The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


Kyssyt
03:05:25 PM 01/17/20
I agree about the absurdity of conversations that last two days and two nights. but in terms of age - especially long-term characters - passage of time throws up interesting questions.

Jandari
11:09:33 AM 01/17/20
Yeah, it's all subjective and based on the story being told.

Payne
10:11:19 AM 01/17/20
*Points to Dogberts comment*

This is the way.

Dogbert
01:11:39 AM 01/17/20
I prefer to use real-time, myself! I don't imagine any of my characters have really had 4 day conversations, for instance.

Cuchuwyn
08:29:10 PM 01/16/20
It should be noted though that time is a nebulous concept at best on Thain. The answer to any question about how much time has passed between two events is always "however much time is most interesting for the story".

Thranduil Greenleaf
08:18:58 PM 01/16/20
@Kyssyt,
I did the math on that about 10 years ago, and if it hasn't changed, 1 year RL is equal to about 30 years game time on Thain. So, 12 years RL would be about 360 years on Thain.

Kyssyt
08:05:23 PM 01/16/20
What's 12 RL years in Thain years?

Jandari
05:51:49 PM 01/16/20
code? Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start?

Cuchuwyn
05:40:58 PM 01/16/20
You know, this Melphaecto woman may be a bit harsh, but she at least has a code.

Payne
03:31:27 PM 01/16/20
Vaurin is looking like the hero we all need after all.



Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion
 
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Through a Northern Pass
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
This thread is now closed
Author Post
Dontella
01:38:35 AM 08/27/10

Registered Member #1004
Joined: 07:54:02 AM 03/16/07
Posts: 2499
Operation: Northern Expansion
Participants: All Zhentarim Agents
Objective: To Expand the Network’s influence in the North.

I was provided a map from an unknown source, marking new landscapes in the Northern part of the island. While the reasoning behind why such was left for me, the map has proven to be accurate in providing a new area of terrain to explore.

The pass which leads into the North has a vast potential for us, and many secrets within such as well. It is within our interests that this potential is realized by the Zhentarim before others make use of it and we lose the opportunity.

A watch over the land is to be kept and a tent manned as an outpost, until we are able to see if the secrets within are worth claiming.

Reports and updates should be maintained, as well as a progress as to if the dense terrain can be cleared to see what lies within.

~Imperceptor Nasmat




//Any Zhents RPing in the North post here. Anyone catching the Zhents in their schemes is welcome to post here as well.

Edit to Add: I didn't think this was needed, but let's be respectful and not Meta Game. Thanks


[ Edited 05:51:19 AM 08/27/10 ]

I might be the villain of this story.

Sorrath ap'Nathia | The Flame. | Godslayer. | The World is Not Enough
Sanguine Flame, Panaziel, Demonic Manifestation
4/27/2014 - DM Miggen: [Tell] OMG you're a bitch, I love it.

Nasmat | High Priestess of Bane. | Religious Differences.
The Black Network, Through a Northern Pass, The Banifaction
Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
7/19/2010 - DM Edrick: [Tell] wickedly evil!
When Paydon met Nasmat

Back to top
Hairball 78
04:41:08 AM 08/27/10

Registered Member #987
Joined: 09:51:12 AM 02/16/07
Posts: 165
Letting the snow flakes land upon his gauntlet, he took a moment to evaluate his actions so far.
His "vacation" had passed without incident amidst the snow drifts, although he had learned nothing new of the area, the crisp air had provided a pleasant change from the usual climate.

[ image disabled ]


Shaking the snow flakes from his gauntlet, he knew it was likely high time to return home to see what had come to pass in his time away.
With a soft grumble, he set off trudging south through the snow once again.



[ Edited 04:44:13 AM 08/27/10 ]

Cy's theme...for now -Clickedy- ...The again there's also this one -Clickedy-

Taron's theme music: [ image disabled ]
Additional listenage:
-Clickedy-
-Clickedy-
-Clickedy-




Back to top
GladeRune
05:43:23 AM 08/27/10

Registered Member #1557
Joined: 02:19:57 PM 03/21/10
Location: London, England.
Posts: 202
A young bardess watches from a clear distance, their activities. Secretivly and watchfully.

