preferred Customers) What happens in the alley...; Women and Children, First; The Things We Do...
Lao Sho Quan: Enter: The Demon
Ahab Blackwell: By Demons Be Drunken // Nine(9)ty-Nine Bottles of Rum

Jump:     Back to top