| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

ArezimaRedwind
05:11:28 AM 01/18/20
Oh, and Payne, I was 15 the first time I logged in here. I'm now 32.

So old.

ArezimaRedwind
05:00:42 AM 01/18/20
Hiiii! <3

You're beautiful. You're all beautiful.

Squidget
03:38:54 AM 01/18/20
Arezima!

ArezimaRedwind
03:02:23 AM 01/18/20
o and squidget who even are you anymore

ArezimaRedwind
02:53:04 AM 01/18/20
what even is going on

Shade
01:56:46 AM 01/18/20
Not to mention the time it takes to walk trough a city. Pretty sure you couldn't walk from one end from The watch to the other in 30 seconds.

Just Miggen
10:00:42 PM 01/17/20
Characters age at the speed of their story too. It isn't always perfect, I remember when Miggen had only aged like a couple years and met with a friend who went from ~30s to full blown "it's been 84 years..." old woman, so it was awkward navigating that RP but nothing that ruined my fun or character.

scratch_flannigan
07:08:09 PM 01/17/20
@Beldar,
"Dauken flew away quickly to avoid any work."

LMAO! Perfect !

Payne
04:53:37 PM 01/17/20
I started here in my 30's, I am approaching my 50's, I am reminded of time slipping away enough as it is.

I dont really want to have it in my make believe world.

Dogbert
04:50:32 PM 01/17/20
Another reason I REALLY don't like anything beyond real-time.

If we followed in-game time, every NPC you like died long ago from old age, and any non-elves that are more than a year or two old are on their way to retirement.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
In the Line of Fire
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Ramana Jala
05:34:10 PM 11/21/10

Registered Member #1033
Karstrynn, Phoenix, and Jalla were conversing at Crossroads corner one afternoon, one of the subjects happening to be about the gory remnants in the field from what seemed to be an escalation in hostilities between the goblins and the kobolds as of late, and the discussion turned to the poor unarmed citizens that had gotten caught in the crossfire, with many injuries and even loss of life.

Suddenly arrows and rocks started flying by, and the three turned to find goblins coming down from the north. They were fortunately able to quickly put down that threat, when Kars spied kobolds coming from the south, and that was also taken care of. But the situation was quite distressing, and something needed to be done to protect those less able to defend against such aggressions.

It was suggested that perhaps the Brotherhood Guards could put on a day shift to help with the situation, and so someone should go see the man in charge forthwith about it. Kars and Phoenix both agreed that someone with title would be more readily listened to, so because of her Tel'Varataurie standing, Jalla was voluteered for the task.

Kars showed Jalla to Callan Goodmane's new office, and accompanied her inside to see him. After reminder introductions, Jalla addressed the busy man, "Mr. Goodmane, thank you for seeing us. By now, you've probably become aware of the upswing in injuries and fatalites among the people due to the goblin versus kobold conflict."

[ image disabled ]

Jalla Desat (née: dem Vald) - Half-Elf Druidess, Druid of The Source of All Life, soul-mate to Krin Desat, mother to their four children, Dame of Pack Far-Runner, Tel'Varataurie elder, Feywood Taur'ohtarie, Harper, mystic, healer, herbologist.
Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Domefarar - Elf Ranger, Estelglin of the Greenvale Estel Tirindor (she finally took a side). Publicly a Ranger, privately a Rogue Opportunist. A follower of Fenmarel Mestarine, the self-reliant Lone Wolf. Also a Sensate of Sharess, a pleasure and bliss junkie. And a well-armed goth groupie.
Wikia Bio Playlist Threads Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Ranara Duauth - Elf Wizardess. A ‘shadowchild’, a being created by water and shadow, actually an alternating manifestation of Ramana. A follower of Prizimal (Keeper of the Balance of Light and Darkness), and in this universe is a friend to Wai’i’lani.
Wikia Bio Playlist Her complex story begins here: Her Shadow Self Current Events:Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Ramana Jala
05:36:47 PM 11/21/10

Registered Member #1033
Kars added colorfully, "Folks are droppin' like flies." Jalla continued, "I know that I have no official standing in this area, but being of the Tel'Varataurie, I am concerned about all things that affect the people of the Island. Perhaps you could spare a few shifts during the day, to protect the people? The populace would be much reassured, to see you guarding against this."