Glade.
---
Main:
Camilla Harnech of Arion: A mysterious mage...-> Theme tune. -Clickedy-
Tarlyn: Leader of the Silver Blades. / Imprisoned in Steinkreis.
Kalah: Female druid, follower of Wa'i'lanai.
Laura Valice: Unusual bardess.
Currently all away... On Vacation? Who knows...
Back to top
Hairball 78
11:28:57 AM 08/27/10

Registered Member #987
Joined: 09:51:12 AM 02/16/07
Posts: 165
Returning to the Ebon Trading Post, Taron immediately set to penning his lastest report.

Operation: Exploratory Vacation.

Objective: To better evaluate the strategic and materialistic gains to be had in area X.


Having been met with no response regarding further missions in the north, I decided to explore the area alone.
Amongst the more obvious noteable features are a ruined or incomplete structure which, if tended to properly, could serve as an outpost.
Strategically, it looks over the entrance to the pass itself.

Please find attached a rough sketch of said structure.



[ image disabled ]



Amongst the natural resources are small mineral deposits and ample livestock, the latter could be farmed easily as they seem rather docile for the most part.

Area X does have access to water, however the extent of this shall have to be explored by the navy.
Also there are some areas here which as of yet, remain inaccessable.

Personal evaluation: This area is rich in potential, both strategically and economically, as such it requires further exploration.
Attached are a number of roughly drawn maps, complete with footnotes.

Signed: Taron Rift.





[ Edited 11:29:59 AM 08/27/10 ]

Cy's theme...for now -Clickedy- ...The again there's also this one -Clickedy-

Taron's theme music: [ image disabled ]
Additional listenage:
-Clickedy-
-Clickedy-
-Clickedy-




Back to top
Talla
12:53:01 PM 08/27/10
*hairflip*

Registered Member #232
Joined: 06:20:46 AM 08/30/04
Location: La-La Land
Posts: 5362
And even farther in the distance...

A certain assassin watches the bardess watching the Zhents who are watching the... terrain.

The plot thickens.

To the world you may be just one person; but to one person you may be the world.
Back to top
Hairball 78
10:45:53 AM 09/02/10

Registered Member #987
Joined: 09:51:12 AM 02/16/07
Posts: 165
He had wandered north alone yet again, being careful not to be followed, he found his way back to the pass.
Taking time to set up a tent and a camp fire on one of the higher ridges, he took time to enjoy the quietness of the place in general.

The stillness of the night was broken by a rather disgruntled mooing sound from below, one of the mountain cows had gotten it's head lodged between two tree trunks. He watched as the beast managed to pull itself free, creating a small gap in that which blocked the old path.

Leaving the small warmth of the fire, he decided to investigate.
Drawing closer, he found that he was able to squeeze through the gap created. Slowly and carefully, he made his way through, wary eyes always watching for any new dangers that may lie beyond the tree line.
He was surprised to find the place quiet and continued to wander along until in the distance, stone work came into view.
Drawing closer still, the peak of a tower became visible.


[ image disabled ]





Cy's theme...for now -Clickedy- ...The again there's also this one -Clickedy-

Taron's theme music: [ image disabled ]
Additional listenage:
-Clickedy-
-Clickedy-
-Clickedy-




Back to top
Eldurain
10:52:24 AM 09/02/10
Tempting as it was, I decided not to go round hitting people with a crowbar.

Registered Member #650
Joined: 07:17:12 AM 11/20/05
Location: Belgium
Posts: 8760
...Yet the presence of the living one walking through the woodland pass stirred something that had long laid dormant...



Itarildé Eldurain ~-~ Half-Elf ~-~ Loremaster ~-~

Danath Eldurain ~-~ Elf ~-~ Rogue ~-~

If the Swan be nesting high, then floods are expected; if only the head of the Swan may be seen, they have arrived abruptly. - The Discworld Almanak
Back to top
Hairball 78
11:15:53 AM 09/02/10

Registered Member #987
Joined: 09:51:12 AM 02/16/07
Posts: 165
Proceeding along, until he found an opening in the remaining wall, he made his way towards the tower. The air was still, and calm, almost heavy. The way the air always seems different in ruins.

