| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Kagali
12:31:52 PM 11/21/19
I still remember the day Tavi got epic. 'Twas also the day Meri got a +3 ring of protection! 'Course, now that's not so special, but it was a huge deal back then!

Shade
09:02:05 PM 11/20/19
Tavi-Tavi is a legend.

Galorndan
08:35:12 PM 11/20/19
@ Izral. Keshva may still be lurking around somewhere, i suspect there may be quite an interesting homecoming.

Jandari
08:33:51 PM 11/20/19
I remember the TAVI!!!!!

Galorndan
08:31:51 PM 11/20/19
If I can ever manage to get a newer computer, yes, there will be a Tavi in Thains future.

...wait, there are still folk who remember the Tavi?

Izral
08:28:38 PM 11/20/19
What about Keshva?

Shade
08:02:53 PM 11/20/19
Will we be seeing the Tavi again?

Galorndan
12:10:43 PM 11/20/19
^_^

Shade
10:16:46 PM 11/17/19
*gasps* Galorndan! *wavity wave*

Galorndan
09:40:42 PM 11/17/19
Hello Thain

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Where lies blame?
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Zhymm
02:18:55 PM 03/24/15

Registered Member #191
How it began:

"Can a life be lived in constant fear? Can one ever cease watching the shadows, the path behind, the way forward, for those that bear ill will and a thirst for retribution and vengeance for the blame that has been cast?"

"It's been many months since the Great Creature of Shadow attacked the Stronghold. I only sought help, a haven from that thing. I ran to the elven home seeking aid. Many fell fighting the creature. In the end, the Council held me to account for their sacrifice. Blame for their deaths was placed at my feet."

"I proclaimed innocence. I was no shadow being. I, too, was a victim. So, a test of that claim was initiated. Prove I was not shadow touched. Walk through shadow without event. But, in that test, shadow joined with me and I became part of it. I was taken by it. I found myself in a fearsome, shadowy place. There I was told I had a "gift". I could walk the shadow path. I could use my gift for good or ill. Then I was sent back. I've searched for a path to that place of shadow ever since. But the search has borne no fruit."

"Shadow provided a temporary escape. But at a price. I had failed the test and was now one to be hunted. To walk in constant fear, always looking back, always peering ahead, hiding in shadow at every unanticipated sound."

Morgan.

If I were organized I'd be dangerous.

Zhymm Grasscobble (AKA "Cobble") - halfling rogue, immersion disruptor, "The Tale of the Fey Blades" -Clickedy-, "The Pink Hair Incident" -Clickedy-,

Zuben el Genubi - inept human wizard,

Shando Reyer (AKA "Morgan") - shadow touched human ranger, "Where Lies Blame?" -Clickedy-, "Another Path Opens" -Clickedy-

Tagnus Stenkil (AKA "Tag") - dwarven fighter from the (late) Cloud Peaks Clan,

Dawson Mossmann - human druid, studies mosses and lichens,

Scatos Umbrassi- mustachio-ed, shadow touched human rogue,

Frin Featherfoot - fleet of foot halfling monk,

Sheeza Biggun - female half-orc barbarian,

Carmine Underhill - halfling wizard, Underhill family potion brewer,

Kovapuusti Ristalko (AKA Dulenti Sendel) - halfling wizard, Red Wizard wannabe, "The Transformation" -Clickedy-,

and a host of others.
Zhymm
02:40:21 PM 03/24/15

Registered Member #191
Redemption?

"I've been found. The elven ranger, agent of the Council, caught me on the southern coast. Cornered, unable to flee. Will he take me back there? What will be my sentence? Life imprisonment? That was suggested before the 'test'. The test through which I escaped. And has that escape now changed the sentence to something else?"

"What is this? The ranger says he may have a use for me. Go places he cannot. Be his eyes and ears. Doing this service for him and, by proxy, the Council could lead to my redemption. At least a respite from the constant fear of the hunt."

"So, I join my accusers in defense of their home in the hope it will lead to my atonement in their eyes."