[ image disabled ]

Kars again interjected a descriptive comment, "You know folks are gonna be bangin' on -yer- door once they see a goblin nibblin' on tha' corpse of some kid." Trying not to grimace at the gruesome image, and knowing how busy the guards must be, Jalla offered a suggestion, "Or, if you are short-handed, perhaps volunteers could be recruited...?" As Callan seemed to be mulling it over, she added, "I do hope you'll think about it, and if there's anything we ourselves can do to help you with this, you can send a message through Bence. Thank you for your time, sir."

They took their leave to let the man think about it. Once outside the door, Kars asked Jalla, "Think he'll listen?" Fairly confident of the Guards' desire to keep the peace and protect the citizens, she replied, "I think it depends entirely on whether he has the resources to spare."

Jalla Desat (née: dem Vald) - Half-Elf Druidess, Druid of The Source of All Life, soul-mate to Krin Desat, mother to their four children, Dame of Pack Far-Runner, Tel'Varataurie elder, Feywood Taur'ohtarie, Harper, mystic, healer, herbologist.
Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Domefarar - Elf Ranger, Estelglin of the Greenvale Estel Tirindor (she finally took a side). Publicly a Ranger, privately a Rogue Opportunist. A follower of Fenmarel Mestarine, the self-reliant Lone Wolf. Also a Sensate of Sharess, a pleasure and bliss junkie. And a well-armed goth groupie.

Ranara Duauth - Elf Wizardess. A ‘shadowchild’, a being created by water and shadow, actually an alternating manifestation of Ramana. A follower of Prizimal (Keeper of the Balance of Light and Darkness), and in this universe is a friend to Wai’i’lani.
Wikia Bio Playlist Her complex story begins here: Her Shadow Self Current Events:Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Payne
11:27:04 PM 11/21/10
EXCELSIOR!

Registered Member #613
Callan shakes his head at the pair as they leave.

"Typical, instead of just helping us out, they demand we do more. For a bunch of Heros, they are the laziest people I've ever seen."Thinking of the name the Woman gave, made him scowl "The Tel'Varataurie.....how damned ignorant of them to tell me how to do my job, when was the last time they did a damned thing to help anyone?"

Callan starts to pace his office, then stops to look at a map on the wall. "Maybe its time to pull my men out of here, we deal with Kin, we deal with idiot Wizards, we get bitched at every damn time some fool Tree Worshiper brings their damned companions to the fire. Lets see how they like having to defend the place!"

Corlupi's muse since 2015.
[ image disabled ]

Riggs - The Man in Black Riggs Theme Song
Vaurin - The Taaldarax of the 'Great Game'
Paydon - Thayan Red Memoirs
Tyson - Paladin of Sune
Slagg - Chosen Priest of Wa'i'lanai
Sqwar - High Priest of Squar'Kanith
Caustin - 'Feywood Elf'
Jachin - Agent of the 'Collective'
Ramana Jala
03:36:55 PM 11/22/10

Registered Member #1033
Jalla had wanted to coordinate any proactivity of organizing volunteer patrols around the Crossroads with the Brotherhood Guards, so as to not interfere with their response nor usurp their jurisidiction, and also to avoid any potential embarrassment to them by having them appear so lax and irresponsible that others had to step up to take over duties of protecting the people.

But having not gotten any reply back from Callan after a few days, nor seen any change in the patrols, Jalla decided that all these concerns were in the end outweighed by the urgent need to protect the citizens.

Thus she posted a flyer upon Bence's notice board, asking for volunteers.

Hardy Citizens and Adventurers!

The Crossroads is currently in-between a conflict between the Goblins and the Kobolds, and people are being injured and killed. Let us each lend our aid to patrol and defend this area and protect our fellow citizens who may not be as well-trained and armed as some of us.

Patrols are needed during the day. This can be done informally, with those available for the task coordinating among themselves to cover the hours when the Brotherhood Guard is not able to patrol.

