Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  2 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  2 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  5 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  5 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  5 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  5 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Other Games
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Mass Effect

1 2 3 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Dogbert
7:34:27 pm GMT 03/05/12
Dogbert Hundbert
Registered Member #293 Joined: 1:22:43 am GMT 10/06/04
ME3 releases tomorrow.

-Clickedy-

Who's getting it? What are your expectations?
Inglorious
8:54:38 pm GMT 03/05/12
Inglorious The Notorious I.N.G.
Registered Member #1619 Joined: 1:45:20 pm GMT 07/28/10
Not getting it tomorrow, waiting for the 6 bucks off with a used copy next week. But I expect a better looking gaming with not as great play quality. ME2 barely topped ME1 in my opinion, and I think topping 2 would be a stretch. It's going to be a great game, and probably game of the year, but I think based off of aesthetics alone it is going to wipe all other games out. As for game play I'm thinking a top 10 of 2012.
Lightfoot
9:02:12 pm GMT 03/05/12
Lightfoot Registered Member #157 Joined: 5:18:57 pm GMT 06/25/04
I'm afraid ME 1 was one of those games I just never finished tongue I never went for 2 but might dabble my toe in 3 .. you never know. I think I'll wait until it comes down in price though too grin
Ritz
9:14:20 pm GMT 03/05/12
Ritz ALL THE MANAS
Registered Member #1022 Joined: 6:08:50 am GMT 04/10/07
Simply put, Mass Effect 3 is going to suck...

...for anyone who hasn't played the first two. There's simply too much interconnected plotlines and twists, that playing the third one without playing the first two is like watching Return of The King about halfway in.

The demo gave me misgivings about the cover-based shooting system. It was flawless in ME2, but seemed less "sticky" in the third, which means I'll be very unhappy getting shot all the goddamn time by mistake.

The multiplayer aspect, seems to be slightly interesting. Earning points in missions to buy "packs" of equipment (basically, like cards). Can't say it's going to be great, though. The MP characters are limited in scope, and leaving everything outside of skill points to random packs isn't the best idea. But it'll certainly give it replayability.

So long as there's no Mako, I think it'll be fantastic overall.
Doorman
10:41:21 pm GMT 03/05/12
Doorman Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95 Joined: 11:18:15 pm GMT 04/11/04
I found the "sticky cover" a burden in ME2, too many times would Shepard delay vaulting cover because he was busy making sure that he was hunkered down perfectly while YMIR mechs descended upon him. In the PC version, there were even times that diving into cover actually led to me getting clipped off the floor, so I had to spend awhile storming around on the edge of a tiny wall until I found a spot I could actually get down onto the right field.

What I saw of ME3 shows more evasion techniques, and to be honest I'll take holding the crouch key behind a crate over gluing myself to it any day.
Doorman
10:52:17 pm GMT 03/05/12
Doorman Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95 Joined: 11:18:15 pm GMT 04/11/04
I did hear, however, that the game now tracks Paragon and Renegade differently -- your ability to influence a conversation is determined by your Reputation, which is raised by doing reputable things (you would think the ShepRep would be pretty significant by now but hey, whatever). What I hear is that they wanted people to feel comfortable making decisions in the moment, rather than feeling honorbound to go flawless Paragon or Renegade.

This late in the game it might be hard for some players to make that transition, but I support BioWare's decision to move a little more towards Dragon Age's "gray area" thing.
barakka
11:13:45 pm GMT 03/05/12
barakka Registered Member #223 Joined: 3:05:42 am GMT 08/26/04
Pre-loaded. Activates at midnight.
MadskillsMike
11:30:20 pm GMT 03/05/12
MadskillsMike capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143 Joined: 7:06:07 pm GMT 06/17/04
Doorman wrote ...

I found the "sticky cover" a burden in ME2, too many times would Shepard delay vaulting cover because he was busy making sure that he was hunkered down perfectly while YMIR mechs descended upon him. In the PC version, there were even times that diving into cover actually led to me getting clipped off the floor, so I had to spend awhile storming around on the edge of a tiny wall until I found a spot I could actually get down onto the right field.

What I saw of ME3 shows more evasion techniques, and to be honest I'll take holding the crouch key behind a crate over gluing myself to it any day.

Sounds like a PC vs Console thing. I favor the crouch button too.
Payne
12:25:26 am GMT 03/06/12
Payne EXCELSIOR!
Registered Member #613 Joined: 9:18:34 pm GMT 09/09/05
Ritz wrote ...

Simply put, Mass Effect 3 is going to suck...

<details details details>

So long as there's no Mako, I think it'll be fantastic overall.

So is it going to suck or be fantastic? tongue
Dogbert
12:45:45 am GMT 03/06/12
Dogbert Hundbert
Registered Member #293 Joined: 1:22:43 am GMT 10/06/04
I've never played the first ME. I picked up the second on the advice of a friend and loved the game. I'll be picking it up but may find myself doing a quick playthrough of ME1 just to catch up on lore.
1 2 3 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 38
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: Heisenbeast
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Vandir
2. M�rynsilm�
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org