Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  2 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  2 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  5 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  5 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  5 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  5 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

To Light the Path

1 2 
LAN_402 LAN_403
NightBlade
1:08:55 am GMT 08/06/10
NightBlade Registered Member #1476 Joined: 9:02:11 pm GMT 08/16/09
The light from the amulet illuminated his room, as Aaron sat fiddling with the chain that it hung from. Soliel had told him that it bore a symbol of Andarus, a God of Light once on the island. Raising up and releasing the amulet, Aaron stood and stretched preparing to leave for the Library in Steinkreis. Perhaps some books on Andarus and the Drakamyre would help?

Days earlier…

Dale, Jim, and Aaron sat at the fire outside the Trade. Talk of the spiders and the ritual in Hamley were spoken between the men and a destination was set. They would patrol the foothills around Hamley to reduce the Iron Clan threat during the ritual. As they prepared to leave they were joined by a man named, Demetri as they began to set out north. A Hin caravan happened to be passing by on its way to Hamley, which they joined with as they marched along. Bandits soon attacked in an attempt to thwart the caravan from reaching its destination. The bandit threat was removed and the caravan arrived safely within the gates of Hamley. Once there the Empyrean Captain passed and informed them that the caravan would soon be moving on. A decision was made among the group to soften the undead along the road to aid the passage of the caravan and the group soon set out. Amongst the battles with the undead, a lizard folk was spotted pilfering a body. It stated it was a servant of Fhelkhorn, and plundering near the Mourning Knight Inn for gifts to line the bed of Fhelkhorn. It spoke of Fhelkhorn’s soon to be return, a disturbing notion. Battle ensued and the amulet was soon removed from the dead lizardfolk. The amulet shone with a brilliant light as he took it in hand, examining it as he turned it over. A beautiful piece no doubt, he thought as they continued their patrol into the Wastes.

<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>
NightBlade
6:21:19 pm GMT 08/06/10
//OOC any who are involved in any way are welcome to post at anytime. Those helping or hindering are welcome. tongue
NightBlade
4:57:41 am GMT 08/07/10
Making his way through the crowded streets of the city, Aaron found himself in the upper parts of the city and soon entered the Library. The library in Steinkreis had a vast selection, and it took some time to search all the shelves for what he sought after. Aaron soon found himself walking back towards the Trade with an arm full of books and a promissory note to return all the books as soon as his reading was finished.

While sitting at the Trade with Lilith reading over the vast amount of history and information that sat before him, a woman named Avarith inquired on what he was studying. The conversation lead to her experiences during the shadow War and her knowledge of Andarus. Her inquiry into the reason he sought this information lead to Aaron showing her the amulet he found. Through divine means, Avarith was able to discern that the amulet was indeed of Andarus. She informed him that Lord Draxus was one of the chosen champions of Andarus.

As he finished his readings and mulling over what he had been told thus far, Aaron set a goal to meet with Draxus to discuss this amulet and the God Andarus.

NightBlade
2:33:39 pm GMT 08/10/10
Not often finding himself in Greenvale, Aaron took advantage of the morning after the party at the Bathhouse in Greenvale to slip off to see Draxus. Kissing the sleeping cheek of Lilith, who was resting off the wine from the previous night, Aaron dressed in his armor and made his way through the wooded city to the Tower of Elisara.

The door guard stepped up, halting his advance. Aaron explained his request to speak with Draxus, and after showing the Elven symbol of Friendship, was allowed to enter the tower.

Entering the tower, he began to slow his step as he thought over what he would say to the Demi-God. What was he truly trying to find here? Merely to learn the history of the amulet and the God who made it? No, he wanted to know how to use this simple seeming piece of jewelry to further what the Bastions of Light stood for; to protect other, and to cast more light on a dark land.

As he entered the tower and made his way towards Draxus, the amulet’s light began to shine brighter than normal. As Aaron thought over why he was there, his resolve grew and, with more confidence, approached Draxus. Bowing low, he introduced himself.

“My Lord, you may not know me. My name is Aaron Lyonaler.”

NightBlade
9:25:58 pm GMT 08/15/10
After exchanging pleasantries with Draxus, Aaron was informed that he did not have sufficient time to meet in length at the moment. With a bow and thanks for his time, Aaron left the tower to return north. Two days after returning home, Aaron made his way to the Trade and Tackle to visit Bence and check on mail or packages left for him. With a smile and a nod Aaron thanked Bence for the deliveries and made his way to the common room to sit on the couch. Sifting through a package left for him, an Elven woman approached him and enquired, “Might I enquire where I could find a sir Lyonaler?

Setting aside the package, he smiled up at her replying, “My name is Aaron Lyonaler.

Showing sign of relief that she was successful in her search, “Oh, how fortunate.

Do you require my assistance, Miss?

Smiling at him with a slight tilt of her head, “A colleague of mine, who resides in the Greenvale, overheard you talking to the Celestial.