Wikia Bio Playlist

Davenutninja1
04:10:35 PM 11/22/10

Registered Member #1553
Daniel briefly glances at the note after having a chat with Bence. Nodding to himself as he passes it by with a few quiet words to himself, "Really is about time someone besides myself tried to help them out. Be glad to see more faces helping passerbys when they need it rather than that oh so common blind eye that most tend to turn." With that Daniel heads back to the sandbags to cover another nightwatch.

Characters:
Mains -
Daniel O'Choncobhair - Guardian of the "Tainted"wood. Follower of Arderak,
The Morrigu and Lord Syann (PRAISE HIM!). Dan's theme, Dan's back story

Sylus Kelton -"Retired" Lord High-Marshall of the Royal Corps of Monster Hunters
and Purple Dragon of Cormyr, Keeper of Thain, Knight in service to Steinkreis. Lech,
beachbum, and Sandburrow town drunk.
Sy's Theme
Sides -
Dave - Ninja Dave's theme
Lavan Chitward -The -worst- mage. Decent crafter, Hammersmith
of Thain. Lavan's Theme

Draxyx - Blue -blood. Draxy's Theme
Dontella
04:18:48 PM 11/22/10

Registered Member #1004
Sol eyed the notice, then shook her head slightly.

She had stood with the guards repeatedly of late, especially when she had inadvertently wandered into the line of fire by mistake one afternoon. Boy had that been an especially painful lesson she was not interested in repeating.

She partook in National Hug a Brotherhood Guard day, she super respected them for all they did and was glad to help.

But the problem wasn't going to get any better like that. People had to be willing to do something more, and take some sort of action beyond just guarding the road. Thus she had started to concoct a plan with Mister Daniel and Mister Teron, that something more could be accomplished to ending the conflict.

I might be the villain of this story.

Sorrath ap'Nathia | The Flame. | Godslayer. | The World is Not Enough
Sanguine Flame, Panaziel, Demonic Manifestation
4/27/2014 - DM Miggen: [Tell] OMG you're a bitch, I love it.

Nasmat | High Priestess of Bane. | Religious Differences.
The Black Network, Through a Northern Pass, The Banifaction
Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
7/19/2010 - DM Edrick: [Tell] wickedly evil!
When Paydon met Nasmat

Falkala
10:00:14 PM 11/22/10

Registered Member #623
wrote ...

Kobold numbers 9, Goblins number 11 with two injured.
Chances on this round are 45 to 55, favor to Goblins.
No guards in sight, dawn just broke. Brotherhood away. Civilians not yet out. Fight should progress untouched.

Linked by magic, the writing sprawled across the pages of two books, thousands of miles apart. One rested upon a desk behind bars in Waterdeep. The other held by Mira Dain, standing against the shadow of the Crossroad's trees.

wrote ...

Bets coming in. Heavy favoring on Kobolds. Sarah is taking them down right now.

Her eyes alert, Mira observed the skirmish. Clumsy and untrained, the beasts collided like burlap bags filled with rocks. They bit and kicked and flung stones, marks slashing across the page each time one of them breathed a death rattle.

wrote ...

Fight begins.
K: |||| |||| |

G: |||| |||

Three goblins last standing.

wrote ...
House wins. Enjoy your cut when you return, Lady Mira.

Bets are coming in for the day's casualties.

Mira snapped her book shut, waiting for the next wave, and the next round of betting.

Current Characters:
Deidra - Bronze Blooded Warder of Bahamut.
Eleanor- What would you do to save your own?
Florence - The bear and the maiden fair.
Iskaria - Clipped Huntress. Pact of Rebirth.
Just Miggen
02:49:25 PM 11/24/10
nerf ts

Registered Member #463
The grey clouds rolled in with a chill wind as the first light tried to break free from its atmospheric prison. Almost as if the bleak morning sun was a cue rain began to sweep over the stretch of the crossroads and surrounding country side. Within the hour the rain would turn into little pellets of hail-- but on this day Bence Trade took little notice to rumblings of the gods outside and was more focused on the mortal matters before him.

"Sad to hear it, Mr. Willshopper," he addressed the uniformed ranger of the Wood before him, "but I understand. Callan must have his reasons and I couldn't rely on the guard force forever in my own private affairs, could I? No-- in fact, probably wasn't too healthy to begin with." He offered a nervous chuckle and bright smile.