Working his way around the base of the tower, the extent of the neglect became more apparent.

[ image disabled ]



Timber girders had long ago succumb to rot and floors had crashed to the ground. The stones themselves seemed old yet sturdy, well set in place to stand against the passage of time.

All the while there was a lingering sense of foreboding from beyond the tree line. With this in mind, he decided to return to his tent. Trudging along slowly and carefully, as he emerged the small passage that was opened by the mountain cow collapsed.

Returning to the higher ridge, he let out a small grumble as he added a note to his ledger.


Note to agents: Do Not leave tents unattended as the local beasts seem to find them suitable meals.





Cy's theme...for now -Clickedy- ...The again there's also this one -Clickedy-

Taron's theme music: [ image disabled ]
Additional listenage:
-Clickedy-
-Clickedy-
-Clickedy-




Back to top
Dontella
01:09:17 PM 09/02/10

Registered Member #1004
Joined: 07:54:02 AM 03/16/07
Posts: 2499
Operation: Northern Expansion
Participants: All Zhentarim Agents

New Standing Orders.

The Northern pass is to be watched in teams of at least two persons. The focus is to be upon the heavily wooded area in the West, where the path currently is blocked. No one is to wander the pass alone until we have determined the full measure of what lies through the woods beyond, and evaluated the potential threat such holds.

Be especially vigilant of odd patterns in weather, wind patterns and potential voices in the snow. Reports should be sent immediately via messenger raven if such occurs.

The road West is currently blocked. I want this pass cleared as soon as possible. This is to be done using simple methods of handaxes and woodsaws. No explosives, stampedes or other radical courses of action that will cause the area to be buried under an avalanche.

There is -something- within those woods.. and it is my intention we determine what it is and the potential it offers. Be it friendly or hostile, information is paramount in our endeavors of growth and influence.

Action is to be expediant and all agents are to work upon this endeavor.

~Imperceptor Nasmat



[ image disabled ]


I might be the villain of this story.

Sorrath ap'Nathia | The Flame. | Godslayer. | The World is Not Enough
Sanguine Flame, Panaziel, Demonic Manifestation
4/27/2014 - DM Miggen: [Tell] OMG you're a bitch, I love it.

Nasmat | High Priestess of Bane. | Religious Differences.
The Black Network, Through a Northern Pass, The Banifaction
Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
7/19/2010 - DM Edrick: [Tell] wickedly evil!
When Paydon met Nasmat

Back to top
Davenutninja1
01:33:17 PM 09/02/10

Registered Member #1553
Joined: 04:14:34 AM 03/11/10
Location: GMT -8
Posts: 454
Eyeing the tree line and setting to work with his axe and the flasks of liquid fire provided by the Templar Daniel set about cleaving frozen trees in an attempt to forge a path.
[ image disabled ]


Characters:
Mains -
Daniel O'Choncobhair - Guardian of the "Tainted"wood. Follower of Arderak,
The Morrigu and Lord Syann (PRAISE HIM!). Dan's theme, Dan's back story

Sylus Kelton -"Retired" Lord High-Marshall of the Royal Corps of Monster Hunters
and Purple Dragon of Cormyr, Keeper of Thain, Knight in service to Steinkreis. Lech,
beachbum, and Sandburrow town drunk.
Sy's Theme
Sides -
Dave - Ninja Dave's theme
Lavan Chitward -The -worst- mage. Decent crafter, Hammersmith
of Thain. Lavan's Theme

Draxyx - Blue -blood. Draxy's Theme
Back to top
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 20, Members: 2 ...
Jandari viewing forum.php
Warlord Kro viewing forum.php

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1874
Newest member: Bingo

Now Playing
1. Dagmar
2. Seth Evershade
3. Joan
4. Aarag Jerz
5. Nore Yanicelin
6. Arial Benneset
7. Brooklyn Ja'Quoi
8. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
9. Kaiser
10. Sage Evershade
Render time: 0.0905 sec, 0.0080 of that for queries. DB queries: 33.