Gaining his interest even more now. “With Lord Draxus?

I understand Lord Draxus is busy with matter which no longer apply to our realm. “With a genuine look of interest she stated. “I thought perhaps I could be nosy and inquire what it is you were after?

Grasping the amulet that hung around his neck he stood and explained. “I came into possession of this recently. A friend informed me that it was made by Andarus.

She leaned forward slightly with a keen eye. “May I see it?

Hesitantly Aaron unclasped the necklace and, while still holding onto the chain it hung on, placing the amulet in her hands for her to examine. “Another confirmed it was indeed of Andarus and informed me that Lord Draxus is a champion of Andarus.

Her eyes pouring over the amulet she replies without looking up. “Oh yes. That is correct. Though since his mount, the noble Gzalmash perished, lord Draxus has been turning his attention to matters in Celestia. It has been said he is preparing his departure from this plane.” Continuing, as she traces the amulet with her finger delicately, “Oh my. I have not seen one of these since the Shadow War. The warriors of the light, who fought in the dark wasteland due west, wore these in battle. Or so the legend goes.

I see. It was discovered in the Drakamyre, near the Wastes.

It is quite rare to find one intact... And seeing it still works in your hands must mean it has accepted you as a worthy holder.” Patting him on the hand as she offered the amulet back, “I hope it will serve you as well as it did those that served the former god of Light. Though, he is no longer with us, men such as yourself do up hold to his ideals.

Slightly embarrassed by the compliment, Aaron offered her a small smile. “I am not worthy of any praise. Though, you have my thanks.

I have searched the libraries of Steinkreis and Greenvale for information on Andarus. I was able to locate a few books that seemed to help. Do you know, is Andarus gone from this island for good?

Oh yes. Andarus and the entire pantheon of Thain sacrificed themselves in order to stop the darkness. Though, for more information I must point you to my colleague Hayleigh Faldanis. She is an expert on the old gods of the isle.

Thinking a moment, “I believe I have met her once. We travelled together recently.

Once upon a time, the Keepers were synonym to the Knights of the Light. Many a Knight of Andarus was a Keeper.

Looking down at the amulet again, watching the light shine from it dance around the room, “You said that this amulet still holds some of Andarus' power. Is there way to restore its full power? Or is this not possible with Andarus' sacrifice?

It is amazing it has survived this long. Though, I sadly think nothing more can be done. Then again, perhaps the Keepers might be able to shed more light upon the workings of the Light.” Pausing for a moment to reflect, “Unfortunately, the Keepers no longer boast the numbers they once did. The gods have seen fit to call upon many of their members.

Nodding slowly, Aaron thought back on his time on the island. “I have met only a few Keepers in my time here.

They used to be an example. As shining as your amulet, one might say.” She stops to place a hand on her chest and let out a soft sigh, “Oh, excuse an old lady. My memories often travel back to those days.

One that I met at the camp fire outside this building asked me if I was seeking Andarus as my patron. This is not an option for me, is it then, with the Gods sacrificing themselves?

She offers him an inquisitive look before offering a small smile. “You may worship him. Who knows how the way the gods work. I have heard that enough belief can revive a god. Though, it would be a lengthy process.

You also mentioned that Lord Draxus was to depart from this plane?

Is to depart.” Pointing one finger in the air as she corrects him. “Though Celestials view time much different than us mortals.

Who will head Andarus' followers when he is away?

Does there have to be one? Isn't faith enough? T'is said that the era of the Celestials ended with the Cataclysm.

True enough. Though, some seem to look for a Sheppard to guide. My faith in the power of the Light is strong.

Now is the time for mortals such as yourself to make your own path.” Patting his hand again, “Then perhaps it is up to you to Sheppard the lost again.

Looking down at the amulet again, Aaron nods slightly. Looking up to her again after a moment. “You have my thanks for the information and insight you have given me.

Smiling, “You are welcome.

With a smile Aaron made his way out of the Trade. He would seek out hayleigh to see if she could offer him any additional insight. This was not the first time that the Keepers had been mentioned while on his quest to discover more of this amulet. It would serve to complete two tasks by meeting with her. The Keepers stood for similar ideals that he and the Bastions stood for.
NightBlade
6:06:18 am GMT 08/21/10
After his talk with the elven woman from Greenvale, Aaron made his way to Hamley. A group of boys played "hit the rock with the stick" in one of the fields, watched by a group of younger boys and girls. Aaron leaned against the fence to watch as well, clapping and cheering for those who managed a good hit. Over hearing a group of children speaking of the Keepers and their past deeds, Aaron called over to one of the boys and offered him a few hold coins to deliver a message to Hayliegh for him. Smiling as he watched the boy run off, Aaron made his way to his estate for some rest.