Morgan

Zhymm Grasscobble (AKA "Cobble") - halfling rogue, immersion disruptor, "The Tale of the Fey Blades" -Clickedy-, "The Pink Hair Incident" -Clickedy-,

Shando Reyer (AKA "Morgan") - shadow touched human ranger, "Where Lies Blame?" -Clickedy-, "Another Path Opens" -Clickedy-

Kovapuusti Ristalko (AKA Dulenti Sendel) - halfling wizard, Red Wizard wannabe, "The Transformation" -Clickedy-,

and a host of others.
Zhymm
02:44:14 PM 03/24/15

Registered Member #191
Frustration.

"I've searched the isle. North to south. East to west. And no sign of the path to that one place of shadow I visited so long ago. Many 'other' shadow paths I've found. But not the first. Not the first."

Morgan

and a host of others.
Zhymm
02:52:42 PM 03/24/15

Registered Member #191
Return to Fear -

"One elf. Just one elf. The man caused the death of just one elf. And they sentenced him to death for that. An eye for an eye ..."

"I was named the cause of death for many elves. Not just one. Many. What will my sentence be? How many 'eyes' will be taken from me?"

"Where can I hide, now? The last place failed ... "

Morgan

and a host of others.
Zhymm
02:55:41 PM 03/24/15

Registered Member #191
Morgan slips into the Trade & Tackle.

[ image disabled ]

and a host of others.
Zhymm
07:17:02 PM 03/24/15

Registered Member #191
A message to Styvn left in the care of Bence of the Trade & Tackel

I have concerns and seek your counsel. Contact me, at your convenience, via our usual process.

Yours in service

Morgan

and a host of others.
Zhymm
07:21:24 PM 03/24/15

Registered Member #191
A message to the lady Kellenri left in the care of Bence of the Trade & Tackel

My lady Kellenri, hoping this finds you well. If, by chance, you meet Styvn the ranger and he proclaims no knowledge of my concerns, please convey to him my desire to seek his counsel.

Yours in friendship,

Morgan

and a host of others.
Thranduil Greenleaf
07:40:52 AM 03/25/15

Registered Member #1145
Styvn walks up to Bence's counter at the Trade & Tackle.

"Hello Bence. Any messages for me?"

"Hello Styvn. Yes, as a matter of fact, this was left for you recently."

The ranger takes the note, slides a few coins across the counter to Bence, and thanks him. After slipping out the door, Styvn breaks the seal and reads the note.

message wrote ...

I have concerns and seek your counsel. Contact me, at your convenience, via our usual process.

Yours in service

Morgan

He heads out to track Morgan down and find out what's on his mind. He's sure it's connected to whatever the reason is he hasn't seen Morgan in a while.

Styvn-elf, Tel'Varataurie. -Clickedy- (player loggin = Thranduil Greenleaf) -Clickedy-

Roklynd Elendili-half elf, servant of Mielikki. (player loggin = Kun tao)

Theven Nimblfingers-halfling, lock & trap master. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

Bob Johnson-human, large meat shield. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Bor'el Greenleaf-elf, healer, priest of Corellon. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Edan Amandil-human, healer. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

John Smith-human, blacksmith. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)

Rosco Underhill-halfling, "Underhill family" hit man. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)[/color]

Kings are fools, and nations of men greater fools, to do the bidding of such men and be commanded by their pettiness.... and to die for their whims.
Zhymm
10:04:56 PM 02/20/19

Registered Member #191
A message to Styvn left in the care of Tok (Bence's assistant) of the Trade & Tackel

I have news of that which you've asked me to investigate. Contact me, at your convenience, via our usual process.

Yours in service,

Morgan

and a host of others.
Zhymm
02:16:46 PM 02/22/19

Registered Member #191
"Styvn has set me a task, surveil an individual that attracts his, and the Council's, interest. I have been somewhat successful in that endeavor. Styvn has rewarded me for what I've found so far and has requested that I carry on with this task."

"But, a consequence of my continued efforts has exposed some individuals, seeming friends, that are privy to our plans and whose loyalties, based on my observations and in my estimation, lie with those elements that wish harm for the Feywood and its folk. I need to contact Styvn and relay this to him."

A new note for Styvn is left at the Trade & Tackel in Bence's care.

Morgan

[ Edited 05:56:39 AM 02/25/19 ]

and a host of others.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top