He then continued, "And just because some contract has expired doesn't mean to stop showing your face around here for a drink! Any of the Brotherhood is certainly welcome back in here at any time. Especially in times when those little buggers walk and war in the hills with no heed to any of us decent folk."

Little was to be said from the ranger. He worked the crossroads shift so long the Trade felt like a second home to him. He only answered with a kind nod and a stretched hand offering the sealed letter to Bence.

"And tell Master Callan I'll deliver this to the girl next time I see her," Bence replied, looking down at the letter for a few brief moments before snapping his head back up and yelling for the door before the figure disappeared, "And grab yourself one on the house on your way out!"

With that he tucked the envelop away and continued business as usual.

Note sealed with the Brotherhood Insignia wrote ...
Jalla,Tel'Varataurie Agent,

We write to you as a trusted ally in these times to give you insight into the recent actions of the Brotherhood of the Wood and the moment as of late. Only yesterday Callan ordered all Brothers retracted from the trading outpost 'The Trade and Tackel' in efforts to spread out forces to more strategic locations where we can hopefully quell these humanoid wars.

For the time law has prohibited traffic on the surrounding roads near the Crossroads Region to the public; allowing only those with armed caravans to cross in the name of safety and security. While we organize back at headquarters there will be a brief time when the lands of the crossroads will become quite dangerous and unguarded. We only hope that you and your kin can help in protecting these lands from complete devastation and infestation of the lesser races until the guard force has had time to fully mobilize. We thank you for your cooperation and alliance in these troubling times.

~The Brothers of the Wood~

[ Edited 02:52:40 PM 11/24/10 ]

You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the half-drow dragonblooded sorcerer raised in Celestia with a mechanical mithril arm and scimitars for hands.

You love to see it.
Website
Ramana Jala
08:56:18 PM 11/24/10

Registered Member #1033
Jalla had been spending much time around the Crossroads, and was pleased to see that others had responded to the situation as well. From Miss Soliel who was trying to figure a way to end the conflict, to a group led by a Miss Anna who had decided to go look into the kobold warrens, to an elf named Ahron Lierle'en who had come out of the northern forest to lend his aid.

When that group had gone to the kobold warrens, Jalla had considered to at the same time go the other direction up to the goblin warrens to also have a look around, but then had stayed around the Crossroads to patrol. And it was well that she had, and that Ahron and another elf, an archeress, had also come along, because there were several more attacks from kobolds upon the area during the night. She had tried to reason with the creatures, as she wanted to see if they could be approached to be convinced to move their conflict away from the area, and also she was as a general rule loathe to kill any living creature, unless in others' or or her own self-defense, or culling in the defense of the balance of nature. But they heeded not her entreaties, and had to be dispatched for the greater good.

Jalla had noticed that fortunately the citizens seemed to be more and more staying off the road, but she was also perplexed and dismayed to see the shifts of the Brotherhood Guard decreasing, rather than increasing in response to the situation at hand. It wasn't until she stopped by Bence to check her messages, that he handed her a letter that explained it. Well, at least someone had had the courtesy to inform her of the situation. But without the Brotherhood Guard, all the hells could break loose around the Crossroads.

She walked outside and found Cypher, Soliel, and Ahron standing guard, and no Brotherhood guards to be seen at all. They discussed the situation, and Soleil mentioned contacting the Keepers and the Bastions. Jalla thought it was a good idea, and she also thought to herself that she would put out the word among in the Feywood and among her other associates, to lend whatever aid could be had. She would also speak with Krin about the wolves around there, and again see if they could do something to lure them away from the area.

After the conversation, she went back in to see Bence to assure him that many were concerned to help, and that she herself would mobilize as many as she could to protect people and property in the area.

[ image disabled ]

Wikia Bio Playlist

Kyssyt
05:40:51 AM 11/27/10

Registered Member #1273
A pair of yellow eyes watches the carnage from a safe distance..

[ image disabled ]</div>

[ Edited 05:41:20 AM 11/27/10 ]

In-game: Neverwinthefights
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top