Miss Hayleigh

I hope this letter finds you well and that you have memory of me. We ventured to the Underdark with a large group recently. I am writing you to ask for a meeting between you and myself. I was instructed that you have a vast knowledge of the Gods of Thain, specifically Andarus. At your convenience I would like to set up a meeting that I may inquire on the topic. I may be found in my home in Hamley or often at the Trade and Tackle. Again, I hope all is well with you and that we may soon meet.

Aaron Lyonaler

*The letter is sealed in wax with the Lyonaler family crest of a Lion*

NightBlade
10:26:58 am GMT 09/06/10
Unsure if Hayleigh had received his request, if she was not interested, or if perhaps she was busy or away, Aaron was losing hope in meeting with her. People did tend to leave the island for periods of time and perhaps this was one of those times for her. Aaron thought that another course of action could be taken while he waited, and began asking around for others who might have knowledge of Andarus. A Half-Elven woman by the name of Itarildé was mentioned to him as a possible source of information. It also had been mentioned that Itarildé was a friend of Hayleigh, perhaps if she could not aid in this she could help in setting up a meeting with her. Aaron decided to reach out to her as well, though the location of this woman was unknown to the one who mentioned her to Aaron. He was told she was as a seeker of knowledge and lore. Soon after, Aaron made the walk to the Steinkreis Library to leave a note for Itarildé in hopes that she frequented the place as well as a note left with Bence at the Trade.
NightBlade
10:18:15 pm GMT 09/15/10
After delivering the message to the Library, Aaron was advised that Itarildé might be found in the frozen north. Packing warm attire, Aaron chartered transportation to the north with the caravan master. Trudging through the snow to the village, Aaron made his way to the Ice and Fang Inn. The small village tended to have many easily identifiable regulars and Aaron was able to gleam from a regular patron that Itarildé had been known to wander the Northern pass.

The walk through the snow was slow as it continued to fall. Plowing a path through, Aaron was alerted to the heavy footsteps of several giants. Surrounded at all sides by the quick moving giants, Aaron whispered a prayer as his body light up in a white aura. The giants swung but could no longer make contact with their massive war hammers. Taking advantage of the shock of the giants, Aaron began swinging, slashing at legs, groin, and abdomen. Soon the four giants were felled. Taking a quick knee to offer thanks for the aid, Aaron realized that he had in fact offered the prayer for aid to Andarus and not Paladine, as he normally would have. Shaking this off, he gave his thanks to Andarus and continued on his way.

Upon entering the pass, Aaron was greeted by a herd of mountain cattle. Making his way around the beasts, he made his way through the snow in search of Itarildé. Unsure as to her location, he prepared himself for a long cold search. Luck was with him and he soon located her, or rather she located him. Names were exchanged and the reason he sought her out was revealed. She informed him that she knew little of the Celestial Gods and that Hayleigh would be the best source. She also made mention of another, Andras, as well as offering to send word to both Hayleigh and Andras of my request. After the conversation, Aaron made his way back down the mountain. A little disappointed at not obtaining answers, he did have a little more hope as he had another person to inquire with, Andras.
NightBlade
12:37:57 am GMT 09/17/10
Hearing of the ruined temple of Andarus near the new Port Gelena, Aaron made his way up to the holy site. Picking through the ruins a pile of tarnished books was stacked in a corner of some fallen stones. Closer examination revealed that some of the passages had survived the open environment and time, as he carefully turned the pages. Two books seemed salvageable and contained some interesting information about the Celestial Knights, Andarus, and the temple grounds. Wrapping these in cloth to protect them, he continued his search for any remains of the once temple to the God of Light.

Coming upon a structure that was, for the most part, still intact, though the ceiling was on the ground. Carefully picking his way through the rubble, he spotted a tablet with writing on it. Aaron took a knee to get close enough to read the writings.

“Thou shall kill only in defense of others or oneself. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Serve the light above all else.”

There was much to consider after his trip to the temple grounds. He had obtained new books to read over as well as the addition of the commandments from the tablet that he had written down. Some study and meditation on these things was in order.

NightBlade
7:56:40 am GMT 02/02/11
Another trip to the libraries netted Aaron a couple of new books to read over. Sitting at the Cross roads, Aaron poured over a book titled "The Lost Gods" . A passage seemed to jump out of the page at him.

“It is said the life force of a deity is belief, those whom surely believe. From those devout, the deity grows and in return for their faith, the deity gifts blessings and pries or an appropriate response according to the ways of different deities.“

This reminded him of what was told to him by the elven lore master from Greenvale.

“You may worship him. Who knows how the way the gods work. I have heard that enough belief can revive a god.”

“Then perhaps it is up to you to Sheppard the lost again.”

Remembering such things gave him an amount of hope. More reading and inquiring on Andarus and his temple would need to be done. Perhaps there was a way to bring back to the island even a small amount of the past glory of the God of light. Such a thing would be a blessing for a land so deep in the shadows, as Thain was currently in.
1 2 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 31
  • Members: 1
  • Newest Member: Heisenbeast
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Vandir
2. M�rynsilm�
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org